What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (11 Viewers)

Why can't they just say that it was wrong when Obama did it, and what's happening now is wrong? I'm sick of their hypocrisy, but even more sick of people attempting to use that hypocrisy to defend what's happening right now.
You want them to be less hypocritical by saying it was wrong back then when they just ignored it?

You want them to be less hypocritical by saying it was wrong back then when they just ignored it?
I really don't care. I want them, and everybody else, to criticize what's happening now.

Actually that's not even right. I want to stop what's happening now and treat these people as human beings. How can we get that to happen?

Just pointing out, again, how foolish you look every time you reference a poll.   
No.

I know what you think about polling, but your examples are really silly.  When I offer polls as evidence, I don't ever rely on outliers. Every poll that I cite represents months of consistency. For instance, support among women, especially suburban women, of Donald Trump dropped rapidly in the first quarter of 2017 and has stayed steady ever since. The numbers I quoted were based on over 2 full years of polling. That is absolutely reliable.

Now I can't predict it will be that way in November of 2020. Perhaps, for some reason that I can't foresee, the numbers will return to the 2016 level. But that will be a big surprise.

There is also the argument, made implicitly by Knowledge Dropper (but directly by many others) that a lot of people that are for Trump don't tell the pollsters they are for Trump, because they're embarrassed about it. We have to accept this as a possibility. But I think that it if you poll the same people over several months there should be some sort of indication of that phenomenon already factored in.  We will see. 

That's too easy.  The same way everyone was "ok" with Obama, Bush or Clinton when they did that.  Trump has spent less than Obama did in the first two years, straight up.  Projected over two terms he's still less than Obama. Percentage wise he's spent less than Obama, Bush or Clinton in their first two years.  So far, despite popular opinion, the numbers say he's done a better job of the modern presidents.  If you are looking for negative numbers and reduction of dept, something no modern president has done, I don't know what to tell you.  
Obama’s driven up by having to have government fund themselves out of a potential meltdown of 1929 proportions. Obama deficits came down after first 4 years and bounced around in the 400-7000 billion range from 2013-2016, no?

I wrote that in jest, but in all seriousness I'd be hard put to find reasons for disqualifying Rapinoe that would not apply, in far greater terms, to our existing President.
Exactly. Why not vote for any warm body that has proven less corrupt and less incompetent than Trump? 

No.

I know what you think about polling, but your examples are really silly.  When I offer polls as evidence, I don't ever rely on outliers. Every poll that I cite represents months of consistency. For instance, support among women, especially suburban women, of Donald Trump dropped rapidly in the first quarter of 2017 and has stayed steady ever since. The numbers I quoted were based on over 2 full years of polling. That is absolutely reliable.

Now I can't predict it will be that way in November of 2020. Perhaps, for some reason that I can't foresee, the numbers will return to the 2016 level. But that will be a big surprise.

There is also the argument, made implicitly by Knowledge Dropper (but directly by many others) that a lot of people that are for Trump don't tell the pollsters they are for Trump, because they're embarrassed about it. We have to accept this as a possibility. But I think that it if you poll the same people over several months there should be some sort of indication of that phenomenon already factored in.  We will see. 
You're using polling to support polling---that can't be done.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama’s driven up by having to have government fund themselves out of a potential meltdown of 1929 proportions. Obama deficits came down after first 4 years and bounced around in the 400-7000 billion range from 2013-2016, no?
There are all kinds of factors that are different you can point to if you want, the article you linked didn't, it just went on to say it's ballooning under Trump.  Well, percentage wise it's ballooned less than the previous 3 presidents so far.

There are all kinds of factors that are different you can point to if you want, the article you linked didn't, it just went on to say it's ballooning under Trump.  Well, percentage wise it's ballooned less than the previous 3 presidents so far.
Would you agree that government spending would be understandably out of control when you are trying to spend/fund your way out of a financial crisis?

Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong US deficit dropped to 400-600 billion at the end of Obama's run.

Would you agree that if we were in the midst of the "greatest economy in the history of the country" that it is unusual that the deficit is ballooning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you agree that government spending would be understandably out of control when you are trying to spend fund your way out of a financial crisis?

Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong US deficit dropped to 400-600 billion at the end of Obama's run.

Would you agree that if we were in the midst of the "greatest economy in the history of the country" that it is unusual that the deficit is ballooning?
Set all the traps you want, the economy is doing great right now.

Set all the traps you want, the economy is doing great right now.
I know you won't click on the link, so I'll just copy and bold it:

That being said, it's so painful to hear these two phrases:
"Hurr durr, the economy is so great under Trump."
"Hurr durr, the budget will be screwed if a dem gets elected."

News flash, you people currently have a man with six bankruptcies under his belt who was America's biggest financial loser over a decade in office. It should be no surprise that he's running up twin deficits (federal and trade). Obama (love him, hate him, or whatever - it's not important) had to spend money to get out of an inherited recession, however, Trump has increased the deficits over Obama's during a good ecomony as sho nuff touched on. This is insane. He claimed he was going to balance the budget when campaigning, but he's actually made it worse. The dude is straight up financially incompetent. The economy was swinging upwards when he took office, oil price luckily went up for him, and he's recklessly repealed every EPA regulation he can which obviously helps our related industries at the detriment of the environment. The current economy is not a feather in his cap. It's a combination of those listed factors. The spending almost certainly will NOT get worse if a democrat is elected because it is already atrocious. 

Suburban women LOVE Trump
They do? Even against Hillary his support among women was so so.  Among white women, barely an edge over a candidate people hated.

I think its his best soot among women, but not necessarily a love at all.

Then you have other demographic issues...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/02/22/trumps_real_2020_foe_demographics_of_the_electorate_139543.amp.html

And state by state can be found here using the drop box to pick a state.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

Google. ——-> Common Knowledge 
You made am assertion...back it up with something.  Ive shown you that blexit pushed by bots, also that black voters went overwhelmingly for democrats in the midterms.

Saying blacks will stay home or are leaving is not common knowledge...that is an opinion unsupported by fact.

Back up your claim please

They do? Even against Hillary his support among women was so so.  Among white women, barely an edge over a candidate people hated.

I think its his best soot among women, but not necessarily a love at all.

Then you have other demographic issues...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/02/22/trumps_real_2020_foe_demographics_of_the_electorate_139543.amp.html

And state by state can be found here using the drop box to pick a state.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/
He defeated a white female decisively in the White female demographic.  Don’t you remember the I’m with her campaign or all the angry women?  How about finally breaking that glass ceiling on election night?

He will be fine in 2020.  Women are drawn to him.  

You made am assertion...back it up with something.  Ive shown you that blexit pushed by bots, also that black voters went overwhelmingly for democrats in the midterms.

Saying blacks will stay home or are leaving is not common knowledge...that is an opinion unsupported by fact.

Back up your claim please
:fishing:   See black voter turnout in 2016.  

Candace Owens is not a Russian Bot.  

:fishing:   See black voter turnout in 2016.  

Candace Owens is not a Russian Bot.  
Its not fishing...you made an assertion as if it were fact, you are being asked to support it and you refuse to do so.

Turnout in 2016 does not equal turnout now...Im asking you to support a current claim. Hillary isn't running.

I didn’t say Candace was a Russian bot, I factually stated blexit being pushed by bits and supported it with a link.

He defeated a white female decisively in the White female demographic.  Don’t you remember the I’m with her campaign or all the angry women?  How about finally breaking that glass ceiling on election night?

He will be fine in 2020.  Women are drawn to him.  
He defeated her by 2% points with white females.

https://www.people-press.org/2018/08/09/an-examination-of-the-2016-electorate-based-on-validated-voters/

And that was against a candidate women didn't like.

Its not fishing...you made an assertion as if it were fact, you are being asked to support it and you refuse to do so.

Turnout in 2016 does not equal turnout now...Im asking you to support a current claim. Hillary isn't running.

I didn’t say Candace was a Russian bot, I factually stated blexit being pushed by bits and supported it with a link.
Prove me wrong 

Users who are viewing this thread