What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (8 Viewers)

Do you only trust sites that focus specifically on positive things towards Trump?  I hope not because that would be just as bad.
Oh heck No.  I don't trust Fox news -- Please

I don't like bias in my news. Unfortunately it is definitely the rule nowadays and not the exception and I get that.  I try to filter out what I can when I can and identify when a writer or a source is biased.  I feel I can sense it fairly well.  From both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't like bias in my news. Unfortunately it is definitely the rule nowadays and not the exception and I get that.  I try to filter out what I can when I can and identify when a writer or a source is biased.  I feel I can sense it fairly well.  From both sides.
Right.  And when something doesn't smell right you might check a fact checking website, but, the argument that you must believe everything they say based their rating doesn't make much sense at all.

Right.  And when something doesn't smell right you might check a fact checking website, but, the argument that you must believe everything they say based their rating doesn't make much sense at all.
I don’t think believe everything they say was pushed.  It was more the complete dismissal of an article from site that is said to be factually accurate woth some left center bias that was at the crux of the issue being discussed.

I don’t think believe everything they say was pushed.  It was more the complete dismissal of an article from site that is said to be factually accurate woth some left center bias that was at the crux of the issue being discussed.
My point was opposite.  Never believe blindly based on the source.  Be skeptical. Always.  Look for biases and know they exist.  Then make a judgment based on your own knowledge.  

supermike80 said:
Didn't read it.   I avoid the WAPO and Business Insider because I find them biased in their reporting.  

This is a good rebuttal

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/08/07/success_of_the_trump_economy_is_bad_news_for_democrats_140956.html

ETA:  I didnt read this one either, but I am willing to bet it has different numbers than the ones you linked to..  Just sayin.  

My point was opposite.  Never believe blindly based on the source.  Be skeptical. Always.  Look for biases and know they exist.  Then make a judgment based on your own knowledge.  
Then I must have been mistaken when I read the bolded above.

Then why counter an article that isn’t even an opinion piece with a highly biased editorial?

Dickies said:
Then why counter an article that isn’t even an opinion piece with a highly biased editorial?
Same reason. That's the thing about biases, everyone has one. Good points to be made in editorials, otherwise I dont think they'd exist. 

Oh my, Nate Silver calling out his side-

Nate Silver@NateSilver538

It really amazing how many Libs can't even permit Trump to have *one good day* (nobody will remember this stuff by Tuesday) after US forces kill perhaps the world's most wanted terrorist.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1188563803174137856?s=21
Trump has set himself up for all the crap he gets.  It's what happens when you treat others the way he has his entire life.  People feel the need to treat him the same way he treats others, with little to no respect.  Let's not forget that Trump did not want to give Obama credit for the death of Bin Laden.

Oh my, Nate Silver calling out his side-

Nate Silver@NateSilver538

It really amazing how many Libs can't even permit Trump to have *one good day* (nobody will remember this stuff by Tuesday) after US forces kill perhaps the world's most wanted terrorist.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1188563803174137856?s=21
Its amazing that Trump wants credit - given how many times he tweeted that Obama should not get credit for killing bin Laden.

For the record - I agree with Trump on this one.  Obama does not really deserve credit for killing bin Laden - it was a military plan that was successful.  Obama did not lead the plan, or develop the intel.  He did OK the mission - and I think there is some credit due there, but the bulk of the credit should go to the CIA and military personnel responsible for planning and executing the plan.

Same thing with Trump.  

Another Obama-esque sub 2 GDP. :kicksrock:
And better than what was predicted

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/30/us-gdp-q3-2019-first-reading.html

US GDP rose a better-than-expected 1.9% in the third quarter as consumers continued to spend

Economists polled by Dow Jones had expected the first look at third-quarter growth to come in at 1.6%.

The better-than-expected data was the result of continued consumer spending as well as government expenditures, the Commerce Department says.

US GDP rose a better-than-expected 1.9% in the third quarter as consumers continued to spend

Economists polled by Dow Jones had expected the first look at third-quarter growth to come in at 1.6%.

The better-than-expected data was the result of continued consumer spending as well as government expenditures, the Commerce Department says.
So 1.9% is good or bad, I'm getting confused here

So 1.9% is good or bad, I'm getting confused here
I'll let Donald handle this

Thanks for putting into context, with everyone expecting a recession it seems better expecting and any whining about it unwarranted. 

Thanks for putting into context, with everyone expecting a recession it seems better expecting and any whining about it unwarranted. 
Why would people be expecting a recession when we've been repeatedly told that we are experiencing the best economy ever?

Dickies said:
Same reason. That's the thing about biases, everyone has one. Good points to be made in editorials, otherwise I dont think they'd exist. 
I just think this has been an interesting 2 page development. I posted the source report about the decline in hiring. - No commentary. - Before that though the first link I posted was by BI (and there are similar pretty neutral reports on AP, UPI, elsewhere), but the focus for Trump supporters was the claims about media bias. That's the most important issue and it shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who has read my work for the past few years knows I have been warning about Trump as a false prophet for the liberty movement and conservatives in general. And everyone knows my primary concern has been that the globalists will crash the Everything Bubble on Trump’s watch, and then blame all conservatives for the consequences.
As events are unfolding right now, it appears that Trump has served his purpose for the globalists and is slated to be replaced next year; probably by an extreme far-left Democrat. 
Though, I have to say, this bit is interesting.

- This guy thinks that Trump is actually a tool of the globalists whose mission is to bring on a far left globalist hegemony?

Why would people be expecting a recession when we've been repeatedly told that we are experiencing the best economy ever?
You must have missed that this is by far the longest bull market of all time? Those do end at some point......and we seem to be doing pretty good considering may in here predicted a crash as soon as Trump was elected. 

Trump judicial pick breaks down in tears at hearing over legal group's attack

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-judicial-nominee-hearing

"Even for the ABA, this is beyond the pale," the Judicial Crisis Network's Carrie Severino said in a statement, accusing the ABA of "bias against conservative nominees to the judiciary."

Former Nevada State Bar president Alan Lefebvre also blasted the ABA's evaluation in a statement prior to the hearing.

"Lawrence’s reputation for excellence in all he strives to do shines through by a sampling of his written product,” Lefebvre said, citing a number of cases on which VanDyke worked in the past. “It would be impossible for a reviewer to challenge such a qualified nominee’s abilities unless he was yoked with an ideologue’s agenda.”

You must have missed that this is by far the longest bull market of all time? Those do end at some point......and we seem to be doing pretty good considering may in here predicted a crash as soon as Trump was elected. 
Stock market is doing well. Growth is slowing and is at a number that Trump used to say is awful. 

Though, I have to say, this bit is interesting.

- This guy thinks that Trump is actually a tool of the globalists whose mission is to bring on a far left globalist hegemony?
It’s dangerous that people no longer take the easiest and most obvious explanation to what’s happening and feel compelled to weave webs of conspiracy theories to arrive at not so obvious conclusions. 

If you listen to Rush for 15 minutes you’ll hear why nothing is ever the Republicans fault because the liberal globalists are just setting traps to make them appear to do stupid things. 

Stock market is doing well. Growth is slowing and is at a number that Trump used to say is awful. 
Sure, if you are coming out of a bear market and printing money at a record clip I would agree. Where we are at in the economic cycle and relative to other global markets I don’t think anyone paying attention is buying the negative spin in here. 

"Even for the ABA, this is beyond the pale," the Judicial Crisis Network's Carrie Severino said in a statement, accusing the ABA of "bias against conservative nominees to the judiciary."

Former Nevada State Bar president Alan Lefebvre also blasted the ABA's evaluation in a statement prior to the hearing.

"Lawrence’s reputation for excellence in all he strives to do shines through by a sampling of his written product,” Lefebvre said, citing a number of cases on which VanDyke worked in the past. “It would be impossible for a reviewer to challenge such a qualified nominee’s abilities unless he was yoked with an ideologue’s agenda.”
Wow Hawley is asking the White House to exclude the ABA from having input on judicial nominees. 

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2019/08/22/the-real-reasons-why-the-media-is-suddenly-admitting-to-the-recession-threat/
Or maybe it's not as nefarious as that and as simple as we're in the longest bull market in history and at the point in an expansion cycle where a recession becomes the expected not the exception.   🤷‍♂️

Thanks, I was just going to say where is he looking that we aren't still printing money at a record pace?  Plus we added tax cuts and now asking for additional rate cuts, yet we are suppose to just look the other way when 1.9% comes out when our leader poo poo that number in the past??
Don’t think anyone expects the bolder and typically you both look for any negative spin you can find. Unfortunately for you as shown in the link above this number actually came in higher than projected.....sorry I guess?

You are claiming this is a record? Are you aware how much money was printed during your boys presidency? Also just cherry picking I assume and avoiding the reference to market cycle?
A lot I'm guessing. How much year to year?

I expected we'd be past comparisons to Obama's economy. This is the best one ever, GDP was to be in the 4,5,6's by this point. Just looking at data I see a sub 3 GDP think we are something like 2.3 this year, I see record deficits, I see an article that talks about "three separate market operations the central bank had offered a total of $203 billion in repos. This week marked the first time the central bank had taken such steps since the global financial crisis 10 years ago".

This is just stuff I see scanning Drudge.

A lot I'm guessing. How much year to year?

I expected we'd be past comparisons to Obama's economy. This is the best one ever, GDP was to be in the 4,5,6's by this point. Just looking at data I see a sub 3 GDP think we are something like 2.3 this year, I see record deficits, I see an article that talks about "three separate market operations the central bank had offered a total of $203 billion in repos. This week marked the first time the central bank had taken such steps since the global financial crisis 10 years ago".

This is just stuff I see scanning Drudge.
How did you expect the bolded, it's the most recent benchmark and the only relative comparable as it was under his watch that all the QE occurred which we are still buying bonds from?  

How did you expect the bolded, it's the most recent benchmark and the only relative comparable as it was under his watch that all the QE occurred which we are still buying bonds from?  
In 2012 our GDP was terrible, now it is best ever? Seems pretty "spinnish" to me regardless of what tricks the FED was using.

What were the numbers of FED injecting money going back to W when the poop hit the fan? I was curious to see how much was injected year to year as we bailed ourselves out of ruin, am traveling today and am on a phone and searching was proving to be a PITA.

The promise was a Trump led economy would be gangbusters.This is the comparison I was referring to. Pretty unimpressed up to this point. Thinking anyone could have gotten us this without all the incompetence. 

President Trump received the ‘Bipartisan Justice Award’ by black organization for ‘First Step Act’

https://thebl.com/politics/president-trump-received-the-bipartisan-justice-award-by-black-organization-for-first-step-act.html

The White House revealed on Friday, Oct. 25, that President Donald Trump would win the 2019 “Bipartisan Justice Award” from a bipartisan black advocacy group for his work on criminal justice reform.

The award was presented by the 20/20 Bipartisan Justice Center, a group founded in 2015 by 20 black Republicans and 20 black Democrats, at Benedict College in Columbia, South Carolina.

President Trump received the ‘Bipartisan Justice Award’ by black organization for ‘First Step Act’

https://thebl.com/politics/president-trump-received-the-bipartisan-justice-award-by-black-organization-for-first-step-act.html

The White House revealed on Friday, Oct. 25, that President Donald Trump would win the 2019 “Bipartisan Justice Award” from a bipartisan black advocacy group for his work on criminal justice reform.

The award was presented by the 20/20 Bipartisan Justice Center, a group founded in 2015 by 20 black Republicans and 20 black Democrats, at Benedict College in Columbia, South Carolina.
He deserves some props for that legislation.

In 2012 our GDP was terrible, now it is best ever? Seems pretty "spinnish" to me regardless of what tricks the FED was using.

What were the numbers of FED injecting money going back to W when the poop hit the fan? I was curious to see how much was injected year to year as we bailed ourselves out of ruin, am traveling today and am on a phone and searching was proving to be a PITA.

The promise was a Trump led economy would be gangbusters.This is the comparison I was referring to. Pretty unimpressed up to this point. Thinking anyone could have gotten us this without all the incompetence. 
You continuously regurgitate the same talking points in the Trump 2020 thread....you can Google and see the trillions under Obama in QE with rates at zero. 

Fact remains, todays GDP number bear projections which is a good thing. 

You continuously regurgitate the same talking points in the Trump 2020 thread....you can Google and see the trillions under Obama in QE with rates at zero. 

Fact remains, todays GDP number bear projections which is a good thing. 
They beat projections to get to 1.9%. That is mediocre, no? 

"Mr. VanDyke’s accomplishments are offset by the assessments of interviewees that Mr. VanDyke is arrogant, lazy, an ideologue, and lacking in knowledge of the day-to-day practice including procedural rules," it said, explaining why despite his professional and academic experience, they gave him a "Not Qualified" rating. "There was a theme that the nominee lacks humility, has an 'entitlement' temperament, does not have an open mind, and does not always have a commitment to being candid and truthful."

The ABA did note that VanDyke, a Harvard Law School graduate and former solicitor general for Montana and Nevada, is "clearly smart."
- Apparently the ABA put out a letter stating this nominee is not qualified to be a federal judge. That's pretty rare I'd think.

Yes. If the original projection was a low number (a number that would mean the economy is in "serious trouble" using Trump's words) and you beat it , it is still a low number right?
Doesn’t make much sense, sounds like you want to continually  :deadhorse:  based off an old quote. Maybe you are just rooting for negativity going into the election and the poll recently posted has you down.....not sure but I don’t think the unnecessary negativity adds to this thread. Let’s move on. 

Doesn’t make much sense, sounds like you want to continually  :deadhorse:  based off an old quote. Maybe you are just rooting for negativity going into the election and the poll recently posted has you down.....not sure but I don’t think the unnecessary negativity adds to this thread. Let’s move on. 
Look here’s my point, if a WR is projected to get 30 yards but gets 45 he beat projections but still is not doing great, right? That’s all I’m saying.

For perspective it’s looking like it’s going to be under 2 for the year heading into the election which is inline with Obama who donald spent years killing on this. Been talked about a lot in these parts with Noonan.

All these numbers are going to be rehashed a lot over the next year, donald has lots of clips taking about this number and how it should be 4 or 5 or 6, so we are just getting a jump on it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread