Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

53 minutes ago, The General said:

Yes. If the original projection was a low number (a number that would mean the economy is in "serious trouble" using Trump's words) and you beat it , it is still a low number right?

Doesn’t make much sense, sounds like you want to continually :deadhorse: based off an old quote. Maybe you are just rooting for negativity going into the election and the poll recently posted has you down.....not sure but I don’t think the unnecessary negativity adds to this thread. Let’s move on. 

• Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Doesn’t make much sense, sounds like you want to continually :deadhorse: based off an old quote. Maybe you are just rooting for negativity going into the election and the poll recently posted has you down.....not sure but I don’t think the unnecessary negativity adds to this thread. Let’s move on. 

Look here’s my point, if a WR is projected to get 30 yards but gets 45 he beat projections but still is not doing great, right? That’s all I’m saying.

For perspective it’s looking like it’s going to be under 2 for the year heading into the election which is inline with Obama who donald spent years killing on this. Been talked about a lot in these parts with Noonan.

All these numbers are going to be rehashed a lot over the next year, donald has lots of clips taking about this number and how it should be 4 or 5 or 6, so we are just getting a jump on it :lol:

11 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

So to sum up the last page or so.  1.9% was an embarrassingly bad number before but it’s now a good number because it beat a projection.  Got it.  

The inaccurate summary isn’t surprising but let’s move on from the ancient talking points. The same people posting the same old talking points in this thread gets a little old. We all appreciate it. 

Just now, GoBirds said:

The inaccurate summary isn’t surprising but let’s move on from the ancient talking points. The same people posting the same old talking points in this thread gets a little old. We all appreciate it. 

Completely agree with your second and third sentences.  

4 hours ago, Shula-holic said:

Trump has taken the lead in the latest USA Today poll over a generic Democrat. I’ll admit I’m a bit surprised it’s this way now. Usually the challengers party has an advantage with an unnamed nominee. From my recollection the unnamed Republican led President Obama until Romney was locked in as the nominee. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/10/30/poll-biden-slips-warren-rises-sanders-buttigieg-top-tier/4096461002/

This really is pretty surprising he is already favored, although the group of golden agers they are putting out there aren’t very inspiring. From that article it sounds like Biden is the guy.....he has seemed lost in the segments of debates I caught. Seems like another poor Clinton-esque strategy.....”let’s just roll out the VP under Barry, we will get the same turnout what could go wrong”.  So out of touch. 

Another reason I like this President so much is his sense of humor.

He tweeted out this pic and was met with the usual shouts of "disrespect" and "obviously PHOTO SHOPPED!!"

Of course it was photo shopped and the recipient who was photo shopped over said that "he didn't mind and found it a fitting tribute for Conan".

I think if people could just drop this faux outrage, they might have some fun with the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, Opie said:

He tweeted out this pic and was met with the usual shouts of "disrespect" and "obviously PHOTO SHOPPED!!"

Of course it was photo shopped and the recipient who was photo shopped over said that "he didn't mind and found it a fitting tribute for Conan".

I think if people could just drop this faux outrage, they might have some fun with the rest of us.

Not sure at all how this was invented to be funny.  I like the gesture the photo intends for sure, and any outrage over it is just lunacy, but still don’t see the humor in it. 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Opie said:

Wait... you thought Trump intended for that picture to be humorous?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Opie said:

Of course it was photo shopped

The President doesn’t photoshop & and it’s pretty doubtful he finds & uploads pics. To me it’s just confirmation he doesn’t write and post everything himself.

Fwiw Trump has never owned a dog and reportedly hates them. I’m surprised given all this anyone would’ve believed that was real.

STEVE BANNON TARGETED 'INCELS' BECAUSE THEY ARE 'EASY TO MANIPULATE,' CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA WHISTLEBLOWER SAYS

His whistleblowing revealed that Cambridge Analytica harvested the profiles of 50 million Facebook users and how that data was used alongside publicly available voter records to identify people more likely to vote for the Trump campaign.

Of those, Wylie said Bannon targeted the men who calls themselves "incels"—also referring to them as "unmarried straight white dudes who couldn't get laid."

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lod001 said:

I can only laugh at the media's take on Trump's obvious opinion on bagdaddy's final moments. I guess they think he was dancing and laughing at his impending death in that tunnel. The media is a total joke. 

They are so desperate to bash anything, it’s pathetic. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I can only laugh at the media's take on Trump's obvious opinion on bagdaddy's final moments. I guess they think he was dancing and laughing at his impending death in that tunnel. The media is a total joke. 

Or the President is a joke for always having to lie about even the things there is no need to lie about?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

So the whistle blower turns out to be a never Trumper that worked for Biden? Raise your hand if shocked. 

More interesting tactics leading up to the election, amazing. 

The yes people culture permeates the Trump administration and many GOP politicians. That's dangerous. Hundreds of people wish there had been a disgruntled Boeing whistleblower, instead of a bunch of yes people. Even Boeing must now see the benefit of whistleblowers. It's not too late to save the GOP.

• Like 1

So the whistle blower turns out to be a never Trumper that worked for Biden? Raise your hand if shocked. 

What happened to conservatives? - This guy, if it is him and it may not be, was retained by and worked for: 1. Michael Flynn, 2. HR McMaster, 3. John Bolton, and 4. Robert O'Brien. You're telling me Michael Flynn hired a "Never Trumper"? All these guys did?

- He worked for the CIA and as such he swears an oath to the Constitution, just like our military and our diplomats who work for all presidents. He would have worked for Biden because Biden oversaw Ukraine policy, and he still works for Trump, because he is an expert in his field. 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What happened to conservatives? - This guy, if it is him and it may not be, was retained by and worked for: 1. Michael Flynn, 2. HR McMaster, 3. John Bolton, and 4. Robert O'Brien. You're telling me Michael Flynn hired a "Never Trumper"?

- He worked for the CIA and as such he swears an oath to the Constitution, just like our military and our diplomats who work for all presidents. He would have worked for Biden because Biden oversaw Ukraine policy, and he still works for Trump. 

Also...from what we know of multiple witnesses testimony...it pretty much backs up his story...correct?

So if you ever voted D or worked for a Democrat you can't report something bad that you hear that a Republican did?  This is getting crazy, only Trump allies can now report bad stuff happening on that side or it's just a witch hunt.

• Like 3

Trump Administration needs to do a better job vetting who has access.  If this ends up being true, this is a character that should only be allowed in the WH as part of a tour group.  

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
21 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

US GDP rose a better-than-expected 1.9% in the third quarter as consumers continued to spend

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Q1 GDP has just been revised down to 1.9% http://1.usa.gov/3hAL The economy is in deep trouble.

12:24 PM - 31 May 2012

• Thinking 1
16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What happened to conservatives? - This guy, if it is him and it may not be, was retained by and worked for: 1. Michael Flynn, 2. HR McMaster, 3. John Bolton, and 4. Robert O'Brien. You're telling me Michael Flynn hired a "Never Trumper"? All these guys did?

- He worked for the CIA and as such he swears an oath to the Constitution, just like our military and our diplomats who work for all presidents. He would have worked for Biden because Biden oversaw Ukraine policy, and he still works for Trump, because he is an expert in his field. 

Registered Democrat held over from the Obama administration. No one is surprised. 

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Registered Democrat held over from the Obama administration. No one is surprised. 

My friend, Trump can call him into his office and fire him. Now. Hell, he was good enough for Flynn, Bolton, McMaster and O'Brien whom Trump just brought on? Seriously? Please 4 NSA's and one president, and Pence, any time now. 

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:
21 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

US GDP rose a better-than-expected 1.9% in the third quarter as consumers continued to spend

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Q1 GDP has just been revised down to 1.9% http://1.usa.gov/3hAL The economy is in deep trouble.

12:24 PM - 31 May 2012

Edited 4 minutes ago by SaintsInDome2006

I'm also beginning to think that Trump may not get a trade boost to the GDP, as China may wait for the next president before any serious negotiations. If so, Trump will say that China is interfering in the USA election, and he could be right.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

My friend, Trump can call him into his office and fire him. Now. Hell, he was good enough for Flynn, Bolton, McMaster and O'Brien whom Trump just brought on? Seriously? Please 4 NSA's and one president, and Pence, any time now. 

Trump said he only surrounds himself with the best people.  Now one of these people report something and all of a sudden he's a terrible person.  I know we've seen this over and over (the best people not turning out to be the best), but maybe this President needs to use some of that executive time he sets aside to actually do some work and get the best people in.  That or stop blaming everyone else for issues with his people around him.

35 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Cool, so did Peter Strzok?

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yes, Strzok did, and he committed the crime of talking presidential politics during an election year with his girlfriend.

So clear bias doesn't bother you and probably where our disconnect lies. 

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

So clear bias doesn't bother you and probably where our disconnect lies. 

In my opinion, government officials - including our military whose personnel often hold views at odds with the president - do their jobs, day in, day out, regardless of the president. The VA, the social security office, the Army, you name it. They do their job.

Anyway, what exactly do you think is the difference between a Democrat and a Republican when it comes to Ukraine? Folks like Ron Johnson, Nancy Pelosi, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Schumer and Ted Cruz all have the same view about our alliance with them. What would a Democrat think vs what would a Republican think, or a liberal vs conservative for that matter? Support Ukraine militarily and in trade and promote democracy, those are things Democrats and Republicans would hold in common, no? Where would bias come in?

• Like 3

In my opinion, government officials - including our military whose personnel often hold views at odds with the president - do their jobs, day in, day out, regardless of the president. The VA, the social security office, the Army, you name it. They do their job.

Anyway, what exactly do you think is the difference between a Democrat and a Republican when it comes to Ukraine? Folks like Ron Johnson, Nancy Pelosi, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Schumer and Ted Cruz all have the same view about our alliance with them. What would a Democrat think vs what would a Republican think, or a liberal vs conservative for that matter? Support Ukraine militarily and in trade and promote democracy, those are things Democrats and Republicans would hold in common, no? Where would bias come in?

Comey Acknowledges Strzok, Page Damaged FBI: ‘It Made Us All Look Bad

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/comey-acknowledges-strzok-page-damaged-fbi-it-made-us-all-look-bad/

“So, do you acknowledge that this whole episode with Strzok and Page, that it damaged the reputation of the FBI and that it perhaps tarnished the investigation?” asked Cooper.

“Definitely,” said Comey. “Yeah. Very painful. It was important that it be investigated, and important that there be discipline that follows it. But yeah, it made us all look bad.”

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I think Ukraine is nothing more than the latest prop for the left to attempt to create outrage, let's see if it sticks. 

• Thanks 4
3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Comey Acknowledges Strzok, Page Damaged FBI: ‘It Made Us All Look Bad

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/comey-acknowledges-strzok-page-damaged-fbi-it-made-us-all-look-bad/

“So, do you acknowledge that this whole episode with Strzok and Page, that it damaged the reputation of the FBI and that it perhaps tarnished the investigation?” asked Cooper.

“Definitely,” said Comey. “Yeah. Very painful. It was important that it be investigated, and important that there be discipline that follows it. But yeah, it made us all look bad.”

Absolutely, and they texted using a government phone, but the reality is that Strzok did his job, and no one, not even Barr has ever pointed to any single improper or prejudiced act that he committed.

• Like 2

Absolutely, and they texted using a government phone, but the reality is that Strzok did his job, and no one, not even Barr has ever pointed to any single improper or prejudiced act that he committed.

The reports/investigations about thIs haven’t been completed as of yet. And he was fired from his job. 

Edited by John Blutarsky
1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

The reports/investigations about thIs haven’t been completed as of yet. And he was fired from his job. 

Agreed, Horowitz, Huber, Durham and Burr are all writing reports, multiple reports. And he's suing the administration for improper termination, so that is in process too.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

A couple different ways to tell the nation that we just offed a bad dude

13 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

I think Ukraine is nothing more than the latest prop for the left to attempt to create outrage, let's see if it sticks. 

A few people disagree: 

Chris Wallace

Lieutenant Colonel and 20 year vet who served in Iraq and as a diplomat who heard entire call

Top U.S. diplomat testified Tuesday that President Donald Trump was holding back military aid for Ukraine unless the country agreed to investigate Democrat

5 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump has done an effective job with the alligators and pythons.  However, draining the swamp means getting down to the small fish and swamp creatures that are not as easy to see.  That will take at least another term.  

Who are the small fish and creatures here? Maybe Michael Flynn who kept the whistleblower on at NSC, or maybe O'Brien the current NSA who kept him in the loop? Vindman, who reports to just two people below Trump? Trump's own nominee as ambassador to Russia who just testified? Maybe Bolton, who reports directly to Trump? Maybe Sondland, who was a yuge Trump contributor and whom Trump appointed to be the EU ambassador? Maybe Mulvaney, who blurted out that the US Gov does quid pro quo like that all the time? The poor man is surrounded it seems.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump has done an effective job with the alligators and pythons.  However, draining the swamp means getting down to the small fish and swamp creatures that are not as easy to see.  That will take at least another term.  

By then he could finish filling entire cabinet with lobbyists!

• Laughing 1
14 minutes ago, The General said:

This is the new normal suggests what Trump was doing is normal and acceptable behavior. You think so?

While alot of what Trump does I'm not crazy about I think he is what you get after the arrogance of the Obama years and with the continued faux rage from the left and daily attempts to find any prop for their outrage I would take him over the Left and it's not even close. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Just now, John Blutarsky said:

Yet this

Former Ukrainian President Poroshenko says he felt no pressure from Trump

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-01/former-ukrainian-president-poroshenko-trump

“There are many people abroad and in Ukraine who would like to pressure me,” Zelensky said. “However, I am president of independent Ukraine and I think it is impossible to influence me.”

He's saying he wasn't influenced, not that he wasn't pressured.

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place