What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

Hospitals are begging for tests, masks, ventilators, beds, and money. They’re not getting it. It’s complete chaos and Jared Kushner is reportedly making things much worse. Trump is blaming local authorities and said today “I am not a shipping clerk.” 

Much of this could have been handled by the pandemic office which Trump eliminated last year. Too late for that now. It’s a calamity and the President takes no responsibility. 
Time to take a step back Tim. 

Trump and his team have been tremendous. I think they need to dial back the questions from the embarrassing media though. 80% of them are there to throw out gotcha questions and waste peoples time. Or worse yet complete shills for a China.  

:hifive:

I looked it up earlier today when it was used in my office 

“Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities,’ reads one definition. ‘This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies. ‘The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido”
Oh I'm pretty sure you knew what it meant prior, but even if you just discovered it today, I was under the impression that we weren't supposed to unleash these sorts of insulting terms used to label the other side of the voting spectrum?  I could be wrong, I've tried to social distance myself from the PSF but I do seem to recall some sort of hullabaloo from the powers that be to play nice and avoid using insulting terminology up in here.  For instance, I can't call Trump supporters 'idiots' or 'booger eaters' or 'mouth breathers' or 'middle school dropouts' and I don't think you're supposed to call Trump non-supporters 'soy boys' or 'snowflakes' or 'cucks' or 'betas'. 

Am I right?  I think I'm right.  

“Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities,’ reads one definition. ‘This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies. ‘The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido”
Soy boy been around a while, even on here.  Here's our buddy Weebs using it in 2018.

And a very DETAILED description of the term from a 2017 post on FBG.

Anyhow, nothing new, though it could very well be new to you.  

This has been General Malaise for YouTube insult etymology

Democrats on this board: Orange man bad!! 

Ilhan Omar: President Trump has exhibited unprecedented leadership.

Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar unexpectedly praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday night, saying it was "incredible and the right response in this critical time."

Omar, normally a staunch critic of the White House who herself has repeatedly drawn the president's ire, went on to quote Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., as saying "unprecedented times require unprecedented leadership" -- and, Omar added, "we are seeing that in our country right now."

Finally, we should never let politics get in the way of good policy," Omar concluded. "This is a great start and hope others will be part of a united front to push for good policies that will help us work through the economic anxiety the country is feeling right now."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ilhan-omar-praises-trumps-incredible-response-to-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB11oy7x

Oh I'm pretty sure you knew what it meant prior, but even if you just discovered it today, I was under the impression that we weren't supposed to unleash these sorts of insulting terms used to label the other side of the voting spectrum?  I could be wrong, I've tried to social distance myself from the PSF but I do seem to recall some sort of hullabaloo from the powers that be to play nice and avoid using insulting terminology up in here.  For instance, I can't call Trump supporters 'idiots' or 'booger eaters' or 'mouth breathers' or 'middle school dropouts' and I don't think you're supposed to call Trump non-supporters 'soy boys' or 'snowflakes' or 'cucks' or 'betas'. 

Am I right?  I think I'm right.  
Where do I label any side of the voting spectrum? To me it’s an indictment on the younger generations becoming soft and slothlike by living our good lives. 

I don’t know what you are looking for but keep at it Clouseau

Where do I label any side of the voting spectrum? To me it’s an indictment on the younger generations becoming soft and slothlike by living our good lives. 

I don’t know what you are looking for but keep at it Clouseau
You are correct, you didn't use the label on a voting spectrum.  Mea culpa.  But you weren't using the term 'soy boy' as any sort of compliment, were you?  You just think all the men in the country now are soy boys or just a certain segment?   Is it just the younger kids of military age that are soy boys?  What about the kids that are already in the military?  Are they soy boys?  So much questions! 

You are correct, you didn't use the label on a voting spectrum.  Mea culpa.  But you weren't using the term 'soy boy' as any sort of compliment, were you?  You just think all the men in the country now are soy boys or just a certain segment?   Is it just the younger kids of military age that are soy boys?  What about the kids that are already in the military?  Are they soy boys?  So much questions! 
Nah , blanket statement , I have 3 college age kids and none fit the category. But be that as it may lock on and tell me what’s in my mind and keep posting it. Whatever you say 

wtf does soy boys mean?

Yep I would agree that term fits Trump pretty well.  Avoid draft, cry about unfair constantly  and refuse responsibility as a leader is pretty much the definition of “utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities”.  

Yep I would agree that term fits Trump pretty well.  Avoid draft, cry about unfair constantly  and refuse responsibility as a leader is pretty much the definition of “utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities”.  
I was going to post something similar, but you nailed it.

Yep, and if I say anything about it I get banned for a month.
Why? Are you unable to respond without writing something that would cause you to be banned? 

I listed a number of very specific complaints about President Trump’s performance. Just in case here they are again: 

1. Over a year ago he eliminated the Pandemic Office which would have dealt with this exact situation. 

2. There is a shortage of tests. It is being reported in several news outlets  that President Trump was made aware of this shortage over a month ago and took no action to resolve it because he feared that increased numbers would hurt his re-election chances. Even today Trump continues to push the line that people not sick should not be tested, which goes against the firm advice of most medical experts who argue that the best way to solve this issue is to test everyone, or as many as possible. 

3. He has not ordered the army of engineers to build more hospital beds despite having the power to do so and despite being urged to do so by experts for over two weeks now. 

4. He has not asked industry to provide much requested masks and ventilators despite having the power to do so and despite being urged to do so by experts for over two weeks now. When asked he says that this is the job of state and local authorities, not the federal government. 

5. Despite recommending social distancing he has not issued any orders regarding this (though he has the right, and IMO the responsibility to do so) again deferring to state and local authorities. 

Do you have any specific response to these concerns? Or are you going to advise me to walk away, accuse me of panic, or post something that will get you suspended again? 

Why? Are you unable to respond without writing something that would cause you to be banned? 

I listed a number of very specific complaints about President Trump’s performance. Just in case here they are again: 

1. Over a year ago he eliminated the Pandemic Office which would have dealt with this exact situation. 

2. There is a shortage of tests. It is being reported in several news outlets  that President Trump was made aware of this shortage over a month ago and took no action to resolve it because he feared that increased numbers would hurt his re-election chances. Even today Trump continues to push the line that people not sick should not be tested, which goes against the firm advice of most medical experts who argue that the best way to solve this issue is to test everyone, or as many as possible. 

3. He has not ordered the army of engineers to build more hospital beds despite having the power to do so and despite being urged to do so by experts for over two weeks now. 

4. He has not asked industry to provide much requested masks and ventilators despite having the power to do so and despite being urged to do so by experts for over two weeks now. When asked he says that this is the job of state and local authorities, not the federal government. 

5. Despite recommending social distancing he has not issued any orders regarding this (though he has the right, and IMO the responsibility to do so) again deferring to state and local authorities. 

Do you have any specific response to these concerns? Or are you going to advise me to walk away, accuse me of panic, or post something that will get you suspended again? 
I think if he did all that, the left would find another 5 things to overreact and complain about.  The dude can't win no matter what he does.  There's always going to be a made up reason to get panicked over.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s best to ignore the trolls trying to blame a deadly disease on POTUS. It’s like blaming 9/11 on W, don’t bite the hook and hopefully some will stop polluting this thread. Too bad after MT asked for it to stay out of this thread it was never enforced. Shocked. 
This is good advice. Also always keep in mind this forum doesn’t come close to representing the actual world. I mean we got a group of posters in the China thread saying China doesn’t even owe the world an apology. 

It’s best to ignore the trolls trying to blame a deadly disease on POTUS. It’s like blaming 9/11 on W, don’t bite the hook and hopefully some will stop polluting this thread. Too bad after MT asked for it to stay out of this thread it was never enforced. Shocked. 
Hmm - who is blaming Trump for a deadly disease?  

To the extent that anyone is blaming Trump for the coronavirus - I think they are wrong.

Seems like most of the complaints are directed at his response (or lack thereof) to the global pandemic.  On that point - Trump, and his administration, have been sorely lacking.

This is good advice. Also always keep in mind this forum doesn’t come close to representing the actual world. I mean we got a group of posters in the China thread saying China doesn’t even owe the world an apology. 
Once an echo chamber has established itself like this good luck. We just have to be happy with our lil niche......if that hasn’t been completely overrun. 😂

I think if he did all that, the left would find another 5 things to overreact and complain about.  The dude can't win no matter what he does.  There's always going to be a made up reason to get panicked over.
These are MY complaints, not “the left”. If he acted on them I wouldn’t have any complaints. 

This is the 2nd or 3rd time you have accused me of overreacting yet you still haven’t refuted a single specific thing I have written. Despite what @GoBirds is saying, I am not blaming President Trump for the virus. I am blaming him for very specific failures to act. Not a single one of you have chosen to address any of this. 

These are MY complaints, not “the left”. If he acted on them I wouldn’t have any complaints. 

This is the 2nd or 3rd time you have accused me of overreacting yet you still haven’t refuted a single specific thing I have written. Despite what @GoBirds is saying, I am not blaming President Trump for the virus. I am blaming him for very specific failures to act. Not a single one of you have chosen to address any of this. 
Sorry, Tim.  Overreacting may have been a bit harsh.  However,  aside from that, you aren't the only one expressing those opinions. 

Maybe this will give you some hope:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783421-official-covid-19-coronavirus-thread/?do=findComment&comment=22585917

I want to point out that since I posted there have been a subsequent 10-15 posts and not a single poster has addressed it, but continue to just talk about everything else but that.  Actually, one poster gave me a like.

I'll give her a go:

1- I guess so, haven't bothered to look it up.  Not sure they would have been prepared for this type of assault or not, that's just speculation.

2- Fake News.  The biggest reason for the shortage was the first test developed by the CDC, back in January in SOP response, failed.  Trump probably said some things but I doubt that had any affect on the CDC's efforts.  Do you have a credible link saying he told the CDC to stop?

3- Without looking up anything to this claim, the idea that the Corps of Engineers can build beds (don't you mean facilities) any time soon is preposterous.  Tents and ships have been deployed.

4- Fake News.  The conference today went into length about how masks are being addressed by the industry, Pense toured 3M's facility. 35,000,000 masks a month.  Why did you ignore that part?

5- He stated, ordered, whatever catch phrase you want to use to hold gatherings to 10 people or less.  The state and local governments failed to do that for spring break (ask yourself why).  Whether you like it or not - it's up to state and local official to do that.  Your dream of the military taking over all 50 enforcing martial law is preposterous.  (An anecdotal example for you - I'm sitting at work right now in the red zone of King County.  Inslee still hasn't enacted shutter at home.  And guess what, even if he did, or the president did because Inslee wont, the government agency that my company has contracts with won't.  They are currently posturing to say ours are "essential" contracts.  They aren't essential, again ask yourself why)

Here is why - $  And if anything Trump is doling out the money compared to what the state and local governments are doing.  Trump is crushing anything Inslee is doing.

I think I'd have to give you a pretty poor grade with these complaints.

@tonydead when I have time a little later I will address your rebuttals. But I really appreciate your willingness to engage with me on these specific issues. Thanks for that. 👍 
Hey Tim!

Just want to keep you updated that absolutely ZERO posters responded to my post about a possible treatment breakthrough up to this point.  That was 2 hours ago.   I posted it in the FFA and PSF:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783982-government-response-to-the-coronavirus/?do=findComment&comment=22585957

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783421-official-covid-19-coronavirus-thread/?do=findComment&comment=22585917

IMO, that's because they're only focused on Trump.  This is a good indicator, IMO, that people are only interested in "getting" Trump and complaining.  They're not even talking about the possible breakthrough.  It's as if it doesn't even matter (at least in here).

Hey Tim!

Just want to keep you updated that absolutely ZERO posters responded to my post about a possible treatment breakthrough up to this point.  That was 2 hours ago.   I posted it in the FFA and PSF:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783982-government-response-to-the-coronavirus/?do=findComment&comment=22585957

IMO, that's because they're only focused on Trump.  This is a good indicator, IMO, that people are only interested in "getting" Trump and complaining.  They're not even talking about the possible breakthrough.  It's as if it doesn't even matter (at least in here).
Yeah it’s been all over the news. The best guess is that it helps treat the symptoms for the virus and is not a cure, and that it will take a few months before we know if it is even that. But I’m for any kind of good news so let’s hope. 

But I disagree with you very strongly about the motivations of those critical of President Trump. I think everybody wants out of this situation. In my case, as I’ve written before, if you offered me an immediate end to this in exchange for 4 more years of Trump followed by 8 years of Don Jr. I’d gladly take that deal. I think most people would. 

I'll give her a go:

1- I guess so, haven't bothered to look it up.  Not sure they would have been prepared for this type of assault or not, that's just speculation.

2- Fake News.  The biggest reason for the shortage was the first test developed by the CDC, back in January in SOP response, failed.  Trump probably said some things but I doubt that had any affect on the CDC's efforts.  Do you have a credible link saying he told the CDC to stop?

3- Without looking up anything to this claim, the idea that the Corps of Engineers can build beds (don't you mean facilities) any time soon is preposterous.  Tents and ships have been deployed.

4- Fake News.  The conference today went into length about how masks are being addressed by the industry, Pense toured 3M's facility. 35,000,000 masks a month.  Why did you ignore that part?

5- He stated, ordered, whatever catch phrase you want to use to hold gatherings to 10 people or less.  The state and local governments failed to do that for spring break (ask yourself why).  Whether you like it or not - it's up to state and local official to do that.  Your dream of the military taking over all 50 enforcing martial law is preposterous.  (An anecdotal example for you - I'm sitting at work right now in the red zone of King County.  Inslee still hasn't enacted shutter at home.  And guess what, even if he did, or the president did because Inslee wont, the government agency that my company has contracts with won't.  They are currently posturing to say ours are "essential" contracts.  They aren't essential, again ask yourself why)

Here is why - $  And if anything Trump is doling out the money compared to what the state and local governments are doing.  Trump is crushing anything Inslee is doing.

There are no perfect responses to this right now. Everyone is scrambling so hard to catch up. Mistakes are going to be made. No way everyone is going to be happy. Been so busy and the news moves so fast that personally haven’t been able to keep up but overall in my limited judgement it feels like everyone in government I hear, Trump included, are pulling in the same direction now. 

What Trump should be getting blamed for is his initial reaction. It was beyond piss poor. Hopefully there will be plenty of time to judge this is the summer because we have come through the other side and there isn’t this cloud of uncertainty out there.

But, I don’t know how anyone looks at his comments and actions on this as it was building and not judge him very, very poorly. 

Agreed I don’t understand why Inslee hasn’t called to lock down King county either. I do feel he has made many good moves as well though. 

I'll give her a go:

OK, lets take these one by one:

1. Is it speculation to think that the pandemic office would have been prepared? What exactly do you think it's purpose was? Here is an article by Beth Cameron, who ran the White House Pandemic Office which President Trump shut down: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-ran-the-white-house-pandemic-office-trump-closed-it/ar-BB1192Xy 

She writes:

In a health security crisis, speed is essential. When this new coronavirus emerged, there was no clear White House-led structure to oversee our response, and we lost valuable time. Yes, we have capable and committed global and national disease-prevention and management organizations, as well as state and local health departments, all working overtime now. But even in prepared cities like Seattle, health systems are struggling to test patients and keep pace with growing caseloads. The specter of rapid community transmission and exponential growth is real and daunting. The job of a White House pandemics office would have been to get ahead: to accelerate the response, empower experts, anticipate failures, and act quickly and transparently to solve problems. 

There's a lot more. Please read the entire article and decide for yourself whether or not President Trump made things much worse by foolishly eliminating this office. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever. 

2. The report that Trump didn't want more testing is not fake news. It comes from a variety of sources, originally from NPR, which is hardly a disreputable source. Here is a summary from Business Insider: https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-trump-high-infection-rate-dent-reelection-report-2020-3

I believe this is true. But whether it is or not, what has Trump done regarding tests since that original reporting? The answer is: he has lied to the American public. First he said that anyone who wants a test can get a test. That turned out to be false. Then, on 3 consecutive weeks on 3 separate occasions, he stated that millions of tests were being made immediately available to hospitals that very week. Each of these statements turned out to be false. Then last week President Trump lashed out, blaming the CDC (from which tirade I suspect you got your information), the Obama administration, and the media. Finally today he stated that it's not his responsibility anyhow, he's "not a mail carrier", and it's up to state and local authorities to figure this out. If you regard this behavior as defensible in a time of crisis, I do not. It's complete utter incompetence. 

3. This article correctly sums up the issue with the Army Corp of Engineers: 

https://news.yahoo.com/fema-army-corps-engineers-still-145521365.html

It was Governor Cuomo's original idea that the Corp of Engineers could be used to quickly build temporary hospitals, including beds, which despite your statement to the contrary can be done fairly quickly. For the past 3 days including today, President Trump has agreed with Cuomo and pledged to use both the Corp and FEMA, but as the article demonstrates, neither have received any instruction! At the moment they are just waiting around for orders. This is not, IMO, an example of deliberate bad behavior on the part of President Trump, as the lack of testing very well may be. It is, however, yet another sign of his gross incompetence, and part of the entire problem with his behavior here: he doesn't have any notion of how to lead. He expects the states to handle their own problems, and then he can take credit for it if it works, and blame them if it fails. His primary concern appears to be with his own reputation. 

4. With regard to both masks and ventilators, things are moving slowly. As you correctly point out, there is some positive news with some private industries, particularly Elon Musk, willing to contribute, and the Defense department also playing a significant role. President Trump yesterday invoked a Korean War law which allows him to direct industry to manufacture these items. Yet he refuses so far to implement it. Medical experts called on him to do this over a month ago, but he won't do it probably because he doesn't want to piss off his industry buddies in the manufacturing world. The shortages are about to hit us big time and cost many lives. 

5. And now we get to the crux of the matter. Trump hasn't ordered ANYTHING. After 2 months of downplaying this crisis, referring to it as a media hoax, stating it was completely under control, he reversed himself 48 hours ago and called for social distancing as a recommendation. Not surprisingly, a significant number of people, many of them his supporters who still believe it's a hoax, are ignoring him: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-deniers-outbreak-hoax/2020/03/19/46bc5e46-6872-11ea-b313-df458622c2cc_story.html

If Trump orders a lockdown, as the governor of California just did, the public WILL obey him. But until he does, many people won't. Trump has a responsibility to do this (his main one; he is sworn to protect the public) and if he does not, history and the American people will find him culpable for the deaths that occur. 

OK, lets take these one by one:

1. Is it speculation to think that the pandemic office would have been prepared? What exactly do you think it's purpose was? Here is an article by Beth Cameron, who ran the White House Pandemic Office which President Trump shut down: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-ran-the-white-house-pandemic-office-trump-closed-it/ar-BB1192Xy 

She writes:

In a health security crisis, speed is essential. When this new coronavirus emerged, there was no clear White House-led structure to oversee our response, and we lost valuable time. Yes, we have capable and committed global and national disease-prevention and management organizations, as well as state and local health departments, all working overtime now. But even in prepared cities like Seattle, health systems are struggling to test patients and keep pace with growing caseloads. The specter of rapid community transmission and exponential growth is real and daunting. The job of a White House pandemics office would have been to get ahead: to accelerate the response, empower experts, anticipate failures, and act quickly and transparently to solve problems. 

There's a lot more. Please read the entire article and decide for yourself whether or not President Trump made things much worse by foolishly eliminating this office. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever. 

2. The report that Trump didn't want more testing is not fake news. It comes from a variety of sources, originally from NPR, which is hardly a disreputable source. Here is a summary from Business Insider: https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-trump-high-infection-rate-dent-reelection-report-2020-3

I believe this is true. But whether it is or not, what has Trump done regarding tests since that original reporting? The answer is: he has lied to the American public. First he said that anyone who wants a test can get a test. That turned out to be false. Then, on 3 consecutive weeks on 3 separate occasions, he stated that millions of tests were being made immediately available to hospitals that very week. Each of these statements turned out to be false. Then last week President Trump lashed out, blaming the CDC (from which tirade I suspect you got your information), the Obama administration, and the media. Finally today he stated that it's not his responsibility anyhow, he's "not a mail carrier", and it's up to state and local authorities to figure this out. If you regard this behavior as defensible in a time of crisis, I do not. It's complete utter incompetence. 

3. This article correctly sums up the issue with the Army Corp of Engineers: 

https://news.yahoo.com/fema-army-corps-engineers-still-145521365.html

It was Governor Cuomo's original idea that the Corp of Engineers could be used to quickly build temporary hospitals, including beds, which despite your statement to the contrary can be done fairly quickly. For the past 3 days including today, President Trump has agreed with Cuomo and pledged to use both the Corp and FEMA, but as the article demonstrates, neither have received any instruction! At the moment they are just waiting around for orders. This is not, IMO, an example of deliberate bad behavior on the part of President Trump, as the lack of testing very well may be. It is, however, yet another sign of his gross incompetence, and part of the entire problem with his behavior here: he doesn't have any notion of how to lead. He expects the states to handle their own problems, and then he can take credit for it if it works, and blame them if it fails. His primary concern appears to be with his own reputation. 

4. With regard to both masks and ventilators, things are moving slowly. As you correctly point out, there is some positive news with some private industries, particularly Elon Musk, willing to contribute, and the Defense department also playing a significant role. President Trump yesterday invoked a Korean War law which allows him to direct industry to manufacture these items. Yet he refuses so far to implement it. Medical experts called on him to do this over a month ago, but he won't do it probably because he doesn't want to piss off his industry buddies in the manufacturing world. The shortages are about to hit us big time and cost many lives. 

5. And now we get to the crux of the matter. Trump hasn't ordered ANYTHING. After 2 months of downplaying this crisis, referring to it as a media hoax, stating it was completely under control, he reversed himself 48 hours ago and called for social distancing as a recommendation. Not surprisingly, a significant number of people, many of them his supporters who still believe it's a hoax, are ignoring him: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-deniers-outbreak-hoax/2020/03/19/46bc5e46-6872-11ea-b313-df458622c2cc_story.html

If Trump orders a lockdown, as the governor of California just did, the public WILL obey him. But until he does, many people won't. Trump has a responsibility to do this (his main one; he is sworn to protect the public) and if he does not, history and the American people will find him culpable for the deaths that occur. 
1- pass

2- your link and claim is he didnt push for more?  Ok, we agree CDC kept going and didnt stop. Fake news. 

3- dont have time to look into FEMA, but army Corp isnt going to be able to act quick enough. They mostly outsource now days. 

4- you keep completely, conveniently, ignoring everything they reported was done and are doing today 

5- no orders are coming from the federal government unless it's to shut down the entire country, he gave the experts guidelines to not gather in 10 or less the guy in Florida screwed up spring break and the guy in California is taking it to the extreme. You keep failing to understand how the government works. 50 different situations and 50 decisions to be made. Multiple that over with counties and cities that are imposing their own measures, that's how it's supposed to work. 

Biden mocked Trump's blocking of travel from China when he implemented it.  Thank goodness Biden was not in charge when this virus started.
Shutting down travel from China does makes sense to me. I’d say that was a good move. When it gets here though how much does it help.

If you are concerned with quotes though from people about this here’s just a few from Trump there are too many to post them all honestly: 

On Jan. 22, Trump was asked, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?" He replied: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

Trump on Jan. 30: “We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.”

Trump on Feb. 2: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

On Feb. 23, Trump pronounced the situation “very much under control” and added: “We had 12, at one point. And now they’ve gotten very much better. Many of them are fully recovered.”

On Feb. 25, Trump tweeted about “Cryin’ Chuck Schumer” and mocked Schumer for arguing that Trump should be more aggressive in fighting the virus.

On Feb. 27, Trump predicted: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

On March 2, Trump said: “We’re talking about a much smaller range” of deaths than from the flu. On March 4, he said, about coronavirus: “It’s very mild.”

Users who are viewing this thread