What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (8 Viewers)

And the MSM is STILL erroneously using the 2014 photos of Obama’s kids in cages and saying they are from the present.

The Hill, a national political news outlet, erroneously tied a 2014 photo of migrant children sleeping in cages to a story about the current conditions of detention facilities at the border under the Trump administration.

The article in question was about a visit Democratic lawmakers paid to a Clint, Texas, Border Patrol station to investigate allegedly poor conditions in the detention center. A photo featured with the article on social media, however, showed conditions at a separate camp in Arizona in 2014 under the Obama administration, which was dealing with a flood of unaccompanied minors at the time.

In fact, the photo has been used so many times to dishonestly attack the Trump administration’s immigration policies, that the Associated Press wrote a fact check about the issue in May 2018.

“2014 photo wrongly used to hit Trump policies,” AP said, noting that the photos were taken by one of its photographers at the Customs and Border Protection Agency in Nogales, Arizona.
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/01/the-hill-obama-biden-children-cages-detention-centers/

We don’t do whataboutisms in here.  Boots is a well respected analyst.   I prefer he not be bothered by this pettiness  

Whatabout that celebration of America last night?  Fantastic   Shows exactly why Trump needs 4 more years   
There are several posts in here saying “what about” the fact that Obama caged kids.  

You must be taking the piss.  

Looks like The Hill removed the pic, correctly.

- When will DC update their piece to reflect this?
I hope soon.  Big picture, why is the MSM and continually trying to attribute these images of Obama putting kids in cages from 2014 to Trump?  AP even put this out last year and they still do it!

THE 2014 PHOTOS

—“Speechless. This is not who we are as a nation.” — Democrat Antonio Villaraigosa, former Los Angeles mayor now running for governor, referring in a tweet Sunday to photos showing young-looking immigrants in steel cages.

—“This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible.” — Jon Favreau, who was speechwriter for President Barack Obama, referring Sunday to the same photos.

THE FACTS: The photos, taken by The Associated Press, were from 2014, during the Obama administration, but were presented by liberal activists as if they showed the effects of Trump’s immigration policy now. Villaraigosa, Favreau and some others deleted their tweets when the mistake was pointed out.

They had linked to a June 2014 online story by The Arizona Republic titled “First peek: Immigrant children flood detention center.” The story featured photos taken by AP’s Ross D. Franklin at a center run by the Customs and Border Protection Agency in Nogales, Arizona. One photo shows two unidentified female detainees sleeping in a holding cell. The caption refers to U.S. efforts to process 47,000 unaccompanied children at the Nogales center and another one in Brownsville, Texas.

Many tweets used the hashtag “WhereAreOurChildren,” which grew out of testimony in April by a federal official that the U.S. government had lost track of nearly 1,500 unaccompanied minor children it placed with adult sponsors in the U.S.

Trump tweeted: “Democrats mistakenly tweet 2014 pictures from Obama’s term showing children from the Border in steel cages. They thought it was recent pictures in order to make us look bad, but backfires.”
https://apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4

Last edited by a moderator:
Big picture, why is the MSM and continually trying to attribute these images of Obama putting kids in cages from 2014 to Trump?  AP even put this out last year and they still do it!
First of all I agree about the point about AP.

This is the first instance of this I've seen since the dustup about it last year. IMO someone at The Hill should be held accountable about it because I agree it's way past the time a mistake could have been reasonably made.

You've never been more proud to be an American because of the great-looking jobs numbers? Huh. That's weird. Job creation has gradually been decreasing since Trump took office.

Don't believe me? How about the famous liberal think tank Forbes Magazine? Trump Is Falling Almost 1 Million Jobs Short Vs. Obama
Longest economic expansion in history, no shortage of jobs if your looking, smoking hot stock market.  Life is good.

Diplomatic cables sent from the United Kingdom's ambassador to the United States back to London describe President Donald Trump as "inept," "insecure" and "incompetent," a UK government official confirmed Saturday to CNN.

Diplomatic cables sent from the United Kingdom's ambassador to the United States back to London describe President Donald Trump as "inept," "insecure" and "incompetent," a UK government official confirmed Saturday to CNN.
They couldn't even beat Sweden , so whatever   ⚽

Who did this ambassador send this to? Was it in reaction to something specifically?

Not particularly shocking, but curious as to why they were sent in the first place.

bananafish said:
You've never been more proud to be an American because of the great-looking jobs numbers? Huh. That's weird. Job creation has gradually been decreasing since Trump took office.

Don't believe me? How about the famous liberal think tank Forbes Magazine? Trump Is Falling Almost 1 Million Jobs Short Vs. Obama
Well, that seems obvious.  We are at full employment.  A 50-year low.  His comparison timeline starts when we were still at 5.5%+ unemployment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that seems obvious.  We are at full employment.  A 50-year low.  His comparison timeline starts when we were still at 5.5%+ unemployment.
Jobs numbers have improved every month for the last 8+ years.  Obama created more in his last 28 months than Trump in his first 28.  O deserves a lot more credit than Trump on jobs

cubd8 said:
Who did this ambassador send this to? Was it in reaction to something specifically?

Not particularly shocking, but curious as to why they were sent in the first place.
I'm more curious how it got out. The cables themselves are pretty standard, that's what ambassadors do, they report back home on observations and insights on leaders, key persons and policy issues, almost daily.

Otis said:
Sounds about right.

I'm more curious how it got out. The cables themselves are pretty standard, that's what ambassadors do, they report back home on observations and insights on leaders, key persons and policy issues, almost daily.
There is some thought that it was leaked by pro-Brexit people. Boris Johnson will argue that he has a great relationship with Trump which will be necessary for a new trade deal that Britain is counting on to ease the pain caused by Hard Brexit. 

Seems far fetched to me but you never know. 

bananafish said:
Too bad Trump already pilfered the National Park's budget to fund his 4th of July Infomercial and Grift Extravaganza. I've never been so proud to be an American as when I see the President profiting off my tax money! Truly the American dream.

Of course that's nothing compared to what he's already cut from their budget: A close reading of the President’s 2020 Department of the Interior budget reveals massive funding cuts for everything public-lands related—except for oil and gas
Savage. There's only one thing left to do...

bananafish said:
Too bad Trump already pilfered the National Park's budget to fund his 4th of July Infomercial and Grift Extravaganza. I've never been so proud to be an American as when I see the President profiting off my tax money! Truly the American dream.

Of course that's nothing compared to what he's already cut from their budget: A close reading of the President’s 2020 Department of the Interior budget reveals massive funding cuts for everything public-lands related—except for oil and gas
It's amazing how this guy does the opposite of what I want so often. 

Otis said:
This was said in confidence and  UK officials are searching to find the source of the  leak. In other breaking news the majority of likely voters also believe water is wet.

Maybe. I suppose that's what I should expect. But I still believe in America and that deep down one or two of these guys might start to feel a patriotic rumbling that putting one man over everything America supposedly holds dear is just too much to ask. Ask themselves a question or two. Investigate their sources. Look at what he's done instead of what he says he's done. They might never post, but they might start thinking.

The PSF has repeatedly been labeled a "left-wing echo chamber". I think there's some truth to that. I myself have been too dismissive of people who laud Trump's accomplishments, too judgmental of people who wear MAGA hats, and I'm as guilty as anyone of liking to read opinions that jive with my own point of view. But listening to my own thoughts echoed back at me gets old and doesn't really accomplish anything. I'm not saying Trump himself is worth taking seriously, but why people like and support him is and by casually blowing them off and everything they have to say is probably to my detriment.

What I love, or used to love, about FootballGuys was the smart people, eclectic topics, and differing points of view, where I would often find myself coming away from a thread having learned something. Oh, and the humor. This site has given me more laughs over the years than anything else on the internet.

But all those things seem to be fading away. Politics is toxic nowadays and it bleeds into everything. I guess it's much easier to judge, to get angry, and to point fingers. Much easier, at least, than listening. Or trying to form a nuanced point of view that doesn't paint everything in black and white. 

I have to believe in America because I have to believe it's still possible to get this right. It's too important not to. If we don't then we're just like every other country and I seriously have to rethink what my next steps will be. I want to live in a place where ideas and collaboration and the power and ability of the human spirit are revered and I want that place to be here in the U.S.A. Maybe it's not anymore, but I'm not giving up until all hope is lost and the light fades to black, like the Terminator's red eye when he gets squished.

Maybe, in the middle of the liberal echo chamber, this thread proves to be the echoiest of them all and I'm stupid for thinking otherwise. I hope not but we'll see.
Man it's everywhere.  There is another board out there...that would be termed a conservative echo chamber....that used to be a funny funny place--then politics took over. 

And it lost all that fun.  Now it's just politics constantly...all the time.   At least this board has it's own politics board, but yeah..the funny is long gone.

Worthless posts like this aren't relevant to the thread topic, please keep your whining in all the other threads for whining about trump. 
It was a direct reply to his post. 

Calling someone else's post worthless isn't about any topic and is what messes up the board.  Please keep your posts on topic rather than whining about other people.

Users who are viewing this thread