What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

knowledge dropper said:
Please keep your posts focused on the topic and not on fellow posters.  
I did when i responded to you.  Try posting this ti those who got off topic and posted about me vs what was actually being discussed.

John Blutarsky said:
People need their safe space. Here it usually is the Anti-Trump crowd that talk about how many people they ignore. :lmao:
I don't get this....what's the point in ignoring people?  Are folks that bothered by someone with a difference of opinion?

I don't get this....what's the point in ignoring people?  Are folks that bothered by someone with a difference of opinion?
No.  It has zero to do with a difference in opinion.  It has to do with a person just being unreasonable and not worth discussing things with.  Plenty that aren't here for legitimate discussion and have proven it over and over and often under mutliple IDs.  Some people aren’t worth the time and its easier to just not see their posts at all.

I did when i responded to you.  Try posting this ti those who got off topic and posted about me vs what was actually being discussed.
I assume they are self policing our glorious thread so the anti-Trump crew doesn’t ruin it.

Joe told us to be better about self policing. The mods need to focus on preseason rankings instead of who called what a tribbles.  

Be respectful.  

No.  It has zero to do with a difference in opinion.  It has to do with a person just being unreasonable and not worth discussing things with.  Plenty that aren't here for legitimate discussion and have proven it over and over and often under mutliple IDs.  Some people aren’t worth the time and its easier to just not see their posts at all.
Based on that thinking everyone should have you on ignore. :thumbup:

I assume they are self policing our glorious thread so the anti-Trump crew doesn’t ruin it.

Joe told us to be better about self policing. The mods need to focus on preseason rankings instead of who called what a tribbles.  

Be respectful.  
Sure then self police the people who get off topic.  I spoke about Trump in a reply to a post about Trump.

Posting just about posters would ruin that...so police those that do so all you want.  And be consistent yourself.

Sure then self police the people who get off topic.  I spoke about Trump in a reply to a post about Trump.

Posting just about posters would ruin that...so police those that do so all you want.  And be consistent yourself.
This post has nothing to do with how many states Trump will win in the general election or if his landslide will be greater than the 2016 election. 

*SPOILER*

He will accomplish both.  

This post has nothing to do with how many states Trump will win in the general election or if his landslide will be greater than the 2016 election. 

*SPOILER*

He will accomplish both.  
Well, i don't believe many of the posts in this thread are about how many states trump will win or of there will be some landslide victory.  Not sure what this has to do with what I said or what the conversation was about.

I disagree...he will win some states.  I don't believe he wins...if he does, like last tome it wont be a landslide.

Well, i don't believe many of the posts in this thread are about how many states trump will win or of there will be some landslide victory.  Not sure what this has to do with what I said or what the conversation was about.

I disagree...he will win some states.  I don't believe he wins...if he does, like last tome it wont be a landslide.
If he wins again, the foundations of our country falling over a cliff will be the only landslide we'll see.

Because we'd be-electing a sexual predator, who belittles our intelligence agencies, talks-up brutal dictators, insults our federal judges, calls the press the enemy of the people, insults our allies, actively harms relationships with key allies, obstructs justice while in power to save himself and others around him from an investigation, belittles a legal investigation, belittles military heroes and POWs, lies repeatedly, can't coherently talk on matters of signficance, is overseeing a tragedy on our southern borders as it relates to treatment of immigrants, ....the list goes on and on related to things Trump embodies that run counter to what America stands for.

If he wins again, the foundations of our country falling over a cliff will be the only landslide we'll see.

Because we'd be-electing a sexual predator, who belittles our intelligence agencies, talks-up brutal dictators, insults our federal judges, calls the press the enemy of the people, insults our allies, actively harms relationships with key allies, obstructs justice while in power to save himself and others around him from an investigation, belittles a legal investigation, belittles military heroes and POWs, lies repeatedly, can't coherently talk on matters of signficance, is overseeing a tragedy on our southern borders as it relates to treatment of immigrants, ....the list goes on and on related to things Trump embodies that run counter to what America stands for.
Ugh..SAME THING was said when he won in 2016, yet remarkably, were all still here.    Shocking!!!  This schtick gets old...Wait, it IS old.  

Last edited by a moderator:

*SPOILER*

He will accomplish both.  
While I won't pretend to know what's going to happen but if we knew each other in the real world I'd love to take this bet.  Being the incumbent odds are stacked heavily in his favor to get re-elected but to win the GE and take more EC votes.  I'd happily jump on that. 

Ugh..SAME THING was said when he won in 2016, yet remarkably, were all still here.    Shocking!!!  This schtick gets old...Wait, it IS old.  
Same thing wasn't said in 2016.  We are still here, but it's been a brutal few years, and 8 years of this will be pretty bad for our country.

Trump doesn't embody the ideals of America.  He doesn't stand for what's good in our country.  He doesn't advocate for what's best among our principles.

He's an opportunist who finds something he can exploit, uses whatever methods he can to exploit a situation, reaps what he can personally from it, and moves on, many times leaving bankruptcy and screwed-over relationships in his path.  He's on track to do the same thing here.

He is a con-man.  Always has been, always will be, selling the idea that he's here for America, when it's really his personal bank account he's looking to improve, all the while using whatever levers of power are available to him to protect himself and his family and friends.

Hopefully, MSNBC and their ilk will write new talking points for them.  The old talking points are well past their expiration point.  Reasonable voters see right through these diversions.  

While I won't pretend to know what's going to happen but if we knew each other in the real world I'd love to take this bet.  Being the incumbent odds are stacked heavily in his favor to get re-elected but to win the GE and take more EC votes.  I'd happily jump on that. 
California and New York votes don’t count. 

how many states Trump will win in the general election or if his landslide will be greater than the 2016 election. 

*SPOILER*

He will accomplish both.  
 You think he will pick up States plus EVs?

I’d agree he could but then he’d better. He did 2 points worse than Romney and won by roughly 90K votes in 3 states. Not much room to do worse and still win.

Good article. It basically makes three points:

1, The economy is doing well.

2. The Democrats are fighting among themselves.

3. The Democrats may end up with a progressive candidate that Trump can defeat.

Here are reasonable rebuttals:

1. The economy has been doing very well for over a year, yet President Trump's disapproval numbers remain at a consistent 50-52%. This suggests that the public's views about Trump are fixed, and either a good or bad economy isn't going to move the dial much. For the same reason that Donald Trump has been immune to many of the criticisms that would bring down previous Presidents, I think he is also somewhat immune to the good news of the economy. Or put it this way: those people who credit Trump for the good economy and will vote for him because of it were already all in, and they're not enough to get him re-elected.

2. With 20 candidates, and a progressive vs. centrist struggle for control of the Democratic party, there was bound to be squabbling, and it will continue. But I think the writers of that article are dreaming if they think it will have any impact at all on the general election. The one thing the Democrats are unified on is beating Donald Trump. In fact I have never seen them so unified on anything. Whoever the candidate is, the Democrats will be extremely united behind that candidate.

3. My biggest worry. First off I don't believe that Trump will be able to paint either Biden or Harris as a true leftist (though he will try. But if it's one of them he will fail). His best shot at this is against Bernie or Warren. My estimation is that Bernie is fading- I never gave him much of a chance to be the nominee anyhow. Warren however is a serious threat. She's been overall an excellent candidate, makes sharp points, and yet she is in my opinion too leftist for the American public to elect as President. So I'm worried that if she gets the nomination, she will lose to Trump. She wins the nomination if Biden continues to stumble and Harris is unable to escape the inevitable criticism coming her way- that as an attorney general she did not behave in a progressive fashion. This could happen. On the other hand, the voters could turn to another centrist if Biden fades away- Klobuchar for instance. So the race is still wide open.

So my analysis is I don't think Trump supporters should be optimistic. Your man is underwater in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Florida. That's not good. It's going to be a close election but I think your best chance of winning is to go against Warren, and while that could still happen the odds remain against it.

Exactly, the fear mongering and ineffectiveness of the left is the main reason why we have the current President. They don’t offer any alternative......if they have a problem they should look in the mirror. 

Polls don't mean anything right now. The election is more than a year away.
Well then optimism shouldn't either.

But the polls do mean something because they're consistent. For example, Pennsylvania- probably the most decisive state. Trump won in 2016 because independents, some Obama Democrats, and particularly some suburban women were willing to give him a shot, while a lot of blacks and Bernie supporters stayed home. Meanwhile Trump managed to turn out extraordinary support among Republicans who were really energized.

Nearly 3 years later, the Republicans are still really energized. But the rest of it is gone. The independents and Obama Democrats are leaning against Trump, blacks and progressives will be energized to vote no matter who the candidate is, and suburban women have completely abandoned the President. And these results have been consistent for well over a year. You can argue that they will change before election day, but it's hard to see how, because opinions are so fixed.

Well then optimism shouldn't either.

But the polls do mean something because they're consistent. For example, Pennsylvania- probably the most decisive state. Trump won in 2016 because independents, some Obama Democrats, and particularly some suburban women were willing to give him a shot, while a lot of blacks and Bernie supporters stayed home. Meanwhile Trump managed to turn out extraordinary support among Republicans who were really energized.

Nearly 3 years later, the Republicans are still really energized. But the rest of it is gone. The independents and Obama Democrats are leaning against Trump, blacks and progressives will be energized to vote no matter who the candidate is, and suburban women have completely abandoned the President. And these results have been consistent for well over a year. You can argue that they will change before election day, but it's hard to see how, because opinions are so fixed.
I will start paying attention to polls when the Dems name their candidate.

Exactly, the fear mongering and ineffectiveness of the left is the main reason why we have the current President. They don’t offer any alternative......if they have a problem they should look in the mirror. 
No matter how foolish Democrats behave, either in the past, now, or in the future, the only people who are responsible for President Trump are the ones who chose to vote for President Trump. The embarrassment we're currently facing is completely on you, sir.

No matter how foolish Democrats behave, either in the past, now, or in the future, the only people who are responsible for President Trump are the ones who chose to vote for President Trump. The embarrassment we're currently facing is completely on you, sir.
What embarrassment?  

I think you mean embarrassment of riches.  

Not true, your party can’t provide anything better. 

And the ones who vote for a 3rd party candidate rather than the Democratic nominee.

Well Trump uses as much mongering as anyone and still does.

And yes. They offer alternatives.  Just about every candidate has offered an alternative to Trump policy and his behavior.

Misfit said:
YTD you're up about 20%, but if you go back a full year it's basically flat.  You've just now managed to recoup your December losses.
False, S&P 500 up 10.42% from 7/1/18-6/30/19.

Users who are viewing this thread