Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Stop hiding behind what you think Joe said.

Be honest for once and look back at what happened.  Then wonder why you continue to  blame me for the crap your buddies brought to this.  I doubt you will.

Would you like a link?  He's told you that several times, recently in the moderation thread. Even started a separate thread about it with you and Jon, you remember. 

But like I said, keep ignoring him. I don't care. 

Just now, tonydead said:

Would you like a link?  He's told you that several times, recently in the moderation thread. Even started a separate thread about it with you and Jon, you remember. 

But like I said, keep ignoring him. I don't care. 

I know exactly what he said actually.  Im not ignoring him at all.

Some of you seem to be though.

And as I thought...impossible to admit what started all of this tonight.

You know I thought that, despite the cheerleading title of this thread, it might be a place to have a serious discussion about Trump’s re-election chances. We could have an amicable debate between Trump supporters and critics about his strategy, about which states are important, about how he can repeat what happened in 2016 or improve on it. I would really enjoy such a discussion. I’ve tried to contribute to it. 

But instead what we’ve got here is probably the worst thread in this sub forum. The Trump supporters rarely argue or explain; they gloat and insult and whine whenever anyone disagrees with them. The Trump critics mostly insult, and then every few pages there are about a dozen posts of “you said this”, “no you said this” and I don’t know what the hell is going on. Except that it’s unreadable. 

And all of you stop with the “Joe Bryant told you to not do this” crap. Are we in grade school or something? 

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Link

Don't be a board cop.  Simply drop it and get back on topic. Not being known for being an instigator will go a long way for people to start taking you seriously. 

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You know I thought that, despite the cheerleading title of this thread, it might be a place to have a serious discussion about Trump’s re-election chances. We could have an amicable debate between Trump supporters and critics about his strategy, about which states are important, about how he can repeat what happened in 2016 or improve on it. I would really enjoy such a discussion. I’ve tried to contribute to it. 

But instead what we’ve got here is probably the worst thread in this sub forum. The Trump supporters rarely argue or explain; they gloat and insult and whine whenever anyone disagrees with them. The Trump critics mostly insult, and then every few pages there are about a dozen posts of “you said this”, “no you said this” and I don’t know what the hell is going on. Except that it’s unreadable. 

And all of you stop with the “Joe Bryant told you to not do this” crap. Are we in grade school or something? 

You seem big-kid-ed.

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Link

Don't be a board cop.  Simply drop it and get back on topic. Not being known for being an instigator will go a long way for people to start taking you seriously. 

It wasn't being a board cop .  I asked a question.   

Being honest would help you.  As well as fewer posts just talking about a poster (me)

11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You're involved in this schtick in multiple threads every day and every night.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

OMG this made me :lmao:

Go back and read some of your threads, oh my. 

The regular complainers chiming in off topic gets really old but Tim occasionally for comic relief like this should be allowed. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Why do you click on the thread then?

Just now, timschochet said:

Why not just ignore his posts? 

You missed the favor part. 

Call it like you see it Tim, but, someone has been addressed by Joe several times just like that link. He even felt compelled to start a thread about it once.  Sho is the worst and always in denial. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Why do you click on the thread then?

I already answered that. Sometimes, rarely, there is good stuff here. John Blutarsky posted a really good opinion piece today about why Trump is optimistic. I don’t agree it (I explained why at length) but it was thoughtful. That’s the kind of discussion I’d love to have. 

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

So I should just report him then?  Trying to do him a favor, besides, I don't report. 

Report me for what?  It would highlight that instead of answering questions...multiple trump posters instead posted just about me.

Just now, tonydead said:

You missed the favor part. 

Call it like you see it Tim, but, someone has been addressed by Joe several times just like that link. He even felt compelled to start a thread about it once.  Sho is the worst and always in denial. 

So what? Who cares? 

I don’t share your opinion about Sho Nuff. I like him, like a lot of his posts. Same for you by the way. But if I didn’t, if like you I thought he was the worst and always in denial, I certainly wouldn’t waste time trying to do him a “favor” by attacking him in post after post. Nor would I report him. I’d simply tune him out and move on to discuss stuff with people I like. 

4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

So do I but for whatever reason the past few weeks has been nothing but the crap from him you see in here. You want to screw around a little fine , but everything thing he posts lately is just trying to push buttons. He’s actually ruining the boards 

If you feel that way, then don’t respond to him. One guy can’t ruin the board. But when people argue about dumb stuff for page after page after page, that can ruin the board. But it always takes more than one guy. He’s not arguing with himself. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump’s approval ratings at an all time high.  :thumbup:

And that number is still below the 50% mark. Correct me if I am wrong but is this the first President in modern times that the question of whether a President has acted Presidential in a was asked in a poll? 65% believe he has acted unpresidential while just 28 % believe he has acted fitting and proper.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If you feel that way, then don’t respond to him. One guy can’t ruin the board. But when people argue about dumb stuff for page after page after page, that can ruin the board. But it always takes more than one guy. He’s not arguing with himself. 

Yeah but if you add a few of the other regular one liner Trump hate posters egging him on it's enough to ruin this thread. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Let’s celebrate today is the day Trump hit his highest approval rating in his presidency.  It’s only going up from today.  The tide had turned.  The lights have been turned on and the anti-Trump crowd is scurrying into the shadows of history. 

:thumbup::clap::headbang::tebow:

LINK

"The economy served as the only issue where a majority said they approve of Trump's performance, according to the poll. Fifty-one percent of respondents said they approved of the way he has handled economic issues since entering the White House. Forty-two percent said they disapprove of his handling of the economy. 

Meanwhile, a majority of respondents said they disapprove of how Trump has handled immigration, health care, issues of special concern to women, abortion, climate change, gun violence and foreign policy. Forty-nine percent said they disapprove of the way he's handled taxes, while 42 percent said they approve. 

In addition, 65 percent of respondents said Trump has acted in an "unpresidential" way since taking office. Twenty-eight percent said he has acted in a "fitting and proper" way." 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Let’s celebrate today is the day Trump hit his highest approval rating in his presidency.  It’s only going up from today.  The tide had turned.  The lights have been turned on and the anti-Trump crowd is scurrying into the shadows of history. 

:thumbup::clap::headbang::tebow:

Lolz.  This is how Bills fans act when their team is sitting at 5-7.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

😬 I don’t know about that one. I consider you as being just as bad. So are Ramblin Wreck, GoBirds, Otis, Hell Toupee, Knowledge Dropper and Don’t Noonan just off the top of my head. You guys can make some great conversation when you choose to but spend most of your time screwing around with giving others crap and stirring the pot. Its obvious some of you enjoy it and I feel like it’s the only reason why you post some days. 

I admit that it’s really enjoyable when we do get a good conversation going without getting sidetracked though. 

First ballot HOFer IMO 

7 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Report me for what?  It would highlight that instead of answering questions...multiple trump posters instead posted just about me.

You have to know what you are doing in this thread as well as many others. I have seen you be value added at times, so you are capable of it.  

Let someone else handle the inquisitions to back up their posts if warranted.  You lost all credibility on that long ago when people have asked you to do the same and you won’t.  Don’t fight every fight   It’s killing the discourse in here   

Back on topic, Biden is still the toughest in the field to beat.  The AOC crew nipping at his heels every day is a godsend.  Maybe they get so upset they run a third party progressive candidate.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

You have to know what you are doing in this thread as well as many others. I have seen you be value added at times, so you are capable of it.  

Let someone else handle the inquisitions to back up their posts if warranted.  You lost all credibility on that long ago when people have asked you to do the same and you won’t.  Don’t fight every fight   It’s killing the discourse in here   

Back on topic, Biden is still the toughest in the field to beat.  The AOC crew nipping at his heels every day is a godsend.  Maybe they get so upset they run a third party progressive candidate.  :thumbup:

Regarding Biden, as many knock that our current President is a reality show start does it negatively impact Biden that he’s attempting to look like Bob Barker while getting owned by other candidates?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

One of these people will definitely do something like that.  The Democrat Party is disintegrating/splintering right before our very eyes with the AOC crowd now publicly challenging Pelosi at every turn and driving every Dem candidate far left.

The best part about it is the (most of them) hate Trump crowd is too stuck in daily phony outrage cycles to wake up until it’s too late.  Gonna be a lot of fun! :popcorn: 

First off they won’t. 

Second I’m not sure that Biden is still the toughest. I really believe that your man would face severe trouble against Kamala Harris. 

Third, The odds remain against Trump no matter who the Democratic nominee is. Trump can still win but he is not favored to do so. 

16 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Ugh..SAME THING was said when he won in 2016, yet remarkably, were all still here.    Shocking!!!  This schtick gets old...Wait, it IS old.  

Find one thing he said that isn't true or that is hyperbole. As for the guy who said the talking points are old, why are we still hearing about Hillary from the Trump team? She's not even running. Trump has no real talking points, but the talking points against him are adding up too quickly to count. Regardless, Trump's incompetence and reprehensible actions are always relevant. They don't get old. We're talking about reelecting a guy with six bankruptcies to his name who is currently running up the deficit which no one in here wants to acknowledge. What happened to Republicans being fiscally conservative??

15 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

California and New York votes don’t count. 

Speaking of schtick....

15 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Trump’s approval ratings at an all time high.  :thumbup:

That was one single poll. If you look at aggregated polls, he's still middling around the low 40s: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

He's the only president to fail to crack 50% for his first two years and only Truman had a lower median approval rating. Trump is bigly unpopular. 

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

One of these people will definitely do something like that.  The Democrat Party is disintegrating/splintering right before our very eyes with the AOC crowd now publicly challenging Pelosi at every turn and driving every Dem candidate far left.

The best part about it is the (most of them) hate Trump crowd is too stuck in daily phony outrage cycles to wake up until it’s too late.  Gonna be a lot of fun! :popcorn: 

You guys are creating a false narrative in your minds. It doesn’t exist. Yes, eventually there will be a schism between progressive and centrist Democrats and we’ll have to see where it goes. But not now. Democrats are unified like never before to defeat Trump. They won’t sit at home. They won’t split their votes. 

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

President Trump back up to 50% and 3pts higher than Obama at this point in his presidency. :thumbup:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul08

3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

President Trump back up to 50% and 3pts higher than Obama at this point in his presidency. :thumbup:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul08

Again... use an aggregator: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

He's nowhere near 50%.

Plus, everyone knows there's a strong correlation between the economy and presidential approval ratings, so it is even more damning that he's around 42% during this economy. Obama was in the middle of a recession at this point in his presidency. 

• Like 1

I womt get in all the other back and forth with this. But this bolded is just not true.

Biden should withdraw I think the fade has already started and wont stop...too many flubs and a history of just that...not sure who you are referring as the AOC crew.

And several others are still there close and would not be easy for Trump to beat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

it is even more damning that he's around 42% during this economy. Obama was in the middle of a recession at this point in his presidency. 

This is a very important point IMO. I’ve been saying for some time that I’m no longer convinced that “It’s the economy stupid!” applies to Donald Trump. He was not elected for economic reasons. He will not win re-election based on on economic reasons. 

31 minutes ago, timschochet said:

First off they won’t. 

Second I’m not sure that Biden is still the toughest. I really believe that your man would face severe trouble against Kamala Harris. 

Third, The odds remain against Trump no matter who the Democratic nominee is. Trump can still win but he is not favored to do so. 

Harris is my least feared candidate.  

21 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I womt get in all the other back and forth with this. But this bolded is just not true.

Biden should withdraw I think the fade has already started and wont stop...too many flubs and a history of just that...not sure who you are referring as the AOC crew.

And several others are still there close and would not be easy for Trump to beat.

The key phrase for both you in this is "back on topic".

Please keep it there. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Because? 

Oh the right wing have got their attack points in order for her.  Starting with how she supposedly slept her way to the top.

Of course Trump supporters will fail to see the irony in this tactic but that's the norm these days. 

Just now, timschochet said:

Because? 

The whole black vs. African American debate will go front and center.  She has not handled well and could easily implode on her.  She is picking up on some ideas like $100 billion loan assistance for blacks and back to busing.  She does not play well in the states she needs to and picks unpopular sides (eg Jussie Smollet and anti Knights of Columbus). 

She is one of the easiest targets in a 1:1 race.  

1 minute ago, James Daulton said:

Oh the right wing have got their attack points in order for her.  Starting with how she supposedly slept her way to the top.

Of course Trump supporters will fail to see the irony in this tactic but that's the norm these days. 

“HeelsupHarris” has already been a Twitter trend.  

44 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Find one thing he said that isn't true or that is hyperbole. As for the guy who said the talking points are old, why are we still hearing about Hillary from the Trump team? She's not even running. Trump has no real talking points, but the talking points against him are adding up too quickly to count. Regardless, Trump's incompetence and reprehensible actions are always relevant. They don't get old. We're talking about reelecting a guy with six bankruptcies to his name who is currently running up the deficit which no one in here wants to acknowledge. What happened to Republicans being fiscally conservative??

Speaking of schtick....

That was one single poll. If you look at aggregated polls, he's still middling around the low 40s: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

He's the only president to fail to crack 50% for his first two years and only Truman had a lower median approval rating. Trump is bigly unpopular. 

Truman was a good President that guided us through some of our toughest times after inheriting a mess.  He had to make some of the toughest decisions any President had to make.  Sometimes doing the RIGHT thing is not the POPULAR thing.  People will start to recognize that (and I think they already are) and Trump will get re-elected.   

4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The whole black vs. African American debate will go front and center.  She has not handled well and could easily implode on her.  She is picking up on some ideas like $100 billion loan assistance for blacks and back to busing.  She does not play well in the states she needs to and picks unpopular sides (eg Jussie Smollet and anti Knights of Columbus). 

She is one of the easiest targets in a 1:1 race.  

I don't get why the first line would be an issue.  That seems a nitpicky point that will only make her critics look really bad.  I think she has handled that part fine.

Id also love to see where you get that she does not play well in states she needs.  Have any info on that?

6 hours ago, The General said:

LINK

"The economy served as the only issue where a majority said they approve of Trump's performance, according to the poll. Fifty-one percent of respondents said they approved of the way he has handled economic issues since entering the White House. Forty-two percent said they disapprove of his handling of the economy. 

Meanwhile, a majority of respondents said they disapprove of how Trump has handled immigration, health care, issues of special concern to women, abortion, climate change, gun violence and foreign policy. Forty-nine percent said they disapprove of the way he's handled taxes, while 42 percent said they approve. 

In addition, 65 percent of respondents said Trump has acted in an "unpresidential" way since taking office. Twenty-eight percent said he has acted in a "fitting and proper" way." 

Getting excited about this poll is like the parents being proud of their child's report card when he got a "C" in one subject and an "F" in all the other subjects and poor conduct to boot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The whole black vs. African American debate will go front and center.  She has not handled well and could easily implode on her.  

Are you referring here to the conspiracy meme that because she is part Jamaican she is not really black? Do you find this a serious matter of concern? 

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

I don't get why the first line would be an issue.  That seems a nitpicky point that will only make her critics look really bad.  I think she has handled that part fine.

Id also love to see where you get that she does not play well in states she needs.  Have any info on that?

Don Lemon pointed this out and her handlers botched it. 

I live in Ohio.  She has no buzz here. 

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place