Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Tim is a recent convert to the Democratic Party and even now as a registered Democrat he is quite often out of step with other Democrats on this forum (and those I know outside of it). As I recall, he had a thread in 2018 with a title up for six months that said that for the November 2018 election "The Democrats have blown this" which could hardly be called prescient.

He is also one of the more stubborn posters (which I respect at times) so to see his post along with several other main stream media commentators echoing similar feelings, we can feel the tide turning.  Dems can no longer pretend things are ok, no matter how much the media says they are.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

I was right there in lockstep with you until the pretty funny part.  While I completely understand where you coming from with that statement (being lighthearted and finding the humor in things) but I honestly think it is sets very bad examples and can be dangerous.  These people are world leaders, literally, and their actions should reflect that.  When they act immature and petty, as Pelosi did last night and Trump does with his tweets and insults, it sets an example that that type of behavior is acceptable. I know this and worse has gone on for ages but the level of exposure was far more contained then it is now. When Pelosi does what she does the entire world sees it now, that wasn’t the case not that long ago.  

Besides policy one of the most important jobs of our world leaders is to set examples, we are doing an extremely poor job of this right now.  

Actually the pretty funny part I was referring to back in the day was the language of the time. Calling someone horse head etc is what I found funny when reading some of the old insults from 100 years ago. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump is rapidly becoming one of the biggest historical figures of this century.  He ended the Bush and Clinton dynasties and now there is a very good chance he causes the Democrat party to splinter with a win in 2020.  

The Dems are certainly not doing themselves any favors in this regard as well. It’s where the GOP has a significant advantage on the Democratic Party, they rally and stick together.  The DEMs tend to eat their own young.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump is rapidly becoming one of the biggest historical figures of this century.  He ended the Bush and Clinton dynasties and now there is a very good chance he causes the Democrat party to splinter with a win in 2020.  

As do most demagogues (see 20th century history for numerous examples) 

5 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

The Dems are certainly not doing themselves any favors in this regard as well. It’s where the GOP has a significant advantage on the Democratic Party, they rally and stick together.  The DEMs tend to eat their own young.  

Dems need better rallies.  They rally to hate on things. Trump rallies are like rock concerts.   

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Dems need better rallies.  They rally to hate on things. Trump rallies are like rock concerts.   

He definitely knows how to play to the crowd, of this there is no question.  He’s always been a marketing and branding genius imo.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jm192 said:

I agree it wasn’t a good luck for someone.

And commenting on it does not equate to having your feathers ruffled. You guys pretend that if the president doesn’t just ignore something, he’s bothered by it. He simply pointing out Pelosi’s childish behavior. And that simply politics.

Literally everyone is commenting on it.

#pettypelosi

#PelosiTantrum

#NancytheRipper  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I'll be interested to see what next week's polling looks like.  I also wish these polls posted the raw numbers.  The only thing the link shows is that 43% of the people polled were registered Dems.

so percentages of 47-42% really aren't impressive.  

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'll be interested to see what next week's polling looks like.  I also wish these polls posted the raw numbers.  The only thing the link shows is that 43% of the people polled were registered Dems.

so percentages of 47-42% really aren't impressive.  

After losing out on all the other dirty tricks the Dems have used on Trump, it will be back to their old staple -voter suppression.  Fake polls will be coming hourly until November trying to make us think our man is not popular in hopes we stay home.  

We know better.   

6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

After losing out on all the other dirty tricks the Dems have used on Trump, it will be back to their old staple -voter suppression.  Fake polls will be coming hourly until November trying to make us think our man is not popular in hopes we stay home.  

We know better.   

Wait, what, it is the Democrats that are the party of voter suppression?  :confused:

Have you missed what the GOP has been doing in multiple states over the years? To help refresh you memory.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/21/trump-adviser-republicans-voter-suppression

Top Trump adviser: Republicans have 'always' relied on voter suppression

One of Donald Trump’s top re-election advisers told influential Republicans in swing state Wisconsin that the party has “traditionally” relied on voter suppression to compete in battleground states, according to an audio recording of a private event. The adviser said later that his remarks referred to frequent and false accusations that Republicans employ such tactics.

One of Donald Trump’s top re-election advisers told influential Republicans in swing state Wisconsin that the party has “traditionally” relied on voter suppression to compete in battleground states, according to an audio recording of a private event. The adviser said later that his remarks referred to frequent and false accusations that Republicans employ such tactics.

[...]

Justin Clark, a senior political adviser and senior counsel to Trump’s re-election campaign, made the remarks about voter suppression on 21 November as part of a wide-ranging discussion about strategies in the 2020 campaign, including more aggressive use of monitoring of polling places on election day in November 2020.

“Traditionally it’s always been Republicans suppressing votes in places,” Clark said at the event. “Let’s start protecting our voters. We know where they are ... Let’s start playing offense a little bit. That’s what you’re going to see in 2020. It’s going to be a much bigger program, a much more aggressive program, a much better-funded program.”

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Wait, what, it is the Democrats that are the party of voter suppression?  :confused:

Have you missed what the GOP has been doing in multiple states over the years? To help refresh you memory.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/21/trump-adviser-republicans-voter-suppression

Top Trump adviser: Republicans have 'always' relied on voter suppression

[...]

Justin Clark, a senior political adviser and senior counsel to Trump’s re-election campaign, made the remarks about voter suppression on 21 November as part of a wide-ranging discussion about strategies in the 2020 campaign, including more aggressive use of monitoring of polling places on election day in November 2020.

“Traditionally it’s always been Republicans suppressing votes in places,” Clark said at the event. “Let’s start protecting our voters. We know where they are ... Let’s start playing offense a little bit. That’s what you’re going to see in 2020. It’s going to be a much bigger program, a much more aggressive program, a much better-funded program.”

Enforcement of laws is not suppressing votes.  Sorry

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

He has too much class to do that. 

Thanks, to me it's about respecting the dignity of the office, both in behavior and demeanor, always, but especially while engaging in constitutionally mandated activity - a SOTU address, before all of Congress, and before the people on tv - that our officials act with decency and respect for their office, but also in a respectful and unified way.

42 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think this moves the needle much

It just gives the media a brief (and completely unnecessary) lifeline to pivot  from the continuing DNC debacle and getting destroyed by Trump last night. Everybody will still dislike Mitt after the vote.

• Like 1

Pelosi is helping Trump with his fundraising.  Latest from campaign 

Nancy Pelosi has lost her mind.

Last night was a great and triumphant evening for our Country. While I gave a perfect State of the Union Address, Nancy threw a temper tantrum and ripped up the copy of the speech I gave her. She truly hates America. Take a look:

The Do Nothing Democrats are furious that, unlike previous Presidents, I’ve kept my promises to the American People and now America is WINNING like never before.

Nancy’s actions were an absolute disgrace and she is everything that is wrong with the Washington Swamp. When I ran for President, I told you I would DRAIN THE SWAMP, and that is exactly what I plan on doing, starting with Nancy.

There’s no better way to show her just how much Americans have REJECTED her than by fundraising off her little stunt, which is why I want to raise another TWO MILLION DOLLARS in the NEXT 24 HOURS.

Crushing Nancy and her liberal dreams is absolutely paramount, so I’m really counting on YOU stepping up. Make sure she hears you loud and clear, 

This is so critical that a special group of donors have agreed to an EMERGENCY DOUBLE-MATCH on ALL CONTRIBUTIONS.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT in the NEXT 24 HOURS to send Nancy Pelosi a message that enough is enough, and your gift will be DOUBLE-MATCHED >>

STAND WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP

CONTRIBUTE $5 = $15

CONTRIBUTE $20 = $60

CONTRIBUTE $15 = $45

CONTRIBUTE $10 = $30

CONTRIBUTE $5 = $15

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT

How can the Left argue with all of our great successes and continue to slave away for a corrupt Speaker that rips up a speech that said:

“We have created 7 million new jobs.”

“The unemployment rate is the lowest in over half a century.”

“Every young person should have a safe and secure environment in which to learn and grow.”

“Our message to terrorists is clear: you will never escape American justice. If you attack our citizens, you forfeit your life.”

I need you right now. It’s you and me against these Corrupt Liberals and I need to know I can count on you.

My team is giving me a list of EVERY PATRIOT who contributes to our $2 MILLION GOAL, and I’m expecting to see YOUR NAME on that list. Don’t let me down. Make sure Nervous Nancy hears you LOUD AND CLEAR.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT in the NEXT 24 HOURS to help us reach our $2,000,000 goal and to get on the list my team hands me.

Thank you, 

Donald J. Trump
President of the United States

• Like 1
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Well now that Romney has voted to impeach, they may be stronger than ever against Trump. Damn.

We’ll see.  As I’ve said before, people like surface data.  The result will be acquittal.  People make quips about the Patriots, but Brady and Belicihick are still considered the greatest ever.  They still have the same number of Super Bowls.

People will remember Trump was acquitted and it was largely along Partisan lines.

Just now, jm192 said:

We’ll see.  As I’ve said before, people like surface data.  The result will be acquittal.  People make quips about the Patriots, but Brady and Belicihick are still considered the greatest ever.  They still have the same number of Super Bowls.

People will remember Trump was acquitted and it was largely along Partisan lines.

We ended up today where we knew we would be all along.  The details of who voted for what will probably only matter in their own re-election in their home states.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt Romney is fine, it may hurt Collins and Jones, and eventually Manchin.  Jones was probably already out but today ended any chance he had. 

20 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

We ended up today where we knew we would be all along.  The details of who voted for what will probably only matter in their own re-election in their home states.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt Romney is fine, it may hurt Collins and Jones, and eventually Manchin.  Jones was probably already out but today ended any chance he had. 

On to the next crisis? Complete waste of everyone’s time, the only reason they did it is because they had numbers in the House so they knew they could Impeach him based on partisan hatred for him. Congrats?

• Like 1
Just now, GoBirds said:

On to the next crisis? Complete waste of everyone’s time, the only reason they did it is because they had numbers in the House so they knew they could Impeach him based on partisan hatred for him. Congrats?

There should be another "bombshell" pretty soon.  

7 hours ago, boots11234 said:

He did actually lie so yeah.

I don't defend Pelosi, but claiming it is beyond the pale when worse was done to the previous President - yes yelling liar in the middle of the speech is worse than her silently discarding her copy of a lie-filled speech - is silly.  Neither should have been done, but it certainly wasn't an unprecedented action.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KPD said:

I don't defend Pelosi, but claiming it is beyond the pale when worse was done to the previous President - yes yelling liar in the middle of the speech is worse than her silently discarding her copy of a lie-filled speech - is silly.  Neither should have been done, but it certainly wasn't an unprecedented action.

I missed it.  What was Obama called a liar for?

26 minutes ago, KPD said:

I hope Trump doesn't have a victory phone call planned for today or tomorrow like last time in June.

I do. And I hope it’s to Mitt Romney and leaked by the Vindman bothers and the whistleblower for all to hear. 

2 hours ago, KPD said:

Well the guy who did it apologized immediately while Pelosi defended it.   And to use the word “silently” is more than slightly disingenuous, she tore it up on live TV with more than 35 million watching. 

• Like 1

I don’t get why the Democrats don’t at least clap if not stand when the President announced record low unemployment for minorities. It would seem to me that they have minorities in their districts. Are they not happy about them working?  

Perhaps one of the resident leftie lurkers in this thread can answer this for me. 

Edited by boots11234
4 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

I don’t get why the Democrats don’t at least clap if not stand when the President announced record low unemployment for minorities. It would seem to me that they have minorities in their districts. Are they not happy about them working?  

Perhaps one of the resident leftie lurkers in this thread can answer this for me. 

Because he wasn't responsible for continuing the trend started under Obama. I could post the link again to the graph of black employment figures from the Obama to the Trump years but it was ignored the last time I did so. 

Edited by squistion
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 3
11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Because he wasn't responsible for continuing the trend started under Obama. I could post the link again to the graph of black employment figures from the Obama to the Trump years but it was ignored the last time I did so. 

And yet the numbers continue to improve despite all the gloom and doom predictions about his presidency. 

18 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

They have a syndrome. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

Oh now you want dialogue in here :lol: just kidding.

As a moderate lefty I’ll provide my take.

I thought these things always kind of go like this. One side goes nuts other side just sits there. I’d have to go back and look.

If it were me I’d clap for generic stuff that is good for the nation and just sit there when more questionable promises or statements are being made.

Probably didn’t help when Trump prefaced all the numbers by saying HE saved us from financial ruin when he has just continued to ride what was left him. Probably is a way to be a little more respectful for the hand that he was dealt and still take credit for continued good numbers. We all know that’s not his style and everything is hyperbole, greatest ever yada yada.

There also is an argument that some would make that they don’t see him as a legitimate at this point so no applause.

My 2 cents why they didn’t clap. 

Edited by The General
52 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

And yet the numbers continue to improve despite all the gloom and doom predictions about his presidency. 

You know the drill, when things are good it’s because of Obama. But when something is bad blame Trump.

• Like 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place