Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

52 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Pelosi and Schumer are in Congress. These are decisions made by states and localities.

That was the most anti-conservative, anti-constitutional series of statements that any American President has ever made.

Yet we have Anti Trump people saying he should have ordered a mass lock down of the entire country.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

when Trump lays out the timeline starting with flight restrictions before there was a single death in the US is quite impressive

This is the timeline of federal steps taken as played by the President played today.

- Jan. 7 - CDC starts tracking CV in the US.

- Jan. 20 - the first case in the US.

- Jan. 31 - the partial China travel ban was announced (though implemented 2/2).

- Feb. 6 - CDC shipped first testing kits.

- Mar. 2 - WH asks pharm companies to accelerate a vaccine.

- Mar. 11 - Announcement of restricting travel to Europe.

- Mar. 13 national emergency.

This is Trump responding about what preparedness steps he took in February.

Please tell me if I have this wrong, but he responds: 1. "A lot", 2. "we'll give you a list", 3. to CBS's Paula Reid, "you're a fake, you know you're fake" and "your network is fake", 4. claims he could have kept "it" (the economy) open (the question was about preparedness) but instead he closed it (he didn't).

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2
Just now, John Blutarsky said:

Yet we have Anti Trump people saying he should have ordered a mass lock down of the entire country.

Are you talking about the holdout states which haven't implemented social distancing and workplace rules? The president has no authority to order a mass lockdown. He has no authority over states' and counties' economies either.

I'll admit I'm not familiar with the claim, but if liberals were demanding that the President commandeer state and county governance I'd like to see that report.

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Are you talking about the holdout states which haven't implemented social distancing and workplace rules? The president has no authority to order a mass lockdown. He has no authority over states' and counties' economies either.

I'll admit I'm not familiar with the claim, but if liberals were demanding that the President commandeer state and county governance I'd like to see that report.

Ask Tim

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

You are suggesting Tim wanted that? Ok, yeah, that's not really a serious event in US politics. Thanks for the response.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/morning-tech/2020/03/25/silicon-valley-congressman-calls-for-national-lockdown-786374

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/02/825293201/a-president-is-not-able-to-order-a-national-quarantine-experts-say

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said on CNN on Wednesday that she would like to see a national stay-at-home order, adding, "I don't know why the scientific community isn't more outspoken" in pushing for one.

Edited by John Blutarsky
12 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This is the timeline of federal steps taken as played by the President played today.

- Jan. 7 - CDC starts tracking CV in the US.

- Jan. 20 - the first case in the US.

- Jan. 31 - the partial China travel ban was announced (though implemented 2/2).

- Feb. 6 - CDC shipped first testing kits.

- Mar. 2 - WH asks pharm companies to accelerate a vaccine.

- Mar. 11 - Announcement of restricting travel to Europe.

- Mar. 13 national emergency.

This is Trump responding about what preparedness steps he took in February.

Please tell me if I have this wrong, but he responds: 1. "A lot", 2. "we'll give you a list", 3. to CBS's Paula Reid, "you're a fake, you know you're fake" and "your network is fake", 4. claims he could have kept "it" (the economy) open (the question was about preparedness) but instead he closed it (he didn't).

The Monday Morning QB schtick by all the haters is seen through by anyone with common sense. Bringing a country like ours to a grinding stop any faster is just pie in the sky that never would have happened regardless of who was POTUS. Another bad look by the whiny left and great reminder that with all Trump’s faults it’s better than the party that represents a 4 year temper tantrum over the last election and nothing positive for their country. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Khanna calls the shot: Rep. Ro Khanna, who represents Silicon Valley, is spearheading House Democrats’ demands for the Trump administration to institute a countrywide shelter-in-place order for at least two weeks.

...As California remains under a statewide stay-at-home order, Democratic Rep. Ro Khanna, who represents Silicon Valley, is leading the charge to expand that mandate nationwide to thwart the spread of Covid-19. In a letter Tuesday to President Donald Trump, co-signed by 19 Democratic House representatives, Khanna urged the president to immediately issue a countrywide shelter-in-place order lasting at least two weeks, stating that “our current actions to stem the tide are not enough.”

Thank you, seriously. I know you offer information and links and I'm serious when I say that and I'm trying to read your posts differently and have for a while.

Having said that: Do you remember when Trump floated the idea of a "quarantine" around NY & NJ?  What Trump was proposing was - like Khanna - a "shelter in place" order. 

The President does not have "total authority." He does not "call the shots." It should be easy for you to say that about Khanna's demands. Note - Khanna makes no constitutional claims here. There are none. However Khanna identifies himself as a "progressive" and yet even he did not make the extreme constitutional claims Trump made today.

3 hours ago, GoBirds said:

The Monday Morning QB schtick by all the haters is seen through by anyone with common sense. Bringing a country like ours to a grinding stop any faster is just pie in the sky that never would have happened regardless of who was POTUS. Another bad look by the whiny left and great reminder that with all Trump’s faults it’s better than the party that represents a 4 year temper tantrum over the last election and nothing positive for their country. 

Birds, no problem, that's how you see it. You don't seem to have any info on that either. Which is fine, thanks for the response.

About the bolded - that was Trump's point 4 - it was either shut the economy down or nothing. That was not the question and it wasn't the choice. That timeline is exactly as the President offered it today. Here's the reality.

27 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

You are suggesting Tim wanted that? Ok, yeah, that's not really a serious event in US politics. Thanks for the response.

What I wanted , (still do) and I explained this several times, was for Trump to publicly call for a national shutdown. To me the legal issues were irrelevant because if he had done so not a single one of those governors would have defied him. Many of them even said they were waiting for his guidance. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Can you imagine what these silly geese would have done if Trump had put this country on full lockdown and closed the borders to stop the Wuhan Flu during the bogus impeachment sham?   

Pretty busy sched. Think he was still golfing a couple days a week. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Can you imagine what these silly geese would have done if Trump had put this country on full lockdown and closed the borders to stop the Wuhan Flu during the bogus impeachment sham?   

He would have been blasted by everyone at the time, but just a few short months later he would have been praised and all but locked up re-election. IMO

The results in WI have nothing to do with President Trump, one way or the other. I know many people that still support Trump but were upset with the GOP's stunt to go ahead with the election in order to gain an edge. Same thing happened when the Democrats tried to recall Gov. Walker. It backfired on them as well. WI residents just want a fair result.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

What I wanted , (still do) and I explained this several times, was for Trump to publicly call for a national shutdown. To me the legal issues were irrelevant because if he had done so not a single one of those governors would have defied him. Many of them even said they were waiting for his guidance. 

This would make sense.

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

The results in WI have nothing to do with President Trump, one way or the other. I know many people that still support Trump but were upset with the GOP's stunt to go ahead with the election in order to gain an edge. Same thing happened when the Democrats tried to recall Gov. Walker. It backfired on them as well. WI residents just want a fair result.

I dunno. These results, combined with 2018, suggest otherwise. 

• Laughing 1
3 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I think this is a fair point.  Meaning that had he done that, based on the information that was out there at the time (publicly), the left would have crucified him for it.  I have no doubt.  

But that is the thing about real leadership.  Sometimes, when you are a leader, you need to make hard decisions that people won’t understand and your opponents will no doubt try to exploit.  But you do it because you have better I formation than everyone else and, most importantly, because you know it is right and what you swore you would do when you took that oath.  

Trump will never be that man.  Never.  

Edited by zoonation
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
3 hours ago, zoonation said:

I think this is a fair point.  Meaning that had he done that, based on the information that was out there at the time (publicly), the left would have crucified him for it.  I have no doubt.  

But that is the thing about real leadership.  Sometimes, when you are a leader, you need to make hard decisions that people won’t understand and your opponents will no doubt try to exploit.  But you do it because you have better I formation than everyone else and, most importantly, because you know it is right and what you swore you would do when you took that oath.  

Trump will never be that man.  Never.  

Too late.  He already is.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
8 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

you already lost my business

I'm sorry to hear that. 

It's pretty typical when people are suspended that they no longer want to support us. I understand. That's an unfortunate reality of trying to have a moderated board.

Looks like you were suspended for "of course....this is the new propaganda ploy....morons"  and then another time for saying people were brainwashed. I know that's tame compared to lots of boards but it's how we're trying to operate here.

Clearly, moderating like that is the wrong financial position to take for folks in your case. Just another example how the forums are a net financial loss for us.

No need to reply and I'll bow out of this issue. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Uhm...what wi result?  The county board race in Milwaukee?

Don’t know anything about that. The race for judge impressed me, just like the 2018 results impressed me. Wisconsin is almost always a blue state. I think 2016 may have been a one off, maybe because Hillary didn’t go there. Biden is going to win it, maybe by a large margin. 

12 hours ago, Dickies said:

Just got back from 4 and a half weeks for a post I don’t understand what I did wrong. At least you can give it and take it, GB. 

The report you were sent looks like you were suspended for posting:

How stupid does one have to be not to know that people die from the flu?

Trump-level

That will do it every time. Especially as we're asking people to be way more cool. 

7 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Too late.  He already is.

I strongly disagree. He has repeatedly abdicated his responsibility in this matter, to the point that the states are starting to utilize the 10th Amendment to get things done because of the lack of leadership in Washington. To further compound issues, he tries to state that he has "total authority," which he obviously does not, because again, the 10th comes into play, as does the separation of powers at the federal level. He is a very poor leader.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
2 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

The report you were sent looks like you were suspended for posting:

That will do it every time. Especially as we're asking people to be way more cool. 

I know what the post was, but it seems innocuous enough. To not know the flu kills people even though it killed his own grandfather is insanely stupid.  Anyways, don’t feel like litigating it. Consider the matter dropped. 

24 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I know what the post was, but it seems innocuous enough. To not know the flu kills people even though it killed his own grandfather is insanely stupid.  Anyways, don’t feel like litigating it. Consider the matter dropped. 

Zero litigation. Calling something "Trump-Level stupid" will always have this result. If that's not clear or that seems innocuous enough, this likely isn't going to work out.

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The contrast between President Trump yesterday and former President Obama today couldn’t be greater. This is starting to look like it could be a wipe out victory for Biden. 

just because it gives you a full head on steam in your trousers doesn’t make it so for everyone . Biden will at some point have to stand on his own

Edited by HellToupee
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The contrast between President Trump yesterday and former President Obama today couldn’t be greater. This is starting to look like it could be a wipe out victory for Biden. 

As long as Biden stays in his basement and avoids any public appearances, he will be formidable.  

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If voters in PA, WI, and MI agree and the other states stay the same, then Biden will win. But it'll likely be that close again. Can't see a wipe out victory, but I thought Hillary would win so....

Just now, HellToupee said:

just because it gives you a full head on steam in your trousers doesn’t make it so for everyone 

FTR- and I am being completely honest here- it doesn’t excite me at all. If you had asked me 3 months ago even, I would have been happy beyond measure to see Trump’s numbers fall like this, I won’t kid you. 

But right now...I always figured he was going to lose anyhow and I really don’t care. Right now I wish he were right. I wish President Trump was a better leader who could solve this crisis. I wish he started doing the right thing. I am rooting for him to do so. He’s my President; I can’t afford to wait until next January to get this situation fixed. I need Trump to act NOW. If he is a success I will cheer for him. Elections be damned that’s all I care about. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Zero litigation. Calling something "Trump-Level stupid" will always have this result. If that's not clear or that seems innocuous enough, this likely isn't going to work out.

As much as I love this place and the people here, it's certainly starting to feel that way.

• Thanks 1

It's really quite simple, don't call anyone names and you won't be at risk of catching a timeout. If the only retort you can come up with is a name call, you really shouldn't be hitting submit.

I say that as someone who has been in some heated discussions lately. It is admittedly frustrating to see the person on the other side getting away with name calling, but I've come to believe it's missed due to sheer volume rather than ill intent. Stay above it and the offenders will eventually get popped.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

It's really quite simple, don't call anyone names and you won't be at risk of catching a timeout. If the only retort you can come up with is a name call, you really shouldn't be hitting submit.

I say that as someone who has been in some heated discussions lately. It is admittedly frustrating to see the person on the other side getting away with name calling, but I've come to believe it's missed due to sheer volume rather than ill intent. Stay above it and the offenders will eventually get popped.

The best thing about this thread is the regulars always conduct themselves with class even in the face of tremendous baiting.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Dickies said:

As much as I love this place and the people here, it's certainly starting to feel that way.

I’m not sure this thread is appropriate for this complaining,  please take it elsewhere. Thanks. 

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Good post.  However it isn't entirely true.  I got banned for 3 months and I did not call anyone any bad names.  I think Joe was in a bad mood that day.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

Good post.  However it isn't entirely true.  I got banned for 3 months and I did not call anyone any bad names.  I think Joe was in a bad mood that day.

Personally, I think it should be OK to insult political leaders. As you know I don’t think Donald Trump is a good person and I don’t see the problem with using certain cutting terms regarding him (so long as they’re not too distasteful.) I’m sure you feel the same way about some politicians you don’t like. That’s far different from calling people here names, which should never be allowed. But that’s just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

I think it was because people were asked to stop using the the phrase "this simply isn't true" without stating a reason. I maybe wrong, but I think you kept using the the phrase. 

Just now, HellToupee said:

That was my gimmick 

Pretty sure a few people used it and it was told for everyone to drop it. 

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Pretty sure a few people used it and it was told for everyone to drop it. 

Pretty soon now, you know I'm gonna make a comeback
And like the birds and the bees in the trees, it's a sure-fire smash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place