What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

I think that that the way Warren has handled this -- e.g., refusing to acknowledge recently-unearthed documents which tend to disprove key elements of her family's folklore -- shows a lack of leadership. If she would have just said "Hey, my grandparents gave me bad info" back in 2012, we wouldn't even be talking about the subject right now.

However, I do think it's bizarre and funny that Trump supporters keep trying to pin her with labels that are right in Trump's wheelhouse -- liar, narcissist, arrogant, exaggerated ancestry, exploits loopholes for career advancement, etc. Plus, Trump has his own "Pocahontas Problem" on the Women For Trump PAC. It's just funny how Trump and Warren have more similarities than Trump supporters would like to admit.
I do agree taking it to the level of 'proving it' was a mistake. 
The DNA test itself was not the problem; the problem (IMO) was that she acted like she had been vindicated, when at best the test showed that her grandparents were at least one generation off with their claims.

And it all could have been a nothingburger if she would have just shown a little humility.

I’m sorry free speech doesn’t work like that. Trump 2020, and what we think. In fact there’s a thread for positive trump stories as well, go there for nice things.  I know you’re an acolyte that won’t speak ill of Trump. I think he’s despicable. There’s 3 people that just talk to each other while passive aggressively complaining about whatever posters they disagree with. They post misleading fake news, then double down. You’re what’s wrong with America, in my opinion. Spinning every fact in your favor and boldly defending your bad math. 
This place isn't known as a bastion for free speech. 

Just got back from Europe! 

All weekend long the news abroad was that the USA seems to be headed into a recession and that will kill Trump’s re-election chances. I sort of disagree, since I believe the odds were heavily against him even with a good economy. 

But if it turns out to be true it’s pretty ironic, since while Trump’s tax and regulation policies contributed to the good economy, it wasn’t the main source of it, and while Trump’s trade policies will have contributed to an economic downturn should we have one, it won’t be the main source either. 

Just got back from Europe! 

All weekend long the news abroad was that the USA seems to be headed into a recession and that will kill Trump’s re-election chances. I sort of disagree, since I believe the odds were heavily against him even with a good economy. 

But if it turns out to be true it’s pretty ironic, since while Trump’s tax and regulation policies contributed to the good economy, it wasn’t the main source of it, and while Trump’s trade policies will have contributed to an economic downturn should we have one, it won’t be the main source either. 
First of all welcome back!  Second of all, wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
All weekend long the news abroad was that the USA seems to be headed into a recession and that will kill Trump’s re-election chances. I sort of disagree, since I believe the odds were heavily against him even with a good economy
It’s 3rd part of the media’s 3 Rs

RUSSIA,RACISM & RECESSION

Elizabeth Warren just drew a much bigger crowd in her Minneapolis Town Hall than Trump had at his last pep rally. Someone isn't going to have a good day on Twitter.

Reminder that Trump's projections for 3+% growth were predicated on short term rates of 2.7% and long term rates of 3.2%.  We're well under both currently as he blames anyone but himself the Fed for the failure of his policies.

Reminder #2 (as Trump's cronies plan a payroll tax cut) that Republicans and the Tea Party protested against fiscal stimulus in 2010, when the unemployment rate was twice as high as it was today.  Because they're fiscally responsible! 

Reminder that Trump's projections for 3+% growth were predicated on short term rates of 2.7% and long term rates of 3.2%.  We're well under both currently as he blames anyone but himself the Fed for the failure of his policies.

Reminder #2 (as Trump's cronies plan a payroll tax cut) that Republicans and the Tea Party protested against fiscal stimulus in 2010, when the unemployment rate was twice as high as it was today.  Because they're fiscally responsible! 
Greatest economy in history!

The Squad are doing their best to help Trump in 2020.  
https://www.yahoo.com/news/reps-omar-tlaib-call-end-204357859.html
Hard to imagine anything more humiliating to the USA than having its officials blocked from traveling abroad, even our adversaries don't do that (Rand Paul just went to Russia for instance), but it's just plain weird that an American president would take an action in supposed defense of another nation's wishes over America's prestige when that nation did not even want to take that action in the first place. - As usual the point is just to show a picture of Omar and Tlaib and let the rest take care of itself.

The Fox headline about Omar and Tlaib supposedly calling for an end to the occupation is similarly weird, they didn't do that, the press conference was about the fact finding trip.

The Squad are doing their best to help Trump in 2020.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reps-omar-tlaib-call-end-204357859.html
You know what disturbs me the most about that article? That Yahoo, repeating Fox News would put the word occupation in quotation marks. 

Since 1967, it’s been accepted by the majority of Israelis, along with most of the American public and every US President until this one, that the territories of Gaza and the West Bank, seized in the 6 Day War, ARE indeed occupied territories, not owned by Israel, and eventually to be released to the Palestinian people as central to any peace agreement. Only an extremist minority on the Israeli right believe otherwise: that these territories are part of a “greater Israel” as determined in the Old Testament. 

Its very disconcerting to see Americans starting to buy into this scary argument, which will guarantee further decades of bloodshed that will probably culminate in either mass genocide of the Palestinian people or the destruction of Israel, take your pick. 

They are the face of the Democratic party. Even though you know 99% of Democrats can't vote for or against them.
For months, people in the AOC thread kept telling themselves that Republicans were afraid of the squad, obsessed with the squad, etc.  As I predicted, those same folks are now starting to realize that it was always in the Republicans' interests to have them front and center.  If you're a Democrat, you want Steve King in front of every camera he can find.  If you're Trump, you want Rashida Tlaib on television.  Running against the fringe elements of the other side has always been an attractive strategy, and it's easier to pull off these days with the combination of lack of party discipline and easy access to social media.

For months, people in the AOC thread kept telling themselves that Republicans were afraid of the squad, obsessed with the squad, etc.  As I predicted, those same folks are now starting to realize that it was always in the Republicans' interests to have them front and center.  If you're a Democrat, you want Steve King in front of every camera he can find.  If you're Trump, you want Rashida Tlaib on television.  Running against the fringe elements of the other side has always been an attractive strategy, and it's easier to pull off these days with the combination of lack of party discipline and easy access to social media.
As I've been saying all along, it's a dangerous strategy for Republicans.  AOC is much more popular and telegenic than Steve King.  Republicans might wake up to find that relentlessly promoting AOC and her ideas blew up in their faces.

All of this is true but it’s important to add that’s it’s not just an attractive strategy; the people that offer it truly believe it. 

Take @knowledge dropper here. In my judgment, he’s not being cynical when he suggests that Tlaib is representative of liberals; he thinks it’s true. 

As I've been saying all along, it's a dangerous strategy for Republicans.  AOC is much more popular and telegenic than Steve King.  Republicans might wake up to find that relentlessly promoting AOC and her ideas blew up in their faces.
You’re suggesting that AOC is cuter than Steve King? 

I dunno that’s a tough one..

Maybe. But I'm don't think 80% of the voting public even thinks cares one way or the other about the squad 95% of the time. They get almost zero play where I live.

knowledge dropper said:
Our beloved President is touting that polling shows support from a majority of Americans.   :tebow:

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

8/19/19, 2:40 PM

THANK YOU! #MAGA pic.twitter.com/hFkXxB18Ra
Meanwhile, his Rasmussen numbers just dropped again. Approval Rating (44%) and Approval Index (-14) are at their lowest points since February, and "Strongly Approve" (30%) is at its lowest point since March 2018.

Maybe. But I'm don't think 80% of the voting public even thinks cares one way or the other about the squad 95% of the time. They get almost zero play where I live.
Does the average person care or even know about "the squad?"  I don't really see why they are so important to some.

Who’s Steve King?  The guy that wrote Pet Cemetery.  I thought he was anti Trump. 

Does the average person care or even know about "the squad?"  I don't really see why they are so important to some.
In theory, they shouldn't be.  Nancy Pelosi rightly pointed out that they're four votes, less than 1% of the House.  But as others have noted, Fox News viewers can't get enough of them,  Trump wants to run against them, and Pelosi would prefer that they sit down and shut up.

All of this is true but it’s important to add that’s it’s not just an attractive strategy; the people that offer it truly believe it. 

Take @knowledge dropper here. In my judgment, he’s not being cynical when he suggests that Tlaib is representative of liberals; he thinks it’s true. 
:shrug:

She seems to have a lot of press conferences and doesn’t appear to get rebuked.  

Silence is consent.  

Sounds like the Republicans do a much better job marginalizing his views.  I know nothing about him.  
I don't know much at all about the squad either.  I don't know why they matter so much.  King is just a racist republican from Iowa, that's the majority of my knowledge.  I don't think he matters that much either.

Who’s Steve King?
"Congressman Steve King. Great guy, great guy. I even liked him when he was endorsing Ted. He was endorsing Ted and I still liked him." (link)

Trump was an early Steve King fan, appearing with him at a 2014 private fundraiser.

I don't know much at all about the squad either.  I don't know why they matter so much.  King is just a racist republican from Iowa, that's the majority of my knowledge.  I don't think he matters that much either.
Exactly other the a few house members in position of power most people don't know or care about repersentives that aren't theirs.

You know what disturbs me the most about that article? That Yahoo, repeating Fox News would put the word occupation in quotation marks. 

Since 1967, it’s been accepted by the majority of Israelis, along with most of the American public and every US President until this one, that the territories of Gaza and the West Bank, seized in the 6 Day War, ARE indeed occupied territories, not owned by Israel, and eventually to be released to the Palestinian people as central to any peace agreement. Only an extremist minority on the Israeli right believe otherwise: that these territories are part of a “greater Israel” as determined in the Old Testament. 

Its very disconcerting to see Americans starting to buy into this scary argument, which will guarantee further decades of bloodshed that will probably culminate in either mass genocide of the Palestinian people or the destruction of Israel, take your pick. 
I don't think Trump fans care about this, just as they don't generally care about policy. It's an anti-policy, anti-expert movement. The lack of policy, the lack of knowledge on Trump's part is the point.

Just as an example - did anyone in the conservative or evangelical right really care about the Jerusalem embassy issue? Maybe it was on the checklist of Aipac folks? It reminds me of Trump seizing on the Nato spending requirements. When asked about some policy or issue Trump knows nothing about he'll seize upon some minutiae that he tries to make his own, even if it's taken from and benefits an adversary. It's cover but also insanely divisive. And Trump supporters don't really care about the policies or the reasons for why or when or how it arises. And it's not about the not caring, it's about the rejection of the policy discussions that go with it.

As an another example, what happened to Sonny Kushner's mideast peace plan? It's a year late at least? It's laughable, the whole point of that whole thing is Trump says he's 'solving' the Israel-Palestine situation when he can't even so much as put out a glossy brochure about it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harry-reid-dems-of-course-2020

Harry Reid rips Dems over 'Medicare-for-all,' border policies: 'Of course' it will hurt us in 2020

Former Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid had some harsh words for his party's presidential candidates, rejecting some of their health care and immigration policies as too extreme to resonate with voters in a general election.

Reid, during a newly published interview with Vice, specifically took aim at "Medicare-for-all" and calls by many candidates to decriminalize illegal border crossings. The blunt-talking former Nevada senator suggested any Democratic nominee running on these issues could face trouble.

“People want a fair immigration system. They don’t want an open-door invitation for everybody to come at once,” Reid said in the interview with Vice. When asked if supporting decriminalization could be bad for Democrats in 2020, Reid said, “Of course it is.”

Reid accused Democrats of not having their priorities in order going into the election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harry-reid-dems-of-course-2020

Harry Reid rips Dems over 'Medicare-for-all,' border policies: 'Of course' it will hurt us in 2020

Former Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid had some harsh words for his party's presidential candidates, rejecting some of their health care and immigration policies as too extreme to resonate with voters in a general election.

Reid, during a newly published interview with Vice, specifically took aim at "Medicare-for-all" and calls by many candidates to decriminalize illegal border crossings. The blunt-talking former Nevada senator suggested any Democratic nominee running on these issues could face trouble.

“People want a fair immigration system. They don’t want an open-door invitation for everybody to come at once,” Reid said in the interview with Vice. When asked if supporting decriminalization could be bad for Democrats in 2020, Reid said, “Of course it is.”

Reid accused Democrats of not having their priorities in order going into the election.
Well he’s right. Reid’s a dull guy (I’ve never heard a more boring speaker in my life, full stop) but like Pelosi and McConnell, he’s a canny politician and he knows how to win. 

I don’t agree with @Widbil83 and others that these issues will be catastrophic for the Democrats (though Medicare for All could be) but they won’t help IMO. 

Looks like Kamala is fading out of the race on the left side of the brackets.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-kamala-harris-support-plummets-124437641.html
Neither her rise or fall is that important. Her key to success in this race has always been to stay close in South Carolina and use that to win in California. She has about as much chance now as she’s always had- the odds are against but not impossible. 

I still think, however, that she’s well suited to be the VP choice. 

Users who are viewing this thread