What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

While I don’t agree with his pro Trump politics  I absolutely agree with the rest of his points. It’s absolutely madness what this world has come to with people simply voicing their opinion‘s. The fact that there is even the whisper of a movement to boycott Home Depot is absolute lunacy. The far left is out of control.  

This isn't how it works.  You make a claim, you back it up.

And i showed you about blexit and bots with a link, showed you the midterm breakdowns by race.
Yeah, in theory it is supposed to work that way in this forum. But in threads like this, it is reversed, so that anyone who disputes any absurd or ridiculous claim then has burden of providing a link to disprove it.   :crazy:

While I don’t agree with his pro Trump politics  I absolutely agree with the rest of his points. It’s absolutely madness what this world has come to with people simply voicing their opinion‘s. The fact that there is even the whisper of a movement to boycott Home Depot is absolute lunacy. The far left is out of control.  
The social media fueled fake outrage era is awful. 

Yeah, in theory it is supposed to work that way in this forum. But in threads like this, it is reversed, so that anyone who disputes any absurd or ridiculous claim then has burden of providing a link to disprove it.   :crazy:
Think we covered this already, not sure anyone is asking you to be here. Maybe head back to the thread for the old SF QB. 

Come on. He’s done nothing to merit that. 
Come on...I liked a post and asked a question.

Im sorry Numsy.  I should be punished.  Im ashamed of myself.  I should be arrested. I should be purged. I should be flogged.

I shouldn't walk among good people.

Im swine, a wretch.  I don’t deserve to live like others.

How is asking someone to answer a question being board cop?  Just ignore him if this triggers you. 
Plenty of posters ask him questions and it goes unanswered. I don’t know why anyone would ever answer his questions.  He also runs around telling people to stick to topics not posters and then talks about posters.  And says he has “followers” yet he follows around 3-4 posters all the time.   His Schlick of trolling isn’t hard to see. 

Plenty of posters ask him questions and it goes unanswered. I don’t know why anyone would ever answer his questions.  He also runs around telling people to stick to topics not posters and then talks about posters.  And says he has “followers” yet he follows around 3-4 posters all the time.   His Schlick of trolling isn’t hard to see. 
I don't usually get involved in PSF Moderation stuff, but it was freaking weird when he was grilling me the other week and wanted to get me "on the record" about homosexuality and mental illness, demanded I answer a question, and then dwelled on it for two days.

####### odd. 

That's how their fake news works and even if you provide a link, they'll just bury their heads in the sand and refuse to read it.. They learned from their supreme leader: https://www.politico.eu/article/un-special-rapporteur-donald-trump-worst-perpetrator-of-fake-news/

Step 1: Assert made up statements as facts, backing up nothing.
Step 2: When someone disproves it, scream "fake news" at the top of your lungs.
Step 3: Plebes buy it hook, line, and sinker.
Step 4: Profit.

I don't usually get involved in PSF Moderation stuff, but it was freaking weird when he was grilling me the other week and wanted to get me "on the record" about homosexuality and mental illness, demanded I answer a question, and then dwelled on it for two days.

####### odd. 
Perfect example of behavior that deserves the ban hammer. 

That's how their fake news works and even if you provide a link, they'll just bury their heads in the sand and refuse to read it.. They learned from their supreme leader: https://www.politico.eu/article/un-special-rapporteur-donald-trump-worst-perpetrator-of-fake-news/

Step 1: Assert made up statements as facts, backing up nothing.
Step 2: When someone disproves it, scream "fake news" at the top of your lungs.
Step 3: Plebes buy it hook, line, and sinker.
Step 4: Profit.
  "Can we please drop talking about other posters and talk more about the issue?"

Yes. 

Focus groups among independents suggest the main reason that Trump is underwater in the swing states is because they agree with the now former British ambassador- they just don’t think he’s competent. They were willing to give him a chance in 2016 but they didn’t realize then just how incompetent he was. 

Focus groups among independents suggest the main reason that Trump is underwater in the swing states is because they agree with the now former British ambassador- they just don’t think he’s competent. They were willing to give him a chance in 2016 but they didn’t realize then just how incompetent he was. 
A great topic.

To the group:

How do people who want to reelect him rationalize that basically the rest of the world thinks he's a joke?

And just reading his tweets, how have you not come to that same conclusion yourself?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/10/world/europe/kim-darroch-trump.html

He came to that conclusion after he found himself in the vortex of what for years has been the definition of a classic Washington gaffe: He was caught in public saying something that is widely believed. It would have been stranger, his diplomatic colleagues said, if Mr. Darroch had been writing cables describing the Trump White House as a smooth-running machine.

“It could have been any of us,” one ambassador, who is still serving and therefore spoke on the condition of anonymity, said on Wednesday.
He's a national embarrassment. People who voted for him should be embarrassed. On the topic of reelection, I know a few people that ARE embarrassed they voted for him and say they won't make the same mistake. I know zero people who didn't vote for him that say they will the next time.

Yes. 

There was a poll attached to the story the other day the Trump has reached his highest approval numbers - 47%

Meanwhile in the same data that they collected the approval rating was this:

"The economy served as the only issue where a majority said they approve of Trump's performance, according to the poll. Fifty-one percent of respondents said they approved of the way he has handled economic issues since entering the White House. Forty-two percent said they disapprove of his handling of the economy. 

Meanwhile, a majority of respondents said they disapprove of how Trump has handled immigration, health care, issues of special concern to women, abortion, climate change, gun violence and foreign policy. Forty-nine percent said they disapprove of the way he's handled taxes, while 42 percent said they approve. 

In addition, 65 percent of respondents said Trump has acted in an "unpresidential" way since taking office. Twenty-eight percent said he has acted in a "fitting and proper" way."

There was a poll attached to the story the other day the Trump has reached his highest approval numbers - 47%

Meanwhile in the same data that they collected the approval rating was this:

"The economy served as the only issue where a majority said they approve of Trump's performance, according to the poll. Fifty-one percent of respondents said they approved of the way he has handled economic issues since entering the White House. Forty-two percent said they disapprove of his handling of the economy. 

Meanwhile, a majority of respondents said they disapprove of how Trump has handled immigration, health care, issues of special concern to women, abortion, climate change, gun violence and foreign policy. Forty-nine percent said they disapprove of the way he's handled taxes, while 42 percent said they approve. 

In addition, 65 percent of respondents said Trump has acted in an "unpresidential" way since taking office. Twenty-eight percent said he has acted in a "fitting and proper" way."
Right. And the folks around here seem to think that the economy will be enough to get people to re-elect Trump. But it won’t be. 

Right. And the folks around here seem to think that the economy will be enough to get people to re-elect Trump. But it won’t be. 
This is the Dems race to lose, as it was last time.  Not like it would be some huge upset because they screw up easy things all the time.

They are in the drivers seat which is crazy seeing as we have a good economy which should be enough for any normal person to skate to 4 more years. 

Just illustrates how terrible a person that Trump is perceived (correctly) to be.

A great topic.

To the group:

How do people who want to reelect him rationalize that basically the rest of the world thinks he's a joke?

And just reading his tweets, how have you not come to that same conclusion yourself?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/10/world/europe/kim-darroch-trump.html

He's a national embarrassment. People who voted for him should be embarrassed. On the topic of reelection, I know a few people that ARE embarrassed they voted for him and say they won't make the same mistake. I know zero people who didn't vote for him that say they will the next time.
This is how I see it.  If what Trump is doing doesn't affect them in a negative way then they like him.  As long as the economy keeps doing well and their 401k does well they are happy.  They also like hearing him repeat all the things they like to hear regardless if he's actually accomplishing it or not, like the wall.

If the market were to crash or their jobs affected by tariffs or anything that affected them personally were to happen they would be done with him.  I would think that's the same for everyone though but I don't see a whole lot of sympathy from them towards others that Trump is affecting now and that's what bothers me most.

The social media fueled fake outrage era is awful. 

It social media fueled for sure but far to often it’s not fake outrage, it’s real, it’s just “cool” to be outraged now.   It’s a byproduct of our participation trophy, look at me, reality TV, vapid society today.  

This is one thing that I 100% agree with you on.
I think all rational people would agree with these takes... an even some irrational people who just have other concerns.

I think more people were outraged about people being outraged about the casting of The Little Mermaid than the number of people who were outraged about the casting. Phrased differently, for every one person outraged about the casting, there were 200 people outraged about that one person's opinion. The whole thing was one big eyeroll for me. We've got more pressing issues, people.

I only saw this because you responded.  I put him on ignore after he got to call us all maggots and traitors with complete impunity right on the heels of my 3 days for Tribbles.  

Mods seem to be okay with it.  :shrug:

I think all rational people would agree with these takes... an even some irrational people who just have other concerns.

I think more people were outraged about people being outraged about the casting of The Little Mermaid than the number of people who were outraged about the casting. Phrased differently, for every one person outraged about the casting, there were 200 people outraged about that one person's opinion. The whole thing was one big eyeroll for me. We've got more pressing issues, people.
I think much of it was already there (comment sections of news sites and their message boards).  Social media put it more in the forefront.

And some may not be outrage.  I more laughed at people so upset about the casting of the little mermaid

####### odd. 
If you feel you were grilled I apologize.  I asked a few questions.  And I was hardly the only one.  There was no demand...and I don't believe it was dwelled on for two days.

I asked questions as I was interested in the answer.

If you feel you were grilled I apologize.  I asked a few questions.  And I was hardly the only one.  There was no demand...and I don't believe it was dwelled on for two days.

I asked questions as I was interested in the answer.
I'm talking about squistion, sho. 

I only saw this because you responded.  I put him on ignore after he got to call us all maggots and traitors with complete impunity right on the heels of my 3 days for Tribbles.  

Mods seem to be okay with it.  :shrug:
Horrible.  I think thread creators ought to be able to but posters on ignore for the whole thread.  Would solve a lot of problems, perfect example here.

I think much of it was already there (comment sections of news sites and their message boards).  Social media put it more in the forefront.

And some may not be outrage.  I more laughed at people so upset about the casting of the little mermaid
I had not heard of anyone outraged at the Little Mermaid.  It’s like people have their outrage ready before there is something said to be outraged about. 

Personally, most of these new reimagining of old Disney cartoons have been disappointing, so I don’t pay attention.  

I had not heard of anyone outraged at the Little Mermaid.  It’s like people have their outrage ready before there is something said to be outraged about. 

Personally, most of these new reimagining of old Disney cartoons have been disappointing, so I don’t pay attention.  
People complained that a mermaid...yes a mermaid that was a cartoon, will be played by a young black woman.

Ive enjoyed most of the love action stuff.  Saw Aladdin last week with my kids and ot was very good (though hard to beat Robin Williams as the genie).  The things they do with effects now are just so good.  Im curious how the lion king will really work and glad James Earl Jones is back.

I don't think it matters what the subject matter is, there will always be people posting their opinions and outrage against it.  I see it in the fishing groups I belong to on Facebook.  Each group I've seen thinks they have the worst complainers but it's really no different no matter where you go.  It's a human nature issue and it's world wide.

People complained that a mermaid...yes a mermaid that was a cartoon, will be played by a young black woman.

Ive enjoyed most of the love action stuff.  Saw Aladdin last week with my kids and ot was very good (though hard to beat Robin Williams as the genie).  The things they do with effects now are just so good.  Im curious how the lion king will really work and glad James Earl Jones is back.
I get dragged to these by my kids.  I prefer the classics.  That being said, I don’t care what color Ariel is as long as she sings well and looks good in clamshells (of course I am assuming the actress is an adult). 

I get dragged to these by my kids.  I prefer the classics.  That being said, I don’t care what color Ariel is as long as she sings well and looks good in clamshells (of course I am assuming the actress is an adult). 
I believe the original was modeled after Alyssa Milano.  Though a bit creepy as it's more the face and facial expressions when she was younger.  

And I wouldn’t  say dragged for us...I wanted to see Aladdin...I think the Beauty and the Beast one is the only other one I saw in theatre and it was very well done.  The rest have been more redbox type things.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it does bug you just put posters on ignore. I wouldn’t mind a hide thread function.
Sure, problem is that someone always engages them and the conversation turns into a pissing match.  You know, you see it every day.  If you are honest with yourself you know threads would be much better if certain people never showed up.  Wa'la, thread creator ignore button, problem solved.

Sure, problem is that someone always engages them and the conversation turns into a pissing match.  You know, you see it every day.  If you are honest with yourself you know threads would be much better if certain people never showed up.  Wa'la, thread creator ignore button, problem solved.
The problem I see with blocking people from entering a thread is the board would fill with topics that people could potentially not respond to. Blocking posters you don't want to read is the best way IMO.

Mods do a good job I think for the most part :brownosing:

The problem I see with blocking people from entering a thread is the board would fill with topics that people could potentially not respond to. Blocking posters you don't want to read is the best way IMO.

Mods do a good job I think for the most part :brownosing:
I don't think the problem is that widespread, i.e. half the posters wouldn't be kept out of half the threads.  We just need to do something with the few offenders that run around all day ruining threads.  

I love the fact that knowledge dropper created the 'positive' Trump thread and the anti-trump crowd has filled the room with their negativity because no one is reading their whining posts in the other threads.

I love the fact that knowledge dropper created the 'positive' Trump thread and the anti-trump crowd has filled the room with their negativity because no one is reading their whining posts in the other threads.
People are reading the others.  But for a place that complains about an echo chamber...to demand that things only posting that are positive (there is already a thread for that) seems hypocritical.  And wanting people banned for posting questions or to be able to have people basically ignored from a whole thread or unable to post in it?

The thread is about Trump 2020 and the campaign.  That will include positive and negative.

:lmao:  Wow. The delusions run strong in here. The reality is just that we're attempting to inform the uninformed or the misled. 

Users who are viewing this thread