• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

1 minute ago, boots11234 said:

Is the White House a cultural center?  If so point me to where the outrage is that Iran has threatened it. 

I don't get your point here.

You think people in this thread are supporting Iran?

Is the White House a cultural center?  If so point me to where the outrage is that Iran has threatened it. 

Sure if Trump is counting the state buildings of Iran as cultural/religious centers he is just making stuff up like usual. And that was Pompeo's claim. I will put you down as (1). Thanks for the response. 

Take this to the Iran the whatever place 2020 thread.

You see, as an American citizen, what our POTUS does is of more concern to me then what countries like Iran do and I like to believe we are above acting like that.

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Sure if Trump is counting the state buildings of Iran as cultural/religious centers he is just making stuff up like usual. And that was Pompeo's claim. I will put you down as (1). Thanks for the response. 

By next week a 7-11 in Tehran will be a “cultural center”

• Laughing 3
Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I think that makes it 3 votes for (1) never happened (Boots, KCutter & HT), and 1 vote for (2) not a You Know What (KD). 

Bluto is a "Present".

I understand it was a tough loss but you don’t have to be so pissy this morning 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Buddy Saints fans are pretty well acquainted with the morning after. Thank you for the kind words though, it does suck.

Not to get off topic but honestly you got screwed on 2 TD’s. And I’m from MN. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

We are not at war. 

Ok...what does that have to do with what is going on?  If Trump followed through on his thread and hits the places he threatened...it would still be a war crime even if no war is declared by congress.

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Ok...what does that have to do with what is going on?  If Trump followed through on his thread and hits the places he threatened...it would still be a war crime even if no war is declared by congress.

How could following through on his Twitter thread be a war crime?   

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I thought you were kidding, but these silly geese have actually made hypothetical war crimes their latest snipe hunt.  Unbelievable.  

Heaven forbid we take threats from POTUS seriously.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

I thought you were kidding, but these silly geese have actually made hypothetical war crimes their latest snipe hunt.  Unbelievable.  

Upon reflection I agree with you. It is purely hypothetical. I don’t believe President Trump will ever bomb a cultural target or even come close to doing so. He talked about doing it in order to make his supporters go “Hell YEAH!” and to piss off liberals, (which also makes his supporters go “Hell YEAH!”) 

Problem is when he says this stuff Iranians hear it too. 

5 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

His ordering the extrajudicial assassination of Soleimani during peace time was a criminal act. If he goes through with his threat of retaliatory strikes against cultural targets that will change hypothetical war crimes to actual ones (this is not something a POTUS should ever talk about even as a hypothetical). 

6 minutes ago, squistion said:
17 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

His ordering the extrajudicial assassination of Soleimani during peace time was a criminal act

Get out of here with this BS. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, squistion said:

His ordering the extrajudicial assassination of Soleimani during peace time was a criminal act. If he goes through with his threat of retaliatory strikes against cultural targets that will change hypothetical war crimes to actual ones (this is not something a POTUS should ever talk about even as a hypothetical). 

The Commander in Chief--who has access to exponentially more intel than us--made a decision based on intel.  And rather than accepting that he knows more than you--you jump at the chance to label him a Criminal.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jm192 said:

The Commander in Chief--who has access to exponentially more intel than us--made a decision based on intel.  And rather than accepting that he knows more than you--you jump at the chance to label him a Criminal.

Trump hate has created some strange bedfellows for the Resistance.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jm192 said:

On Friday, we can't take anything the man-child says seriously

On Monday, how can we not take him seriously?

Believe him when he explains things or makes a claim why he dod something?  No

Take threats seriously?  Yes

Try using the defense in court.  Well your hi or, you see, Im such a liar my threats shouldn't be illegal.

Note:  Im not saying the threat alone is illegal for Trump.

4 minutes ago, jm192 said:

You can have intel and still possibly be a criminal.  You get that, right?

19 minutes ago, jm192 said:

What was the legal basis that the assassination of Soleimani based on? Trump has yet to provide proof of this so called "imminent threat" (which seems to be the new version of WMD). International law frowns on going around and killing governmental leaders of other nations just because we think they are bad guys or perceive them as some sort of future threat. 

Edited by squistion
1 minute ago, squistion said:

What was the legal basis that the assassination of Soleimani based on? Trump has yet to provide proof

Nor should he provide proof especially if it tips people off how we gather intel. This isn’t a movie or tv show

and btw Soleimani was a terrorist. A gd terrorist. But don’t shed a tear I’m sure he’s with his 72 virgins per the fairytale 

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, squistion said:

What was the legal basis that the assassination of Soleimani based on? Trump has yet to provide proof of this so called "imminent thread" (which seems to be the new version of WMD). International law frowns on going around and killing governmental leaders of other nations just because we think they are bad guys or perceive them as some sort of future threat. 

Will you stop?  I’m asking that you stop trying to hold this terrorist up to some standard of being a respected govt official. To all Americans he was a terrorist first and foremost. We have no obligation to respect the Iranian govt chain of command. You keep referring to this murderer of Americans as a govt leader and not a terrorist it’s  going to get you permanently labeled as terrorist sympathizer as well as an anti-American traitor. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

AOC, Rashida and Omar are once again leading the Democrat Parry. The squad is back baby!

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, jm192 said:

On Friday, we can't take anything the man-child says seriously

On Monday, how can we not take him seriously?

Fwiw I think this is an excellent summary of the choices between (1) and (2). It sounds like Pompeo you think the President was just talking bs, and that there is no such list. I'm willing to be consistent and say yea he lies typically as a rule, doesn't know what he's talking about anyway most often even when briefed, and it's likely just bluster from the hotel promoter in chief.

I do think it's interesting almost all of y'all (4 of 5?) have gone with (1), Trump is making it up. I think maybe KD was the only one accepting it on face value and challenging whether it would be a WC (though he was not explicit). Bluto refused to address it, which is understandable. Anyway (1)'s probably the most reassuring option of the three. Thanks for the responses.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
29 minutes ago, RBM said:

Will you stop?  I’m asking that you stop trying to hold this terrorist up to some standard of being a respected govt official. To all Americans he was a terrorist first and foremost. We have no obligation to respect the Iranian govt chain of command. You keep referring to this murderer of Americans as a govt leader and not a terrorist it’s  going to get you permanently labeled as terrorist sympathizer as well as an anti-American traitor. 

Yes, he was a horrible human being and a terrorist but that does not give us the legal right to assassinate him or any other foreign government official just for that reason (we could start a list for that, but I digress). And the justification for this extra judicial killing was not his acts of terrorism, but some supposed "imminent threat" that an explanation has yet to be and may never given on.

Like it or not, he was in the Iranian government chain of command and if you have seen the demonstrations and mourning by hundreds of thousands today in Iran, he was a respected govt official to many Iranians. 

Some more detail on where he was in the Iranian government hierarchy:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/who-was-qassem-soleimani-and-why-is-his-death-a-major-development-in-us-middle-east-relations-2020-01-03

Who was Soleimani?

“He’s probably the most powerful figure that is generally unknown outside Iran and the Middle East. He’s essentially Iran’s viceroy for Iraq,” Jim Phillips, Middle East analyst for conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation, was quoted as saying in a 2015 interview with NBC News.

Soleimani was named major general of the Quds Force in 1998 and ran it until his death. The Quds Force has no equivalent in the U.S. but has been described as “analogous to a combined CIA and Special Forces,” according to an article in the New Yorker back in 2013. The Quds Force, which is estimated to consist of about 20,000 personnel, has been designated a terrorist group by the U.S. since 2007, according to reports.

The New Yorker article also described Soleimani as “ the single most powerful operative in the Middle East today,” citing former CIA officer John Maguire.

Reports have had also described Soleiman as second to only the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in power in Iran.

[...]

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

I'm very serious.  I've heard the parrots here repeat the talking points and am trying to get ahead of the game.  This will be the next push should Trump in gauge in any further action.

10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Well, maybe you should start by not calling another poster an anti-American traitor simply because he disagrees with the President? That might help. 

That's not what I said. Try some reading comp man. 

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, he was a horrible human being and a terrorist but that does not give us the legal right to assassinate him or any other foreign government official just for that reason (we could start a list for that, but I digress). And the justification for this extra judicial killing was not his acts of terrorism, but some supposed "imminent threat" that an explanation has yet to be and may never given on.

Like it or not, he was in the Iranian government chain of command and if you have seen the demonstrations and mourning by hundreds of thousands today in Iran, he was a respected govt official to many Iranians. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/who-was-qassem-soleimani-and-why-is-his-death-a-major-development-in-us-middle-east-relations-2020-01-03

Who was Soleimani?

“He’s probably the most powerful figure that is generally unknown outside Iran and the Middle East. He’s essentially Iran’s viceroy for Iraq,” Jim Phillips, Middle East analyst for conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation, was quoted as saying in a 2015 interview with NBC News.

Soleimani was named major general of the Quds Force in 1998 and ran it until his death. The Quds Force has no equivalent in the U.S. but has been described as “analogous to a combined CIA and Special Forces,” according to an article in the New Yorker back in 2013. The Quds Force, which is estimated to consist of about 20,000 personnel, has been designated a terrorist group by the U.S. since 2007, according to reports.

The New Yorker article also described Soleimani as “ the single most powerful operative in the Middle East today,” citing former CIA officer John Maguire.

Reports have had also described Soleiman as second to only the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in power in Iran.

[...]

Dude you've jumped the shark.  Please leave our thread, 2020 Trump HQ.  Before you go (and i truly hope you do as there are Many Many other threads for this) understand, He was a terrorist, congress gave the president authority to kill terrorists back in 2001, he was hated in Iran, hated in the ME, killed or though his actions killed Americans.  The Quds have been designated a terrorist origination so open season on them and their leaders.  Doesnt matter if he was in the Irianian govt...or if he made the best pigeon stew in the world, he was long overdue to get what he had coming. 

Edited by boots11234
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Nor should he provide proof especially if it tips people off how we gather intel. This isn’t a movie or tv show

and btw Soleimani was a terrorist. A gd terrorist. But don’t shed a tear I’m sure he’s with his 72 virgins per the fairytale 

C'mon guys, wrap this up in an hour.

• Laughing 1

As someone who voted for Obama and abstained from voting last election I have every intention for voting for Trump in 2020.  Despite his personality flaws he has been outstanding on policy and the economy is number 1 for me.  Things could change by November but as of now he has my vote.

Edited by miapug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
3 minutes ago, miapug said:

As someone who voted for Obama and abstained for voting last election I have every intention for voting for Trump in 2020.  Despite his personality flaws he has been outstanding on policy and the economy is number 1 for me.  Things could change by November but as of now he has my vote.

Welcome to the Train and enjoy the view as we sweep in 20!

23 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Well, maybe you should start by not calling another poster an anti-American traitor simply because he disagrees with the President? That might help. 

On these boards this was pretty commonly directed at those of us who opposed the Iraq War back in 2003.  

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, squistion said:

Who was Soleimani?

[...]

Revered military leader by the blue check brigade but the scumbag is a dead 👍 terrorist 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

I'm very serious.  I've heard the parrots here repeat the talking points and am trying to get ahead of the game.  This will be the next push should Trump in gauge in any further action.

Well yes, if he engages in things that are war crimes...he will be accused of such.  As would any POTUS.

12 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

If he had any hand in the attack on our embassy, he had to go.  I don’t understand how people can think of any other result.   

Donald Trump is an awful human being and a terrible President.   simple as that.

• Sad 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place