What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

He definitely takes a ton of questions. To his detriment at this point with COVID.

To Tim's point though 30 minutes of him talking is the same stuff on repeat. Like you have never seen before, we are doing things no one else has, greatest economy in history and then we had to shut it down, rant at one of the media outlets, etc.
At this point we probably all know a lot of it by heart:

listen we had the greatest economy in the history of this country, some people say in the history of the world! And then they came to me one day and they said “you gotta shut it all down.” And I said “what?” And I listened and if I hadn’t listened...a lot of people said “don’t do it” but that would have cost us millions of lives, millions of lives...

At this point we probably all know a lot of it by heart:

listen we had the greatest economy in the history of this country, some people say in the history of the world! And then they came to me one day and they said “you gotta shut it all down.” And I said “what?” And I listened and if I hadn’t listened...a lot of people said “don’t do it” but that would have cost us millions of lives, millions of lives...
You forgot to add We inherited a broken system...

And I don't get how repeating the exact same boilerplate language every day constitutes answering questions. 

I guess yesterday was the shark jumping moment for the diehards?

For the 3-4 people left in the camp, is your hatred for the rest of the country that strong that you can't see that you backed the wrong horse.

Ramblin Wreck said:
The libs are having a field day with the disinfectant stuff but all they do is push vaccines, which often contain a disinfect like formaldehyde.   
So he was asking to research a vaccine. But then said he was only doing it to troll the fake news media.

Huh.

knowledge dropper said:
>>This week, the media and their Democrat allies lambasted U.S. President Donald Trump for suggesting that health officials could use UV light to treat coronavirus.<<

- This is so awfully deceptive. Trump claimed that UV light could be used to treat CV19 ***inside* people. This report is explicitly about the use of UV light in public places ***outside the human body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jefferson the Caregiver said:
I guess yesterday was the shark jumping moment for the diehards?

For the 3-4 people left in the camp, is your hatred for the rest of the country that strong that you can't see that you backed the wrong horse.
We’ll see.  I can’t see those 3-4 people sticking with Sleepy Joe much longer. 

At this point even if Biden did drop out he’d still win pretty easily. 
I am beginning to wonder if what historian Doris Kearns Goodwin predicted before the impeachment proceedings is starting to come true.

Goodwin felt that Trump would eventually suffer the same fate as another populist demagogue, Joseph McCarty, who the public was solidly behind until the Army McCarthy hearings where they finally reached a saturation point and soured on him, with his popularity steadily declining from that point on.

The daily coronavirus task force briefings, while giving Trump the ratings and attention he covets, looks to have backfired big time with even people who follow politics casually coming to the realization of what Trump is really like. And anyone with a modicum of common sense should know not to drink bleach or inject Lysol to prevent or cure COVID-19. Anyone who was watching or does watch the video clip can see he was dead serious asking about the use of household disinfectants or UV light and this obviously was not sarcasm. 

Maybe, like everything else, this will be forgotten in a couple days as we move on to the next news cycle. Or maybe it really is the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency. 

Even the liberals that come into this thread all jacked up on CNN know Biden has no shot. It’s like Christmas morning every day waking up and seeing Joe Biden is the Democrat nominee. 
Yet they tantrum and insult you for supporting a President, look at the “option” they put out there?!?! Maybe don’t  waste the next four on Russiapeachment and have a plan to help America?

Just like 2016, I see a bunch of them already saying Biden is going to crush.  :doh:
In 2016 there were enough of you to create the biggest upset in political history. There aren’t anymore. 

You guys are like a bunch of Appalachian State fans, confidently predicting you will beat Michigan over and over because you managed it once. 

Yet they tantrum and insult you for supporting a President, look at the “option” they put out there?!?! Maybe don’t  waste the next four on Russiapeachment and have a plan to help America?
:goodposting:

The morale of the story here is never take any criticism seriously from a person who is voting for Joe Biden. Most of us knew this already though.

In 2016 there were enough of you to create the biggest upset in political history. There aren’t anymore. 

You guys are like a bunch of Appalachian State fans, confidently predicting you will beat Michigan over and over because you managed it once. 
That’s better than most of your predictions  :lmao:

This is quite a take. Especially since I can’t think of one metric that Joe Biden is better than Hillary in. What the Democrats have done is the equivalent of Green Bay’s draft this weekend.

There’s plenty of time for Trump to catch up and Biden has plenty of weaknesses but no question if the elections were held now, or soon, Biden would win pretty easily. 

You really know how to get under someone’s skin. Can you teach that to UV light somehow, for a cure maybe? Could you look into that?

Especially since I can’t think of one metric that Joe Biden is better than Hillary in.
I’ve mentioned this but Biden is running as much as 20 points better than Hillary in likability/favorability ratings. You can’t seriously argue Biden isn’t more generally better liked than Hillary. I’d really like to hear you say that Hillary isn’t the most disliked presidential candidate and maybe even political persona ever (and there’s maybe one person in competition with her and it’s not Biden).

And actually Widbill I would love to hear the ways you think Hillary is better than Biden. 

This is quite a take. Especially since I can’t think of one metric that Joe Biden is better than Hillary in. What the Democrats have done is the equivalent of Green Bay’s draft this weekend.
Yes, Biden is a bad candidate but you're missing the point or are oblivious to the fact that Trump is an awful one as well. Whether you agree with it or not, he's hated by a large portion of the country and they will vote for whoever the other option is.

I'm not sure how either side could think their candidate is going to win in a landslide at this point. Trump squeaked out a couple of swing states in 2016 to win the election, and I believe he won 4 by no more than 1.2% which could very easily flip.

That being said, Trump has already shown he can win, has a very strong base and Biden isn't going to get many people excited to vote for him so I'm not sure why Democrats think 2020 would be a cakewalk either. 

No, you support the guy who queried the efficacy of injecting disinfectant to fight covid.   A guy really on top of his intellectual game.   

also, that joke was terrible the first time it was posted.   
Or maybe the left and the media took something LITERALLY when they should have looked at what he was actually trying to say.

Which is exactly what happened.  I mean, gotta' keep the Trump hate going, so take everything out of context to support the agenda!

Are you that easily led that you literally believe that's what he meant?  I'm not so sure Trump is the problem here.

Or maybe the left and the media took something LITERALLY when they should have looked at what he was actually trying to say.
Donald Trump: (29:46)
A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting, right? And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful. Steve, please.

Users who are viewing this thread