What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

Sneegor said:
I can't imagine anything more anti-American than not wanting to open up the economy against the leading medical experts advice.  Social distancing will continue for sure but we will beat this virus.
I don’t think anyone has any issues with the medical experts.

I mean except for those who go around using sobriquets like “Dr. Slouchy.”

The question is if a state cannot and does not have the resources to meet testing and tracing procedures laid out by those medical authorities should they expect help from the federal government to help them reach that standard. What’s your opinion on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
boots11234 said:
So thankfully so far the 'models' used to predict numbers of deaths are off by magnitudes.  Are these the same types of 'models' we are told to believe when it comes to global warming?  Asking for a friend.
Trump repeated again today if we didn't do anything we would have lost 2 million people. Is he an alarmist?

Trump repeated again today if we didn't do anything we would have lost 2 million people. Is he an alarmist?
Definition of "alarmist" -  "someone who is considered to be exaggerating a danger and so causing needless worry or panic"

I don't think talking about it AFTER the fact is considered alarmist.  Maybe it's me?

Definition of "alarmist" -  "someone who is considered to be exaggerating a danger and so causing needless worry or panic"

I don't think talking about it AFTER the fact is considered alarmist.  Maybe it's me?
That point was being made that the projections of deaths were higher so perhaps global warming projections are over blown as well. That thinking seems to have a few problems.

2 medical experts estimate 90% of coronavirus deaths in the US could have been avoided if everyone started social distancing on March 2

Uggh. Literally any other President would’ve taken this seriously and a lot more people would be alive today.
Ugh, another terrible post by you in the wrong thread. Cherry-picking garbage like this doesn’t impress anyone, especially in this thread. We all saw the projections of 2,000,000 deaths and know how we are doing. Please stop and go to the appropriate thread for this behavior. Thanks. 

No, that’s just a point about the quality of the “reporting” there. - Glad to discuss it in the FBI thread, or here but I wouldn’t want to unless you think it appropriate. You’ll likely get a page-full, FYI. Thanks.
I think we can all wait until after the Durham Report is released and this canard is finally put to bed for your full dissertation?  

Ugh, another terrible post by you in the wrong thread. Cherry-picking garbage like this doesn’t impress anyone, especially in this thread. We all saw the projections of 2,000,000 deaths and know how we are doing. Please stop and go to the appropriate thread for this behavior. Thanks. 
Not disputing the fact that lives were lost because of our inaction though, right?

Some experts predicted 2 million deaths.  At the end of this, Trump’s leadership during the Chinese Virus may have saved over 1.9 million lives.   
The orders by Governors to shelter in place and people learning about how dangerous this virus is (not the flu or common cold) was the key.

The Feds facilitated getting equipment and money to people. 

Attack me all you like, won't change the facts you won't respond to.

It ain't faux rage, I'm actually upset Americans are dying needlessly. Guess I'm a weirdo like that.
Quick search and I didn’t find a thread started by you showing your concern for all those flu deaths in 17-18.  Link please?  I’ll let you find the door 

Attack me all you like, won't change the facts you won't respond to.

It ain't faux rage, I'm actually upset Americans are dying needlessly. Guess I'm a weirdo like that.
No ones attacking you, mods asked us to police this thread for this type of trolling. Sorry you have a reputation for this and have been asked to keep it in the faux rage threads. Thanks again.  

Quick search and I didn’t find a thread started by you showing your concern for all those flu deaths in 17-18.  Link please?  I’ll let you find the door 
Yeah, I remember when they canceled every event and sports season and everyone was walking around with masks because of the flu in 2017 and 2018.

Great analogy.

ETA: What I said was that I hate seeing Americans dying needlessly. Yes, people are going to die for all sorts of reasons.

The point is that so many of these particular deaths could have been prevented. Easily.

Whether or not we support Trump, I would think we can all agree on that. Anyway, have a good one!

Yeah, I remember when they canceled every event and sports season and everyone was walking around with masks because of the flu in 2017 and 2018.

Great analogy.

ETA: What I said was that I hate seeing Americans dying needlessly. Yes, people are going to die for all sorts of reasons.

The point is that so many of these particular deaths could have been prevented. Easily.

Whether or not we support Trump, I would think we can all agree on that. Anyway, have a good one!
When the dust settles it will be interesting to see exactly how many lives were destroyed because of the quarantine. I doubt we’ll ever really know that true total but I’m confident it will be higher than deaths reported due to virus. Suicide hotlines have already reported a huge increase. 

When the dust settles it will be interesting to see exactly how many lives were destroyed because of the quarantine. I doubt we’ll ever really know that true total but I’m confident it will be higher than deaths reported due to virus. Suicide hotlines have already reported a huge increase. 
Great post.

This is a definitely a sad consequence of this but the shelter in place efforts were needed, no?

There are positive consequences as well such as drops in car accident deaths, lower crime. 

You seem to be suggesting that Trump should have used his presidential powers to keep the nation’s economy open since the beginning. 

Great post.

Both plus and minus with the shutdown. I only see minus if this thing was ever allowed to get away from us.
Leroy, correct.  Is going to be very easy to judge the numbers after the fact (and I’ve got the sense lots of people will).  But the fact is we as a nation took unprecedented steps, the likes of which none of us have ever seen, to control the number to what they will ultimately will be.  If that ends up “only” around the 60k to 100k projections as of now it’s mind blowing to think about what the numbers could have been.  

We'll pin that on Trump too.  Its his government. 

Well one thing we do know, that won't be any Trump Voters. Trump voters are mentally tough. The toughest. Incredible toughness. Some of the best toughness you'll ever see. It's tougher than the voters for the previous administration. Tougher than anyone could have ever imagine. Other countries are calling us to find out how Trump voters can be so tough. It's really incredible.

Excellent anti-Pelosi question from the back row.

I like when the dummies try and set him up with their question by making a few statements before the question and they never get their real question out because he starts talking after their setup sentence.  :lol:  The dummies should realize by now that you got to ask a quick question or you get nothing.

Pelosi, Schumer and the rest of the democrats: 'Trump should have shut down the economy way before he did.'

Pelosi, Schumer and the rest of the democrats: 'Trump doesn't have the authority to open up the country.'

You can't make this garbage up. It's why they can't produce a viable presidential candidate. Incompetence is their game.

How is being a US Congress critter not deemed an essential job right now? 

Imagine if this was John Boehner and an (R) led Congress took 2 months off during a pandemic with a #### ton of work to do still. The media would be screaming at the top of their lungs.

Imagine if this was John Boehner and an (R) led Congress took 2 months off during a pandemic with a #### ton of work to do still. The media would be screaming at the top of their lungs.
I agree with this. I also think they could easily convene a quorum with safe distancing and implement remote voting and debate on a temporary basis.

It’s flat unacceptable.  

How many people is CNN killing by not airing the Coronavirus Task force press conference? Answer= ZERO. No one watches fake news.
If you stay away from CNN, FOX, MSNBC for Corona coverage it helps.   Watching your local news and keeping tabs on what is going on in your area and what you need to do or can help locally is more important right now. 

The cable news stations are political hacks. Better info is available from local news right now as we all are quarantined  in our own area.

It’s sad what a disgrace CNN has become. I feel like growing up they actually reported news, now they essentially have tabloid reporters. 
Yep. Keep in mind this is the type of reporting WAPO and NYTimes is also engaged in.  The liberals are being led by a coalition of media with a simple agenda - power by any means necessary and take down Trump by any means necessary.

It's so obvious these outlets have an agenda I'm not sure why they can't see it.  It's like they want to be told what to think and be led around like sheep.

Users who are viewing this thread