Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

31 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Pelosi is truly the gift that keeps on giving for her fat shaming of the President. These tweets today. :lmao:

JT Lewis@thejtlewis

We live in a weird world now where Trump is fat and Stacey Abrams is a model.

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1262586250122461184?s=21

For those that missed is, Washington Post is now calling Stacey Abrams a super model. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2020/05/14/stacey-abrams-political-power/

Trump could definitely be a plus-sized model as well.

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

34 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Yes, let's cut funding to the WHO during the worst pandemic in over 100 years, what could be the harm in doing that? 

Edited by squistion
  • Laughing 2
39 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, let's cut funding to the WHO during the worst pandemic in over 100 years, what could be the harm in doing that? 

Oh I dunno..Punish them for being in bed with China and whitewashing the pandemic until it was way too late to do anything about it?  Not sitting around like a wimp and letting something like that go on without repercussions?  That maybe?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514?fbclid=IwAR0kNYtq5vkkigr2PUQA9NhAoDS9Js8vZB8xFbfdgSbG8mFIGny6s0M_Sx4

More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

:rant:

2 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/19/national-guard-coronavirus-267514?fbclid=IwAR0kNYtq5vkkigr2PUQA9NhAoDS9Js8vZB8xFbfdgSbG8mFIGny6s0M_Sx4

More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

Smart move by the President. I don’t want to have them qualify either.   Thank you father trump for saving the taxpayers money. This is what business men do.  

I really don’t understand the outrage here.

Edited by boots11234
8 hours ago, Max Power said:

Huge nod to Desantis getting the NFL moving. His willingness to open Florida to sports was the nudge other governors needed.

DeSantis has been the best Governor during this crisis by far. I noticed right after he announced sports can come down to Florida Newsom and Cuomo suddenly started talking about opening and sports coming back. He’s like the anti Cuomo also, instead of knowingly putting Corona infected seniors back into nursing homes he has done the opposite.

7 hours ago, squistion said:

What sports writer has been actively rooting against the NFL and sports coming back? Who specifically are you referring to?

Mike Florio, Peter King, anybody on 670 the Score talking about the NFL. Just about every MLB sports writer it seems as well. They don’t come out and say it obviously, but you can read between the lines.  No positivity and constant doom and gloom. MLB needs to watch it too, they just had the lowest attendance in 15 year. If they screw this up and don’t play this year they may never come back.

2 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Is COVID19 going to do a hard stop? So there is no need for further help with testing? 

Edited by squistion
2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Mike Florio, Peter King, anybody on 670 the Score talking about the NFL. Just about every MLB sports writer it seems as well. They don’t come out and say it obviously, but you can read between the lines.  No positivity and constant doom and gloom. MLB needs to watch it too, they just had the lowest attendance in 15 year. If they screw this up and don’t play this year they may never come back.

Seems doomy and gloomy.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

:rolleyes:  Sorry, but you can't come up with anything that Florio or King have said that anyone can spin as actively rooting against the NFL or against sports coming back. no matter how charitably you read between the lines

I seriously doubt Florio wants to go back to practicing law and King is among the highest paid NFL sportswriters. Not realistic that either would want to give up their meal ticket. 

Edited by squistion
14 minutes ago, The General said:

Seems doomy and gloomy.

Maybe but I doubt it. MLB has already purged fans once in our lifetime and almost ruined the game forever because of stupidity. They have even less fans in the stands now than back then. This isn’t some crazy stretch. 

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

Maybe but I doubt it. MLB has already purged fans once in our lifetime and almost ruined the game forever because of stupidity. They have even less fans in the stands now than back then. This isn’t some crazy stretch. 

Record revenues

"Gross revenues for the league were $10.7 billion for 2019, up from $10.3 billion last year, according to industry sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity. That marks the 17th consecutive year that MLB has seen record growth...Since 1992, when Bud Selig took over as commissioner on a full-time basis, league gross revenues have grown from $1.2 billion, an 386% increase when accounting for inflation."

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

:rolleyes:  Sorry, but you can't come up with anything that Florio or King have said that anyone can spin as actively rooting against the NFL and against sports coming back. no matter how charitably you read between the lines

I seriously doubt Florio wants to go back to practicing law and King is among the highest paid NFL sportswriters. Not realistic that either would want to give up their meal ticket. 

I don’t know what there goal is. It clearly isn’t to help bring the NFL back which is bizarre to me as well. I just linked a major guy in the NFL media who thinks as well, so it’s not just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I don’t know what there goal is. It clearly isn’t to help bring the NFL back which is bizarre to me as well. I just linked a major guy in the NFL media who thinks as well, so it’s not just my opinion. 

The exact words of Prisco was the vague statement "Sometimes I think people in the media..." which is hardly close to explicitly stating that he really thinks that. He qualified what he was saying and didn't name names or give examples because obviously he can't. 

And if it seems bizarre and doesn't make any sense, it is because it doesn't really make any sense that people who make their living from covering the NFL would be rooting against the NFL or would not want games coming back. C'mon. 

42 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

"People who cover sports for a living are rooting for the end of sports" is a take I did not see coming. But there have been a lot of those since January 2017.

Yes,  just like all those people dying worldwide so Trump won't get re-elected. It’s all so obvious if you just open your eye.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, squistion said:

The exact words of Prisco was the vague statement "Sometimes I think people in the media..." which is hardly close to explicitly stating that he really thinks that. He qualified what he was saying and didn't name names or give examples because obviously he can't. 

And if it seems bizarre and doesn't make any sense, it is because it doesn't really make any sense that people who make their living from covering the NFL would be rooting against the NFL or would not want games coming back. C'mon. 

He didn’t name names because he works in the industry. I wish he would have said some of the ones I mentioned though. These guys to this day are still on team lockdown. 

25 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The mental gymnastics these truth warriors have to go through to support Biden after years of bashing Trump is fun to watch.  

It's hilarious after years of the Trump tantrums they end up with Biden and have to pretend like he is better in any way....priceless.:lmao:

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Biden's hair is getting thicker during the down time. Guy is aging in reverse now. By the time he's sworn in the locks will be flowing.

So a qualifier here first, this is honestly not a fishing or gotcha attempt.  It is 100% an attempt to understand how Trump supporters rationalize or agree with the apparent dichotomy of the behavior.  I haven’t spent a ton of time researching the issue as a whole so I’m really just trying to understand the positions. 

What are your thoughts on Trump voting by mail himself but as of today is threatening to withhold aid to Michigan for sending out absentee vote by mail applications?  TIA

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

So a qualifier here first, this is honestly not a fishing or gotcha attempt.  It is 100% an attempt to understand how Trump supporters rationalize or agree with the apparent dichotomy of the behavior.  I haven’t spent a ton of time researching the issue as a whole so I’m really just trying to understand the positions. 

What are your thoughts on Trump voting by mail himself but as of today is threatening to withhold aid to Michigan for sending out absentee vote by mail applications?  TIA

He has better things to do than stand in line to vote. If people want to vote by mail, send in a request for a ballot.  Voting is easy as is. Seems like a Yuge waste of money.  

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

He has better things to do than stand in line to vote. If people want to vote by mail, send in a request for a ballot.  Voting is easy as is. Seems like a Yuge waste of money.  

I completely agree with the first sentence.  But your next 2 seem at odds (or I’m just not understanding which could be the case). The request for a ballot is voting by mail right?   Isn’t that what Michigan just issued?  And if not and we remove the voting my mail doesn’t that force him to stand in line?   Thanks. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I completely agree with the first sentence.  But your next 2 seem at odds (or I’m just not understanding which could be the case). The request for a ballot is voting by mail right?   Isn’t that what Michigan just issued?  And if not and we remove the voting my mail doesn’t that force him to stand in line?   Thanks. 

We have had absentee ballots forever as voluntary if you can’t make it to the polls.  Why spend all that money to force-feed ballots.  The government has bad addresses and names for a large percentage.  Many will come back return mail.  That’s wasted money. People can stand in line at grocery or choose to get delivery or parking lot pickup.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Yes, and my understanding is that sending out applications to vote absentee is legal under Michigan law, despite what POTUS said in his tweet.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

We have had absentee ballots forever as voluntary if you can’t make it to the polls.  Why spend all that money to force-feed ballots.  The government has bad addresses and names for a large percentage.  Many will come back return mail.  That’s wasted money. People can stand in line at grocery or choose to get delivery or parking lot pickup.  

Ok. Make sense.  So are you for mail in or not?   

3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Why does the Democrat Party hate free speech so much?

Sarah A. Carter@SarahCarterDC

Mika Brzezinski Asks Twitter To Ban Trump's Account To Make The World 'Safer'

https://twitter.com/saracarterdc/status/1263139210741121028?s=21

Mika is a Democrat or speaks for the Democratic Party? (not the Democrat Party)

Edited by squistion
  • Laughing 1

Rick Scott and Marco Rubio could easily set Trump straight on absentee ballots. We have a long history of voting by absentee ballots and the GOP in Florida has been good, maybe better then the Dems, at getting their folks to use absentee ballots, such as conservative older white non-condo dwellers. Many "liberal" condo dwellers can walk or catch a bus to vote in person.

Scott even extended early voting and made voting by mail easier in the aftermath of hurricane Michael.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/10/18/scott-emergency-order-expands-voting-opportunities-doesnt-delay-election-655890

Edited by SoBeDad
10 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Rick Scott and Marco Rubio could easily set Trump straight on absentee ballots. We have a long history of voting by absentee ballots and the GOP in Florida has been good, maybe better then the Dems, at getting their folks to use absentee ballots, such as conservative older white non-condo dwellers. Many "liberal" condo dwellers can walk or catch a bus to vote in person.

Scott even extended early voting and made voting by mail easier in the aftermath of hurricane Michael.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/10/18/scott-emergency-order-expands-voting-opportunities-doesnt-delay-election-655890

Does anyone seriously think they will do that? Rubio supported Trump after ridiculing him repeatedly by calling him "Little Marco".

1 hour ago, The General said:

Biden's hair is getting thicker during the down time. Guy is aging in reverse now. By the time he's sworn in the locks will be flowing.

And without experimenting on himself with chemicals.

2 hours ago, The General said:

He's been binging Benjamin Button in the basement.

• Thinking 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place