What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

The renewal of the FISA is what made it illegal. 

An FBI lawyer is possibly going to jail over this. 
But that isn’t what Horowitz said...he stated it was legal and proper...didn't he?  Even the renewal.  In what was was it illegal...please cote something stating this...because the IG did not.

A former lawyer possibly going to jail...maybe...but based on what?  Lets see an indictment rather than a referral first.  As we heard that based on referrals and grand juries refused to indict people.

Nobody messes with an alpha.  

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

1/1/20, 11:46 AM

BREAKING:

Iranian-backed terrorists have withdrawn from their protests & attacks at the US Embassy in Iraq

No American fatalities

No lies

No cover-ups

This was the complete opposite of Benghazi

Hey, ⁦‪@HillaryClinton‬⁩—THIS is what real leadership looks like

It would be great if the situation was as resolved as you’re claiming here but unfortunately that’s not the case. Things are temporarily stabilized and that’s a good thing but the future remains unknown. 

It’s also a bit disingenuous to compare the US embassy in Bagdad, one of the most well protected and secure buildings in the world, to the unsecured non-embassy that we occupied in Benghazi.  

It would be great if the situation was as resolved as you’re claiming here but unfortunately that’s not the case. Things are temporarily stabilized and that’s a good thing but the future remains unknown. 

It’s also a bit disingenuous to compare the US embassy in Bagdad, one of the most well protected and secure buildings in the world, to the unsecured non-embassy that we occupied in Benghazi.  
If only requests for more security in Benghazi had happened.

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2016/oct/07/paul-ryan/state-department-under-hillary-clinton-refused-sec/

"There are disagreements about whether State acted reasonably, but that it didn't honor requests for additional security is established fact," said Georgetown University adjunct assistant professor Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, who is also a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, which focuses on foreign policy and national security.  

The State Department has acknowledged it rejected requests to provide more security personnel in Libya. It also acknowledged rejecting a request to erect guard towers at the Benghazi mission, but notes that a number of physical security upgrades, such as the installation of concrete barriers to block unused gates, were made during 2012.

The State Department’s own Accountability Review Board concluded that the number of diplomatic security staff in Benghazi in the months leading up to the attacks was inadequate "despite repeated requests" from the Benghazi mission and the embassy in Tripoli for additional staffing.

In addition, PolitiFact National has reported that the numerous requests from officials on the ground in Libya for better security for the Benghazi compound are undeniable and well-documented.

I agree and so did Hillary Clinton. In her testimony to Congress she acknowledged that mistakes were made, delays that could have been avoided, errors in judgment. She apologized for all of it as Secretary of State. What she did NOT do is admit to some sort of deliberate conspiracy which some conservatives at the time were claiming (which was utter nonsense.) 

But it’s still not comparable. Had the Benghazi compound been more secure some lives might have been saved but the final result would have been the same, because it was an indefensible building to begin with, completely different from our embassy in Bagdad. 

You’ll note I am not criticizing President Trump’s actions in the last few days, (if I did I wouldn’t choose to post it in this thread, which I respect as a place for positive posts about the President.) I just don’t think it’s fair of @knowledge dropper and others to attempt to use this situation as way to denigrate Obama and Hillary over what happened in Benghazi, which was completely different. 

I agree and so did Hillary Clinton. In her testimony to Congress she acknowledged that mistakes were made, delays that could have been avoided, errors in judgment. She apologized for all of it as Secretary of State. What she did NOT do is admit to some sort of deliberate conspiracy which some conservatives at the time were claiming (which was utter nonsense.) 

But it’s still not comparable. Had the Benghazi compound been more secure some lives might have been saved but the final result would have been the same, because it was an indefensible building to begin with, completely different from our embassy in Bagdad. 

You’ll note I am not criticizing President Trump’s actions in the last few days, (if I did I wouldn’t choose to post it in this thread, which I respect as a place for positive posts about the President.) I just don’t think it’s fair of @knowledge dropper and others to attempt to use this situation as way to denigrate Obama and Hillary over what happened in Benghazi, which was completely different. 
I'd like to see links on this? Others? And from what I have seen, KD posted a tweet and it didn't mention Obama.

I like administrations that fix problems before they fix blame.  
Hmm. I find myself unable to respond to this post in such a way that does not point out serious deficiencies in our current President, which I won’t do in this thread. So let’s just say I find your statement to be rather incompatible with your expressed support of Donald Trump. 

But that isn’t what Horowitz said...he stated it was legal and proper...didn't he?  Even the renewal.  In what was was it illegal...please cote something stating this...because the IG did not.

A former lawyer possibly going to jail...maybe...but based on what?  Lets see an indictment rather than a referral first.  As we heard that based on referrals and grand juries refused to indict people.
absolutely not.  Horowitz never said the FISA warrants were legal and proper.  The FBI lying to FISA courts and misrepresenting facts deprived the court the ability to make informed decisions.  So the FISA was continued under false pretenses or fraudulently.   This was so bad, the FISA courts came out publicly and are making the FBI state why they should be allowed to use FISA going forward and come up with a list of corrective actions to ensure this won't happen again.

The lawyer is going to jail because an email said "Carter Page is a source for the CIA".  the Lawyer changed it to "Carter Page is not a source for the CIA" and that is what they submitted to the courts.  If you can't see the wrongdoing in that, I can't help you. 

absolutely not.  Horowitz never said the FISA warrants were legal and proper.  The FBI lying to FISA courts and misrepresenting facts deprived the court the ability to make informed decisions.  So the FISA was continued under false pretenses or fraudulently.   This was so bad, the FISA courts came out publicly and are making the FBI state why they should be allowed to use FISA going forward and come up with a list of corrective actions to ensure this won't happen again.

The lawyer is going to jail because an email said "Carter Page is a source for the CIA".  the Lawyer changed it to "Carter Page is not a source for the CIA" and that is what they submitted to the courts.  If you can't see the wrongdoing in that, I can't help you. 
Link where Horowitz said the FISA warrants were illegal?  Who will be going to jail for the unlawful FISA abuse?  Besides the low level lawyer for a couple of days. 

Link where Horowitz said the FISA warrants were illegal?  Who will be going to jail for the unlawful FISA abuse?  Besides the low level lawyer for a couple of days. 
Im not sure if Horowitz called them illegal. I believe his terminology was obtained under false pretenses. Which isnt "legal and proper". 

No one is going to jail outside of that lawyer that I know of.

Im not sure if Horowitz called them illegal. I believe his terminology was obtained under false pretenses. Which isnt "legal and proper". 

If they were obtained illegally, Horowitz would have called it out and recommended people for prosecution.  While the FISA process clearly needs more oversite, it was not used to spy on Trump. 

Max Power said:

He didn’t go beyond the Page Fisa as far as that’s concerned.

He was a terrorist first and foremost to us. A terrorist that was actively planning to kill American citizens. What in God's name is wrong with you?
I'm sick of dead soldiers that got that way fighting in wars that are completely unnecessary and frankly unwanted. I'm sick of the hawkish attitude that says pretty much exactly what you just said. By your logic, we should just glass the whole region while we're at it. 

That's what in God's name is wrong with me. You want a war, you go fight it.

Are you suggesting they know better than the extreme left that bash everything under a trump presidency?😂
The feeling is that we have run the gamut in regards to our responses to Iranian and Iranian sponsored hostilities.  Iran continued to poke the bear and after emerging threat streams appeared credible, the US executed a time sensitive strike.  Iran has operated without repercussions for a while now. 

I'm not going to say if this was the right or wrong thing to do, but I'll say that this was a military recommendation. We have game planed for this and calculated the response. 

I'm sick of dead soldiers that got that way fighting in wars that are completely unnecessary and frankly unwanted. I'm sick of the hawkish attitude that says pretty much exactly what you just said. By your logic, we should just glass the whole region while we're at it. 

That's what in God's name is wrong with me. You want a war, you go fight it.
He was already killing American soldiers. I guess you're option is to let that continue. You're a real patriot. 

Everyday we have to remember the true tenet of most here is Orange Man Bad
:goodposting:

Every day we have to remember the Orange Man Bad crew are wrong about almost every prediction they make. Steele Dossier, Russian Collusion, pushing the imminent recession narrative last year. 

The anti-Trump crew is almost always on the wrong side of history and that won’t change in 2020. 

Everyday we have to remember the true tenet of most here is Orange Man Bad
Seriously, we get it, they spend all day complaining about him. No matter what the issue they have to come in here and act like it’s the end of the world.....like groundhogs day with the same characters for 3 years. Every other thread in this forum is for that type complaining......yet they come?

Remember., this is coming from the same guy who is going to fully support Joe Biden who got us into this mess in the first place. President Trump is just trying to clean up Biden’s mess.
He did? :o

Wow! I didn't expect the take that this is all Biden's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, we get it, they spend all day complaining about him. No matter what the issue they have to come in here and act like it’s the end of the world.....like groundhogs day with the same characters for 3 years. Every other thread in this forum is for that type complaining......yet they come?
They are still batting ZERO. Trump with a masterful no hits, no runs and definitely no errors perfect game.

Remember., this is coming from the same guy who is going to fully support Joe Biden who got us into this mess in the first place. President Trump is just trying to clean up Biden’s mess.
Don't put words in my mouth, especially about things you don't understand. 

Users who are viewing this thread