What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

I know. He kills this thread.  
Again...a post like this seems to agitate, right?

You see...what I did was successfully dispute a post about thousands of posts...and instead of a...yeah, true, wasn't thousands...we have what happened.

Is it a waste of my time defending from such silly things...probably.  Though, not sure anyone posting on this site has any real reason to talk about someone else wasting time.

But so do you. Sometimes, often, Sho makes great points. Sometimes he wastes time (IMO) on stuff like this. But every time, consistently, you and others goad him on and your posts in response to him are just as unreadable. 
Good point.  I have put Sho back on ignore so I don’t have to see his bait anymore. 

:hifive:

TobiasFunke said:
Why are you reading and posting in a thread started by supporters of and dedicated to a President who, within the last 12 hours, has called you either stupid or disloyal and quoted a fellow insane conspiracy theorist who says you "don't even know what you're doing or saying any more?" Why would you even want to engage loyal supporters of a man who is supposed to be your president but who insults and denigrates you because of your religion and your refusal to show allegiance to his cult of personality?

Come on, man. Leave this cesspool alone.
Because 40% of the country still supports Donald Trump. I don’t like that figure but it is what it is. I’m not going to ignore 40% of the country and pretend it doesn’t exist. 

As far as Trump’s recent silly comment about Jews- I think people, are making way too much of it. Basically he’s said  that Jews who vote for Democrats are disloyal to Israel. That’s dumb, but Republicans have been making the same argument for years. Hell its been Dennis Prager’s main argument for 2 decades, and he’s an observant Jewish talk show host. It’s not antisemitic. I don’t take offense at it. I just think it’s foolish. 

Donald Trump HAS made some anti-Semitic comments in the past, though certainly not at the same level of his anti black and anti Muslim comments. He’s got a dumb Archie Bunker bigotry about him. But this comment wasn’t anti-Semitic or offensive. 

This is what makes this thread unreadable at times: there’s now been about 10 consecutive posts arguing about 425 something or other. I had to scroll back to find out what that was exactly. When I did I thought, “who cares?” Why is Sho Nuff wasting all this time trying to explain and defend himself? Why are the rest of you wasting all this time trying to rip him? I’m betting nobody wants to read this ####. 
New to the PSF huh?

eta: you should check out the shootings thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Because 40% of the country still supports Donald Trump. I don’t like that figure but it is what it is. I’m not going to ignore 40% of the country and pretend it doesn’t exist. 
I'm not suggesting you pretend it doesn't exist. I'm suggesting you stop wasting your time thinking you can reduce that number or that they'll somehow offer you a logical explanation for their support after four years of asking for one.

Their man just openly and publicly called you either disloyal or stupid. What common ground do you possibly imagine you're going to find with someone who thinks that is OK?

TobiasFunke said:
Why are you reading and posting in a thread started by supporters of and dedicated to a President who, within the last 12 hours, has called you either stupid or disloyal and quoted a fellow insane conspiracy theorist who says you "don't even know what you're doing or saying any more?" Why would you even want to engage loyal supporters of a man who is supposed to be your president but who insults and denigrates you because of your religion and your refusal to show allegiance to his cult of personality?

Come on, man. Leave this cesspool alone.
How would you know what’s happening in here if you weren’t reading it too? 

I'm not suggesting you pretend it doesn't exist. I'm suggesting you stop wasting your time thinking you can reduce that number or that they'll somehow offer you a logical explanation for their support after four years of asking for one.

Their man just openly and publicly called you either disloyal or stupid. What common ground do you possibly imagine you're going to find with someone who thinks that is OK?
I don’t think I can change the number. But I enjoy the discussion, that’s why I’m here. 

I addressed your second point in a different post. 

I’ll bite

1) I’m not a fan of a stimulus move like this but stimulus packages seemed okay to many during the previous administration.  If it was targeted as a true middle class tax cut, then I would feel much better to stimulate short term spending.  Lifting the SALT cap on income tax deductions would help stimulate spending and construction.  A recession would hurt all incumbents chances.  Especially those in the house that Trump can point to as the source of the problems.  We were doing great until the midterms will be an effective spin.  

2)  It’s been almost 20 years.  Get our kids home.  Only the hawkiest of hawks wants us to be there. These various factions have been fighting each other for eons before we got there and will continue to fight.  It’s their way of life.  Many on bofff sideezzz would support getting out.  
Why post this at all.  I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to discuss Trump and his re-election.  That would include discussion about what he's doing as President I would hope.  I'm assuming that you are accusing Tim of fishing with his questions for some reason.  This is why I feel it's impossible to have an honest discussion with some of you and why this thread was created as nothing more than a joke.

Tim asked two honest questions that should be talked about but he either gets ignored or accused of fishing.  Why not discuss the questions like adults that actually care about what our President is doing?

As far as Trump’s recent silly comment about Jews- I think people, are making way too much of it. Basically he’s said  that Jews who vote for Democrats are disloyal to Israel. That’s dumb, but Republicans have been making the same argument for years. Hell its been Dennis Prager’s main argument for 2 decades, and he’s an observant Jewish talk show host. It’s not antisemitic. I don’t take offense at it. I just think it’s foolish. 

Donald Trump HAS made some anti-Semitic comments in the past, though certainly not at the same level of his anti black and anti Muslim comments. He’s got a dumb Archie Bunker bigotry about him. But this comment wasn’t anti-Semitic or offensive. 
The problem isn't saying that Jews who vote for Democrats (ie most American Jews) are disloyal to Israel. That's obviously stupid, but it's not offensive. The offensive part is suggesting that American Jews owe some sort of loyalty to Israel as opposed to prioritizing their own country in the first place. It's a universally recognized anti-Semitic trope. And the fact that someone like Dennis Prager embraces it (as does Ben Shapiro, FWIW) ... does not make the point you think it makes.

We can continue this chat somewhere else, if you want to continue it at all.

The Danish Prime Minister, while very diplomatic and measured in her statement, expressed bewilderment and disappointment. 

So embarrassing. 

The problem isn't saying that Jews who vote for Democrats (ie most American Jews) are disloyal to Israel. That's obviously stupid, but it's not offensive. The offensive part is suggesting that American Jews owe some sort of loyalty to Israel as opposed to prioritizing their own country in the first place. It's a universally recognized anti-Semitic trope. And the fact that someone like Dennis Prager embraces it (as does Ben Shapiro, FWIW) ... does not make the point you think it makes.

We can continue this chat somewhere else, if you want to continue it at all.
We can discuss it here. I don’t see it as anti- Semitic to suggest that Jews should support Israel. Dual loyalty, the suggestion that we support Israel at the expense of supporting the United States, is anti-Semitic, but that’s a very different issue and is much more often made by critics of Israel, not supporters. 

You do realize any number over zero illustrates how many nutty opinions we have in this forum?  425 is an embarrassment.  
He has no clue.

This is what makes this thread unreadable at times: there’s now been about 10 consecutive posts arguing about 425 something or other. I had to scroll back to find out what that was exactly. When I did I thought, “who cares?” Why is Sho Nuff wasting all this time trying to explain and defend himself? Why are the rest of you wasting all this time trying to rip him? I’m betting nobody wants to read this ####. 
I think I found your problem.

Again it’s not the only problem. Like KD, you lay all the blame on Sho without acknowledging the culpability of those who attack him. 
I've suggested everyone put the trolls on ignore. I've suggested we let thread creators be able to put people for the whole thread on ignore.  I've suggested several solutions while you go around defending the instigating part of the problem.

I've suggested everyone put the trolls on ignore. I've suggested we let thread creators be able to put people for the whole thread on ignore.  I've suggested several solutions while you go around defending the instigating part of the problem.
But he’s not a troll. He makes great points, great arguments. Then sometimes he doesn’t. It’s the same for a lot of other posters. Why not respond to the good posts and ignore the others? 

Whatever though. I’m sick of even discussing this. Why not talk about President Trump’s announcement about detentions? Or his 180 on gun control? Or the proposed new tax cuts? So many important issues to discuss, I can’t believe the amount of posts wasted on this. 

On just this page alone I think I counted 22 posts that included Sho.  Of those 22 posts I believe only 6 were from him.  You guys have a problem.  Put him on ignore and stop complaining already.
Or...you know...have a civil conversation rather than talking about me rather than actually talking about or discussing what is posted.  Apparently that is a big problem for some people to do.

On just this page alone I think I counted 22 posts that included Sho.  Of those 22 posts I believe only 6 were from him.  You guys have a problem.  Put him on ignore and stop complaining already.
This is a falsehood.  No one is complaining just explaining.  You cherry picking one page doesn't make your point it makes mine.   Any of this stuff sound familiar?

Serious answer to you and Tim is the guy has a long history of trolling here, he won't answer any questions that get asked of him, so why would anyone take his questions seriously and think he's here for any reason other than trolling?  

Why post this at all.  I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to discuss Trump and his re-election.  That would include discussion about what he's doing as President I would hope.  I'm assuming that you are accusing Tim of fishing with his questions for some reason.  This is why I feel it's impossible to have an honest discussion with some of you and why this thread was created as nothing more than a joke.

Tim asked two honest questions that should be talked about but he either gets ignored or accused of fishing.  Why not discuss the questions like adults that actually care about what our President is doing?
Relax.  It was a figure of speech.  I was not referring to him being on a fishing expedition.  I said that because it was not addressed to me but he obviously wanted a Pro-Trump poster to respond.  

But he’s not a troll. He makes great points, great arguments. Then sometimes he doesn’t. It’s the same for a lot of other posters. Why not respond to the good posts and ignore the others? 

Whatever though. I’m sick of even discussing this. Why not talk about President Trump’s announcement about detentions? Or his 180 on gun control? Or the proposed new tax cuts? So many important issues to discuss, I can’t believe the amount of posts wasted on this. 
I'm not going to waste my time looking for a needle in the haystack.  It's way better not even having to see that crap - it would have been zero time wasted for me if you hadn't gone around defending the instigating part of the problem.

This is a falsehood.  No one is complaining just explaining.  You cherry picking one page doesn't make your point it makes mine.   Any of this stuff sound familiar?

Serious answer to you and Tim is the guy has a long history of trolling here, he won't answer any questions that get asked of him, so why would anyone take his questions seriously and think he's here for any reason other than trolling?  
You are one of the most guilty posters here so your opinion on this means very little to me.  My point would only be proven more if I went back more pages but I don't want to spend that much time counting all of your complaints and jabs at Sho.

I know you guys all think he's trolling.  I myself don't really see it but I'm not a Trump supporter so I guess I see where a lot of his questions come from.  I think he asks a lot of legitimate questions which could lead to good discussion but it always gets derailed by posts directed towards him.

If you think all he's doing is trolling then report him or ignore him so we can clear all this crap out of here.  If you don't, then it just tells me that you enjoy it and don't want it to stop.

Relax.  It was a figure of speech.  I was not referring to him being on a fishing expedition.  I said that because it was not addressed to me but he obviously wanted a Pro-Trump poster to respond.  
Isn't that the point though?  To get other's opinions on certain subjects?  Trying to understand why each of us thinks about topics the way we do?

You are one of the most guilty posters here so you're opinion on this means very little to me.  My point would only be proven more if I went back more pages but I don't want to spend that much time counting all of your complaints and jabs at Sho.

I know you guys all think he's trolling.  I myself don't really see it but I'm not a Trump supporter so I guess I see where a lot of his questions come from.  I think he asks a lot of legitimate questions which could lead to good discussion but it always gets derailed by posts directed towards him.

If you think all he's doing is trolling then report him or ignore him so we can clear all this crap out of here.  If you don't, then it just tells me that you enjoy it and don't want it to stop.
You don't see it because he's in your tribe and that's what 95% of this board is about.   But it's also hard to take your seriously that you are here for discussions when you want to drop crap like "you're (it's your, by the way) opinion on this means very little to me" when I'm giving you a reasonable explanation for how a lot of people that post in here see things.  In other words, you don't want an explanation you want to tell others how they should view things.  That's going to go over well I bet.

As others said last night (that you aren't trying to police, by the way) I'll reply to whomever I want about whatever I want.  And you don't get to tell me what I enjoy or don't.  

Tim, this is downright insane.

You don't see it because he's in your tribe and that's what 95% of this board is about.   But it's also hard to take your seriously that you are here for discussions when you want to drop crap like "you're (it's your, by the way) opinion on this means very little to me" when I'm giving you a reasonable explanation for how a lot of people that post in here see things.  In other words, you don't want an explanation you want to tell others how they should view things.  That's going to go over well I bet.

As others said last night (that you aren't trying to police, by the way) I'll reply to whomever I want about whatever I want.  And you don't get to tell me what I enjoy or don't.  
Technically, I do get to tell you that, you don't have to listen or comply though.  No different than you saying I'm in some sort of tribe.  It's just us sharing our opinions online.  I can't stop you or anyone else from continuing on with exactly the same daily routine on here.  Sometimes I just feel like throwing out the suggestion of improving our posts on here to see if it helps.  I know there's about a 99% chance nothing with change.

Thanks for catching the grammatical error, it's one of my pet peeves making mistakes like that.  I was typing too fast and didn't reread it.

You've thrown around your fair share of insults this morning so you filling in as board cop is coming across as pretty hypocritical.  
Sorry.  I've just gotten frustrated with the same shtick each day.  Sometimes I feel the need to speak up even though it's best I just keep my mouth shut.  Getting a point across on here rarely works.

Sorry.  I've just gotten frustrated with the same shtick each day.  Sometimes I feel the need to speak up even though it's best I just keep my mouth shut.  Getting a point across on here rarely works.
I feel the same way.  I'm trying to get my point across to you that many may not view sho as a troll in this thread when he actually participates in discussions and answers questions from posters instead of demanding they answer his questions and then attacking them when they don't.  You seem to be ignoring that point when claiming sho asks good questions.  Occasionally he does but often times he isn't and posts the grade school reply of "you're wrong and I'm right" and he rarely answers questions in return.  The same thing you're complaining that the Trump supporters are doing in this thread.   Funny, eh?

Frank Figliuzzi is back on MSNBC! You guys may remember him from last week-

“And I'll give you an example of that. We have to understand the adversary and the threat we’re dealing with. And if we don't understand how they think, we’ll never understand how to counter them. ...

Now, I'm not going to imply that he did this deliberately but I am using it as an example of the ignorance of the adversary that’s being demonstrated by the White House. ...
Figliuzzi's point is that Trump unknowingly peddles themes that white supremacists would use, believe or fall into. 

I feel the same way.  I'm trying to get my point across to you that many may not view sho as a troll in this thread when he actually participates in discussions and answers questions from posters instead of demanding they answer his questions and then attacking them when they don't.  You seem to be ignoring that point when claiming sho asks good questions.  Occasionally he does but often times he isn't and posts the grade school reply of "you're wrong and I'm right" and he rarely answers questions in return.  The same thing you're complaining that the Trump supporters are doing in this thread.   Funny, eh?
I see you're point.  I don't see near as many snark replies from Sho as I do from others.  I feel a lot of times his posts are attacked more than any others.  I wish he would not respond to them all because it creates an almost endless back and forth.  I also wish other would not make those comments towards him unless they actually intend to have a discussion with him.

You're arguing that the American President, non-practicing Christian, is declaring who is disloyal to the Jewish faith?
I'm not arguing anything, he said those three things, they line up to make his logic work.  Where is the logic that made you think he meant it was being disloyal to America?

Users who are viewing this thread