What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (12 Viewers)

Invoking precedent is not a whataboutism.  

So you support the misogyny and lawlessness espoused in many of the lyrics of these esteemed guests?  Seems much worse than a couple of glorified cartoonists sharing a laugh with our President.  
That isn’t precedent though.

I support music and the arts of music.  I don't like many of those artists...and misogyny and lawless behavior isn't just in rap music but most music.

These aren't just cartoonists...and you know that.

How many times have Democrats been caught freaking out and pretending things Trump has did or said in the last week alone were completely new?

”Omg Trump is having a military parade unheard of!” Washington Post of all places shows we have had 4 parades since 1940.

”Omg Trump told people not to come into the US if they are going to cry about the conditions here!” Out comes a clip of Obama from 2011 basically saying the same thing.

The left is just melting down with phony outrage anymore. 
I dont think anyone freaked out.  Just opined sarcastically about the normalcy of that.

So you using a whataboutisms re Obama is not hijacking or diverting the thread from it's Trump 2020 subject matter?

There does seem to be a double standard here regarding whataboutisms: "OK for me but not for thee."
Falsehood.  

I think Trump’s election warchest gives him a huge advantage in the general election.  Hopefully, the Democrat field stays large and close to Biden so they burn through lots of money trying to get the nomination.  

Trump’s success is driving them crazy.  
It really is. After all they have thrown at President Trump to see him get up every morning and dish it right back is really taking its toll.  Not to mention the terrible field of Democrats they have.  Just a brutal time in history for Team D.

BET founder says the Democrat party has moved too far left and if they don’t move to the center they will lose-

America's political establishment is riven with partisanship that has become "very wicked and very mean," said entrepreneur and media mogul Robert Johnson, who added that the Democratic Party has become too liberal for his liking.

"The party in my opinion, for me personally, has moved too far to the left," Johnson, the founder of cable network BET and RLJ Companies business network, told CNBC's Hadley Gamble Tuesday.

"And for that reason, I don't have a particular candidate (I'm supporting) in the party at this time," he said. "I think at the end of the day, if a Democrat is going to beat Trump, then that person, he or she, will have to move to the center and you can't wait too long to do that."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/07/09/democrats-too-far-to-the-left-bet-networks-bob-johnson-says.html

It’s a fractured party that deep down has to realize they are wrong on the core issues of the day.  
I don't believe they are wrong on the core issues.  Immigration, healthcare, education...the GOP is not standing for anything good on those issues currently.

They have no answer for healthcare at all.

Devos and her plans have been failures before and aren't a way to move forward.

And build a wall and make it harder even for legal immigration is not the right stance...especially while stonewalling legislation for dreamers.

I don't believe the left is as fractured as you think.

False.  Link?
Im not searching the thread...but blexit has been discussed nearly every time you have brought it uo.

Here you can see it was pushed by bots...

https://www.inquisitr.com/5145471/blexit-twitter-accounts-candace-owens-disinformation/amp/

Rather than just polling...how about how the midterms went by race?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/11/08/the-2018-midterm-vote-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

90% support of democrat candidates.

How many times have Democrats been caught freaking out and pretending things Trump has did or said in the last week alone were completely new?

”Omg Trump is having a military parade unheard of!” Washington Post of all places shows we have had 4 parades since 1940.

”Omg Trump told people not to come into the US if they are going to cry about the conditions here!” Out comes a clip of Obama from 2011 basically saying the same thing.

The left is just melting down with phony outrage anymore. 
See here’s where we agree. These criticisms are not only stupid IMO, they’re a waste of time. 

Whoever is the nominee needs to stick to some basic points about Trump that affect everybody who will be voting, such as: 

Trump is wrong on healthcare. 

Trump is wrong on climate change. 

AND- for suburban women: Trump is installing judges who are intent on making all abortions illegal. 

Stick to these messages and the Democrat will won easily. But avoid focusing on the following items: 

Russia 

Corruption 

Immigration 

Nationalism 

Trade 

Racism and bigotry 

Free healthcare 

Free education 

Tax increases 

Current state of the economy 

Crime and Punishment 

These issues, unfortunately, all favor Trump. They shouldn’t. There’s not a single one of these issues in which I couldn’t argue, pretty easily, that Trump sucks. But the public doesn’t listen to argument or reason, they listen to emotion. And the sad truth is that on each of these issues Trump captures the emotion of a good chunk of the American public, far beyond his core supporters. Or, as in the case of Russia and corruption, not enough people care. 

So- stick to healthcare, climate change, and abortion for suburban women. And you will win. Easy formula unless you blow it (which they easily could.) 

See here’s where we agree. These criticisms are not only stupid IMO, they’re a waste of time. 

Whoever is the nominee needs to stick to some basic points about Trump that affect everybody who will be voting, such as: 

AND- for suburban women: Trump is installing judges who are intent on making all abortions illegal. 

Stick to these messages and the Democrat will won easily. But avoid focusing on the following items: 

Russia 

Corruption 

Immigration 

Nationalism 

Trade 

Racism and bigotry 

Free healthcare 

Free education 

Tax increases 

Crime and Punishment 

These issues, unfortunately, all favor Trump. They shouldn’t. There’s not a single one of these issues in which I couldn’t argue, pretty easily, that Trump sucks. But the public doesn’t listen to argument or reason, they listen to emotion. And the sad truth is that on each of these issues Trump captures the emotion of a good chunk of the American public, far beyond his core supporters. Or, as in the case of Russia and corruption, not enough people care. 

So- stick to healthcare, climate change, and abortion for suburban women. And you will win. Easy formula unless you blow it (which they easily could.) 
Have you ever considered you’re wrong?

But let's cut to the chase, Knowledge Dropper: you believe that in 2020, suburban women will vote for Donald Trump in the same numbers or greater numbers than they did in 2016? Because I don't. Based on everything I'm seeing and hearing, those numbers will be way down. Of course, it's only important in certain states: Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc. But those are the states I'm speaking of.

Russia 

Corruption 

Immigration 

Nationalism 

Trade 

Racism and bigotry 

Free healthcare 

Free education 

Tax increases 

Crime and Punishment 

I agree with a good chunk of this, and I think it’s a good plan for the Democrat candidate.  But here’s the kicker, the media is basically driving the Democrat party these days, which in turn makes Democrats react to these ridiculous stories, which are like you say a complete waste of time. 

Another thing wasting tons of time and energy for Team D is the relitigating the 2016 campaign.  Nobody bought into the Trump conspiracies the first time and nobody will this time.

So how does a Democrat candidate stay on message?  I don’t think it’s possible. 

But let's cut to the chase, Knowledge Dropper: you believe that in 2020, suburban women will vote for Donald Trump in the same numbers or greater numbers than they did in 2016? Because I don't. Based on everything I'm seeing and hearing, those numbers will be way down. Of course, it's only important in certain states: Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc. But those are the states I'm speaking of.
Depends on the candidate, but Trump loves women and they love him.  No US President has empowered more women in his cabinet or inner circle than Trump.  

same thing

Its a message board, I’m not into the whole brevity thing
No it isn't and It has been used since Joe McCarthy's time as an epithet.

The use of Democrat as an adjective is ungrammatical, which one would think a supposed former English Major would get right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party in the United States, used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While historical and occasional current usage includes non-hostile appearances, the term has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators.[1]

Last edited by a moderator:
No it isn't and It has been used since Joe McCarthy's time as an epithet.

The use of Democrat as an adjective ungrammatical, which one would think a supposed former English Major would get right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party in the United States, used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While historical and occasional current usage includes non-hostile appearances, the term has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators.[1]
Tomato, tomahto. 

Keep in on topic and cut the filibustering. 

Tomato, tomahto. 

Keep in on topic and cut the filibustering. 
I will be glad to providing people here don't keep describing the Democratic Party using a disparaging abbreviation. This is just a simple request for some common courtesy in using the correct terminology.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really deserves its own thread.  :lmao:  Why does this keep happening?!

Democrats on the House Oversight Committee have deleted tweets that promoted an upcoming Wednesday afternoon hearing on “kids in cages” after being called out for using Obama-era images of migrants in detention to highlight current conditions at the border.

“Last week, members of our committee visited a detention center at the southern border and discovered grotesque treatment of children,” the first tweet, posted Tuesday afternoon, said. “This week, we are examining the inhumane treatment of the children in these detention centers.”

But the tweet included a photograph taken by The Associated Press in 2014, during the Obama administration, showing migrants in detention in Arizona. The Trump campaign flagged the soon-deleted tweet and noted the image comes from a time when current Democratic presidential primary front-runner Joe Biden was vice president.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dems-use-obama-era-photo-to-promote-hearing-on-kids-in-cages.amp

Users who are viewing this thread