What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

I tried to cut and paste from it but couldn’t, second to last paragraph. 
Sorry but the source I have isn’t divided into paragraphs. Is there a sentence or something you can simply recite? Because I honestly have no idea where you’re going here. 

Sorry but the source I have isn’t divided into paragraphs. Is there a sentence or something you can simply recite? Because I honestly have no idea where you’re going here. 
There was a link in other thread but looks like it’s deleted and probably wasn’t allowed. Unfortunately there are posters that follow me 24/7 trying to get me banned so not risking posting it. Just work from the end and look for Trump’s name, clearly states his opinions predate Trump and attempts to tie it to his rhetoric would be inaccurate. 

There was a link in other thread but looks like it’s deleted and probably wasn’t allowed. Unfortunately there are posters that follow me 24/7 trying to get me banned so not risking posting it. Just work from the end and look for Trump’s name, clearly states his opinions predate Trump and attempts to tie it to his rhetoric would be inaccurate. 
I can’t find that. But in any case we all know that this rhetoric predates Trump, which is part of the reason I don’t hold Trump responsible. 

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s very similar rhetoric and that Trump deserves criticism for spreading it. Do you agree with this or not? 

I believe at the end of the manifesto there was a blurb about the fake news trying to spin this as Trump's fault when it wasn't.  
The SOB was pro-Trump, that's obvious through his social media, but the argument can be made that his being pro-Trump didn't influence his actions or wasn't a motive for it.

That's as fair and right as one can get on this I think. It would help the Trump argument if Trump had not said inflammatory things about Hispanics.

The SOB was pro-Trump, that's obvious through his social media, but the argument can be made that his being pro-Trump didn't influence his actions or wasn't a motive for it.

That's as fair and right as one can get on this I think. It would help the Trump argument if Trump had not said inflammatory things about Hispanics.
Gotcha - so the other social media stuff that was taken down was leaning one way, but specifically in the manifesto he put in the blurb about not blaming Trump?

Gotcha - so the other social media stuff that was taken down was leaning one way, but specifically in the manifesto he put in the blurb about not blaming Trump?
Yes, that's what's probably going on here.

Also anyone referring to the manifesto should remember that manifestos are meant as political creeds to be propagated. The communist manifesto is the most obvious example. But that doesn't mean the killer was being honest or expiating himself psychologically in some way, the point is to influence people politically. This ******* is not a particularly smart guy either, if he didn't want people to believe he wasn't a Trump follower he shouldn't have used the term 'fake news' which is stock Trump-speak.

But again the argument is that just because he was pro-Trump that didn't make him a killer, or really anything else, and that's a fair point, but it would help to get the facts right.

Paraphrasing Mayor Pete:

We can't just social media our way out of a problem when rhetoric coming out of the white house is stoking hate.

No one should have access to a weapon that can shoot 35 people in under one minute.

We need political will, courage, common sense reform gun control. Democracy is not working when 90% of the people support something, but congress can get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paraphrasing Mayor Pete:

We can't just social media our way out of a problem when rhetoric coming out of the white house is stoking hate.

No one should have access to a weapon that can shoot 35 people in under one minute.

We need political will, courage, common sense reform gun control. Democracy is not working when 90% of the people support something, but congress can get it done.
Seems pretty reasonable.

Can Trump supporters  at least agree his rhetoric has to change?
I don't expect anyone to answer, but I hope when they hear language like 'invasion', 'infestation/infest', 'send them back', they just realize what is going on here.

If you hear terms like that, please speak up among your own community, your own fellow nationalists or Trump supporters if you hear this and reject it. It doesn't mean you have to sacrifice any decent beliefs about the border or immigration, but keep an ear to the ground. If the program you're watching is talking like this, turn it off or switch the channel. Just reject it. 

It’s obviously sad but interesting to watch as it was so obvious the left would use this for political points that he addressed it in the manifesto. I apologize for mucking up this thread, I know there are the usual suspects that pin everything on Trump and was interesting to get thoughts from some others in here but probably should have posted in the other thread.  Let’s take it there. 

Can Trump supporters  at least agree his rhetoric has to change?
Everyone's rhetoric needs to change.  Trump does.  Trump guys do.  The left BS with all the racist, sexist, etc.. attacks every time something happens to a minority, woman, etc...  These awful D candidates need to start selling their plans and ideals and stop with the "I'm not Trump" shtick that isn't going to convince anyone that already isn't brainwashed to join their side. 

All the awful zingers when something bad happens.... not one god dang person is going to change their minds on guns over smart ### classless comments like "More thoughts and prayers".  We aren't banning any guns or getting restrictions until the left dominates the government (and even then I'm skeptical) or until some negotiation occurs (come on left give the right something they want in exchange for gun restrictions if it's that important) or until money is out of politics which all we know is never going to happen because every single one of those guys in DC are paid off.

Some people want our president to dominate through the strength of character and through superior ideas and vision for America.

others prefer domination by physical intimidation tactics, bullying, name calling and insults.

How you “win” matters.  
At least Hillary can sleep well at night. 

Everyone's rhetoric needs to change.  Trump does.  Trump guys do.  The left BS with all the racist, sexist, etc.. attacks every time something happens to a minority, woman, etc...  These awful D candidates need to start selling their plans and ideals and stop with the "I'm not Trump" shtick that isn't going to convince anyone that already isn't brainwashed to join their side. 

All the awful zingers when something bad happens.... not one god dang person is going to change their minds on guns over smart ### classless comments like "More thoughts and prayers".  We aren't banning any guns or getting restrictions until the left dominates the government (and even then I'm skeptical) or until some negotiation occurs (come on left give the right something they want in exchange for gun restrictions if it's that important) or until money is out of politics which all we know is never going to happen because every single one of those guys in DC are paid off.
You are dead on and the bolded is a very good point. If the left is serious about a solution and not just scoring political points stop fighting “the wall” just cause it means Trump didn’t deliver on a promise. It’s happening anyways and a focus on border security is a good thing.....work together on that (toned down from original wall) and come to a compromise on guns. Makes too much sense so will never happen. 

PM me a link? I learn a lot by reading these things. I dont understand why they are taboo. 

It was a make-up call. Daulton had been crying all day about the suspension he just got off of. 
Amazing how quick he can get someone suspended with the way he acts in here. It’s been a free for all in his thread and  :tumbleweed:  as far as reigning it in until that. He’s a good one to ignore, never used the function before but time to figure out I guess. 

My ideology has not changed for several years. My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest 
predate Trump and his campaign for president. I putting this here because some people will blame the 
President or certain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I know that the media 
will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous 
for fake news. Their reaction to this attack will likely just confirm that.

My ideology has not changed for several years. My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest 
predate Trump and his campaign for president. I putting this here because some people will blame the 
President or certain presidential candidates for the attack.
Do you guys not see the problem in the logic here?

Trump did not create this ideology in the killer. White supremacism goes back at least to the 1700s. But this guy was a Trump supporter. That doesn’t mean Trump or Trump supporters are bad. Everyone I see here are good decent people and I know I’d feel good calling on you all and vouching for you in a pinch. Your decency comes through this board. But there’s no need to suggest this guy isn’t a Trump supporter when it was clear from his social media. That’s probably why he felt the need to go out of his way to make this point in this overall disgusting credo.

GoBirds finds this funny; not sure why.
Just what we would expect you to say. 

I cant to pretend to get into this guys head, just find it interesting that if the manifesto praised Trump people would blame Trump and with a manifesto that clearly states that Trump had no impact the same people still blame Trump for this crazy persons actions. Just proof many are obsessed with blaming Trump no matter what. 

You are dead on and the bolded is a very good point. If the left is serious about a solution and not just scoring political points stop fighting “the wall” just cause it means Trump didn’t deliver on a promise. It’s happening anyways and a focus on border security is a good thing.....work together on that (toned down from original wall) and come to a compromise on guns. Makes too much sense so will never happen. 
BS...and IMO this is pretty disgusting to suggest give up on opposing the wall to get somewhere in safety and gun control.

There should be a compromise on guns for the good of the nation. And should not be conflated with the ridiculous wall.

Started a post with BS is disrespectful and uncalled for and exactly why I've respectfully asked you not to follow me around. I appreciate your cooperation. 
How don't care if you felt disrespected by it.  I clearly explained why I felt it was.

And nobody is following you around.

BS...and IMO this is pretty disgusting to suggest give up on opposing the wall to get somewhere in safety and gun control.

There should be a compromise on guns for the good of the nation. And should not be conflated with the ridiculous wall.
As I posted earlier, politics are about compromise.  No one is changing sides or opinions when people do what you just did here calling someone's opinion disgusting.  There's plenty the right can use the same tactic and call the left disgusting like abortion, for example.  All that does is make everyone tune the rest of you out and assume you're full of nonsense.  Everyone doesn't see the world the same.  If one side is serious about gun control then offer the right something they want (wall or something else) to get there.  If you were in charge, what are you willing to negotiate with to get there?  Find a real solution that will work instead of more insults, more division, more deaths, and more nonsense.

How don't care if you felt disrespected by it.  I clearly explained why I felt it was.

And nobody is following you around.
That's the problem.  And no one cares what you think is BS either.  It's the same old back and forth here like it is the real world.  Just a giant waste of time repeating the same stupid crap over and over and over.   Because everyone wants to claim some moral high ground and "win".   Who's winning?

Users who are viewing this thread