Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

12 hours ago, The General said:

Trump struggled to build a fence in 3 years :lol:

Oof. I can’t think of a worse time than now to mock border security. Joe Biden will probably flip flop back to his original  position of needing a wall any day now. 

• Replies 33.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

Oof. I can’t think of a worse time than now to mock border security. Joe Biden will probably flip flop back to his original  position of needing a wall any day now. 

True. That tipped over fence has been the key component to stopping the invasion of the invisible scoorge!

8 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I thought we were blaming China?  Has it been Mexico this whole time?

16 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Has there ever been a stronger realization than now (most of us knew this) that the media doesn’t actually report news but tries to shape it regarding their boycott of the task force meetings?  I didn’t think the media could possibly shame itself any more than it already has, but I was wrong.

Pence is on CNN live now, unfettered, and you know what he's great. The place where he falters is when he has to do those awful rear end defenses of Trump. Similarly the medical and HHS and DHS staff around Trump on that dais day after day have been great. At some point, and it's usually right after he finishes his opening remarks, the president simply becomes a hindrance to getting accurate, useful, needed information out in a time of extreme crisis.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Pence is on CNN live now, unfettered, and you know what he's great. The place where he falters is when he has to do those awful rear end defenses of Trump. Similarly the medical and HHS and DHS staff around Trump on that dais day after day have been great. At some point, and it's usually right after he finishes his opening remarks, the president simply becomes a hindrance to getting accurate, useful, needed information out in a time of extreme crisis.

It's right around when he begins the defecting of any blame. He starts going on about how there are 151 other nations dealing with this and no one saw this coming or lately that if we did nothing as he was being told by "business leaders" and ride this out like a cowboy that we would have 2 million dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Trump has been President three years. I won't rehash some of the decisions along the way under his watch, some made personally by him.

It would be good if we had an honest discussion as a country R & D & I about national health and security policy addressing novel viruses. We have had SARS, MERS, H1N1/swine, Ebola. This is actually accelerated past climate change because it's not only imminent, it's here. I have noticed that much of our ventilator and mask/surgical equipment supplies have been coming from military stockpiles and warehousing. Obviously we have had a need to be prepared for bioweapons attacks, either from foreign adversaries like Russia or China but also possibly terrorists. There have been several national security reports on this, yet most recently in the middle of this crisis Trump fired his Director of National Intelligence and his chief of staff, and he also blocked testimony on the Hill about the yearly national security threat briefing, of which this was surely a piece. That's not an attack on Trump (obviously it's a criticism), it's really a plea for everyone, including Trump supporters but also Trump critics, to put this on the front burner. Since 2000 alone, we have had global terrorism, climate change and now this novel virus spread as part of our suite of national security threats arise. Please consider calling for reform and serious policy from Trump and really any administration that comes next. We have a lot on our plate, America.

BUT TRUMP!!!

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/article241672081.html

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

“In 2006, citing the threat of avian flu, then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced the state would invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a powerful set of medical weapons to deploy in the case of large-scale emergencies and natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires and pandemics,” according to a story by Reveal, a project by the Center for Investigative Reporting.

Schwarzenegger bought the equipment while state coffers were flush. Then along came the Great Recession. In 2010, California voters tasked Brown with fixing the budget deficit Arnold left behind. Among the things he cut: Schwarzenegger’s pandemic stockpile.

“In 2011, the administration of a fiscally minded Democratic governor, Jerry Brown, who came into office facing a $26-billion deficit,” wrote Reveal’s reporters. “And so, that year, the state cut off the money to store and maintain the stockpile of supplies and the mobile hospitals. The hospitals were defunded before they’d ever been used.”

“It’s the nearsightedness of political decision-making,” said Dr. Howard Backer, former head of California’s Emergency Medical Services Authority. “If you talked to the experts, we knew that pandemics were going to come around.”

The medical stockpile included 2,400 ventilators, 50 million N95 masks and scores of mobile hospital beds. All would be extremely useful now. How much did skinflint Brown save by cutting them? A mere $5.8 million a year.

- I'm only going to agree with this as a criticism of Brown. And btw Schwarzenegger got a lot of #### for his administration but this was obviously very forward thinking. - My main point though is about formulating policy moving forward and absolutely demanding that our public officials make this a priority. I hope that happens.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I suppose this is Trump's fault too

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2020/03/31/coronavirus-ut-students-test-positive-after-spring-break-trip/5097512002/

28 University of Texas students test positive for coronavirus after Mexico spring break trip, officials say

Duh.  

Trump’s tan makes it look cool for everyone to have a tan. They just wanted to be like Trump.  

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

So no election, just add 4 years to Trump's term?  And when a D wins office (it might happen sometime), you'd be good with them doing the same?  Or are we just joking around?

37 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

28 University of Texas students test positive for coronavirus after Mexico spring break trip, officials say

Annual right of passage at UT. File this under repeated, yearly idiocy. Also put it alongside Florida.

5 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-ratings-flat-first-quarter

MSNBC treads water during jam-packed news quarter, fails to add viewers

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-ratings-2020-best-history

Fox News Channel ratings for first quarter of 2020 are the highest in network history

In before the snarky rebuttal by scoop or his pal

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
42 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-ratings-flat-first-quarter

MSNBC treads water during jam-packed news quarter, fails to add viewers

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-ratings-2020-best-history

Fox News Channel ratings for first quarter of 2020 are the highest in network history

People see through the whiny rage movement, its been 4 years of :deadhorse:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do wonder, when this is all over and we are looking back on this, whether we'll be able to make any meaningful determinations about the fate of those who trust more in Trump and the right wing media, and those who trust more in experts and the MSM. 

Will we be able to trace health outcomes in the two groups and make any kind of objective conclusion about which sources of truth ended up being more reliable?

• Laughing 1
15 minutes ago, adonis said:

I do wonder, when this is all over and we are looking back on this, whether we'll be able to make any meaningful determinations about the fate of those who trust more in Trump and the right wing media, and those who trust more in experts and the MSM. 

Will we be able to trace health outcomes in the two groups and make any kind of objective conclusion about which sources of truth ended up being more reliable?

I doubt it.  The virus doesn't care how you got it - whether you got it on the beach at a party or at the once a month grocery trip you made.  Rural folks will be farther from medical care if they might need it, but urban folks are going to be fighting for space at the crowded medical centers that get slammed by everyone needing help at the same time.

30 minutes ago, adonis said:

Nonsense like this should not be posted in this thread.  TIA.  

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, adonis said:

The experts are not on the same side as the MSM, to say so is dishonest.

• Like 1

A plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr Anthony Fauci , Hillary Clinton, and a ten year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there is only 4 parachutes. Dr Fauci, says “I need one. I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. The pope says “I need one, I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. Hillary says “I am the smartest woman in the world; I won the popular vote in 2016 and I should be President.” She takes one and jumps. President Trump says to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting". The 10 year old said "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest woman in the world just took my school bag."

:lmao:    :pickle:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5
6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

A plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr Anthony Fauci , Hillary Clinton, and a ten year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there is only 4 parachutes. Dr Fauci, says “I need one. I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. The pope says “I need one, I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. Hillary says “I am the smartest woman in the world; I won the popular vote in 2016 and I should be President.” She takes one and jumps. President Trump says to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting". The 10 year old said "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest woman in the world just took my school bag."

Made me chuckle.

26 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Made my day.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Make sure you report it

oh, i'm sure someone here will. Its what they live for. Back years ago before we became this 'you hurt my feelings' society of wimps, that would have been a hit on late night TV.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, adonis said:

A joke involving Hillary plummeting to her death is a big hit in here.  Who could've seen that coming?

How do you know she died? Got any proof? Her back pack could have contained a parachute. You don't know.

• Like 1

I saw the same basic joke with Trump as the butt of it last week. Meh. As for the election thing, we should be prepping right now for mass absentee voting and an online platform. I am sure most States aren't though. 

Edited by Ilov80s

President Trump was asked his opinion of Governor DeSantis’ decision to exclude religious services from his shelter in place order. Trump declined to offer an opinion. 

Pretty shameful; this is why he’ll always be one of the weakest Presidents in our history. He refuses to take responsibility for anything. Least alpha politician in my lifetime for sure. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 3
15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

President Trump was asked his opinion of Governor DeSantis’ decision to exclude religious services from his shelter in place order. Trump declined to offer an opinion. 

Pretty shameful; this is why he’ll always be one of the weakest Presidents in our history. He refuses to take responsibility for anything. Least alpha politician in my lifetime for sure. 

Luckily he got to follow Obama who was the weakest ever, accomplished the least, and led the worst “recovery” out of recession in the history of EVER. Maybe that’s why it appears he’s doing such a great job. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Luckily he got to follow Obama who was the weakest ever, accomplished the least, and led the worst “recovery” out of recession in the history of EVER. Maybe that’s why it appears he’s doing such a great job. 

Yeah whatever. I honestly don’t care about that comparison or whoever you want to compare him too. What I care about is that Trump isn’t willing to tell a governor that it’s unsafe to let people gather for religious services because he’s apparently frightened of pissing off his religious base and doesn’t want the buck passed to him, and the result is that people are going to get sick and die. It’s shameful; there’s no excuse for it. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
48 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I think you meant most transparent President in our history. He’s taken more questions from the media in the last 3 days than Obama did in 8 years.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, adonis said:

That's pretty rich. 

I barely post here anymore, especially not the PSF.

I think what he meant is that you have any time at all to do that. For most people, "Gee I think I'll find some Trump supporters online to troll" never even makes the list. 

• Like 4

If Trump had gotten in front of this....he'd have won the election.  This epidemic has sealed Trumps fate. He's stumbled enough to make it a legit issue in Nov.  If it goes really sour......(which it looks like it has a real chance) all Biden has to do is promise the opposite.  People will vote simply for that.  Not to be too callous in boiling it down simply to politics.....NY and NJ suffering doesn't hurt Trump because he wasn't winning there anyway. WA, CA etc. etc.. he can fail as  POTUS and leader on this and still win the election.  As a battleground state though..... he's taking a chance in FL that a fallout from not allowing people to gather to worship is going to be less than an escalation of the epidemic.

• Laughing 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place