• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• The General

• SaintsInDome2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

3 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

What's wrong with it?

I hate it’s use here.  

Edited by dkp993
Re answered the question as I read it wrong the first time
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Actually by quite a bit more. We won’t even start to see the effects of the tax cut until this year. 

I know, but didn't want to lose them with those kinds of details. Was just pointing out that even the stats they think "owned" somebody point out that Trump's deficit is worse than Obamas. :doh:

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lol. Who are we kidding here? First two years. Talk about cherry picking. "Let's see- how can I make Obama's spending look as bad as possible and yet excuse Bush and Trump? Wait, I know!" :lmao:

The linked article included a projection for Trump through two terms with known things that are due to affect the deficit like tax reform.  There is nothing you can do for the future except a projection, unless you  have some sort of crystal ball everyone else doesn't.  And I have no reason to defend Trump much less Bush.  The numbers are straight from Business Insider.

Really Tim, it's emotional knee jerk posts like this that really take away from you.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I know you already know who, but I'll bite: People who primarily get their news from Fox News and/or support Trump.

Those aren't my people.  Thanks for further pointing out your prejudices, as though MAGATs wasn't enough.  

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lol. Who are we kidding here? First two years. Talk about cherry picking. "Let's see- how can I make Obama's spending look as bad as possible and yet excuse Bush and Trump? Wait, I know!" :lmao:

Trump has only been President for 2 full years? How is that cherry picking?Seems appropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

C'mon, there have to be better answers than "Trump is a rock star at his rallies" from some of you guys. You're able to argue economics, immigration, health care and a ton of other subjects with knowledge and enthusiasm; how do you talk realistically and analytically about the election when you're among yourselves? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

You don't plan to vote for Trump in 2020?

Way too early to tell, I never decide who I vote for before the final debates.  I have to LISTEN and figure out who I believe is going to be the best president for the issues I am concerned about.  I can tell you that I didn't vote for him in 2016 and I voted for Obama twice the previous two elections.  I don't remember much before that, but, I am sure I never voted for anyone named Bush. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Actually by quite a bit more. We won’t even start to see the effects of the tax cut until this year. 

I think we’re seeing the effect in the stock market.  Which is smoking hot

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

And this is awfully cute wordplay. I'm busy but let's revisit this.

The projection is in the graphic you  just posted.

ETA:  Obama first 2 years $3.46, Trump $2.07.  That's "straight up", i.e. not percentage.  Same with the projection:  $8.95 vs. $8.78.  I don't see anything cute in my word play.

Edited by tonydead
3 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

C'mon, there have to be better answers than "Trump is a rock star at his rallies" from some of you guys. You're able to argue economics, immigration, health care and a ton of other subjects with knowledge and enthusiasm; how do you talk realistically and analytically about the election when you're among yourselves? 

:shrug:

I’ve never met a dude that would vote for most of the D crew over Trump.  

9 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The projection is in the graphic you  just posted.

ETA:  Obama first 2 years $3.46, Trump $2.07.  That's "straight up", i.e. not percentage.  Same with the projection:  $8.95 vs. $8.78.  I don't see anything cute in my word play.

But at the basis that doesn't make sense to do first 2 years vs 1st 2 years. It should be last 2 years - which was the economy and how Trump found it - and what Trump has done in the first two years - ie what he has done with what he has found.

What is that comp, last 2 Obama vs 1st 2 Trump?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Way too early to tell, I never decide who I vote for before the final debates.  I have to LISTEN and figure out who I believe is going to be the best president for the issues I am concerned about.  I can tell you that I didn't vote for him in 2016 and I voted for Obama twice the previous two elections.  I don't remember much before that, but, I am sure I never voted for anyone named Bush. 

Good for you - and I genuinely mean that with zero snark. But please keep in mind that actions speak louder than words and Trump has proven to be full of lies. 

FWIW, I voted for Gary Johnson :shrug:

What are the issues you deem most important?

Mine:
1) Corruption (campaign finance, lobbyists, super PACs all represent serious problems to our democracy)
2) Finances (federal and trade deficits need to be drastically improved)
3) Bank reform (ties into #1, but Obama's wrist slaps have pretty much all been removed
4) Environment (let's act responsibly)

Gun laws, LGBT stuff, abortion, immigration, race relations, healthcare... they're not non-issues by any stretch, but if our country had a sort of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, those wouldn't even be brought up in the debates right now. It's ok to care about these things, but people should really consider a weighted approach to the issues. 

• Thinking 1
16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

But at the basis that doesn't make sense to do first 2 years vs 1st 2 years. It should be last 2 years - which was the economy and how Trump found it - and what Trump has done in the first two years - ie what he has done with what he has found.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most dollar-wise. He added $8.588 trillion. This 74 percent increase was the fifth-largest. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package. It added $831 billionby cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding public works projects.

The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt in two years. Obama's budget increased defense spending to between $700 billion and $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. But these savings didn't show up until the later years. 

35 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

:shrug:

I’ve never met a dude that would vote for most of the D crew over Trump.  

That's not what I'm talking about. You can still discuss elections with people with whom you agree. Discussions are going on all the time on social media about election forecasting, admittedly most of it from Dem-leaning voters. Polls, historical tendencies, demographic changes -- all of those are tools we use as part of the discussion. But if you don't trust the data, what do you base your discussions on?

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Have you asked?

No, but i don't need to as I know they wouldn't be made available to me or anyone else.  Nor should they be.  Its really a pretty strange position you all seem to be taking with this.

Donald Trump on the detention camps at the border:

Our Border Patrol people are not hospital workers, doctors or nurses. The Democrats bad Immigration Laws, which could be easily fixed, are the problem. Great job by Border Patrol, above and beyond. Many of these illegals aliens are living far better now than where they came from, and in far safer conditions. No matter how good things actually look, even if perfect, the Democrat visitors will act shocked & aghast at how terrible things are. Just Pols. If they really want to fix them, change the Immigration Laws and Loopholes. So easy to do!

Now, if you really want to fix the Crisis at the Southern Border, both humanitarian and otherwise, tell migrants not to come into our country unless they are willing to do so legally, and hopefully through a system based on Merit. This way we have no problems at all!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

You claimed I was ignoring data that isn't available.   Do you see a problem with that claim?

I have several suspension time data points.   One of those data points consists of a time out of 0 (zero) for a poster who called all Trump supporters maggots and traitors.  Based on what we have so far it doesn't appear to be a myth at all.

I didn't really use the word “data” did I?  I claimed you were ignoring the other side...and the fact that others get suspended as well.

We don't know yet of he would be suspended so it's not a great data point its  not an immediate thing.  Nor is it a true data point as there are plenty of other infractions that go unpunished.

Edited by sho nuff
10 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Good for you - and I genuinely mean that with zero snark. But please keep in mind that actions speak louder than words and Trump has proven to be full of lies. 

Mine:
1) Corruption (campaign finance, lobbyists, super PACs all represent serious problems to our democracy)
3) Bank reform (ties into #1, but Obama's wrist slaps have pretty much all been removed

Gun laws, LGBT stuff, abortion, immigration, race relations, healthcare... they're not non-issues by any stretch, but if our country had a sort of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, those wouldn't even be brought up in the debates right now. It's ok to care about these things, but people should really consider a weighted approach to the issues. 

For sure I will consider what Trump has done the first 4 years when he tells me what he plans to do the next 4, but, "full of lies" makes it sound like you've taken the opposite of a typical MAGA person, as in everything Trump has done is bad, and that's not true.  

42 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Apples to apples.  First two years.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I didn't really use the word “data” did I?  I claimed you were ignoring the other side...and the fact that others get suspended as well.

We don't know yet of hr”e would be suspended so it's not a great data pointIts not an immediate thing.  Nor is it a true data point as there are plenty of other infractions that go unpunished.

I'm not talking about unpunished infractions.   It's a requirement that data points be from both sides, otherwise there is no comparison.   

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

For sure I will consider what Trump has done the first 4 years when he tells me what he plans to do the next 4, but, "full of lies" makes it sound like you've taken the opposite of a typical MAGA person, as in everything Trump has done is bad, and that's not true.  

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion. On that topic, I would shy away from saying "everything" but I'd say he's easily done way more harm than good.

But by me saying he's proven to be full of lies I mean that it is easy to point out many, many lies since he puts so much on twitter. He's even done things that he has criticized others for doing. Aside from all the harm he's done, he's a national embarrassment. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

We don't know yet of hr”e would be suspended so it's not a great data pointIts not an immediate thing.  Nor is it a true data point as there are plenty of other infractions that go unpunished.

HTH:

2 hours ago, tonydead said:

I am in fact waiting on a data point to come in on the other side.  Hopefully, and rightfully, it should take a while.  Link to the data I'm ignoring please.

Just now, tonydead said:

I'm not talking about unpunished infractions.   It's a requirement that data points be from both sides, otherwise there is no comparison.   

You just used an unpunished infraction and called it a data point.

There is no comparison because it appears you refuse to admit others get suspended.  Which all still seems more of a point for the moderation thread (or by discussing privately with a mod rather than in here or there) than continuing on this ridiculous notion and wanting data about suspensions.

50 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

35 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Mine:

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Where?  Link?

There

2 hours ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:  When asked to back up something I claimed, I do..................................................when available.

Yes, how dare he refuse to submit unavailable data! :doh:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

There

Neither of those dispute that it's an apples to apples comparison, time wise, which was SID's question.   If you want to argue different circumstances, go ahead.  Nothing I posted refutes any of that.

Come on guys. Nobody wants to read about infractions or suspensions.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Trump? Let's talk about what he just tweeted. It's awful, as ugly as anything he's ever written.

Starting with the fact that he wants people to think the migrants are all illegal immigrants (they're legally seeking asylum.) Then for him to write, "if they're unhappy about the conditions, just tell them not to come." Just reprehensible. Is this really what people want in their President? Maybe it is. Guess we'll find out.

11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

No, but i don't need to as I know they wouldn't be made available to me or anyone else.  Nor should they be.  Its really a pretty strange position you all seem to be taking with this.

You claim over and over how the moderation is here but can't back it up with facts. Once again... Your opinion isn't a fact. 

11 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion. On that topic, I would shy away from saying "everything" but I'd say he's easily done way more harm than good.

But by me saying he's proven to be full of lies I mean that it is easy to point out many, many lies since he puts so much on twitter. He's even done things that he has criticized others for doing. Aside from all the harm he's done, he's a national embarrassment. 

Easy, you came in this thread and called everyone that supported him maggots and traitors.

11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You just used an unpunished infraction and called it a data point.

There is no comparison because it appears you refuse to admit others get suspended.  Which all still seems more of a point for the moderation thread (or by discussing privately with a mod rather than in here or there) than continuing on this ridiculous notion and wanting data about suspensions.

If it turns out he gets suspended I will change the data point from 0 days.  

For the false claim in bold I'm going to demand a link.

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Come on guys. Nobody wants to read about infractions or suspensions.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Trump? Let's talk about what he just tweeted. It's awful, as ugly as anything he's ever written.

Starting with the fact that he wants people to think the migrants are all illegal immigrants (they're legally seeking asylum.) Then for him to write, "if they're unhappy about the conditions, just tell them not to come." Just reprehensible. Is this really what people want in their President? Maybe it is. Guess we'll find out.

The message got out that you could abuse the asylum laws.  The message can get out that the detention facilities are full.

Just now, tonydead said:

Easy, you came in this thread and called everyone that supported him maggots and traitors.

You keep saying that, but I believe it was you who claimed the T stood for traitor. I was previously unaware. I also didn't use the phrase against anyone in specific. 

But really you're taking a typical pro-Trump stance here. Rather than explain how you drew the conclusion or admit it was a strange reach, you deflect with some whataboutism. 

This thread turned into a real sandbox.  Yikes.  

Back on topic, Trump’s callous and reprehensible tweets today about the suffering of thousands of people at the border is so on brand for him.  And tomorrow he gets to play dress up dictator in an embarrassing display totally unbecoming of America.  I can only imagine the disgust and embarrassment in the halls of the pentagon.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The message got out that you could abuse the asylum laws.  The message can get out that the detention facilities are full.

They’re not full. We’re not full either. And why would anyone want to send such an awful message? 

38 minutes ago, timschochet said:

they're legally seeking asylum

The majority are being disingenuous, very disingenuous. It’s a BS way to get in and get a monthly $. The system is broken 

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place