What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (18 Viewers)

Already been explained to you many times, may re-educate in the appropriate thread if I get bored. Have a good one. 
Ok, I'm ready to be re-educated.  You claim Obama's recovery sucked.  Therefore Trump should have been able to easily outgrow it YOY.  Oddly enough, that growth never hit 4%.  So either Obama set the bar too high or Trump's economy has sucked worse than Obama's.  There's simply no third choice.

Please educate me with all your independent knowledge. 

Ok, I'm ready to be re-educated.  You claim Obama's recovery sucked.  Therefore Trump should have been able to easily outgrow it YOY.  Oddly enough, that growth never hit 4%.  So either Obama set the bar too high or Trump's economy has sucked worse than Obama's.  There's simply no third choice.

Apples and Oranges. Everyone see me through it. Repeating it over and over doesn’t change that. 

Obama is only President in history to serve 8 years without one year with annual GDP above 3%.  Putrid.

There’s only one person getting embarrassed and it’s not me. 

3rd quarter GDP announces end of October, I would be in a panic if I were you too. Best of luck. 
I assume you realize that Q3 2020 will be compared to Q3 2019?  Are you expecting gangbuster results?

Hey, there's a Trump economic claims thread that we can take this to.

Yet, not a single Trump supporter has bothered to post in that one yet.

I'm guessing the reporting has begun.  Facts are considered trolling in this thread.  So odd....

edit:  great minds think alive ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a very legit question (that I’m sure the Dems will just cede like they do all the time) why hasn’t Trump delivered this 4% GDP benchmark that Obama never did for a calendar year?

GDP was even backsliding into the mid 2’s before the #### hit the fan.

It’s a very legit question (that I’m sure the Dems will just cede like they do all the time) why hasn’t Trump delivered this 4% GDP benchmark that Obama never did for a calendar year?

GDP was even backsliding into the mid 2’s before the #### hit the fan.
And let's not forget never hitting 4% GDP for a single quarter.  Despite the bigliest tax cuts for the rich in history.  That is just SAD.

So mid-way through his 3rd year he's led us into the worst recession since the great depression, and you believe that people should be enthusiastic about the next four?  He never even hit 4% GDP during the non-Covid years of the economy.

lol
You’re going to single handedly drive me to vote for the slimeball. He “led us” into the worst recession?  You can’t be serious with this. 

As a currently undecided voter, your posts are actually doing the opposite of your intention. Not at all asking you to back down from your beliefs, but you need to be somewhat honest and fair. 

You’re going to single handedly drive me to vote for the slimeball. He “led us” into the worst recession?  You can’t be serious with this. 

As a currently undecided voter, your posts are actually doing the opposite of your intention. Not at all asking you to back down from your beliefs, but you need to be somewhat honest and fair. 
Ok, believe me that's the last thing I want to do.

What can I show you in regard to how bad Trump's been?  I've tried facts and numbers, what else would do it?

Have you heard he thought injecting bleach and light would cure the virus?  How about when he praised China all through February, golfed and held rallies 8 times, and said the virus would disappear like a miracle and was well under control?

What do you need man!

Maybe you don’t understand or intentionally dodge the additional factors involved like where the country is in the market cycle or the impact of lowering rates and QE1-3 at levels never seen before for an entire 8 years vs tapering for most of a term then having no ammo left due to your predecessors “recovery”. These are just some of the factors of why everyone sees through the talking points you parrot in here. It’s a discussion that’s been had many times that you are welcome to dig up but please let’s not continue to repeat the misleading talking points in this thread. 

It’s unbelievable the depths that can be reached,  a deadly virus from China is now Trump leading us to recession? Unbelievable, I don’t see how any Independent can agree with these tactics. I certainly can’t. 

Ok, believe me that's the last thing I want to do.

What can I show you in regard to how bad Trump's been?  I've tried facts and numbers, what else would do it?
I know all the facts and numbers. I’m amazed he’s done as well as he has. Personality wise, he is very hard to like though and I’d hate to have to vote for him. 

But that small sect that think he’s the devil incarnate and who can’t objectively analyze his performance are equally as frustrating as his rhetoric. 

Maybe you don’t understand or intentionally dodge the additional factors involved like where the country is in the market cycle or the impact of lowering rates and QE1-3 at levels never seen before for an entire 8 years vs tapering for most of a term then having no ammo left due to your predecessors “recovery”. These are just some of the factors of why everyone sees through the talking points you parrot in here. It’s a discussion that’s been had many times that you are welcome to dig up but please let’s not continue to repeat the misleading talking points in this thread. 
Ok I hear you.  So you believe 2% Fed rates somehow stunted GDP growth?  Despite the massive tax cuts for the rich?  Largest ever?

2% Fed rates?

It’s unbelievable the depths that can be reached,  a deadly virus from China is now Trump leading us to recession? Unbelievable, I don’t see how any Independent can agree with these tactics. I certainly can’t. 
Well, we had a pandemic during the obama years, didn't wreck the economy.  The US currently has the 15th worst deaths per million in the entire world.

There is simply no disputing that fact.  15th worst in the world with 5 tiny islands ahead of us.  It's embarrassing and SAD.

Well, we had a pandemic during the obama years, didn't wreck the economy.  The US currently has the 15th worst deaths per million in the entire world.

There is simply no disputing that fact.  15th worst in the world with 5 tiny islands ahead of us.  It's embarrassing and SAD.
Please, show us you’ve learned to make an apples to apples comparison or will it be another embarrassing misleading talking point...please let us know the pandemic that is the equivalent to Covid 19? 

Truly sad the levels you are stooping to in here. let’s move along please. 

Please, show us you’ve learned to make an apples to apples comparison or will it be another embarrassing misleading talking point...please let us know the pandemic that is the equivalent to Covid 19? 

Truly sad the levels you are stooping to in here. let’s move along please. 

Just a fyi, Trump compared this pandemic to that one.  Or was he being sarcastic?  It’s hard to tell if you’re not 100% tuned in to him.

Just a fyi, Trump compared this pandemic to that one.  Or was he being sarcastic?  It’s hard to tell if you’re not 100% tuned in to him.
Deflecting and blaming Trump...feels familiar. Sorry I don’t hang on his every word like you do, may want to consider doing the same. 

Only if you show us the pandemic Obama handled with no issues that we are using as a Covid comparison now. 

I’m not sure about that. H1N1 definitely didn’t blow up like this.

How does Trump get people to buy into this greatest economy in history of world shtick though? I know it’s his move to exaggerate and self-promote, etc but that doesn’t mean people  just have to believe it.

I’m not sure about that. H1N1 definitely didn’t blow up like this.

How does Trump get people to buy into this greatest economy in history of world shtick though? I know it’s his move to exaggerate and self-promote, etc but that doesn’t mean problem just have to believe it.
He speaks.  His supporters listen.  It’s that simple.

I know all the facts and numbers. I’m amazed he’s done as well as he has. Personality wise, he is very hard to like though and I’d hate to have to vote for him. 

But that small sect that think he’s the devil incarnate and who can’t objectively analyze his performance are equally as frustrating as his rhetoric.
Agreed, there is a decent group of people who will blame Trump for everything, take some of his comments out of context and can't give him credit for keeping the economy strong pre-COVID. As someone who has never voted before and is not a Trump fan, I find this frustrating as well simply because Trump does enough stupid #### that there's absolutely no need to make anything up about him to try and score points for your side (which is awful in itself but both sides are clearly guilty of this).

That being said, I'm interested in hearing how you find this just as frustrating as Trump's rhetoric considering he's the President of the United States and as an independent I would think you'd agree his ignorance and hateful comments towards anyone who disagrees with him continues to divide the country even further. I'd also assume you find Trump supporters who throw all the blame on Democrats and refuse to hold Trump accountable for anything are just as bad as the extreme anti-Trump people, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread