What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

The magic number is when the cost to service that debt becomes a big enough component of the federal budget (it's like 7% now) that critical services like the military or social security need to be curtailed because there's just not enough money.  And if we borrow and borrow and borrow and our credit rating gets lowered, that debt service will go up significantly.  Like any household/company, debt payments not related to increasing investment are an anchor on your overall potential.
Meh. We will just come up with a fix. Like the Trillion dollar coin. Obama almost enacted it which I am fine with. The fact is undeniable that we will hit your mark and you know what happens then? Not much. Business as usual after a selloff in the markets. It will quickly recover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillion_dollar_coin

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2013/01/19/the-treasury-has-already-minted-two-trillion-dollar-coins/#1bd69f6a6994

Obama told the podcast that, amid the possibility of a government shutdown and default that would most likely have lowered the US's credit rating, the administration was considering numerous options to avoid the shutdown and deal with the national debt. One of the ideas floated, Obama said, was having the US Treasury mint a coin worth $1 trillion to pay off a good portion of the debt.

Perhaps if the very unfair press weren't the enemy of the very fine American people then we'd have more press conferences to use my best words but hey, all those failing, liberal, fake media types can suck it cause I'm the best President in your lifetime.

Don't you fellows know that twitter is a much more transparent medium than actually answering questions from the press on a regular basis.

Most transparent ever!  Most accomplished ever!  Boomingest economy ever!  Only hires the best people!

SMH...

And know how now you can't find a single person who will admit to supporting Nixon to the bitter end?

Gonna be the exact same thing with Trump in 20 years or so.  The unofficial Gary Johnson voting bloc will suddenly be through the roof. 

Don’t worry she’s not Trump’s type.
On an appearance on The Howard Stern Show in 2005, published on Sunday by CNN, Trump described going backstage at the beauty pageants while the contestants were undressed.Before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”

You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.

According to interviews BuzzFeed News conducted with former Miss Teen USA contestants, Trump did just that in 1997. Four women who were competing in the pageant that year — including one who was 15 at the time — recalled that Trump walked into the dressing area while they were changing.

The truth of Trump is obvious, even his supporters understand it.  Too bad they embrace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
On an appearance on The Howard Stern Show in 2005, published on Sunday by CNN, Trump described going backstage at the beauty pageants while the contestants were undressed.Before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”

You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.

According to interviews BuzzFeed News conducted with former Miss Teen USA contestants, Trump did just that in 1997. Four women who were competing in the pageant that year — including one who was 15 at the time — recalled that Trump walked into the dressing area while they were changing.

The truth of Trump is obvious, even his supporters understand it.  Too bad they embrace it.
Imagine that was a coach of a high school girls basketball team. Thinking he could go into the locker room anytime he wanted to because it’s his team.  Parents would go crazy and he’d be fired instantly but I bet those same parents who support Trump are fine with this.  Just Trump being Trump. 

timschochet said:
As much as I criticize @tonydead and @Ramblin Wreck from time to time, they have never been Trump supporters. My impression is that they are generally conservative, and that they often take umbrage at what they consider to be over the top attacks against Trump, largely because they perceive them to be attacks against conservatism in general (if I am incorrect about any of this you guys can correct me.) 
I'm not conservative, I don't think. Never voted for a republican president in my entire lifetime.  I think I'm moderate except I'm not moderate on any single topic, I'm either far right or far left.  I hate hypocrisy and the left is full of it right now.  If it were a message board full of Trump supporters I'm sure I'd be debating them, but, it's not. 

squistion said:
Tim, seriously, what is the difference between defending Trump's every action or being a supporter? It is a distinction without a difference as far as the end result is concerned.
What is the end result, my vote?  Because it hasn't happened yet.  The democrats can blame themselves for Trump just as much as they do the trump supporters. That's part of the hypocrisy I mentioned.   

I'm not conservative, I don't think. Never voted for a republican president in my entire lifetime.  I think I'm moderate except I'm not moderate on any single topic, I'm either far right or far left.  I hate hypocrisy and the left is full of it right now.  If it were a message board full of Trump supporters I'm sure I'd be debating them, but, it's not. 

What is the end result, my vote?  Because it hasn't happened yet.  The democrats can blame themselves for Trump just as much as they do the trump supporters. That's part of the hypocrisy I mentioned.   
Hypocrisy thy name is tonydead.

Horrible troll post. How are these people allowed to post here?
When recently reporting a troll that jumped in a thread off topic claiming I approve of sexual assault I was told it was not across the line, only to report things way over the line.....then I was given the warning.  :lmao:

Hope they police that fairly both ways but the off topic meltdowns by the left in this thread are quite the entertainment.  :popcorn:

When recently reporting a troll that jumped in a thread off topic claiming I approve of sexual assault I was told it was not across the line, only to report things way over the line.....then I was given the warning.  :lmao:

Hope they police that fairly both ways but the off topic meltdowns by the left in this thread are quite the entertainment.  :popcorn:
Bunch of posts describing what Trump supporters are and this is the one called out by a mod:

There are so many of them that it’s hard to tell them apart. The fact that none of them have original thoughts also makes it difficult to differentiate them. They are like tribbles from Star Trek.  
Hasn't posted since.  

Really not a fan of @knowledge dropper but I sure hope he wasn’t suspended for that post. And I REALLY hope nobody reported him for it. 

IMO the mods are being heavy handed lately (I think @TobiasFunke was suspended too earlier today) but if they are it’s probably because people are reporting posts. Which, I think, really sucks. 

I hate hypocrisy and the left is full of it right now.  
I don’t disagree except for the “right now” part. The left and right are always full of hypocrisy. I could offer you dozens of examples every day. There is always a double standard, always a “what about this?” you can pull up in almost any situation. 

But while it’s important to always be aware of it, and try to avoid self-righteousness, it doesn’t mean we should avoid criticism altogether. If Trump does something wrong, then he does something wrong; it doesn’t matter if Obama or Bill Clinton did the same thing. 

Really not a fan of @knowledge dropper but I sure hope he wasn’t suspended for that post. And I REALLY hope nobody reported him for it. 

IMO the mods are being heavy handed lately (I think @TobiasFunke was suspended too earlier today) but if they are it’s probably because people are reporting posts. Which, I think, really sucks. 
We don't know if either of those posters were suspended. The mods don't give us a list of the jail birds (so to speak). Perhaps both these guys haven't had time to log on to this fascinating forum due to other activities in their lives. When I visit my family in Newport Beach in the summer, I don't usually post for several days due to spotty Wi-Fi reception.

We don't know if either of those posters were suspended. The mods don't give us a list of the jail birds (so to speak). Perhaps both these guys haven't had time to log on to this fascinating forum due to other activities in their lives. When I visit my family in Newport Beach in the summer, I don't usually post for several days due to spotty Wi-Fi reception.
They both received warnings from the mods and immediately stopped posting even though they had posted several times right before. That’s why I think they may have been suspended. 

That sad little rant by Knowledge Dropper and the Trump gang was mostly aimed at me.  I didn’t report anyone though.  Not my thing.  

I guess when you're forced to support the  continuous lying, impulsive, and megalomaniac person currently staining the white house, you get really sensitive and have to complain constantly about other posters.

SAD

I guess when you're forced to support the  continuous lying, impulsive, and megalomaniac person currently staining the white house, you get really sensitive and have to complain constantly about other posters.

SAD
Is that why you act the way you do? Didn’t think you supported Trump but glad you are opening up about your unhinged behavior? Hopefully this is therapeutic for you....but maybe take it to another thread. 

Which makes sense as the press conferences turned into circuses as the reporters on the left acted like unsupervised 3 year olds mid tantrum.  
:goodposting:

Trump still for some reason has these press gaggles and allows the children to shout questions at him for 20 minutes or so every time he travels. Trump has probably taken more questions from the press in the last 3 months than Obama did in 8 years.

Saw a younger white guy (probably college age) at the supermarket today with a Trump shirt on. It said:

Trump 2020

#### your feelings!

I'm all for freedom of speech and people supporting who they like but really? This what we've come to?
Total tangent but I was buying a drink at a convenience store the other day and this guy was wearing a t-shirt that said “Show me your #######!   Mardi Gras”.  Cracked me up although I wouldn’t have found it funny if kids were around.

Bunch of posts describing what Trump supporters are and this is the one called out by a mod:

Hasn't posted since.  
Of course it is.  Do a search of the term “supporters” and you will see several of the usual anti Trump guys spilling in here and flying off at the handle.   

Of course it got reported. Have you seen the board cops we have around here? Think about that: at least one person and a mod thinks tribbles from star trek is offensive.  JFC.  :lmao: 🤗

Some of us are capable of putting two and two together. And lol, of course when visiting family it's the spotty WiFi that keeps you from posting. That must be horrible for you. 

My God, you guys complain a lot when being challenged by others.  Why not just debate back at them instead of deflecting, getting defensive or insulting?  Trump supporters give their opinions, then the opposite side gives theirs and it should go continue like that.  Trump haters are guilty of this too, I don't want to just single out the supporters.  Why can't we do a better job of a real debate/conversation?

:goodposting:

Trump still for some reason has these press gaggles and allows the children to shout questions at him for 20 minutes or so every time he travels. Trump has probably taken more questions from the press in the last 3 months than Obama did in 8 years.
Do you honestly believe this?  The only time Trump answers questions is when he's going to and from some kind of aircraft.  Did Obama not do this?

Are you ok that the guy who works for you doesn't hold press conferences?  Do you think that's healthy for this country?

Why God you guys complain a lot when being challenged by others.  Why not just debate back at them instead of deflecting, getting defensive or insulting?  Trump supporters give their opinions, then the opposite side gives theirs and it should go continue like that.  Trump haters are guilty of this too, I don't want to just single out the supporters.  Why can't we do a better job of a real debate/conversation?
I agree. Yesterday @GoBirds argued that President Trump’s tweets were evidence of his transparency. That’s a pretty controversial claim and at the very least it’s worthy of discussion and debate. @sho nuff asked him to explain, and not only did GoBirds refuse to do so, he responded by insulting sho nuff. Several other posters then piled on adding their insults. 

I thought it a decent question, because I don’t think that telling falsehoods is a sign of transparency. When I offered this opinion I was told to “take it to another thread” and accused of trolling. There was no rebuttal, no argument made. I felt like I was reading FreeRepublic.com. 

Many Trump supporters and conservatives around here continually accuse this forum of being an echo chamber for liberals. But it appears from this thread that their solution is not to attempt to engage in real discussion or debate, but to create their own echo chamber: a lovefest for President Trump, in which anyone who takes issue with anything written is accused of trolling and asked to leave. 

Of course it is.  Do a search of the term “supporters” and you will see several of the usual anti Trump guys spilling in here and flying off at the handle.   
Flew off the handle?  Come on, there was as much crap being thrown around by Trump supporters and the hypocrisy caller outers as anyone yesterday.  With baseless accusations of fishing and trolling for things they didn’t like.

I'm flattered by Tim's obsessive trolling of me and very amused at the unsolicited meltdowns by the left in this thread. They can't control themselves and obsessively have to troll this thread because their safe forum isn't 100% ranting against the POTUS.......truly amazing to watch.  :popcorn:

I'm flattered by Tim's obsessive trolling of me and very amused at the unsolicited meltdowns by the left in this thread. They can't control themselves and obsessively have to troll this thread because their safe forum isn't 100% ranting against the POTUS.......truly amazing to watch.  :popcorn:
You complain a lot.  Why not have a discussion?

And I think this post proves my point. I’ll put the question to anyone reading this: how exactly have I trolled GoBirds? Go back through the last couple of pages and see if you can find a post by me in which I am trolling him or insulting him. I have certainly challenged him to explain and defend some of his statements which I take issue with. Is that now to be considered the same as trolling? 

Tim's post wasn't trolling.  Safe forum is a ridiculous assertion.  Its an open forum, anyone is free to discuss the topics in accordance with the board's terms of service.  Anyone is free to start a topic be it liberal or conservative and form opinions and post them.  The side some appear not to like is when their opinions even get questioned at all.  That seems like a problem with that person, not the one questioning things.

And I think this post proves my point. I’ll put the question to anyone reading this: how exactly have I trolled GoBirds? Go back through the last couple of pages and see if you can find a post by me in which I am trolling him or insulting him. I have certainly challenged him to explain and defend some of his statements which I take issue with. Is that now to be considered the same as trolling? 
How may times have you quoted or tagged me in posts the last 24 hours? You are obsessed and try to take jabs in each one.......keep those childish tactics in the Trump whining threads. We all appreciate it and hope you can be better. If not though we will continue to observe this amusing behavior. 

Many Trump supporters and conservatives around here continually accuse this forum of being an echo chamber for liberals. But it appears from this thread that their solution is not to attempt to engage in real discussion or debate, but to create their own echo chamber: a lovefest for President Trump, in which anyone who takes issue with anything written is accused of trolling and asked to leave. 
:lmao:   How's that working out?  One single thread in the whole forum and the echo crew are freaking out about it.  

Yep.  And there is a reason these don't last.

This whole forum is a joke and complete waste of time.  But, I'm sitting in protest until @knowledge dropper comes back.  Anyone that gets banned because he referred to the libs as being one of the most lovable science fiction creatures of all times is unacceptable.   We have to stand up to this sort of PC crap.

What does that mean?
It means that people can comment on a twitter post, same as a reporter asking him questions...plus what percentage of Americans have a twitter account and of those that do how many follow the President or even check it daily?  Yep just like holding press conferences, most transparent administration in history.

Users who are viewing this thread