Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

27 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Conservatives?

• At the impeachment trial the argument was made that if the President believes it's in the public interest then it's legal.
  • With the wall the argument was made that if the President says something is for a national emergency then he need not get permission from Congress to spend money.
  • With Mueller the argument was made that the President can seek to obstruct justice just so long as he does not succeed.
  • Since the start the argument has been made that the President, his children and their businesses can be hired in the White House and be paid revenues from the US government and campaign.
  • 1/2-3/4ths of the top appointed positions have been made without Senate approval.

Good luck to all of us.

Be careful with this one. Bernies wife is being paid like 150k by his campaign  to do his media engagements is my understanding. All of Biden’s kids are rich because of their father. All four of Al Gores kids went to Harvard. What are the chance of one of yours going there let alone 4?   Many many more BS examples of this on both sides I’m sure. 

AND before you say anything I’m sure the R’s do it too.  It’s all BS and nepotism.  

Edited by boots11234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, boots11234 said:

Be careful with this one. Bernies wife is being paid like 150k to do his media engagements is my understanding. All of Biden’s kids are rich because of their father. All four of Al Gores kids went to Harvard. What are the chance of one of yours going there let alone 4?   Many many more examples of this. 

AND before you say anything I’m sure the R’s do it too.  It’s all BS and nepotism.  

With this in mind why was it of national importance for Trump to hold up money from an ally to get a public announcement that they were investigating Biden’s kid?

33 minutes ago, The General said:

The next President can do pretty much whatever they want is what Dershowitz was arguing. 

No, that’s not what he meant. The next Democrat President (which probably won’t happen until 2032 at the soonest) better not have any foreign contacts. I’m talking not even being friendly with a French waiter a their favorite restaurant. This absurd precedent set by the Democrat Party will be applied.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The General said:

With this in mind why was it of national importance for Trump to hold up money from an ally to get a public announcement that they were investigating Biden’s kid?

I’ll answer just as soon as you tell me how Ukraine has historically been the US’s most important alley in our history and why funding them. Is frankly of anything more than a slight benefit to us as Shifty was trying to say?

Just now, boots11234 said:

I’ll answer just as soon as you tell me how Ukraine has historically been the US’s most important alley in our history and why funding them. Is frankly of anything more than a slight benefit to us as Shifty was trying to say?

Would it matter more if Trump was leveraging one of our more important allies to get some political advantage on a political rival?

Just now, The General said:

Would it matter more if Trump was leveraging one of our more important allies to get some political advantage on a political rival?

Still no answer huh. Ok. The President is given through the constitution sole authority to conduct foreign diplomacy as he sees fit. He can do what he wishes. I know you don’t accept that answer but ultimately that is what the document says. Take it up with the founders. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

Still no answer huh. Ok. The President is given through the constitution sole authority to conduct foreign diplomacy as he sees fit. He can do what he wishes. I know you don’t accept that answer but ultimately that is what the document says. Take it up with the founders. 

I don’t think Ukraine is our most important ally. Don’t see why the importance of the ally is relevant.

9 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I’m so damn proud to be a Trump supporter. The energy and courage of this President is simply amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Looks like Trump nailed another top level terrorist last night

Dude kills evil men before others even wake in the morning.  His list of accomplishments is truly astonishing.  All done with no help from the Democrats and often little from the republicans. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, boots11234 said:

Be careful with this one. Bernies wife is being paid like 150k by his campaign  to do his media engagements is my understanding. All of Biden’s kids are rich because of their father. All four of Al Gores kids went to Harvard. What are the chance of one of yours going there let alone 4?   Many many more BS examples of this on both sides I’m sure. 

I don't feel any need to shade for Sanders, if his wife is being paid by the campaign that should be brought out. And as for me, my own Congressman was sending his children to Harvard and he went to jail for using his Congressional letterhead for lobbying for a Nigerian vice president (which sounds rather familiar actually). Even so this kind of corruption is unmatched.

But to be clear about my point, the constitutional prohibition prohibits the President from receiving private revenues from the US government. I am not aware of a comp for that. My point is the constant ripping up of various portions of the Constitution, how Republicans who used to be conservatives support that, and how it's sweeping the way clear for any populist Democrats who could come to power after.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

42 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

So where does the next fake Democrat whistleblower come from?

Well the lesson here is clear, right? The GOP has given the President carte blanche to involve himself in the DOJ and foreign affairs for personal benefit. And Trump regularly interferes in the administration for political reasons, even the simplest things. You own this ideology now. My guess is any host of possibilities - pushing prosecutions of law enforcement, politicians, diplomats or media that he sees as enemies, maybe influencing foreign allies or making deals with foreign adversaries. Anything's possible under this brand of populist nationalism. The Zelensky call came about a day after Mueller's testimony, just as an example, Trump will just be emboldened to do more of the same. He could even try again with Ukraine. 

- I'll probably pick Bolton most immediately though, gradual leaks and details about his knowledge of events will now probably trickle down through to the election.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/480945-trump-plans-optimistic-address-for-state-of-the-union?amp=1&amp_recirculation=1

President Trump plans optimistic address for Tuesday night. He is going to lay out new healthcare and infrastructure proposals. 

Its worth nothing that he laid out healthcare and infrastructure proposals last year and didn’t follow through. In fact he specifically pulled infrastructure off the table when he petulantly didn’t like something that Pelosi said on another completely unrelated issue. 

Nonetheless as I have said all along, if Trump makes proposals that the Democrats approve of, they should be willing to work with him. It’s never too late for President Trump to start acting like a grownup; Pelosi and Schumer have been there the whole time patiently waiting. Let’s all hope something can get accomplished. 

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Well the lesson here is clear, right? The GOP has given the President carte blanche to involve himself in the DOJ and foreign affairs for personal benefit. And Trump regularly interferes in the administration for political reasons, even the simplest things. You own this ideology now. My guess is any host of possibilities - pushing prosecutions of law enforcement, politicians, diplomats or media that he sees as enemies, maybe influencing foreign allies or making deals with foreign adversaries. Anything's possible under this brand of populist nationalism. The Zelensky call came about a day after Mueller's testimony, just as an example, Trump will just be emboldened to do more of the same. He could even try again with Ukraine. 

- I'll probably pick Bolton most immediately though, gradual leaks and details about his knowledge of events will now probably trickle down through to the election.

Why would ANYONE want to remove this President?   

Phone calls....:lmao:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Why would ANYONE want to remove this President?   

Phone calls....:lmao:

Because he cheated in the upcoming election,  and in so doing threatened our national security,  and then lied about it and obstructed Congress, all of which was a high crime. 

Edited by timschochet
  • Laughing 3

Meanwhile, while Democrats still obsess over their attempted coup the party continues to implode.

Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib took a moment to voice her personal displeasure with Hillary Clinton, loudly booing the former Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate during an event in Iowa Friday.

“You all know I can’t be quiet,” Tlaib told audience members during a campaign rally for Bernie Sanders in Clive, Iowa. “The haters will shut up on Monday when we win.”

Tlaib was joined onstage by House colleagues Washington state Rep. Pramila Jayapal and Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar — both of whom could not contain their laughter at Tlaib’s comments. The three congresswomen are part of a handful of progressive lawmakers in Congress who are backing Sanders’ bid for the nomination.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/rashida-tlaib-boos-hillary-clinton-at-bernie-sanders-event-in-iowa/

6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Meanwhile, while Democrats still obsess over their attempted coup the party continues to implode.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/01/rashida-tlaib-boos-hillary-clinton-at-bernie-sanders-event-in-iowa/

Yes both parties have their nuts and extremists, don’t they? The difference is, at least so far, the Democrats haven’t allowed them to take over. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Because he cheated in the upcoming election,  and in so doing threatened our national security,  and then lied about it and obstructed Congress, all of which was a high crime. 

I guess the Senate--which is full of constitutional lawyers--didn't agree with this take?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jm192 said:

Hard to say, but I think it's a safe bet that they'll coordinate with Schiff's office.

Surely Schiff is on the bench after this and the Russia failure I would think. History will not judge Schiff kindly, his name will be like McCarthy or Munson in 50 years.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

More like Welch I think. But hey McCarthy and Munson were in the room so you’re close. 

No one outside California takes him seriously for a second, he is a floundering embarrassment that does nothing more than play partisan games. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

No one outside California takes him seriously for a second, he is a floundering embarrassment that does nothing more than play partisan games. 

It goes even beyond partisan games with Schiff, he very likely abused his power when he spied on his fellow members of Congress last fall. Once the circus tent comes down on impeachment next week Adam Schiff should be investigated immediately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

It goes even beyond partisan games with Schiff, he very likely abused his power when he spied on his fellow members of Congress last fall. Once the circus tent comes down on impeachment next week Adam Schiff should be investigated immediately.

Well there are the Ed Buck/Schiff rumors . Karma can be a #####

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I love this “no one outside of California”; he’s a hero to a majority of Americans. 

I think you’ve had too much sun out there good buddy. I envy you though because we haven’t seen the sun in about 2 weeks in Illinois.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I love this “no one outside of California”; he’s a hero to a majority of Americans. 

I question what % of Americans know who he is. 

A quick google search suggests that only 37% of Americans can name their own representative.  A lot of people aren't watching it that closely and just checking in to see the results. 

I certainly don't think "a majority," see him as a hero.

• Like 2

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place