• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

5 hours ago, rustycolts said:

Here is an article on him being relieved. Sounds like he may have not followed chain of command. I feel for him because he was obviously concerned for his men. Probably never get another command like the Roosevelt so I'm sure to him his career is all but over. Still its a stretch to blame this on Trump. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-uss-theodore-roosevelt-aircraft-carrier-brett-crozier-navy/

So he’s a Hero?  I agree.  

6 hours ago, zoonation said:

Closing the border to flights from China was good.  So he gets 1/10.  So, well done with his supporters I guess?

He’s been an unmitigated disaster otherwise.  Undeniably.  

Keep your clown show in the other whining threads, no one buys this garbage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Because he doesn’t have to do this, that’s why we have states. I wanna see the Governors (mainly in blue states) do less gum flapping on CNN and get to work. Go out there and get the PPE they helped make available without excuses, fix your ####ty state unemployment website nobody can log into, and stop crying and playing politics constantly. 

Exactly.  Wasn’t an idea of quarantining 3 states met with tons of left outrage?

7 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

I’m absolutely fine with naming the virus after its city of origin, but let’s at least get it right.  It’s Wuhan, not Wutan.

Agreed, the China virus should not reflect poorly on Wu-Tang. They are not someone to mess with. 

3 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Telling that you haven’t argued against his point though.

I try to avoid off topic arguments in this thread with those that have been whining in here daily for the last 4 years. Those that have done that have zero credibility and it isn’t worth the time to argue. Take to the 😢 thread where it’s always a daily tantrum cuz Trump. 

Edited by GoBirds
1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

By the rules it’s ban-worthy. 

Do a search of this thread for orange and you'll see 4 pages of Trump supporters. HT raised the issue, I gently nudged him about it because he keeps repeating it, and suggested in my OP it go in another thread. I still haven't replied to Tony's posts about it, I just thanked him for the response.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Do a search of this thread for orange and you'll see 4 pages of Trump supporters. HT raised the issue, I gently nudged him about it because he keeps repeating it, and suggested in my OP it go in another thread. I still haven't replied to Tony's posts about it, I just thanked him for the response.

Context matters.  

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Context matters.  

I completely agree, and that's what I'm pointing to. - But please note my goal several times was to drop out, I'd really prefer not to have to defend myself against allusions to claims of rule breaking. So let's drop it. Thanks.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Because he doesn’t have to do this, that’s why we have states. I wanna see the Governors (mainly in blue states) do less gum flapping on CNN and get to work. Go out there and get the PPE they helped make available without excuses, fix your ####ty state unemployment website nobody can log into, and stop crying and playing politics constantly. 

What a terrible response. This is why we have states??? So that they can bid against each other for life saving equipment? Total nonsense. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, timschochet said:

What a terrible response. This is why we have states??? So that they can bid against each other for life saving equipment? Total nonsense. 

Some states elected competent governors (Ohio) that roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.  Other states elected blame Trump types.  

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, timschochet said:

Well you wanted an answer, I’m sorry it doesn’t suit you. The states comment was in response to you and the media wanting a national quarantine. The bidding on equipment was governors just being lazy and incompetent (Pritzker being the poster boy). 

I got a question for you Tim because I know you’re from Cali, why isn’t the media giving Newsom the credit for doing such a good job? All we hear about is Cuomo (mainly because the media is all in NYC IMO) and by every metric he has failed miserably compared to Newsom. I’ll hang up and listen.

3 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Well you wanted an answer, I’m sorry it doesn’t suit you. The states comment was in response to you and the media wanting a national quarantine. The bidding on equipment was governors just being lazy and incompetent (Pritzker being the poster boy). 

I got a question for you Tim because I know you’re from Cali, why isn’t the media giving Newsom the credit for doing such a good job? All we hear about is Cuomo (mainly because the media is all in NYC IMO) and by every metric he has failed miserably compared to Newsom. I’ll hang up and listen.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flattening-the-curve-on-coronavirus-what-california-and-washington-can-teach-the-world-130405639.html

4 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Newsom doesn’t give a press conference every day. But also the media goes where the news is. Things in California are calm for now. 

I think Cuomo is doing a pretty good job now. Apparently he didn’t start out so well. 

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

Newsom doesn’t give a press conference every day. But also the media goes where the news is. Things in California are calm for now. 

I think Cuomo is doing a pretty good job now. Apparently he didn’t start out so well. 

Cuomo probably shouldn’t shoulder a lot of the blame he has DeBlasio’s mistakes in NYC dragging down all of N.Y.  

• Like 1

@Max PowerThanks so much for the mementos. They are going up right next to my prize Speck I caught. I am glad you guys enjoyed the care package. I know it meant a lot to us when we got packages from back in the world (dont know if that term is still used)it really made our day when we got one.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Are you back home yet? Anyway stay safe and we wish everyone well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

@Max PowerThanks so much for the mementos. They are going up right next to my prize Speck I caught. I am glad you guys enjoyed the care package. I know it meant a lot to us when we got packages from back in the world (dont know if that term is still used)it really made our day when we got one.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Are you back home yet? Anyway stay safe and we wish everyone well.

You are a good man Rusty. Great idea. 

• Like 5
16 hours ago, tonydead said:

:lmao: Literally begging for Trump supporters to respond to them in the virus thread. 

It’s become the Trump Russia thread part 2. They post a bunch of fake news stories/tweets that a few days later are either corrected or outright debunked. The amount of Kyle Cheney, Daniel Dale, Aaron Rupar and Kyle Griffin propaganda tweets still posted there make it unreadable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Comforter In Chief.   Great tweet.  Trump cares so much about this country and it’s citizens.  

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

4/4/20, 3:40 PM

To all of our youth who are missing the start of their ⁦‪@LittleLeague‬⁩ seasons, hang in there! We will get you back out on the fields, and know that you will be playing baseball soon....

• Like 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Comforter In Chief.   Great tweet.  Trump cares so much about this country and it’s citizens.  

To all of our youth who are missing the start of their ⁦‪@LittleLeague‬⁩ seasons, hang in there! We will get you back out on the fields, and know that you will be playing baseball soon....

This is how leaders lead!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

great to see the brainwashing worked in here

If you think it's bad in here you should take a look at all the other threads.  You'll see some real brainwashing going on then.  Puts this thread to shame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

The heart on this guy. Best President of my lifetime.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

If you think it's bad in here you should take a look at all the other threads.  You'll see some real brainwashing going on then.  Puts this thread to shame.

Everyone drop all the brainwashing slaps. Make a point and back it up. 

• Laughing 1
18 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

How funny is it that BR gets called out and not the seat sniffer?:lmao:

No it isn't funny as the last person to post in a back-and-forth exchange is the one who is called out. 

• Laughing 4

Biden’s handlers feeding him lies again this morning. :coffee:

Joe Biden AGAIN falsely claims President Trump cut the CDC's budget.

An AP Fact Check said that's "wrong." In fact, the CDC’s "financing has increased" under Trump.

Plus, under VP Biden, the White House proposed cuts to CDC’s funding 5 out of 8 years. foxnews.com/politics/obama…

https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/status/1246810057611915264?s=21

The mental gymnastics the regulars are using to  use a deadly virus to place political blame truly brings the cesspool feel back. How do things go any lower in here? 

It’s always the same characters always claiming their side is 100% right and Trump 100% wrong, even Biden getting caught spreading his rhetoric after the travel restrictions when he’s obviously wrong and they still can’t admit it. With all Trumps faults I just don’t see how Americans buy into this “alternative “.  

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

The mental gymnastics the regulars are using to  use a deadly virus to place political blame truly brings the cesspool feel back. How do things go any lower in here? 

One of the low points was seeing some of them post that China isn’t lying about the number of cases and deaths. Unbelievable 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

One of the low points was seeing some of them post that China isn’t lying about the number of cases and deaths. Unbelievable 

Will buy into absolutely anything anti Trump. Even obvious lies like you mentioned. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

That one stopped me in my tracks. Doesn't happen to a well-informed person without that person's news consumption completely keeping it from them. The poster I have in my mind is clearly an intelligent and avid news consumer. But he's definitely got a blind spot.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

We asked nicely above.

Please everyone be more cool. Thanks. 

MT asked us to police this thread ourselves. Then you come in and call out two Trump supporters instead of the guy that did a troll drop in here - picking a ifight with the brainwash comment. Can you guys all get on the same page?

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place