Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I was a Rand guy at the time also and was shocked at how fast Trump delivered the tko. 

Thats the other thing here, Trump had like a dozen clowns on stage during a lot of those things almost exclusively attacking him.  Joe Biden has only had to deal with some nutty lady obsessed with 70’s era bussing, Corey Booker, Bill de Bozio and a Castro brother.  It’s hilarious really. 

The main reason that Trump defeated the Republicans he faced in debates was because they were scared to disagree with him. They (the establishment GOP candidates) faced some contradictions: they didn’t want to talk about immigration and trade issues because they knew that their views were different from the base. Jeb Bush and the others lost that battle back in 2013 when they favored the Gang of 8 immigration bill. 

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• The General

• SaintsInDome2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

17 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I was a Rand guy at the time also and was shocked at how fast Trump delivered the tko. 

Thats the other thing here, Trump had like a dozen clowns on stage during a lot of those things almost exclusively attacking him.  Joe Biden has only had to deal with some nutty lady obsessed with 70’s era bussing, Corey Booker, Bill de Bozio and a Castro brother.  It’s hilarious really. 

Trump can barely string 3 coherent sentences together.  Trump supporters simply don't care how little Trump seems to know or understand concepts that we've all taken for granted with presidents.  It's all about "owning libs" and being "savage" on twitter.  Trump's supporters would literally rather see a wwe clown than an actual learned, intelligent person be POTUS.  He'll look horrendous against any opponent, even Biden. 

Normalcy will return in 2020.

Edited by James Daulton
9 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Female prosecuting attorneys are generally saddled with the expectation of being human. 

/in before the sexism

Yup. The profession doesn’t lend to be cuddly. She also  has the Hillary cackle going on.

19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

In 2012 Mitt Romney won the first debate against Obama. Conventional wisdom is that he might have won the election but lost the the second debate (because Cindy Crowley was unfair to him.) 

i don’t believe it. If the 2012 election had taken place after the first debate, Romney still would have lost, because he wasn’t going to win Ohio. It might have been a little closer but not much. 

The mistake people make is fighting the current war like the last war. Just because debates didn’t matter in 2016 doesn’t mean they won’t in 2020, just as Obama successfully mocking Romney in 2012 mattering didn’t mean Hillary mocking Trump as a puppet in 2016 would matter. This isn’t an insult, for anyone who might consider voting for him his lack of character and shallowness on policy is irrelevant.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

That’s embarrassing, and maybe even funny because it was so foolish and unintentional, but mocking the disabled is disgraceful.

That's not what he was doing!!!

"powning libs 24x7!!!!"

Edited by James Daulton
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The mistake people make is fighting the current war like the last war. Just because debates didn’t matter in 2016 doesn’t mean they won’t in 2020, just as Obama successfully mocking Romney in 2012 mattering didn’t mean Hillary mocking Trump as a puppet in 2016 would matter. This isn’t an insult, for anyone who might consider voting for him his lack of character and shallowness on policy is irrelevant.

Nate from 538 says debates are important.

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Yes, because she doesn’t have to answer for anything 

She answers when people are critical from what I have seen (it’s been pretty limited) but she does it in a way that is very off putting. She didn’t handle Tulsi giving her a few love taps in the debate well, she didn’t handle criticism of her evolving health plan well. 

These are just my observations who knows but she is dropping after her bussing garbage bounce she got. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, The General said:

It’s weird that Biden makes me the most nervous if you are just talking the debates. His policies are the most electable.

Pete, Harris, Warren, Sanders would all crush Trump in debates.

I don’t think anyone crushes Trump, his unorthodox style ties people up. Plus he could be “out debates” and lands just 1 or 2 lines that get repeated the next day.Biden seems like he’s worried about breaking some nonexistent debate rules and Trump just doesn’t play by any rules at all.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The main reason that Trump defeated the Republicans he faced in debates was because they were scared to disagree with him. They (the establishment GOP candidates) faced some contradictions: they didn’t want to talk about immigration and trade issues because they knew that their views were different from the base. Jeb Bush and the others lost that battle back in 2013 when they favored the Gang of 8 immigration bill. 

Pretty spot on here.  That and 90% of them were completely cowardly and afraid of their own shadows (and donors).

My point was those debates had people jumping from the top ropes, these Democrat debates are pillow fights in comparison.  The main “attacks” against Biden last debate were that he doesn’t want woman to work outside the home, his Obama regime deported TOO MANY people and 70’s era bussing.  And he still laid a clunker of a performance.

14 minutes ago, The General said:

She answers when people are critical from what I have seen (it’s been pretty limited) but she does it in a way that is very off putting. She didn’t handle Tulsi giving her a few love taps in the debate well, she didn’t handle criticism of her evolving health plan well. 

These are just my observations who knows but she is dropping after her bussing garbage bounce she got. 

All she repeats is “I’m proud of my record”, she never even really refuted any of the accusations Tulsi made.  I watched the after debate interviews and she must have said that 10 times.  It was bizarre.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, The General said:

Right, that’s why I agreed with you that she is better asking questions from committee 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I don’t think anyone crushes Trump, his unorthodox style ties people up. Plus he could be “out debates” and lands just 1 or 2 lines that get repeated the next day.Biden seems like he’s worried about breaking some nonexistent debate rules and Trump just doesn’t play by any rules at all.

There is so much material to pin on Trump at this point I have to think any Dem is going to have trouble convincing 10% or so they are fighting to get or to motivate to vote that they are sick of his act.

Dem turn out will be yuge.

If the economy or stock market teeters even a bit people outside that 30% base he has are ready to dump this guy like a used Plymouth that is burning oil and needs a new transmission. 

5 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

:goodposting:

Good thing the Democrats have a 77yo white guy with more political baggage than a Kardashians closet to offer up.  This thing is already over.

Perhaps you wish to actually discuss the numbers? 2 people last night didn't like talking about what they actually were. 

Edited by sho nuff
12 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

All she repeats is “I’m proud of my record”, she never even really refuted any of the accusations Tulsi made.  I watched the after debate interviews and she must have said that 10 times.  It was bizarre.

After scoring all those points with the bussing #### she had to expect that was coming. Biden steered clear of it for the most part (although he  oddly went after Booker). Tulsi did all the heavy lifting for him on Kamala.

I knew about that pot and drug prosecution stuff and had read about her death penalty issue from just an article or two. I was really surprised she wasn’t ready with some quick one liners there.

Politicians are forced to make political moves all the time. They don’t get to do every decision in some vacuum. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boots11234 said:

I don’t think Biden will be the nominee. Too old, too much baggage, not enough juice left in the tank and sadly too white for the Democrats. Skin color is number one in importance.  

They don’t have Russia to run on as that has been proven to be a lie so all that’s left is RACISM!!!  Oh and free healthcare for illegals....just so out of touch with America its astonishing.  

Can you please provide a link or something about the free healthcare plans for illegals? Is there any co-pay? Can they get elective surgeries? Say, their kid has acne, can they get free amoxicillin?

I’m just wondering how it compare to the bc/bs plan I get through my wife’s work.

Thanks.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, identikit said:

I think so too.

Comes across very smug and ill-equipped to explain/defend her own plans/positions.

Not ready for prime time.

My wife who’s not into politics at all but votes every election (so she’s pretty much like the vast majority of the voting population) watched the second debate with me. She hated her. Thought her tone was like she was talking down to everyone and said she felt like she came across like an “aggressive prosecutor” (wife had no clue she actually was one).  

Policies aside she’s just flat out not likable.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, dozer said:

Can you please provide a link or something about the free healthcare plans for illegals? Is there any co-pay? Can they get elective surgeries? Say, their kid has acne, can they get free amoxicillin?

I’m just wondering how it compare to the bc/bs plan I get through my wife’s work.

Thanks.

Isn’t that part of the Dems platform open boarders and free health care for the illegals 

6 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

Isn’t that part of the Dems platform open boarders and free health care for the illegals 

I thought you were a Democrat.  Weren’t you at the last meeting?

• Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, joffer said:

I thought you were a Democrat.  Weren’t you at the last meeting?

I am do you have a problem with open boarders?  I rather spend money on free health care for illegals then build a wall.

6 hours ago, The General said:

He’s running against a obese guy wearing clown makeup who can’t spell more than a few words and has a 5th grade vocabulary. He should be fine.

Now this is kind of mean spirited 

1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

Well, I’ve heard that but it seems kind of wacky. I’d just like to read up on their action plan. Thanks in advance for the link!

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

In 2012 Mitt Romney won the first debate against Obama. Conventional wisdom is that he might have won the election but lost the the second debate (because Cindy Crowley was unfair to him.) 

i don’t believe it. If the 2012 election had taken place after the first debate, Romney still would have lost, because he wasn’t going to win Ohio. It might have been a little closer but not much. 

I agree with this.  I don’t think there is anything Trump could say in a debate that would move enough voters to significantly change numbers for him.     Both because he can’t debate on a substantive level to begin with, and most people who won’t vote for him today likely don’t believe anything he says. 

Biden?   If he lays a total egg or gets all progressive and scares people?  Some indies may hold their nose and vote for trump.   But I don’t think in any meaningful number.  

I don’t ont think the debates will matter at all. 

Edited by zoonation
6 minutes ago, zoonation said:

I agree with this.  I don’t think there is anything Trump could say in a debate that would move enough voters to significantly change numbers for him.     Both because he can’t debate on a substantive level to begin with, and most people who won’t vote for him today likely don’t believe anything he says. 

Biden?   If he lays a total egg or gets all progressive and scares people?  Some indies may hold their nose and vote for trump.   But I don’t think in any meaningful number.  

I don’t ont think the debates will matter at all. 

He didn’t debate Hilary either. He just threw out insults - which worked for people who were persuasive.

You guys are nuts. Trump won the third debate against Hillary. The one where he stocked her around the stage, it was masterful. It completly erased the dip in the poles after kittygate two days prior. Did it win him the election - everyone likes to point out how close the numbers were in Michigan and others?  Of course the debates matter.  

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You guys are nuts. Trump won the third debate against Hillary. The one where he stocked her around the stage, it was masterful. It completly erased the dip in the poles after kittygate two days prior. Did it win him the election - everyone likes to point out how close the numbers were in Michigan and others?  Of course the debates matter.  

She was on a podcast and had some interesting things to say about this - how as a woman she couldn't do #### about this and it was happening because she was a woman.   

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

She was on a podcast and had some interesting things to say about this - how as a woman she couldn't do #### about this and it was happening because she was a woman.   

I know.  He was disgusting.  Trump got blown out substantively in all three debates.   He’s a joke on actual policy.  Total joke.  

I mean the guy just tweeted out this morning that China was paying the US billions in tariffs.  It’s all total bull####.  But the base eats it up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

She was a victim the whole election cycle. Nothing was her fault.  

7 minutes ago, zoonation said:

I know.  He was disgusting.  Trump got blown out substantively in all three debates.   He’s a joke on actual policy.  Total joke.  

I mean the guy just tweeted out this morning that China was paying the US billions in tariffs.  It’s all total bull####.  But the base eats it up. 

Not true. How do you explain the correction in the polls after ##### gate?  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gopher State said:

Can't believe the number of times I have seen " borders" (when referring to Mexico) spelled incorrectly. Maybe they want the wall built with "boards?"

Edited by lazyike
  • Thinking 1
32 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Not true. How do you explain the correction in the polls after ##### gate?  

Because people don’t care.  That tape should have been immediately disqualifying.  But we live in a new era.  

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

This is a case in point? Oh yeah he won the debate because he stalked her. 

Yes if you care to pay attention debates should matter. Same guy who had no freakin clue what the nuclear triad is just this week cancelled the INF and twice said he’s contemplated nuking Afghanistan. His NSA was busted in part for doing side lobbying for a company running security side work for nuclear plants in Saudi Arabia. But heyyyy he totally leered at the former First Lady.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Because people don’t care.  That tape should have been immediately disqualifying.  But we live in a new era.  

That's not what the polls showed. They went down that Friday and back up right after the debate.  People cared in both cases. 

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place