What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

I think you are looking for something to point fingers over that doesn’t do squat if it does get passed. I’m fine with banning assault rifles but honestly that won’t stop these either. I think @Ramblin Wreck makes a good point that if Dems are serious about it come together and make some kind of deal that gives both sides something they want. It’s DC and politicians are worthless, if something is going to get done both sides need a way to save face. We can sit here on our moral high horse all day yelling what should happen but he makes a good point on what it will probably take. 
Democrats aren’t serious about this though and never have been.  Why didn’t they do anything about it during the Obama years when they had a majority in the House and Senate for 2 years?

Which of these attacks would be stopped by these cupcake bills? The extra 7 days wait going to cause a wacko to lose interest? 
again, i'm not debating you on that.  the conversation was about give and take and having votes and someone pointed out that mitch won't even allow them to come to the floor.

just allow the vote

I think you are looking for something to point fingers over that doesn’t do squat if it does get passed. I’m fine with banning assault rifles but honestly that won’t stop these either. I think @Ramblin Wreck makes a good point that if Dems are serious about it come together and make some kind of deal that gives both sides something they want. It’s DC and politicians are worthless, if something is going to get done both sides need a way to save face. We can sit here on our moral high horse all day yelling what should happen but he makes a good point on what it will probably take. 
What has Mitch asked for in return? How is increasing a background check from 3 to 10 some kind of contentious thing that can’t possibly happen? 

If they won’t give in on that you think they are going to somehow agree on anything substantial.

You can blame Dems for trying to take guns away (Trump does his at his pep rallies) or ban them or whatever but you at the same time can’t say they are the reason that Mitch won’t even allow bills that were passed to be voted on (Trump indicated he would veto these by the way).

On vacation but figured I’d check in on this thread hoping people were not so depraved that they would use these tragic shootings by lone wolf lunatics to score political points on our President.  

What has Mitch asked for in return? How is increasing a background check from 3 to 10 some kind of contentious thing that can’t possibly happen? 

If they won’t give in on that you think they are going to somehow agree on anything substantial.

You can blame Dems for trying to take guns away (Trump does his at his pep rallies) or ban them or whatever but you at the same time can’t say they are the reason that Mitch won’t even allow bills that were passed to be voted on (Trump indicated he would veto these by the way).
Sure, go ahead with them and blame Mitch all you want but after reading the bills you posted if you think they are going to save a single life or keep this conversation from happening many more times I think you are riled up over something that won’t move the needle. 

Sure, go ahead with them and blame Mitch all you want but after reading the bills you posted if you think they are going to save a single life or keep this conversation from happening many more times I think you are riled up over something that won’t move the needle. 
It always seems that when it comes to guns and to the enivronment repubs tend to believe in absolutism.  If the bill isn't absolutely perfect there is no point in doing anything.  

It's politics.  everything is trial and error, everything is incremental

Yes, I’ll blame Mitch and the WH for not passing these bills. Yes they do seem like the weakest of  steps to take.

If Mitch and WH won’t agree on these seemingly trivial things how again is this a problem for Democrats in Congress?

So you haven't even read the killer's own words before forming your opinion on what his influencers were?  No offense but your option isn't holding much weight. 
I guess you haven't followed our President over the past couple years and the garbage that many of his followers are lapping up?

Yes, I’ll blame Mitch and the WH for not passing these bills. Yes they do seem like the weakest of  steps to take.

If Mitch and WH won’t agree on these seemingly trivial things how again is this a problem for Democrats in Congress?
Dems would rather score political points and ignore things like border security just so they can say Trump didn’t deliver on “the wall”. It’s childish on both sides and probably won’t change. That would be a perfect compromise for the better of the country but Dems would rather claim they stopped the wall......that is being built anyway. 

I guess you haven't followed our President over the past couple years and the garbage that many of his followers are lapping up?
Yes, have you looked into the details of this specific incident?   Because you have a bunch of things wrong about it. 

Dems would rather score political points and ignore things like border security just so they can say Trump didn’t deliver on “the wall”. It’s childish on both sides and probably won’t change. That would be a perfect compromise for the better of the country but Dems would rather claim they stopped the wall......that is being built anyway. 
So much that they offered more for border security than Trump is taking from other budgets?  In a compromise for DACA and keeping the government open?  And Trump said no...and later got much less.

I am saddened but not surprised that the trump crew I. Here don’t recognize that he is, at minimum, part of the problem.  His rhetoric is divisive.  He has called the immigration issue an invasion several times and it is willful ignorance to suggest that the El Paso shooter wasn’t motivated in part by Trump’s rhetoric.  He spelled out trump in fire arms for Christ’s  sake.  

At minimum they just concede that he is not part of the solution, does nothing to bring the country together, and is failing in that regard as president.  

I don’t how it can be denied, to be honest. 

Yes, have you looked into the details of this specific incident?   Because you have a bunch of things wrong about it. 
Yes, and I already know what you're going to say...

You're going to mention where the shooter says something like “My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president,”

Right?

Bunch of BS.

Yep, tribal politics have taken over.   Here and in DC.   Neither side gives a crap about the other one and the rest of us pay for it.  But people will continue to get shot up and those of us fortunate enough not to will repeat the same old tired arguments over and over.   And no one ever changes their opinion.   Yay tribal politics

Why don’t we remove any side issues to focus on this one (although I would say that the Dems offering 25 Bil for the wall in exchange for DACA is an example of the compromise you are asking for).

You think the Dems are the problem with gun control laws being passed?

The House passed the lamest of things that are somehow not already in place passed and the WH and Mitch won’t vote.

How is this a Congress problem and not a Mitch / WH problem?

also Bernies reaction to that guy?

"I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," Sanders said. "I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be: Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs against our most deeply held American values."

Where is Trump's version of this condemnation?

Why don’t we remove any side issues to focus on this one (although I would say that the Dems offering 25 Bil for the wall in exchange for DACA is an example of the compromise you are asking for).

You think the Dems are the problem with gun control laws being passed?

The House passed the lamest of things that are somehow not already in place passed and the WH and Mitch won’t vote.

How is this a Congress problem and not a Mitch / WH problem?
The bolded should make this even easier, they can give up a fraction of the previous amount in a compromise but still don’t? What’s to lose....a win/win less guns on the street and safer borders. Oh but Trump didn’t deliver on the wall....until he did without them anyway.

I didn’t say the Dems are the sole problem but they definitely aren’t the solution. It’s all the same BS in DC and it’s a shame because there are deals that make sense.  

Yep, tribal politics have taken over.   Here and in DC.   Neither side gives a crap about the other one and the rest of us pay for it.  But people will continue to get shot up and those of us fortunate enough not to will repeat the same old tired arguments over and over.   And no one ever changes their opinion.   Yay tribal politics
This is so true.  I don’t know what it will take.  I’d say leadership, but I’m not even sure that would make a difference.  It is so sad.  

Yes, and I already know what you're going to say...

You're going to mention where the shooter says something like “My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president,”

Right?

Bunch of BS.
I didn't say it. The shooter said it. What's his motivation for being dishonest?  What's more likely a) this guy has had long deep rooted race issues or b) Trumps tweets turned this guy into a Nazi?  

I didn't say it. The shooter said it. What's his motivation for being dishonest?  What's more likely a) this guy has had long deep rooted race issues or b) Trumps tweets turned this guy into a Nazi?  
Do you think Trump has done anything to combat this problem?   Has he been neutral?  Or would you say that his “leadership” has emboldened these lunatics?

The bolded should make this even easier, they can give up a fraction of the previous amount in a compromise but still don’t? What’s to lose....a win/win less guns on the street and safer borders. Oh but Trump didn’t deliver on the wall....until he did without them anyway.

I didn’t say the Dems are the sole problem but they definitely aren’t the solution. It’s all the same BS in DC and it’s a shame because there are deals that make sense.  
The wall stuff Dems did negotiate a deal that I thought gave Trump a big win. How much they played politics there on is definitely a debate. 

But getting gun laws passed is all on the Republicans.

I thought they wore this like a badge of honor or something. They brag about their NRA rating. Trump uses it in pep rallies. It’s their thing.

It’s crazy that this is being lumped in as some example of why DC doesn’t work. This is a one sided problem.

The wall stuff Dems did negotiate a deal that I thought gave Trump a big win. How much they played politics there on is definitely a debate. 

But getting gun laws passed is all on the Republicans.

I thought they wore this like a badge of honor or something. They brag about their NRA rating. Trump uses it in pep rallies. It’s their thing.

It’s crazy that this is being lumped in as some example of why DC doesn’t work. This is a one sided problem.
I think we are wasting time, your “solution” isn’t saving any lives and if you think anything happens without compromise you are more optimistic than I am. Good luck. 

I think we are wasting time, your “solution” isn’t saving any lives and if you think anything happens without compromise you are more optimistic than I am. Good luck. 
Bills get passed and votes on all the time without some quid pro quo.  And wven politicizing it to ask for some wall compromise would be disgusting...so i hope the GOP pulls that asking for something and it gets exposed

The whole point I am making is what compromise do you think Republicans are giving on this issue?

The whole point I am making is what compromise do you think Republicans are giving on this issue?
Honestly I would want it to be something more aggressive banning some of these weapons but I don’t know that it makes a difference really. Even if they can’t get these guns legally what stops them when so many are out there. Still I think it’s at the point more aggressive moves need to be made as who really needs a machine gun?

Honestly I would want it to be something more aggressive banning some of these weapons but I don’t know that it makes a difference really. Even if they can’t get these guns legally what stops them when so many are out there. Still I think it’s at the point more aggressive moves need to be made as who really needs a machine gun?
Dems in Congress would gladly pass any of these things you mentioned.

The NRA runs the GOP in Washington.  You can argue gun law reform wouldn’t make a difference, but the reason it isn’t being tried (which is bananas) is because of the NRA.  

“Going to be a tough week Mitch, hang in there, it will pass.”   

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately they don’t compromise or ever look to work together. So round and round we go.  
Birds - I don’t understand. I’m not trying to be a #### here. 

The republicans won’t pass a simple 10 day check because it is too extreme. Where is the compromise on this issue? 

The NRA runs the GOP in Washington.  You can argue gun law reform wouldn’t make a difference, but the reason it isn’t being tried (which is bananas) is because of the NRA.  

“Going to be a tough week Mitch, hang in there, it will pass.”   
They go on like a month vacation.

This seems bad.

Former FBI agent: “There’s some reluctance among agents to bring forth an investigation that targets what the president perceives as his base. It’s a no-win situation for the FBI agent or supervisor.”

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/national-security/fbi-faces-skepticism-over-its-anti-domestic-terror-efforts/2019/08/04/c9c928bc-b6e0-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html?outputType=amp#click=https://t.co/p5oX0LJbKF
The FBI needs to do their jib and not worry about that bs.

Birds - I don’t understand. I’m not trying to be a #### here. 

The republicans won’t pass a simple 10 day check because it is too extreme. Where is the compromise on this issue? 
If you truly think this is all on one side and “your side” is right here we aren’t finding a common ground and need to let this one go. 

If you truly think this is all on one side and “your side” is right here we aren’t finding a common ground and need to let this one go. 
If you want one of the steps to address this to be federal laws then this is one sides problem. Republicans aren’t going  to pass anything.

Maybe they have proposed all kinds of things and I just haven’t heard about them.

If you want one of the steps to address this to be federal laws then this is one sides problem. Republicans aren’t going  to pass anything.

Maybe they have proposed all kinds of things and I just haven’t heard about them.
If you typed the bolded with a straight face I’d be amazed. Sure do everything you can to stand in the way of border security and obstruct in every way possible but it’s those bad republicans that don’t compromise. You are fighting an empty battle over a bill that is something for liberals to talk about like they did something  with absolutely no substance......let’s get some sleep. 

If you typed the bolded with a straight face I’d be amazed. Sure do everything you can to stand in the way of border security and obstruct in every way possible but it’s those bad republicans that don’t compromise. You are fighting an empty battle over a bill that is something for liberals to talk about like they did something  with absolutely no substance......let’s get some sleep. 
I’m on the west coast, it’s only 8:15 :lol:

Just talking about Congress and gun laws. There is no compromise I’m aware - ex: weak ### 10 day background check is too extreme to be passed.

I only jumped in here because of a comment about DC not getting anything done in this regard. This seems to be wholly on Mitch and the WH. 

There are a ton of bills sitting that McConnell wont address.  This has been brought up before...and every time the Trump supporters in this thread ignore it.

The left isn't obstructing...the GOP is and its clear to everyone.

Dems aren't afraid of border security...they have offered it over and over to Trump but mot the wall.

I’m on the west coast, it’s only 8:15 :lol:

Just talking about Congress and gun laws. There is no compromise I’m aware - ex: weak ### 10 day background check is too extreme to be passed.

I only jumped in here because of a comment about DC not getting anything done in this regard. This seems to be wholly on Mitch and the WH. 
You have a 3 hour lead on me, I give. It’s just frustrating all around that deals that make sense can’t be made. 

Also please ask Sho to stop chasing me around.....see if you can keep him busy.  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread