What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

:lmao:   How's that working out?  One single thread in the whole forum and the echo crew are freaking out about it.  
So is that the purpose of this thread though?

Again, it seems the ones freaking out are those who don't want to actually discuss things beyond a rah rah thread.  Id suggest they find elsewhere for that type of thread.   This board will question things...

How so HT?  There are comments...but he doesn't answer questions and there is no accountability for what he says there.

Twitter is not a press conference...nor is it a sign of any transparency.
What are you talking about. What accountability? Is Jim Acosta going to pontificate while talking his nonsense. Twitter is an open channel with plenty of accountability 

Because you have no credibility, just yesterday you tried to spin that a guy with 14,000 posts is posting the same amount as a guy with 133,000 posts. Waste of time. 
What was I spinning?  You were making fun of someone for being on here all the time when most of us on here just about every day, including yourself.  It was a weak jab at another poster and now here you are complaining again.

From the latest "world is ending" post:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ubs-were-one-step-away-from-global-recession-all-major-banks-at-risk-to-ease-182748762.html

"The Fed is expected to cut interest rates as early as next month. UBS estimates the central bank would be poised to cut an additional 100bp— on top of an expected 50bp in July.

Under that scenario, the US economy would be flying “dangerously low to the ground,” but would avoid a recession, UBS said."

So all the bashing of Trump for wanting to cut rates yet this doom and gloom article says what he is pushing for would avoid recession? 

What are you talking about. What accountability? Is Jim Acosta going to pontificate while talking his nonsense. Twitter is an open channel with plenty of accountability 
By really being able to ask a question and have him (or his spokesperson) answer on record.  Thats the point of press conferences.

Twitter is a joke...

My God, you guys complain a lot when being challenged by others.  Why not just debate back at them instead of deflecting, getting defensive or insulting?  Trump supporters give their opinions, then the opposite side gives theirs and it should go continue like that.  Trump haters are guilty of this too, I don't want to just single out the supporters.  Why can't we do a better job of a real debate/conversation?
It's a pretty accurate representation of the real world, as well as Trump's re-election strategy.

But the President can just ignore everyone. Have you ever seen the President respond to ANYONE on twitter? 
Not once have I ever seen him engage in a discussion or have any sort of back-and-forth dialog with anyone on Twitter.

To compare his tweets (which are reminiscent of Pravda type propaganda) to the give-and-take of an actual press conference is ludicrous and absurd.

I agree. Yesterday @GoBirds argued that President Trump’s tweets were evidence of his transparency. That’s a pretty controversial claim and at the very least it’s worthy of discussion and debate. @sho nuff asked him to explain, and not only did GoBirds refuse to do so, he responded by insulting sho nuff. Several other posters then piled on adding their insults. 

I thought it a decent question, because I don’t think that telling falsehoods is a sign of transparency. When I offered this opinion I was told to “take it to another thread” and accused of trolling. There was no rebuttal, no argument made. I felt like I was reading FreeRepublic.com. 
Why should he answer sho's questions?  Sho never answers when one of us asks him to elaborate or back things up.   That works both ways.

Isn’t Twitter essentially a Teleprompter speech in 140 characters? Trump doesn’t even write many of the tweets (the coherent ones with no spelling errors that are respectful)

There’s no back and forth, just a bunch of bots replying #maga, #trump2020, etc.

Isn’t Twitter essentially a Teleprompter speech in 140 characters? Trump doesn’t even write many of the tweets (the coherent ones with no spelling errors that are respectful)

There’s no back and forth, just a bunch of bots replying #maga, #trump2020, etc.
I have the 345-5 shift on the #MAGA hashtag today 

That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Take it like a man, no whining.

But back to the Twitter being a press conference. I’m assuming that’s some HellToupee schtick?
Do you say that for every hashtag movement or are you just prejudice against 60's science fiction references?

I do think it would be nice if those of us that are staunchly opposed to Trump could dial it down a bit in this thread, or maybe just not post in here at all unless it's a good faith sort of thing, but I'll keep my expectations low on that front.
Jesus. Even low expectations don't do this cluster#### justice.

Seriously,  what are you anti-Trump guys trying to prove on here? Are ya finally gonna set the Trumpers (sorry, not an insult, don't report me) straight? Are they finally gonna see the light?

It's a lost cause, let them have their thread. I'd like to just read what they have to say without all the nonsense for once. 

Seriously,  what are you anti-Trump guys trying to prove on here? Are ya finally gonna set the Trumpers (sorry, not an insult, don't report me) straight? Are they finally gonna see the light?

It's a lost cause, let them have their thread. I'd like to just read what they have to say without all the nonsense for once. 
That’s about where I am just from the other side.  Nobody here is going to change the opinion of anyone else. Most of us are who we are. Some opinions change but in my opinion most of these are over time or from personal experiences. Certainly it won’t be from a message board or a snarky response. 

They can’t control themselves Herb, one thread not dominated by their group think sets them off. 

Your mature behavior is appreciated.

The thing with tribbles, there are so many of them that you often miss the one post that means something. 

#freeknowledgedropper

#freeboots11234
knowledgedropper yes.  Boots no. Boots deserved to be suspended for his comments regarding the migrant children. 

What did boots do?
In response to the reports of poor treatment of migrant children at the border, he suggested  that their missing Disney videos was not really a cause for concern. He then went on to state his solution: “Deport them and their parents. Problem solved.” 

Earlier boots stated that his biggest concern about these migrants is their threat to “the culture of this country.” 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol actually I'm interested in reading Trump opinions too, but apparently we're enmeshed in a poster disappearance mystery involving all of Tobias, KD and now Boots? Who could be next? Curiouser and curioser... it's like an online Dominican Republic Resort in here.

Tim called out a bunch of known Trump supporters, including boots, because he thought he won a point about the boarder. Boots responded with a joke about Disney tv and he’s the one that gets suspended.  :loco:
Win a point? I didn’t win any point. I “called them out” because at the same time they were praising Trump as the greatest President ever these stories about the treatment of migrant children were being reported and I wanted them to reconcile what remains for me to be a gross contradiction. 

If human suffering means “winning a point” I’d much prefer to lose. 

Trump supporters....how do you feel about the all the various hires/fires/resignations/etc. of high profile positions in the time Trump has been President?

Does this bother you at all?

Win a point? I didn’t win any point. I “called them out” because at the same time they were praising Trump as the greatest President ever these stories about the treatment of migrant children were being reported and I wanted them to reconcile what remains for me to be a gross contradiction. 

Did you report Boots?

Thanks for your honesty.  Calling out a group of posters with whom you disagree (which I swear had been discussed in the moderation forum as not allowed) is acceptable.  References to Star Trek and Disney gets a suspension.  Got it thanks!

#freeknowledgedropper   #freeboots11234

Users who are viewing this thread