What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (9 Viewers)

Here's what's going to happen in the "wannabe" city where I work.

In general, our protesters are pretty weak.
They follow examples of the protests of larger cities.

Last night, our protest was very calm and broke up about 21:30.
No problems at all to speak of.
Then, they went home and watched the news.
Once they saw that other cities had more violent protests and looting, they came back out at about 23:30 and were much more aggressive.

Now, they've had a whole day to watch the news and see what bigger city protesters did and how they were more violent.
Tonight....I can just about guarantee that they will come out in force and it will be a lot more violent than early last night.

I am in my office now, just waiting for the call to head out to Central Ave.

Watch the news and see if there is coverage of violent protests in which Albuquerque, NM is mentioned.

THAT'S the goal of our local protesters....to be like the "big boys".

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good grief.

When would they have time to do that what, with building all those internment camps for the gay community and all?

When he called for swift justice...was that for the looters or the offending police officers?
You can’t think the first time he addresses this issue he should use the word thugs and bring up looting and shooting.

It’s either on purpose to stoke up people and make this a wedge issue or it’s amazingly tone deaf and irresponsible. 

You can’t think the first time he addresses this issue he should use the word thugs and bring up looting and shooting.

It’s either on purpose to stoke up people and make this a wedge issue or it’s amazingly tone deaf and irresponsible. 
You believe that and absolutely NOTHING will change your mind....so, I'll pass.

Had President Trump said nothing....there would be nothing but peaceful protests.
The Orange Man is responsible for any violence during any protest that takes place.

Nobody out there is screaming "THUG...THUG...THUG".
What I was asking is simply do you want the president throwing the word thug and some reference to looting and shooting into this conversation at all. 

What I was asking is simply do you want the president throwing the word thug and some reference to looting and shooting into this conversation at all. 
Are we talking about President Trump....or President Obama...

I'm sure that the answer will be different....depending on who we're talking about.

Are we talking about President Trump....or President Obama...

The answer will be different....depending on who we're talking about.
There are always different circumstances. You can judge them both if you like. 

In this instance is this how you would like Trump to address this?

There are always different circumstances. You can judge them both if you like. 

In this instance is this how you would like Trump to address this?
Different circumstances?  Sure, you bet.
One was in Baltimore...the other, wasn't.

I didn't think that President Obama was far off base when he said it.....so.....

How do you feel about President Obama saying it?

Golf clap, Don.

David Nir @DavidNir

Amazing. The Pennsylvania GOP has been trying to get Republicans to request mail ballots (their website even has a guide! http://pagop.org/mailin/), but rank-and-file GOP voters are refusing to because of Trump ranting against mail voting

Jonathan Tamari @JonathanTamari

PA mail ballots approved for the Tues primary: Dems: 1.3 million GOP: 525k "We’re kind of listening to Trump on this" says one GOP chair.

Opie said:
Different circumstances?  Sure, you bet.
One was in Baltimore...the other, wasn't.

I didn't think that President Obama was far off base when he said it.....so.....

How do you feel about President Obama saying it?
I’d definitely prefer any President not to use inflammatory language during a period like this. The article that was linked was also critical of Obama.

I definitely don’t want my next Prez using Twitter to discuss policy.

Trump also talked about shooting and looting.

Opie said:
Proper procedure would be to show up to a demonstration in Bermuda shorts & flip flops.  

If something happens, there is always time to run home and change clothes
I recommend reading The Rise of the Warrior Cop by Radley Balko. Its a good book and it may help you hear a different side that you are not familiar with. I realize it may not change your mind, but its always good to get lots of information and see things from different views than your own.

Opie said:
Oh good grief.

When would they have time to do that what, with building all those internment camps for the gay community and all?

When he called for swift justice...was that for the looters or the offending police officers?
Nice deflection.

I’d definitely prefer any President not to use inflammatory language during a period like this. The article that was linked was also critical of Obama.

I definitely don’t want my next Prez using Twitter to discuss policy.

Trump also talked about shooting and looting.
Driving to Yelm tomorrow to sit down and eat at a decent restaurant.  NO MASK.  Our Governor has lost his marbles. More homeless people walking around like zombies sharing needles and he pretents people wearing masks at the grocery store is is the state of emergency. He is a bonafide idiot. Gig Harbor restaurant told me they dont open until Monday even though they reached phase 2 yesterday.  

I recommend reading The Rise of the Warrior Cop by Radley Balko. Its a good book and it may help you hear a different side that you are not familiar with. I realize it may not change your mind, but its always good to get lots of information and see things from different views than your own.
It's not the "warrior cop" who makes violent protests.
It's violent protests that have lead to "warrior cops".

Just look at Dallas, TX.....July 7, 2016 during a little "protest" when only 800 protesters shared the streets with 100 police officers (not wearing riot gear) assigned to monitor the event....Five police officers were killed and two civilians were injured.

My point of view is now, as it always has been, that Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

The police cannot be expected to show up to any civil disturbance, NOT prepared for the worst.
The other option of, not showing up at all, is even worst than the 1st option.

They are there to protect the people and property.
When there's 200 police officers and 2,000 protesters,  they can't do their job if they aren't prepared for the any situation.

The protesters dictate the flow.
As long as the protesters remain peaceful, there is rarely any problems..

Driving to Yelm tomorrow to sit down and eat at a decent restaurant.  NO MASK.  Our Governor has lost his marbles. More homeless people walking around like zombies sharing needles and he pretents people wearing masks at the grocery store is is the state of emergency. He is a bonafide idiot. Gig Harbor restaurant told me they dont open until Monday even though they reached phase 2 yesterday.  
The homeless problem is bad. No clue how this gets fixed. 

We have had no bad issues during this whole thing despite being in a pretty densely populated area. Maybe we got lucky but nothing Inslee has done has been awful to me. I do enjoy that he isn’t actively trolling every day and just does his job. 

Got to disagree with you on the mask. That seems to be agreed upon by every doctor. Doesn’t phase me in the slightest to throw one on.

I have definitely noticed a lot more traffic and up in my hood (Greenwood / Greenlake) there was a ####load of people out last 2 nights.

Enjoy the Yelm dinner (Gather Gastropub?).

Opie said:
Now, they've had a whole day to watch the news and see what bigger city protesters did and how they were more violent.
Tonight....I can just about guarantee that they will come out in force and it will be a lot more violent than early last night.

I am in my office now, just waiting for the call to head out to Central Ave.

Watch the news and see if there is coverage of violent protests in which Albuquerque, NM is mentioned.

THAT'S the goal of our local protesters....to be like the "big boys".
I guess that I (and others) were wrong about this.

Well...it's after 21:00 and nothing is going on....nothing at all.

Hopefully, it stays this way through the weekend.

My buddy was just told to pack a 72 hour bag and wait by his phone today. Waiting to see if MN (or other areas) need to call in some heavy hitters to stop the violence. 

President Trump, to no ones surprise, says nothing about the underlying causes of the anger that created last nights protests and riots. Instead he is simply demanding police power and a huge crackdown. Which will solve nothing. 

President Trump, to no ones surprise, says nothing about the underlying causes of the anger that created last nights protests and riots. Instead he is simply demanding police power and a huge crackdown. Which will solve nothing. 
He’s quoted George Wallace, referred to using “most vicious dogs,” “most ominous weapons,” says Secret Service is begging for action, claims local police abandoned the White House (lie), uses a fake quote about someone addressing him as “sir,” and also has called for Maga to have a counter protest at the WH. 

He’s quoted George Wallace, referred to using “most vicious dogs,” “most ominous weapons,” says Secret Service is begging for action, claims local police abandoned the White House (lie), uses a fake quote about someone addressing him as “sir,” and also has called for Maga types to have a counter protest at the WH. 
Donald and the WH will be protected by the “MAGA types” . Don’t worry 

He’s quoted George Wallace, referred to using “most vicious dogs,” “most ominous weapons,” says Secret Service is begging for action, claims local police abandoned the White House (lie), uses a fake quote about someone addressing him as “sir,” and also has called for Maga types to have a counter protest at the WH. 
 Donald Trump is the new George Wallace. What a wonderful time we are living in.

Trump’s the reason that officer is in jail.  Show’s over.  If you are out causing mayhem at this point, you deserve whatever happens.  

1000%.  My wife, who's was born and raised in Minnesota, showed me a similar picture.  It’s great to see and thank you for sharing it.  

There’s no question the number of good people out there far outweigh those causing the trouble.  She also was showing me pictures of a bunch of people (easily over a 100) that were sweeping up and cleaning the areas ravaged.  It’s shameful the media isn’t showing more of that side.  

Between this picture and the successful SpaceX launch today it was a nice injection of some much needed positivity.   

He’s had an enormous opportunity to show the black community he has their back.  He hasn’t ignored it, but he hasnt’t captured it either.

How is Kyle Orton one of your favorite Bears players? He played well for Denver, but was extremely mediocre in Chicago.
He could drink like a champ and was serviceable and wouldn’t lose the game for you. We could really use a Kyle Orton in Chicago these days.

He could drink like a champ and was serviceable and wouldn’t lose the game for you. We could really use a Kyle Orton in Chicago these days.
He did have some great internet photo's.

Definitely servicable, and did become better than I thought he would have (in Denver).

Bears have the makings of a 6-10 to 8-8 type of team. Foles is either great or awful, Mitch is pretty much subpar outside of Lions games.

Maybe having some TE's (even though Graham may be done) will help. Defense should be top 2 or 3.

Users who are viewing this thread