What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (11 Viewers)

I mean:  Kids are going to have more potatoes and less carrots.  More cheese burgers and pizza.  Whose the junk food guy here?  Cattle farmers?  Potato farmers?  Maybe it's the cheese industry.  

The article posted mentions less fresh fruit at breakfast.  I just don't believe kids are running into the cafeteria and fighting over the last orange slice.  But...they might actually eat those stupid nutrigrain bars/granola bars.  But if you think this happened because Kellogg and Quaker are padding Trump's pockets, I'll just cede the point now.  

It's a noble task.  Taking on childhood obesity.  But is the school lunch program the answer?  Or is possible that in the age of tablets and cell phones--kids don't go outside.  Kids don't run.  Kids play NBA2k instead of shooting an actual basketball.  

And while it's GREAT to say "well why aren't we maximizing it from every point?"  Setting money on fire to pat ourselves on the back for putting orange slices in the lunch line isn't solving or helping the problem.  It's burning money.  
You are speaking from real world experience. They are coming from a mindset of anything Trump does is nefarious. 

Your effort is appreciated but it falls on deaf ears. 

I think changes like this take a lot of time to implement properly. We’ll never know though. 

I wonder how much companies that make junk food contributed to Trump to make this happen: 
I bet about the same amount of companies that contributed to make it healthy. 

Tim, we are going to need to take you off the VIP list and send you out with the rest of your crew if you are going to post garbage like this in here. 

Be better. 🚔
What garbage? HT said things are looking bright, and between this study and the one that shows Trump getting almost zero love from African Americans, I’m feeling pretty good right now. 

Does going off the VIP list mean I don’t get any pie? Because I was promised pie yesterday. 

What garbage? HT said things are looking bright, and between this study and the one that shows Trump getting almost zero love from African Americans, I’m feeling pretty good right now. 

Does going off the VIP list mean I don’t get any pie? Because I was promised pie yesterday. 
yeah cause President Trump really carried the African American vote in 2016. How'd that workout?

I think changes like this take a lot of time to implement properly. We’ll never know though. 

I wonder how much companies that make junk food contributed to Trump to make this happen: 
You don’t like it so accuse the other guy of being corrupt, nice.

It was signed in 2010...how many decades are required to validate effectiveness?

You don’t like it so accuse the other guy of being corrupt, nice.

It was signed in 2010...how many decades are required to validate effectiveness?
I never mentioned, nor implied corruption. 

To your question: I don’t know. I think it’s a worthy goal and we need to keep pushing it, not turn back the clock. 

yeah cause President Trump really carried the African American vote in 2016. How'd that workout?
A lot of them that voted for Obama stayed home in 2016, particularly in Pennsylvania and Michigan. Big reason why Hillary lost. Hopefully it won’t happen this time. 

I guess it could happen. 

But it’s so silly and uninformed. For instance, @crackattack wrote: “They promise the moon”. Yet no President in history has spent as much as Trump has. Not a single one of the Democratic candidates, not even Bernie Sanders, plans to spend as much as Trump already has. Trump is the biggest spender in American history. So what the heck is he even talking about? People have been brainwashed; it’s truly sad. 
Universal health care

Student debt forgiveness 

Free tuition 

Guaranteed income 

Reparations 

Universal child care 

Affordable housing bill

You think this isn't promising the moon? I'm sure I've left some promises out? You think this would be less spending, if all this passed, then what the Trump administration is doing? No way. I strongly disagree. Taxes would increase on everyone to pay for these "free" programs. 

It's different this time, how will he compete with Obama's former VP......who he won't  endorse until he has to? Who wouldn't vote for a guy that says things like this?

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-said-desegregation-would-create-a-racial-jungle-2019-7
Name the last former President to endorse a candidate before the nomination was decided? Hint: it’s never happened. (Though, whatever happens in 2020, I have a feeling Donald Trump will be the first. He’ll make a TV special out of it.) 

Universal health care

Student debt forgiveness 

Free tuition 

Guaranteed income 

Reparations 

Universal child care 

Affordable housing bill

You think this isn't promising the moon? I'm sure I've left some promises out? You think this would be less spending, if all this passed, then what the Trump administration is doing? No way. I strongly disagree. Taxes would increase on everyone to pay for these "free" programs. 
You are correct. Now, I would caution that this is primary season and I don't believe (with the exception of Sanders) that these candidates believe half of the things they say, but they are claiming (most of them) that they support most, if not all, of these above programs. In Warren's case, though, the middle class wouldn't pay a cent.

That could be the lie of the year.

Universal health care

Student debt forgiveness 

Free tuition 

Guaranteed income 

Reparations 

Universal child care 

Affordable housing bill

And as I wrote: you add all of that together and it doesn’t meet what Trump has already spent. 

And why raise taxes? Trump has shown us the way: just add it to the debt and let the next guy worry about it. Or are you thinking Democrats are slightly more fiscally responsible than our current President? 

Oh and by the way: the likeliest nominee, Joe Biden, is not in favor of a single program you just listed. So maybe you should reconsider if he’s the guy? 

Tim, we are going to need to take you off the VIP list and send you out with the rest of your crew if you are going to post garbage like this in here. 

Be better. 🚔
He's told everyone he's leaving this thread it seems like 3-4 times but always seems to find his way back.  And often trying to play the gotcha game and then whining that no one will debate him. 

And as I wrote: you add all of that together and it doesn’t meet what Trump has already spent. 

And why raise taxes? Trump has shown us the way: just add it to the debt and let the next guy worry about it. Or are you thinking Democrats are slightly more fiscally responsible than our current President? 

Oh and by the way: the likeliest nominee, Joe Biden, is not in favor of a single program you just listed. So maybe you should reconsider if he’s the guy? 
Trump has shown us the way? This isn't a new thing, he is worse though.

He's told everyone he's leaving this thread it seems like 3-4 times but always seems to find his way back.  And often trying to play the gotcha game and then whining that no one will debate him. 
No gotcha and no whining. And I asked permission to return and wrote that if any Trump supporter objected I would stay away. Nobody has asked me to leave. (You’re not a Trump supporter so you don’t count.) I demand pie. 

If they keep the current spending, plus add these programs, it's going to increase spending. Where would they cut? If they're not going to increase taxes, or cut the military budget, or cut social programs, it will most definitely add to spending. That's undeniable.

You are correct. Now, I would caution that this is primary season and I don't believe (with the exception of Sanders) that these candidates believe half of the things they say, but they are claiming (most of them) that they support most, if not all, of these above programs. In Warren's case, though, the middle class wouldn't pay a cent.

That could be the lie of the year.
I agree with you. That's why I called it "promising the moon". It's not possible and a "lie" is probably the best way to describe it.

If they keep the current spending, plus add these programs, it's going to increase spending. Where would they cut? If they're not going to increase taxes, or cut the military budget, or cut social programs, it will most definitely add to spending. That's undeniable.
If by “they” you mean Democrats and Republicans alike then you’re correct. Nobody ever cuts spending. 

It that doesn’t explain why you would prefer Trump to a Democrat, if spending is truly your main concern. I’m not seeing a significant distinction there except that Trump is slightly worse. 

Name the last former President to endorse a candidate before the nomination was decided? Hint: it’s never happened. (Though, whatever happens in 2020, I have a feeling Donald Trump will be the first. He’ll make a TV special out of it.) 
Funny you should focus on this part of his post and not the latter

If by “they” you mean Democrats and Republicans alike then you’re correct. Nobody ever cuts spending. 

It that doesn’t explain why you would prefer Trump to a Democrat, if spending is truly your main concern. I’m not seeing a significant distinction there except that Trump is slightly worse. 
Spending is a concern. I'm no fan of the Trump spending. But I strongly disagree with the "free" programs I've listed. I wouldn't vote for anyone offering those or floating those ideas. People need to earn or work/strive for those items. Not just handed to them. 

Biden said dumb stuff about desegregation; Trump actually practiced segregation in his NY apartment buildings. I’ll take my chances. 
But that's already baked in to President Trump's support (or lack thereof) from African Americans. It's relatively unknown about Joe Biden. You dont believe that once the televisions ads start running highlighting these quotes it won't erode Biden's support?

Spending is a concern. I'm no fan of the Trump spending. But I strongly disagree with the "free" programs I've listed. I wouldn't vote for anyone offering those or floating those ideas. People need to earn or work/strive for those items. Not just handed to them. 
Then you’re more of a traditional conservative than you initially claimed (nothing wrong with that; just setting the record straight.) 

If you were a true independent with spending as your number #1 concern, you would be primarily focused on Republican spending because corporate welfare and wasteful, redundant military spending, which the GOP invariably approves of, exceeds everything you’re concerned about by a large margin. But what you wrote indicates you’re more concerned with the moral aspect of the spending than the amounts: you don’t want money going to what you regard as undeserved. 

But that's already baked in to President Trump's support (or lack thereof) from African Americans. It's relatively unknown about Joe Biden. You dont believe that once the televisions ads start running highlighting these quotes it won't erode Biden's support?
No. Blacks will vote for Biden in Obama like numbers or higher (probably higher because of Trump.) I am more confident about this than anything else in this election. If Biden is the nominee there is no chance for Trump to weaken that support. If there was a photo revealed of Joe Biden in a white hood, grinning at a lynching, they’d still rush to vote for him over Trump. Guaranteed. 

Then you’re more of a traditional conservative than you initially claimed (nothing wrong with that; just setting the record straight.) 

If you were a true independent with spending as your number #1 concern, you would be primarily focused on Republican spending because corporate welfare and wasteful, redundant military spending, which the GOP invariably approves of, exceeds everything you’re concerned about by a large margin. But what you wrote indicates you’re more concerned with the moral aspect of the spending than the amounts: you don’t want money going to what you regard as undeserved. 
Again, I disagree. We were discussing Democrats promises and not Republicans. I think our military budget is insanely high. I think our corporate welfare is a burden and unwarranted in most cases. I could list more problems with Republican spending, but it's almost game time. Enjoy your Saturday and go Boilers!

No. Blacks will vote for Biden in Obama like numbers or higher (probably higher because of Trump.) I am more confident about this than anything else in this election. If Biden is the nominee there is no chance for Trump to weaken that support. If there was a photo revealed of Joe Biden in a white hood, grinning at a lynching, they’d still rush to vote for him over Trump. Guaranteed. 
You’re coming across as the blowhard uncle pontificating to the family. You don’t know what’s going to happen, no one does.

No gotcha and no whining. And I asked permission to return and wrote that if any Trump supporter objected I would stay away. Nobody has asked me to leave. (You’re not a Trump supporter so you don’t count.) I demand pie. 
Do you still hold by this? If any Trump supporter objects or asks you to leave, will you stay away?

Warren is dishonest. But “lie of the year” is a fierce category and she’s not even a nominee. 

There are several worthy candidates but “I don’t know who Lev Parnas is” has a commanding lead at the moment. 
This statement would be in the leading contenders, mainly because she kept repeating it as if that made it any less true.

Politicians who deny knowing Parnas are also completely full of it with the photographic evidence. I don't know if I can understand that; maybe they are so above it that they don't care about catching heat from the media or their supporters don't care, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread