What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

In Florida?  Nah.  Too many good God-fearing, flag loving Americans in Florida.  I was there over the holidays.  Trump posters and signs were everywhere.  Florida will be red.  
In rural areas, sure. The cities are decidedly different. Trump has few friends there, even in West Palm Beach.

Does that bother you at all?  You dislike Trump so much that it doesn't even matter what any Dem says or does or offers?
What bothers me is the attempt by Trump to make himself a dictator, ignoring the rule of law and masquerading as someone who claims to follow my faith. I disagree with democrats on quite a few things, but they're at least willing to listen.

So you are counting on fear mongering to win the day over reality?   

That’s a bold strategy....
He’s got it so backwards. Bernie bros I know in Iowa in no way think this way. They want their progressive candidate Bernie and won’t compromise for an establishment Joe Biden. 

Its actually worse than in 2016 when I reported here about Iowa Democrats, because back then Bernie Bros thought Hillary would win. I’ve talked to over a dozen Bernie Bros in Iowa and none of them have any faith in Biden, and none of them will vote for him or lift a finger if he’s the nominee.

I said it a month ago and I’ll say it one more time, Democrats on this board have no idea how bad things are on the ground right now. They have no idea how fractured the Democrat Party is right now. They are too busy following the MSM daily get Trump narratives to care either. 

Damnit.   Blutarsky gets the banhammer and all the Anti-Trump people start flocking back into the Trump thread..Because there are not enough Trump bashing threads to participate in.

Nice job mods..Ban the thread moderator.  

Ignoring the rule of law, abusing his power by circumventing the proper channels set up for foreign relations, using a personal attorney as a main contact for matters of state, just off the top of the dome for now.
I think the Durham report will come back and show that Intelligence agencies, the state department, and US interests were actively working against Trump .  I think Trump goes outside the proper channels because the swamp is deep and doesn't want to be drained. 

I think the Durham report will come back and show that Intelligence agencies, the state department, and US interests were actively working against Trump .  I think Trump goes outside the proper channels because the swamp is deep and doesn't want to be drained. 
I think the Durham report will have nothing verifiable, and be summarily forgotten as such. I had already forgotten about it anyway.

Secondly, Trump is looking out for Trump's interests, not the US's. Those agencies did what they are supposed to. Trump is also not even a little bit interested in draining any sort of swamp, unless he wants to build a hotel there. His term has been marked by rampant corruption, instability, incompetence, and waste. He wastes money traveling to Florida(where he screws up weekend traffic for everybody else, he's tried to award state functions to his own properties to benefit personally, and he's repeatedly appointed unqualified people to important posts because he knows they'll do what he wants, not what we want.

More good news for President Trump.

President Trump’s approval ratings have hit the highest average level since his first month in office, a post-impeachment message sure to depress his Democratic detractors and thrill his supporters.

The highly watched RealClearPolitics“Trump Job Approval” is at 45.6%, just 0.4% off the high posted shortly after his inauguration. His disapproval number is 51.7%, lower than recent averages.

The average is a running collection of dozens of polls, including Fox, Rasmussen, Washington Post, Politico, and CNN
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/boom-trump-approval-rating-best-in-3-years%3f_amp=true

My bet is that Trump's vote totals stay nearly the same and Democratic and Independent voter turnout skyrockets.  This is where Trump will run into trouble.  He's had three years to try to expand his base and all he ever does is try to rile them up. He's actually scared of his own base. That's why he couldn't say anything nice about McCain or Elijah Cummings died. He needs to stay in the role 24/7. 

But, I was wrong in 2016. I could be wrong in 2020 too. What do I know. 
“My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings,” he wrote online. “I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!”

:yes:

A certain percentage of people voted for a third party candidate or for Trump thinking "If he is elected what harm can he do?"  Well, that question has been answered and many of these people now see the 2020 election as the last chance to prevent irreparable harm to this country (although I fear it already may be too late). 

In any event I see an energized anti-Trump turnout and probably the highest percentage of voter turnout in decades.  
2018 midterms are a great indicator of the hate for Trump and the energy Democrats have. Voter turnout was huge and it was only a midterm.  Trump better do something to expand that base and he better do it fast. 

2018 midterms are a great indicator of the hate for Trump and the energy Democrats have. Voter turnout was huge and it was only a midterm.  Trump better do something to expand that base and he better do it fast. 
There was also some news going around a couple weeks back regarding money raised.

Trump has raised boatloads, however the total amount raised by Dems was huge, far ahead of what the non-incumbent party had collected to this point in previous last couple presidential election. 

There was also some news going around a couple weeks back regarding money raised.

Trump has raised boatloads, however the total amount raised by Dems was huge, far ahead of what the non-incumbent party had collected to this point in previous last couple presidential election. 
I think Trump and Bloomberg have Superbowl ads. 

Looks like a whole new wave of anti-Trump posters need educated about 2018 from our good friends at the New York Times.

Most of the people who voted Democrat in 2018 in swing states are voting for Trump in 2020. Sorry guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/upshot/democratic-trump-voters-2020.amp.html
From the article: "This group is only a sliver of the electorate — 2 percent of registered voters — and is not representative of all voters. They are overwhelmingly white, 60 percent are male, and two-thirds have no college degree."

That 2 percent that he might(there's no guarantee they do flip back) gain is more than offset by the numbers he's losing.

“This group is only a sliver of the electorate — 2 percent of registered voters”
That’s significant when we are only talking about these swing few states which are a sliver of the electorate. I’m sure the real number is much higher. Kudos for my friends at the New York Times for the piece.

That’s significant when we are only talking about these swing few states which are a sliver of the electorate. I’m sure the real number is much higher. Kudos for my friends at the New York Times for the piece.
Who knows. We’ll see. Many months to go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless the math has changed in some other Trump states, he only needs to hold one of the 3 of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.  Looking at the average polling data Florida seems to have moved more into Trump's column.  I'm trying to guess what the next Trump state tipping point may be that would make it necessary to hold more than one of those, NC, GA, AZ?  Obviously keeping PA would be the most valuable.  I also haven't seen the polling from by district in ME and KS, not sure if it even exists.  There's that one KS district that has always threatened to flip blue but hasn't so far, just as the ME district flipped red last time finally.

It's generally not the post, it's the mood of the mod that ban.  He was given the OK to moderate a little in here...but one of the other mods locked him out.

So there's that.
It’s weird that MT asked the haters to stay out and gave the ok for non POTUS haters to police the thread.....then the haters have a free for all in here and non POTUS haters in the one positive thread they can have get suspended by mods. 😂

I can’t figure it out. 

It’s weird that MT asked the haters to stay out and gave the ok for non POTUS haters to police the thread.....then the haters have a free for all in here and non POTUS haters in the one positive thread they can have get suspended by mods. 😂

I can’t figure it out. 
Looks like it was a trap and the joke is on us.  

Unless the math has changed in some other Trump states, he only needs to hold one of the 3 of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.  Looking at the average polling data Florida seems to have moved more into Trump's column.  I'm trying to guess what the next Trump state tipping point may be that would make it necessary to hold more than one of those, NC, GA, AZ?  Obviously keeping PA would be the most valuable.  I also haven't seen the polling from by district in ME and KS, not sure if it even exists.  There's that one KS district that has always threatened to flip blue but hasn't so far, just as the ME district flipped red last time finally.
It’s still weird to me (and hilarious obviously) that the current Democrat Party is so screwed up polling outfits have automatically moved Ohio and Florida to lean Trump. Also I think Trump will sweep Whisky, Michigan and Pennsylvania, again, 

I can’t figure it out. 
@Maurile Tremblay is pretty reasonable. I'm sure he can explain it to us.  Just need to flash him the bat symbol.

I can’t figure it out. 
You sound like my high school friend who is knee deep in some Amway-like MLM.  

Last edited by a moderator:
in your opinion what is Trump doing to make himself a dictator?
I for one had never fallen pray to this kind of hyperbole about how far Trump has taken things, but today’s Alan Dershowitz arguments are scary and pretty much outline your question above.....

"And if a president did something that he believes will help him get elected, in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment."

Users who are viewing this thread