Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

2 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I question what % of Americans know who he is. 

A quick google search suggests that only 37% of Americans can name their own representative.  A lot of people aren't watching it that closely and just checking in to see the results. 

I certainly don't think "a majority," see him as a hero.

Not even Jeopardy could name Schiff 2 weeks ago-

For those with an eye on politics, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) has been front and center for months, operating as a primary foil for President Donald Trump among House Democrats. But the House Intelligence Committee chair might have gotten a dose of humility Wednesday night when all three contestants on the game show “Jeopardy!” failed to identify him from a simple photo.

Schiff was the face of the $1,200 clue under the category, “U.S. Representatives,” in the game show’s second round. Under a picture of Schiff — his official Congressional portrait — the question asked: “One-fifty-third of California’s House delegation is this House Intelligence Committee chairman.”

The answer, of course, is “Rep. Adam Schiff.” But not a single one of the three contestants were able to name him.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/rep-adam-schiff-was-an-answer-on-jeopardy-none-of-the-contestants-knew-who-he-was

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, jm192 said:

A quick google search suggests that only 37% of Americans can name their own representative.  A lot of people aren't watching it that closely and just checking in to see the results. 

It was a ludicrous statement . It shows you their thought process, they feel that way so the majority of Americans must feel the same

Just now, HellToupee said:

It was a ludicrous statement . It shows you their thought process, they feel that way so the majority of Americans must feel the same

Yeah.  They keep saying they're going to win big in November, and then they follow it up with Schiff is a hero to the majority of Americans.  Sheds light.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

If a Democrat is saying it here, it is pretty much the opposite in the real world. That’s my PSF rule of thumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

Yeah.  They keep saying they're going to win big in November, and then they follow it up with Schiff is a hero to the majority of Americans.  Sheds light.

I need to correct you on one point. While I’m certainly proud of what I wrote and I stand by it, I’m not a “they”. I’m not representative of anyone but me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Doesn’t look like it, though I would suggest for different reasons than you imply. But the question was, why would ANYONE? 

So here's my question Tim:

You've told me time and time again that we shouldn't just assume dishonest motives.  And that my assuming Pelosi and Schiff were dishonest in their motives--that was a big part of the problem today. 

But it sure sounds like you're suggesting the Republican senators are in fact dishonest.  So is it not part of the problem?  Is it just when they go against your view point that we can question the integrity? 

Just like the last 3 years have all been about Justice and had nothing to do with politics. 

Those aren’t binary but yes there has certainly been a political angle to it, anyone claiming any different has some serious blinders on. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

This might be my 2nd favorite highlight of impeachment (trailing the notorious Eric Swalwell fart of course). Her eyes. :lmao:

@RNCResearch
Chuck Schumer scolds Kamala Harris for messing around at impeachment press conference

https://twitter.com/rncresearch/status/1223285774424182790?s=21

:lol:  love this 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jm192 said:

So here's my question Tim:

You've told me time and time again that we shouldn't just assume dishonest motives.  And that my assuming Pelosi and Schiff were dishonest in their motives--that was a big part of the problem today. 

But it sure sounds like you're suggesting the Republican senators are in fact dishonest.  So is it not part of the problem?  Is it just when they go against your view point that we can question the integrity? 

Good question. 

What I wrote is that you shouldn’t assume dishonest motives without specific reason to do. In the case of Schiff and Pelosi, I didn’t think you had any. You were making your presumptions based on general reasons: mainly the very questionable assumption that impeachment was being done because it benefited the Democratic Party, or out of hatred and resentment for Donald Trump, or both, while at the same time ignoring the facts of Trump’s actions which led to the impeachment. 

Now in the case of the Republican Senators I should clarify that I do believe some of them are honest. But some are definitely not IMO and I base this on specific comments they have made: you can’t argue that there isn’t enough evidence to believe Trump is guilty and then at the same time reject looking at evidence that might tell you that he’s guilty. That’s a dishonest argument. And those Senators and others who argue that Trump was just investigating corruption- that in itself is an extremely dishonest or ignorant argument- and the Senators are not ignorant, they know the facts now. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Good question. 

What I wrote is that you shouldn’t assume dishonest motives without specific reason to do. In the case of Schiff and Pelosi, I didn’t think you had any. You were making your presumptions based on general reasons: mainly the very questionable assumption that impeachment was being done because it benefited the Democratic Party, or out of hatred and resentment for Donald Trump, or both, while at the same time ignoring the facts of Trump’s actions which led to the impeachment. 

Now in the case of the Republican Senators I should clarify that I do believe some of them are honest. But some are definitely not IMO and I base this on specific comments they have made: you can’t argue that there isn’t enough evidence to believe Trump is guilty and then at the same time reject looking at evidence that might tell you that he’s guilty. That’s a dishonest argument. And those Senators and others who argue that Trump was just investigating corruption- that in itself is an extremely dishonest or ignorant argument- and the Senators are not ignorant, they know the facts now. 

We can debate until we're blue in the face.  You're not capable of seeing any motive other than justice from Schiff--as evidenced by you posting he's a hero to a majority of Americans.  I do see reasons to doubt his integrity.  You'll reject them all because he's your hero. 

But nonetheless, to say that you have reasons and I don't is ludicrous. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I didn't see the numbers the last week, but before that slightly less than 3% of Americans watched that fiasco.  No one cares.  Almost everyone saw this as the political BS it was coming from both sides from the start and we just tune it out and go about living our lives.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I didn't see the numbers the last week, but before that slightly less than 3% of Americans watched that fiasco.  No one cares.  Almost everyone saw this as the political BS it was coming from both sides from the start and we just tune it out and go about living our lives.

I think the percentage of people watching who aren't already locked in as pro or anti Trump is extremely low.  They may see the headlines but the majority of them likely couldn't pick out Pelosi or McConnell, much less Schiff, out of a photo lineup.  

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I do like that some Republicans seem to be arriving on offenses, maybe just not impeachable ones though.

Yup. Been seeing this sentiment from quite a few Republicans in the Senate and I bet if they were being completely candid there are a few Dems that feel the same. 

Hard to take anyone seriously though when they act as if nothing occurred and the actions by Trump were “perfect”.

Edited by The General

2 minutes ago, The General said:

Last polls I saw had those wanting Trump impeached for this right around 50%. Those opposed around 47%.

Those who wanted witnesses for the trial around 70%.

No one should be pretending this was some crazy process that was only desired by extreme Libs.

The latest thing I can find is a CNN poll that included 1152 people from 1/20/2020.  I respectfully disagree that 1100 people accurately reflect.  I'd love to see how they controlled for any number of factors.

The latest thing I can find is a CNN poll that included 1152 people from 1/20/2020.  I respectfully disagree that 1100 people accurately reflect.  I'd love to see how they controlled for any number of factors.

You respectfully disagree with statistical probability?   On what basis?  

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

The numbers I am using are from 538. 

1 minute ago, zoonation said:

You respectfully disagree with statistical probability?   On what basis?  

I disagree that 1150 people = a powerful sample size.

Also saying people favor something isn't "probability."  Nice attempt at word twisting in any event.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I disagree that 1150 people = a powerful sample size.

Also saying people favor something isn't "probability."  Nice attempt at word twisting in any event.

IIRC the popular vote percentages on most polls was very close in 2016. Think 538 which as far as I can tell essentially averages all the polls out with some additional “special math sauce” was with 1% or so on both candidates.

I don’t see why a straight question such as this would be so far off that we couldn’t agree that there are as many people that think Trump commuted impeachable offenses as not.

538 explains what they do, how they do it for everything.

Great site to read for stuff outside of politics as well. 

3 minutes ago, The General said:

IIRC the popular vote percentages on most polls was very close in 2016. Think 538 which as far as I can tell essentially averages all the polls out with some additional “special math sauce” was with 1% or so on both candidates.

I don’t see why a straight question such as this would be so far off that we couldn’t agree that there are as many people that think Trump commuted impeachable offenses as not.

No, I think 538 averaged 20,000+ responses.  It's more believable.  I googled and found CNN and went from there.  But you're correct. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

In those numbers do they factor in the coordinated effort by the media to normalize this 

I won’t try to explain how they do it (mostly because it’s complex and best for folks to read for themselves) but they explain the methods in all the polling do.  It’s a good read if you are in to stats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jm192 said:

No, I think 538 averaged 20,000+ responses.  It's more believable.  

So far as I know 538 doesn’t do any polling. They aggregate other people’s polls. 

Polling is a fascinating and strange business. I can well understand why you might think that 1100 people questioned out of 300 million Americans seems to small a sample size. Yet it isn’t. Without explaining the math to you all that needs to be known is that there have been dozens of polls since the impeachment process began and they’ve all been close to 50%, some above, some below. But not by more than a few points. It’s stable enough so that if you told me that 60% of the public favored him being removed, or 60% opposed him being removed, I would doubt your results. 

That all being said, the polls right now really don’t tell us much. The polls a month from now will be much more telling. Will they tell us that the public believes the impeachment of as a waste of time and that Trump was exonerated? Will they tell us that the impeachment trial was a whitewash and cover up and Trump got away with it? That’s when we’ll know a lot more. 

19 minutes ago, The General said:

I follow it during March Madness.  When Kentucky is losing in the tournament, it eases my anxiety to see they still have a 54% chance of winning--however the heck they calculate that. 

I didn't realize they'd moved into the impeachment.

5 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

What bothers me the most about the haters is all trump wants to do is govern.  Recall it was Obama who said he wanted to fundamentally change the country. Trump just wants to govern. 

My friend, the President’s lawyers just argued in the well of the US Senate that whatever the President does it’s legal. 

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

So far as I know 538 doesn’t do any polling. They aggregate other people’s polls. 

Polling is a fascinating and strange business. I can well understand why you might think that 1100 people questioned out of 300 million Americans seems to small a sample size. Yet it isn’t. Without explaining the math to you all that needs to be known is that there have been dozens of polls since the impeachment process began and they’ve all been close to 50%, some above, some below. But not by more than a few points. It’s stable enough so that if you told me that 60% of the public favored him being removed, or 60% opposed him being removed, I would doubt your results. 

That all being said, the polls right now really don’t tell us much. The polls a month from now will be much more telling. Will they tell us that the public believes the impeachment of as a waste of time and that Trump was exonerated? Will they tell us that the impeachment trial was a whitewash and cover up and Trump got away with it? That’s when we’ll know a lot more. 

Agree with the bolded. 

It's hard to draw any solid conclusions out of it other than what the polls are literally asking. 

18 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I strongly disagree with this. Are you willing to have a discussion about it? 

No.  You post to much and there is no way even with me working from home could I keep up with you. Obama not Trump said fundamentally change. Dude didn’t love this country. If you said to your wife I want to fundamentally change you would she be happy?

• Like 3

Just now, boots11234 said:

They are lawyers doing what they are paid to do. Why is this a problem? 

Because that’s the justification for what Trump is doing and it states clearly that’s what he’s doing. If you don’t have a problem with the idea that American presidents are unlimited in powers, that our Constitution which limits powers of the the presidency is unenforceable, then you just don’t have a problem with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Because that’s the justification for what Trump is doing and it states clearly that’s what he’s doing. If you don’t have a problem with the idea that American presidents are unlimited in powers, that our Constitution which limits powers of the the presidency is unenforceable, then you just don’t have a problem with it.

I don't think that's the takeaway. 

That's the takeaway of Schiff and Schumer.  That's what they're telling you to take away.

The Senate felt that this wasn't "High crimes and misdemeanors." 

I believe there are things they would view as that.  I think there are things Presidents can do that are far worse than this.  And I think there are things Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, whoever could have done that would be bad enough to unite 67 Senators against them. 

The argument was--this wasn't to that level.  And the Senate clearly doesn't feel that it is.

21 minutes ago, timschochet said:

They aggregate polling but they weigh those that are more historically accurate for elections - that’s the “art” to their process is my take on what they do at 538.

This impeachment polling they look at all kinds of factors as to how the questions have been asked in the polls to try and eliminate things that could bias the poll. Again my take. 

Polling on this is always important to follow because that’s what the politicians are looking at. Let’s be honest they want to get reelected.

21 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

No.  You post to much and there is no way even with me working from home could I keep up with you. Obama not Trump said fundamentally change. Dude didn’t love this country. If you said to your wife I want to fundamentally change you would she be happy?

That depends on what it is I was trying to change. 

In any case you’re grossly incorrect on two points: Obama does love this country (so does Trump IMO) and Trump does want to fundamentally change it. 

38 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I don't think that's the takeaway. 

That's the takeaway of Schiff and Schumer.  That's what they're telling you to take away.

The Senate felt that this wasn't "High crimes and misdemeanors." 

I believe there are things they would view as that.  I think there are things Presidents can do that are far worse than this.  And I think there are things Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, whoever could have done that would be bad enough to unite 67 Senators against them. 

The argument was--this wasn't to that level.  And the Senate clearly doesn't feel that it is.

Whoa, I’m citing Dershowitz, Purpura, and Cipollone here.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

2 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Nobody who I encountered in my daily life (D or R) who I talk politics with ever mentioned impeachment. My brother is a hardcore Bernie Bro and a whiny Trump hater and he never brought it up. It’s like we all knew it was a completely predetermined outcome and a waste of time everybody’s time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Nobody who I encountered in my daily life (D or R) who I talk politics with ever mentioned impeachment. My brother is a hardcore Bernie Bro and a whiny Trump hater and he never brought it up. It’s like we all knew it was a completely predetermined outcome and a waste of time everybody’s time.

A little more research than you did

From what I’ve read it’s bout half the country think it’s bad use of Congress’ time. 

And shockingly how people feel about the process follows partisan lines.

15 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

It’s not on anyone’s radar as it was clearly political theater and a waste of our time and money. 

Maybe someone can forward this video to Nance so she can see how to hand out pens when you actually accomplish something. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-appears-to-mock-pelosi-by-handing-out-pens-during-bill-signing.amp

• Love 2

A protester who appears to be part of the comedy group The Good Liars disrupted former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign event in North Liberty, Iowa.

"I just want to say that you're a fine candidate, and I'm planning on settling for Biden in 2020," said the man wearing a "Settle for Biden" shirt. "I think we should all settle for Biden. I think you could be the Hillary of 2020."

:lmao: 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

:lmao: Schumer: 'if acquitted, there will be a permanent asterisk next to Trump's name therefore we win'. 

He actually thinks he's won. When they lose seats in the house & senate, they are gonna be standing there with their mouths open wondering how much damage their next coup attempt is gonna cause their own party.

• Like 3

I have said it many many times here on this thread, lord Trump plays chess while they are figuring their next move in checkers. He thinks too fast, too advanced for them. Doing all this while crowning his next achievement.  I can’t think of any other president who has accomplished so much in so little time. Certainly not a president in my lifetime. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Good to see some celebs realizing no one buys the faux rage and supporting the POTUS isn’t a bad thing. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-kansas-city-chiefs-defensive-end-frank-clark-wears-pro-trump-swag-to-super-bowl-press-conference

Dangerous times for Democrats indeed. As more and more minorities become woke to the bondage the Democrats have given in the guise of help, they will come to see and bask in the true help Trump offers them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place