What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (10 Viewers)

Widbill about Bannon’s comments, I do think he knows what he’s talking about, but I think he’s trying to taunt the Dems there. Trump prefers slap fights and insult contests of the sort he’s describing. I don’t know if the Dem candidate can control him/herself but I’d agree that’s a losing strategy. 

Widbill about Bannon’s comments, I do think he knows what he’s talking about, but I think he’s trying to taunt the Dems there. Trump prefers slap fights and insult contests of the sort he’s describing. I don’t know if the Dem candidate can control him/herself but I’d agree that’s a losing strategy. 
He actually said Biden couldn't hit the fastball anymore. 

That's just... :lmao: . I don't even know what to say. These guys are masters of political slap fights. What's Biden going to say to that, especially given his family's dealings with China if he comes after Trump's Russia? 

This whole thing would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous. We needed not to enact the 22nd Amendment and let nature its course. The Founders had a goon plan in state legislature elections of Senators and no term limits for President. Should have left it.  

Last edited by a moderator:

That's just... :lmao: . I don't even know what to say. These guys are masters of political slap fights. What's Biden going to say to that, especially given his family's dealings with China if he comes after Trump's Russia? 

This whole thing would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous. We needed not to enact the 22nd Amendment and let nature its course. The Founders had a goon plan in state legislature elections of Senators and no term limits for President. Should have left it.  
Trump is going to Jeb Bush him  if he tries to play by the rules. People say Biden will our debate him, no way that will happen . You can’t debate Trump like it’s a normal debate.

Trump’s game is he’s a filibusterer. As long as they’re talking about crap they can’t be talking about serious stuff. So Trump retweeting Bannon (who last we saw DJT trashing him) insulting Biden is supposed to make Biden hit with the insult back. Just don’t do it.

Trump is going to Jeb Bush him  if he tries to play by the rules. People say Biden will our debate him, no way that will happen . You can’t debate Trump like it’s a normal debate.
The nuclear triad question is the way you debate Trump, but Rubio basically blew that one. Instead of drilling Trump on what the basic term meant he did him a massive favor and explained it. I’m not making a Duke comp, promise, but Edwin Edwards did that to Duke in a debate years ago and it destroyed him.

Trump’s game is he’s a filibusterer. As long as they’re talking about crap they can’t be talking about serious stuff. So Trump retweeting Bannon (who last we saw DJT trashing him) insulting Biden is supposed to make Biden hit with the insult back. Just don’t do it.
Absolutely don't do it. Anyone like the horse race aspect of this? It feels like the Democratic primary is going to be held in a New York Borough somewhere while the general gets the Upstate NY treatment. I don't know. Just interesting. Trump underwater in Ohio...we'll see about that.  

The nuclear triad question is the way you debate Trump, but Rubio basically blew that one. Instead of drilling Trump on what the basic term meant he did him a massive favor and explained it. I’m not making a Duke comp, promise, but Edwin Edwards did that to Duke in a debate years ago and it destroyed him.
Yeah, don't make any assumptions that your opponent knows something because he's a member of the political class and instead make him explain everything. That's what you need to do with him.  

I don’t think Biden will be the nominee. Too old, too much baggage, not enough juice left in the tank and sadly too white for the Democrats. Skin color is number one in importance.  

They don’t have Russia to run on as that has been proven to be a lie so all that’s left is RACISM!!!  Oh and free healthcare for illegals....just so out of touch with America its astonishing.  

I agree that Trump annihilated Bush, but Bush was never going to gain tread in the race after his father and brother had served three terms in the executive. That would have been too dynastic, even for the executive.  That's my humble opinion about what happened to Bush, frankly.  

I don’t think Biden will be the nominee. Too old, too much baggage, not enough juice left in the tank and sadly too white for the Democrats. Skin color is number one in importance.  

They don’t have Russia to run on as that has been proven to be a lie so all that’s left is RACISM!!!  Oh and free healthcare for illegals....just so out of touch with America its astonishing.  
5 of the top 6 Dems are white. 

I agree that Trump annihilated Bush, but Bush was never going to gain tread in the race after his father and brother had served three terms in the executive. That would have been too dynastic, even for the executive.  That's my humble opinion about what happened to Bush, frankly.  
I could be wrong but I believe Jeb had a Biden type of lead at this point in the 2016 election cycle 

I could be wrong but I believe Jeb had a Biden type of lead at this point in the 2016 election cycle 
Wow. That just says something about 2016 and dead in the water the Republican Party was. I was a Rand Paul supporter, and Trump sort of mopped the floor with him right away, too. How did he do that?  

That was June when Trump first got in. His Mexicans/criminal/rapists speech catapulted him, Fox backed him, and he was the favorite in the polls (though not the press) by August.

All the Democrat candidates have showed they are willing to lob insults at the President, and Trump welcomes this.  That is the massive difference between Bush/McCain/Romney, Democrats could say whatever they wanted and trash these guy all day with no push back.  Not with Trump. He hits these people twice as hard back when they come at him.  It’s really refreshing.

Wow. That just says something about 2016 and dead in the water the Republican Party was. I was a Rand Paul supporter, and Trump sort of mopped the floor with him right away, too. How did he do that?  
The networks helped Trump immensely, he spoke about illegal immigration, Obamacare etc and had a debate style no one had seen, don’t play by rules while steamrolling candidates. People hate him on twitter but it was a big asset for him . But I could be wrong 

Trump was Masvidal and the field was Askren. They just didn’t see it coming

There’s a good chance Hillary wouldn’t have been the nom if more than 1 other person ran against her. It was Sanders, that O’Malley stuff for like 5 minutes. That was it.

There’s a good chance Hillary wouldn’t have been the nom if more than 1 other person ran against her. It was Sanders, that O’Malley stuff for like 5 minutes. That was it.
I thought the deterrent to running was baked in to that DNC cake, and Sanders got the full confection on that one. 

I'm totally subverting the language filter with weird analogies these days.  

I don’t even think Biden can hit off the tee, let alone a fastball.  Biden is a complete stooge for China and Sloppy Steve revealed part of the upcoming Campaign strategy if Biden did win the nomination (he won’t though).

I think Trump was the clear front-runner in the polls at this point in the cycle.

ETA: I found this. I looks like Trump took the lead by the end of July 2015 and remained in front the whole time except for a few days in November when Ben Carson momentarily pulled even with him.

That’s all Biden knows though, which is why he would get absolutely smoked in a debate.  My 85 year old grandma is quicker on her feet than Joe Biden.

:goodposting:

This is big, no playing  defense like in 2018. 

That’s all Biden knows though, which is why he would get absolutely smoked in a debate.  My 85 year old grandma is quicker on her feet than Joe Biden.
Biden makes me nervous occasionally for sure. He also has great moments.

His hands are tied a bit that he can’t whack away at say Harris. That won’t be an issue with Trump.

Biden presented I thought fairly well that he’s moderate. As the field narrows down it’s going to be him (or Pete) versus whichever further left candidate comes out of the pack. I think that will be Warren.

But yes Biden makes me nervous when he’s trying to spit out stats and memorized lines.

Biden makes me nervous occasionally for sure. He also has great moments.

His hands are tied a bit that he can’t whack away at say Harris. That won’t be an issue with Trump.

Biden presented I thought fairly well that he’s moderate. As the field narrows down it’s going to be him (or Pete) versus whichever further left candidate comes out of the pack. I think that will be Warren.

But yes Biden makes me nervous when he’s trying to spit out stats and memorized lines.
Good ol' Rotary Joe

God love him.

God love him.
One of the worst gaffes in recent political history. Does he say that often?  

"Oh, God love you..."

Harris has a lot to answer for in her history. Mayor Pete is more of the clean slate guy.

Biden should be okay in both NH and IA, IMHO. wikkid thinks Pete works retail magic in NH and knows the area and Dem primary better than I, a CT then left-libertarian now right-libertarian kind of guy from way back.  

One of the worst gaffes in recent political history. Does he say that often?  

"Oh, God love you..."

Harris has a lot to answer for in her history. Mayor Pete is more of the clean slate guy.

Biden should be okay in both NH and IA, IMHO. wikkid thinks Pete works retail magic in NH and knows the area and Dem primary better than I, a CT then left-libertarian now right-libertarian kind of guy from way back.  
I think it'll be a huge surprise if Biden doesn't win Iowa, NH, and SC

It’s weird that Biden makes me the most nervous if you are just talking the debates. His policies are the most electable.

Pete, Harris, Warren, Sanders would all crush Trump in debates.

If you want to see how Biden will so in a debate with Trump, don’t look at the debates between him and other Democrats, or the debates between Trump and Republicans. Look at the debate between Biden and Sarah Palin in 2008 and the debates between Trump and Hillary in 2016. Those won’t tell you the whole picture but it will be a lot closer. 

But in truth, nothing that happens in debates between Biden and Trump will matter. This election is not about changing people’s minds; it’s about motivating people to vote. Whichever side had the most energy will win. There’s at least an 80-90% chance that will be the Democrats. 

It’s weird that Biden makes me the most nervous if you are just talking the debates. His policies are the most electable.

Pete, Harris, Warren, Sanders would all crush Trump in debates.
I think Trump got crushed (?) in all of the presidential debates,  didn't he?

At the very least, the loser in all of them.

IIRC?

Not really Biden is up like 20 points on Harris.

She’s going to continue to drop like a stone IMO.
That doesn’t matter. 

Nate Silver of 538 correctly has her in the first rank with Warren, both at 1b (Biden is 1a). That’s because if Biden falls, those are the only two alternatives for black voters at this point (and in truth Harris has a much better shot at this than Warren.) 

I think Trump got crushed (?) in all of the presidential debates,  didn't he?

At the very least, the loser in all of them.

IIRC?
That is correct. 

Personally I think the main debates between the two candidates are way overrated. They used to matter a great deal. Now I wonder if they matter at all. 

In 2012 Mitt Romney won the first debate against Obama. Conventional wisdom is that he might have won the election but lost the the second debate (because Cindy Crowley was unfair to him.) 

i don’t believe it. If the 2012 election had taken place after the first debate, Romney still would have lost, because he wasn’t going to win Ohio. It might have been a little closer but not much. 

I was a Rand guy at the time also and was shocked at how fast Trump delivered the tko. 

Thats the other thing here, Trump had like a dozen clowns on stage during a lot of those things almost exclusively attacking him.  Joe Biden has only had to deal with some nutty lady obsessed with 70’s era bussing, Corey Booker, Bill de Bozio and a Castro brother.  It’s hilarious really. 

That doesn’t matter. 

Nate Silver of 538 correctly has her in the first rank with Warren, both at 1b (Biden is 1a). That’s because if Biden falls, those are the only two alternatives for black voters at this point (and in truth Harris has a much better shot at this than Warren.) 
She is trending down. It will come to Biden (moderate) and Warren (left, ultra progressive)

Harris is unlikable. She can’t change that. Much better suited attacking.

I was a Rand guy at the time also and was shocked at how fast Trump delivered the tko. 

Thats the other thing here, Trump had like a dozen clowns on stage during a lot of those things almost exclusively attacking him.  Joe Biden has only had to deal with some nutty lady obsessed with 70’s era bussing, Corey Booker, Bill de Bozio and a Castro brother.  It’s hilarious really. 
The main reason that Trump defeated the Republicans he faced in debates was because they were scared to disagree with him. They (the establishment GOP candidates) faced some contradictions: they didn’t want to talk about immigration and trade issues because they knew that their views were different from the base. Jeb Bush and the others lost that battle back in 2013 when they favored the Gang of 8 immigration bill. 

Trump can barely string 3 coherent sentences together.  Trump supporters simply don't care how little Trump seems to know or understand concepts that we've all taken for granted with presidents.  It's all about "owning libs" and being "savage" on twitter.  Trump's supporters would literally rather see a wwe clown than an actual learned, intelligent person be POTUS.  He'll look horrendous against any opponent, even Biden. 

Normalcy will return in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread