• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

Just now, sho nuff said:

And I don't appreciate you insulting our intelligence claiming it was some term of endearment being used.  The poster in question (not suspended it seems nor should he have been) admitted it was done in jest.  Which is fine...a bit snarky and probably deserving of the warming...but not worth a suspension.

Time to move on from it.

Time for you to leave this thread and stir the pot elsewhere.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Rather than swear at me.  Woukdnt it have been better if he called me darling or sugar instead?  I think so

Or :wub:

The censorship of emoji use around here is what's drug everyone's spirits into the toilet, imo.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Rather than swear at me.  Woukdnt it have been better if he called me darling or sugar instead?  I think so

Perhaps his post was tongue in cheek and we totally missed it ourselves . Definitely possible 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Thank you for giving us an example of bad faith posting . You’re better than this sourness. Please rise above and elevate. The new year is coming! 

And Trump is going to sweep it!!!  Best new year ever!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I thought we were being honest and posting in good faith? Because there is zero way you thought he meant it as a positive term of endearment.  Come in man...its ok to be critical even of those you may agree with.

Speaking of being honest, he literally posted the definition of the word and you're telling him there is zero way that definition fits.  Come on man.  You need a link to the definition as well?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And I don't appreciate you insulting our intelligence claiming it was some term of endearment being used.  The poster in question (not suspended it seems nor should he have been) admitted it was done in jest.  Which is fine...a bit snarky and probably deserving of the warming...but not worth a suspension.

Time to move on from it.

You insulted me a little bit

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
27 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Time for you to leave this thread and stir the pot elsewhere.

Are there other threads where posters are told to go away because they don’t toe the OPs line?  Kind of weird that opposing opinions are discouraged.

You be you though. 

18 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

NBC News' Chuck Todd suggests Trump voters 'want to be lied to,' believe in 'fairy tales' like Noah's Ark

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-chuck-todd-trump-voters-lied-noahs-ark

Stupid of Chuck.

My ex boss, one of the smartest people I’ve ever met, was an evangelical and he 100% thought Noah’s Ark was an actual historical event.  Faith can overcome all it seems. 

11 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Are there other threads where posters are told to go away because they don’t toe the OPs line?  Kind of weird that opposing opinions are discouraged.

You be you though. 

Every single thread does.  Every single one is supposed to stay on topic and trolls are told to leave.  Every single one.  Wow.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

You be you though. 

All he does is troll in this thread. It’s not hard to understand. He probably has the most posts in this thread.

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Link of posters being asked to leave por favor 

Absolutely, you really should provide links to backup your claim.  I'll return in kind.

4 hours ago, tonydead said:

Please link to some of this pre/post G7 coverage of Camp David that was shown on everyone's tv.  TIA

8 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Link of posters being asked to leave por favor 

"I think that when any person just tries to troll another and see what kind of reaction they can get. I don't like it here either. We can't do anything about others promoting stuff like this. We can do something about it here. Thanks."  - Joe Bryant

So weird that you somehow think trolling is welcome or even tolerated here.  Could explain your behavior though.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tonydead said:

"I think that when any person just tries to troll another and see what kind of reaction they can get. I don't like it here either. We can't do anything about others promoting stuff like this. We can do something about it here. Thanks."  - Joe Bryant

So weird that you somehow think trolling is welcome or even tolerated here.  Could explain your behavior though.  

I legit don’t think I’m trolling but I’ll step out since I’m pretty sure some Trump supporter has either reported me already or soon will.

13 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I legit don’t think I’m trolling but I’ll step out since I’m pretty sure some Trump supporter has either reported me already or soon will.

The discussion was about Sho. And to be fair I don’t think he is deliberately trolling either, I genuinely think he can’t comprehend what he is doing despite it being pointed out over and over.  

But make no mistake, when you come to The Great Place thread and post this

8 hours ago, James Daulton said:

So noble.  Yet his resorts are ringing up bigly millions in profits from the forced secret service and security spending at them.

So pardon me if I scoff at his couple hundred thousand dollar annual "donation."

In response to a link about Trump donating his salary, yeah that’s trolling. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The discussion was about Sho. And to be fair I don’t think he is deliberately trolling either, I genuinely think he can’t comprehend what he is doing despite it being pointed out over and over.  

But make no mistake, when you come to The Great Place thread and post this

In response to a link about Trump donating his salary, yeah that’s trolling. 

And the assertions about me were flat out false.  My posts have been about the topics being discussed.    Ive kept them about the posts and what was being said.  Id expect the same in return.

40 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And the assertions about me were flat out false.  My posts have been about the topics being discussed.    Ive kept them about the posts and what was being said.  Id expect the same in return.

You continue to reinforce my opinion. Most of the time you would be able to say trolling posts are about the topic.  That’s not the requirement that determines if they are trolling or not.lol

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 2
Just now, sho nuff said:

Then be consistent tony.  Call all of it out...because you k ow that there are other posts just trolling actual people on here.

And still don’t think anything i have posted was trolling...if it is...quit complaining and report it.  The constant bogus assertion of others trolling has gotten old and tired.

You troll this thread non stop.

So we carry on to another day , the unwelcomeness of Trump supporters/voters is palpable as we hang on to our tenuous ability to converse with like minded people  here. Tomorrow is New Years Eve and hope for a bright 2020 for all . We push forward with a happy heart that Donald is our President and works like no other President in recent memory to better all the citizens of the great USA. Onwards and upwards my friends. 

• Like 3

I don’t defend President Trump very often, and especially don’t defend his immigration policies which I disagree with 100%. But- 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/linda-ronstadt-trump-hitler-mexicans-new-jews.amp

Linda Ronstadt compares Trump to Hitler and calls Mexicans the “new Jews.”

Now I’ve always liked Linda, though I was unaware of her political views. But this is way over the top and frankly Trump doesn’t deserve it; neither does ICE. As I wrote I detest their policies. But they’re not Nazis and they’re not exterminating anybody. As a child and grandchild of Holocaust survivors I find this rhetoric offensive. 

I don’t think Trump will win re-election, but if he does it will be in part because certain liberal types have gone off the deep end. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, timschochet said:

I don’t defend President Trump very often, and especially don’t defend his immigration policies which I disagree with 100%. But- 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/linda-ronstadt-trump-hitler-mexicans-new-jews.amp

Now I’ve always liked Linda, though I was unaware of her political views. But this is way over the top and frankly Trump doesn’t deserve it; neither does ICE. As I wrote I detest their policies. But they’re not Nazis and they’re not exterminating anybody. As a child and grandchild of Holocaust survivors I find this rhetoric offensive. 

I don’t think Trump will win re-election, but if he does it will be in part because certain liberal types have gone off the deep end. 

Isn’t Linda in pretty bad health?  Early onset dementia I thought I read a while back?

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

she sounds like she posted here for the 1st two to three  years of Trumps presidency. Let’s not forget all the talking heads on CNN/msnbc and print media etc pushing the hitler narrative . 

• Like 4

US presses Iraq to protect American personnel after embassy attack: ‘There will be no Benghazis’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-presses-iraq-to-protect-american-personnel-after-embassy-attack-there-will-be-no-benghazis

A U.S. defense official told Fox News that 100 Marines are being sent to the embassy to bolster security. A U.S. Apache helicopter gunship also flew over the embassy and dropped flares in a “show of force,” attempting to disperse the crowd. Defense Secretary Mark Esper later confirmed additional forces are being sent.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

US presses Iraq to protect American personnel after embassy attack: ‘There will be no Benghazis’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-presses-iraq-to-protect-american-personnel-after-embassy-attack-there-will-be-no-benghazis

A U.S. defense official told Fox News that 100 Marines are being sent to the embassy to bolster security. A U.S. Apache helicopter gunship also flew over the embassy and dropped flares in a “show of force,” attempting to disperse the crowd. Defense Secretary Mark Esper later confirmed additional forces are being sent.

Good.  That's the kind of response needed. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Happy New Year my MAGA brothers.  He’s to another electoral landslide for Trump in 2020.  

:suds:

We're going to have quite a party come November. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RBM said:

We're going to have quite a party come November. 

While I'm cautiously optimistic, I'd rather not celebrate until AFTER the election is won.  The Democrats did stuff like this during the run-up to the 2016 election and that blew up in their faces.

No way I want that to happen to me.  :)

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

While I'm cautiously optimistic, I'd rather not celebrate until AFTER the election is won.  The Democrats did stuff like this during the run-up to the 2016 election and that blew up in their faces.

Just don’t offer 7:1 odds.  

12 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Luckily it is still the same Democrats who ran bad campaigns and sold each other out that Trump is running against in 2016.  I don't feel the DNC learned from their mistakes in 2016 either.  Some on this board will even deny that there were any missteps by the DNC or Hillary leading up to the election.  They are convinced that half the country is racists.

The black vote is moving more and more republican and even citing these statistics, they take that vote for granted. 

I think Pete probably has the best chance of the bunch.  Biden is a mess and we're going to hear about his family issues for the next 11 months.  Bernie will get shut out by his own party.  Warren has lost all steam and she comes off as the most two faced person on that stage.  Pete is making some rookie mistakes, but might be their candidate.  Yang is a guy who could actually beat Trump, but again the DNC has no interest in supporting him.

It's Trump's race to lose.  I'd like to see him tone it down a bit after this impeachment stuff passes.  He is getting a lot of support because of how the establishment has treated him.  Once he comes out on top of the Impeachment, he shouldn't gloat about it too much as I think that would be counterproductive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy new year to my favorite Trump fans! 

As far as his re-election chances, just too many unknowns. Two days ago I could not have told you that 2020 would begin with twin crisis in North Korea and Iran/Iraq. What will these result in? What other events will occur between now and November? Heck at this point we don’t even know if the impeachment trial will have witnesses. 

Like trying to do a sudoku puzzle with no numbers on the board yet 

• Like 1

Exclusive: Trump list shows 319 'results' and promises kept in three years

by Paul Bedard 

| December 31, 2019 02:48 PM

by Paul Bedard

| December 31, 2019 02:48 PM

One month shy of completing three years in office, President Trump has fulfilled or is making significant progress on most of his 2016 campaign promises, which aides said give him a strong reelection argument to counter his impeachment by a bitterly partisan House last week.

As the president and his team ready for the 2020 campaign at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, officials said it would be built on the administration's achievements list of 15 categories and 319 “results.”

Vice President Mike Pence told Secrets that the message is simple: “Promises made, promises kept.” Pence, who has already hit the campaign trail in a specially outfitted Trump-Pence bus, added, “Thanks to President Trump’s leadership, we are living in a stronger and more secure America with the best economy in the history of this country.”

In looking at the extensive administration “results” list provided to Secrets, pollster Jonathan Zogby said, “You really see the genesis of why Trump was elected in 2016 and will probably not be hampered by the Democratic impeachment and wins reelection in 2020.”

Certainly, he will need a big list to overcome being only the third president in U.S. history to be impeached. But Trump appears to be starting with polls on his side, many showing that a majority want him punished but not removed from office and others showing that voters don’t believe any of the top Democratic candidates can beat the Republican.

“If things continue the way they are until Election Day, it’s hard to see how Trump can lose, and it might even become more clear to all voters as to why the Democrats rushed a partisan impeachment of a president who has delivered on a lot of campaign promises,” Zogby added.

The list provided to Secrets is the latest update of initiatives, executive orders, accomplishments, results, and brags with a focus on the improved economy, trade, energy independence, job creation, cuts to illegal immigration, the president’s America First foreign policy, help for veterans, cutting eight regulations for every new one, packing courts with conservatives, and Trump's record of becoming the nation’s most anti-abortion chief executive.

It also charted Trump's successes in killing more than a dozen major Obama-era initiatives.

Officials said the list would be longer if key agency initiatives were also included, such as the Department of Transportation’s move to boost rural infrastructure and the Interior Department’s expansion of areas open for hikers, hunters, and anglers.

Critics of the president have claimed that his achievements are overshadowed by multiple court setbacks, tussles with foreign leaders, an exploding deficit, and the Democrat’s investigations. But his supporters point to just the last few weeks when, as he was being impeached, he won some of his biggest policy victories, such as agreement on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement and creation of the Space Force.

Presidential historian Doug Wead said: "Historians of the future will come racing back to this Trump era with amazement. The list of presidents on either side will be a boring blur by comparison. Of course, the economic numbers from the Trump time will be telling. They don't lie. And they point to a great presidency."

Pence suggested that his and Trump’s bid to improve the country are most important to voters, and he regularly uses his campaign stops to point that out.

He told Secrets: “Over the past three years, we’ve continued to deliver on our promise to put American workers and American jobs first: We’ve cut taxes, rolled back regulations, and fought for reciprocal trade. In the past three years, seven million new jobs have been created, wages are rising at record pace, and unemployment is at a 50-year low. We negotiated a new strong pro-American trade deal with China and the USMCA, and created the Space Force. We’ve continued our commitment to rebuilding our military, standing with our allies, standing up to our enemies, taking on ISIS, reducing illegal crossings by 75% since May, and confirming more than 170 conservatives to our federal courts — including two Supreme Court justices.”

And Zogby said: “The impeachment of Trump will play little into how voters decide who should be president in 2020. Remember, it's the economy stupid, and you can't impeach that.”

The Trump "results" release provided to Secrets is below.

• Thanks 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place