What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (19 Viewers)

I can't wait till the next generation fixes the trash this crop of corrupt politicians have created. These idiots in office don't care about people.

I’m on the west coast, it’s only 8:15 :lol:

Just talking about Congress and gun laws. There is no compromise I’m aware - ex: weak ### 10 day background check is too extreme to be passed.

I only jumped in here because of a comment about DC not getting anything done in this regard. This seems to be wholly on Mitch and the WH. 
It’s undeniable.  

It may not work.  This crazy #### may still happen.  But making it more difficult to get a weapon and limiting the types of weapons civilians can buy along with the amount of ammunition they can fire should be a no brainer.  Absolute no brainer.  

The fact that the White House (which has done absolutely nothing in response to this epidemic) and McConnell will not even take up a vote tells you everything you need to know.  The GOP is owned by the gun lobby.  Undeniable.  

I have a feeling that Donald is going to do something big about the gun issue. Just a hunch, just a feeling.
He better talk to his republican friends in congress and senate to do something big or he's done in 2020.   People are sick of this crap and there is only one party that has been stonewalling gun control and whether you agree or not, are going to hold the President accountable.

Of course if he does that then he risks pissing off his base and the NRA.  

Because politics are about negotiation and give and take.  The right believes people murder people not guns and there isn't a gun problem.  They also get a crap ton of money from the NRA (yeah yeah I know the Dems never take money from outside interests).  So the left is never going to shame the right into doing what they want done.  And by the way, I'm as anti-gun as anyone on this board and if I were king for a day I'd ban them all.  But this isn't about me or you.   You gotta give something to get something.  To save the kids, right?   
His tweet puts it out there this morning, tying gun reform to immigration reform and tackling together. Makes too much sense, can the Left handle giving in to something he wants? :popcorn:

Trump blames the media.  Of course.  He’s hopeless.  

The odds of him condemning white nationalism hate crimes later this morning are slim and none.  Get ready for some more divisive rhetoric.   He’s an abject failure as a leader.  

Trump this morning: Need "strong: background checks". One of his 7 or 8 words he uses for everything.

There is a background check bill that has passed the House. Ready to go in the Senate. Nothing more needs to been worked on, It is already done.

Mitch refuses to vote on it.

His tweet puts it out there this morning, tying gun reform to immigration reform and tackling together. Makes too much sense, can the Left handle giving in to something he wants? :popcorn:
Gonna go ahead and break my promise not to post in this particular thread- and end my FFA recess- and point out that Trump's idea of immigration reform is the same as the El Paso shooter's idea of immigration reform. So he is willing to consider gun reform if we not only "give in to something he wants," but if in doing so we also let the terrorists win. Literally. He offered no specifics in the tweet, but based on what his administration has proposed under the guise of "immigration reform" previously, the stuff he wants is pretty much exactly what the El Paso shooter and his predecessors and inevitable successors are seeking.

That's not why I wanted to post though. I wanted to post to say that you don't have to be a part of this. And I mean any of this- not just the part where politicians roll over to white nationalist mass murderers and use common sense gun control measures as a bargaining chip instead of passing common sense gun control simply because it's common sense. You also don't have to support a president who hides on a golf course and behind a twitter account when his country needs leadership and empathy. You don't have to support a president who craps on his own cities and his own people for cheap political gain. You don't have to be part of a political movement that history will view the way we currently view anti-abolitionists, segregationists and Nixon supporters.

Despite all the bile directed my way and all the resignation we hear elsewhere, there are very few posters here I consider too far gone to reverse course and be part of the solution. Everyone else has a chance to fulfill the promise they made on their hats and hashtags to really, genuinely make America great again. By that I mean the America that welcomed many of our grandparents by the millions, including mine, even though they were mostly poor and from a different culture and in many cases practiced non-Christian religions and spoke non-English languages.

I'm not asking you to vote for an empty suit like Joe Biden, or to compromise your pre-Trump conservative principles and vote for someone like Liz Warren or Bernie Sanders. I'm just asking you to consider leaving that part of the ballot blank, and saving your donations for local races and candidates who don't support the sort of xenophobia that motivated the El Paso shooter and his ideological peers. My grandfather (and perhaps yours) who came to this country with nothing and faced xenophobia eerily similar to our current rhetoric and who risked his life fighting fascism in WWII would thank you. My grandchildren (and perhaps yours) who will inherit whatever country and planet we leave behind will thank you too. Virtually all of humanity will thank you, frankly.

I know that doing this will take a lot more courage, strength of character and honest self-reflection than what I will have to muster when I go to the polls next November. I get that, really. And I know this message may fall on deaf ears or even be ridiculed. But I had to give it a shot.

Anyway, my best to you all in the coming year. It's not gonna be fun for any of us on either side who love this country, and I think it will be better for me if I'm not around this place too often. I'm always available via PM if anyone wants to talk to me about something, or is visiting DC and wants advice, or just wants to hear me rant about the Washington Wizards for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna go ahead and break my promise not to post in this particular thread- and end my FFA recess- and point out that Trump's idea of immigration reform is the same as the El Paso shooter's idea of immigration reform. So he is willing to consider gun reform if we not only "give in to something he wants," but if in doing so we also let the terrorists win. Literally. He offered no specifics in the tweet, but based on what his administration has proposed under the guise of "immigration reform" previously, the stuff he wants is pretty much exactly what the El Paso shooter and his predecessors and inevitable successors are seeking.

That's not why I wanted to post though. I wanted to post to say that you don't have to be a part of this. And I mean any of this- not just the part where politicians roll over to white nationalist mass murderers and use common sense gun control measures as a bargaining chip instead of passing common sense gun control simply because it's common sense. You also don't have to support a president who hides on a golf course and behind a twitter account when his country needs leadership and empathy. You don't have to support a president who craps on his own cities and his own people for cheap political gain. You don't have to be part of a political movement that history will view the way we currently view anti-abolitionists, segregationists and Nixon supporters.

Despite all the bile directed my way and all the resignation we hear elsewhere, there are very few posters here I consider too far gone to reverse course and be part of the solution. Everyone else has a chance to fulfill the promise they made on their hats and hashtags to really, genuinely make America great again. By that I mean the America that welcomed many of our grandparents by the millions, including mine, even though they were mostly poor and from a different culture and in many cases practiced non-Christian religions and spoke non-English languages.

I'm not asking you to vote for an empty suit like Joe Biden, or to compromise your pre-Trump conservative principles and vote for someone like Liz Warren or Bernie Sanders. I'm just asking you to consider leaving that part of the ballot blank, and saving your donations for local races and candidates who don't support the sort of xenophobia that motivated the El Paso shooter and his ideological peers. My grandfather (and perhaps yours) who came to this country with nothing and faced xenophobia eerily similar to our current risked his life fighting fascism in WWII would thank you. My grandchildren (and perhaps yours) who will inherit whatever country and planet we leave behind will thank you too. Virtually all of humanity will thank you, frankly.

I know that doing this will take a lot more courage, strength of character and honest self-reflection than what I will have to muster when I go to the polls next November. I get that, really. And I know this message may fall on deaf ears or even be ridiculed. But I had to give it a shot.

Anyway, my best to you all in the coming year. It's not gonna be fun for any of us on either side who love this country, and I think it will be better for me if I'm not around this place too often. I'm always available via PM if anyone wants to talk to me about something, or is visiting DC and wants advice, or just wants to hear me rant about the Washington Wizards for some reason.
This...so very much this.

Acting as if its an honest thing for him to attempt this is ludicrous.

Ohio shooter had made a list in high school of all the girls he wanted to rape, and kill.  One of his classmates said:

There was an incident in high school with this shooter that should have prevented him from ever getting his hands on a weapon. This was a tragedy that was 100% avoidable
Of course being charge as a juvenile would have the records sealed and not kept him from owning a gun as an adult.  Maybe people should be outraged with addressing metal heath and warning signs for being violent early on.

Oh, who am I kidding, Trump got the city wrong!!!!!!!!!  Outrage!!!

Ohio shooter had made a list in high school of all the girls he wanted to rape, and kill.  One of his classmates said:

Of course being charge as a juvenile would have the records sealed and not kept him from owning a gun as an adult.  Maybe people should be outraged with addressing metal heath and warning signs for being violent early on.

Oh, who am I kidding, Trump go the city wrong!!!!!!!!!  Outrage!!!
People can be outraged by both.

Oh, who am I kidding, Trump got the city wrong!!!!!!!!!  Outrage!!!

It will drive you mad.

What’s wrong with you? Americans died and they’re grieving and he’s their president.
Dude made a list of people he wanted to rape, skin alive and murder that predates Trump and you're asking me what's wrong when I suggest we focus on mental health and violence instead of Trump quoting the city correctly?

Dude made a list of people he wanted to rape, skin alive and murder that predates Trump and you're asking me what's wrong when I suggest we focus on mental health and violence instead of Trump.
Yeah that’s right, I’m demanding leadership and decency from the man at the pinnacle of addressing the things we care about.

The neverending whining and crying about trump in the 500 trump & non trump threads is truly comical. The same childish foot stomping and the regurgitated racist racist racist bigot bigot bigot stuff is really tired. 

Amazing. I’m just asking people who regularly defend and support the President to acknowledge they give 2 ####s about this man’s callousness and incompetence on a message board. That’s minimum effort.
Link to me defending him?

That's twice today you guys have pulled that crap.

Users who are viewing this thread