• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

28 minutes ago, tonydead said:

If you agree with served you have to agree with served equally. You cant put all the blacks in the back. And you cant treat the POTUS any differently than your average Joe. That's discrimination 101. 

Fair point but I believe it’s far more nuanced than that.  The POTUS carries a responsibility in his communication that the average Joe doesn’t. The average Joe could be taunting flat earth theory‘s and pizzagate conspiracies, the POTUS carries an obligation not to. You can’t bucket everything together with racial discrimination, context and nuance do factor in.  And whether the POTUS likes it or not they are treated differently than your average Joe. That’s what you sign up for as a leader and that’s not discrimination, that’s accountability. As a leader you’re held to a higher standard, that comes with the territory and is part of what you sign up for. 

25 minutes ago, timschochet said:

@tonydead I have to admit you make some excellent points here. You’ve got me undecided but leaning towards your POV on this question. 

Why does this make me feel even better about my position?  😉

• Like 3
7 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Fair point but I believe it’s far more nuanced than that.  The POTUS carries a responsibility in his communication that the average Joe doesn’t. The average Joe could be taunting flat earth theory‘s and pizzagate conspiracies, the POTUS carries an obligation not to. You can’t bucket everything together with racial discrimination, context and nuance do factor in.  And whether the POTUS likes it or not they are treated differently than your average Joe. That’s what you sign up for as a leader and that’s not discrimination, that’s accountability. As a leader you’re held to a higher standard, that comes with the territory and is part of what you sign up for. 

Question.  What's your position on other leaders like Maxine Waters saying the Minnesota police killings were due to Trump?  How should something like that be handled?  What responsibility does the news outlet that airs that interview have?  What responsibility does Waters have?  How do we hold her accountable?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

For real, google Obama and Lies and look at the novel the comes up on sites like politifact. Same old hypocrisy. 

I think that every time someone here cites "Trump's lies"....I'm simply going to respond with that link.

...pesky facts.

Edited by Opie
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Oh...and before the usual suspects start posting "well...Trump Lies".....here's the difference:

You cite "Trump's lies" and say that you won't vote for him because of these lies while in office.....yet, you plan on voting for Biden despite his decades of lies while running for, and holding office.

I am citing "Biden's damn lies" and plagiarisms to show the absolute hypocrisy of your statement.

So, when you are listing the reasons you won't be voting for President Trump...do yourselves (and us) a favor and leave "the lies" off the list.

You just look silly.

Edited by Opie
5 minutes ago, Opie said:

Oh...and before the usual suspects start posting "Trump Lies".....here's the difference:

You cite "Trump's lies" and say that you won't vote for him because of these lies.....yet, you plan on voting for Biden despite his lies.
I am citing "Biden's damn lies" to show the absolute hypocrisy of your statement.

So, when you are listing the reasons you won't be voting for President Trump...do yourselves (and us) a favor and leave "the lies" off the list.

You just look silly.

Done and done.

- He’s incompetent

- He’s a race baiter

- He’s a liar

- He’s a sexual predator

- He’s an embarrassment 

28 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Done and done.

- He’s incompetent

- He’s a race baiter

- He’s a liar

- He’s a sexual predator

- He’s an embarrassment 

That's a start....

Lots more on that list that pertains to ol' Stink Finger Joe.....Let's continue...

Shall we start with "sexual predator"?

What was it that Trump said??  "...grab 'em by the ........"?
What was it that Biden's been accused of??  ...grabbing her by the......?

Do I need to post the videos of "Creepy Uncle Joe"?

BTW...It was the WAPO that labeled him "Creepy"...way before he announced for POTUS.

Edited by Opie
9 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Wow, we went from Twitter trying to be the arbiter of truth to enforcer of morality. Have you seen some of the type of stuff Twitter allows?  

48 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Done and done.

- He’s incompetent

- He’s a race baiter

- He’s a liar

- He’s a sexual predator

- He’s an embarrassment 

Done and done.

- He’s incompetent

- He’s a race baiter

- He’s a liar

- He’s a sexual predator

- He’s an embarrassment 

Fixed that for you.  

• Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
9 hours ago, dkp993 said:
10 hours ago, tonydead said:

If you agree with served you have to agree with served equally. You cant put all the blacks in the back. And you cant treat the POTUS any differently than your average Joe. That's discrimination 101. 

At the very least, on the Twitter platform, I think there's a difference between "random Twitter account" and "blue check mark verified Twitter account".  Can we all at least agree that it's legitimate to treat verified accounts different than non-verified accounts, before we get into the discussion on the legitimacy of potentially treating Trump's account differently than "misc. verified Hollywood celeb account"?

2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Done and done.

- He’s incompetent

- He’s a race baiter

- He’s a liar

- He’s a sexual predator

- He’s an embarrassment 

Everyone please drop this. 

We're not going to use this forum to score points for your side calling Trump a sexual predator. We're not going to use this forum to score points for your side calling Biden a sexual predator. These are not hidden stories. These are serious stories. Both for the accused and obviously for the accuser. We're not going to flippantly throw them out here to take shots at the other side from accounts with anonymous screen names. The internet is full of places to call people things like this all day long. Please do it there.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Opie said:

That's a start....

Lots more on that list that pertains to ol' Stink Finger Joe.....Let's continue...

Shall we start with "sexual predator"?

What was it that Trump said??  "...grab 'em by the ........"?
What was it that Biden's been accused of??  ...grabbing her by the......?

Do I need to post the videos of "Creepy Uncle Joe"?

BTW...It was the WAPO that labeled him "Creepy"...way before he announced for POTUS.

We're not going to use this forum to score points for your side calling Trump a sexual predator. We're not going to use this forum to score points for your side calling Biden a sexual predator. These are not hidden stories. These are serious stories. Both for the accused and obviously for the accuser. We're not going to flippantly throw them out here to take shots at the other side from accounts with anonymous screen names. The internet is full of places to call people things like this all day long. Please do it there.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

The post was not to call Joe Biden anything.

The pointless goal was to point out the absolute hypocrisy of one side accusing a candidate of something of which their candidate is just as (if not more) guilty.

I am getting pretty sick and tired of the relentless postings that say they won't vote for President Trump because of Accusation A, but will vote for a Biden despite the same accusation being leveled at him....in the "Trump-2020" thread.

You don't want to vote for President Trump because "Orange Man Bad"....then don't.
But don't list the reasons for your decision when Biden is has garnered the exact, same accusations against him

You are absolutely correct....."The internet is full of places to call people things like this all day long"...and so does this forum.
This forum has countless threads where accusations against President Trump are thrown around all day with very little repercussion...but I am pretty sure that #Knowledge Dropper created this thread as a place where those who actually support our president, can post without fighting off the hoard.

Our little bubble inside everyone else's huge bubble.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
17 minutes ago, Opie said:

The pointless goal was to point out the absolute hypocrisy of one side accusing a candidate of something of which their candidate is just as (if not more) guilty.

I am getting pretty sick and tired of the relentless postings that say they won't vote for President Trump because of Accusation A, but will vote for a Biden despite the same accusation being leveled at him....in the "Trump-2020" thread.

You don't want to vote for President Trump because "Orange Man Bad"....then don't.
But don't list the reasons for your decision when Biden is has garnered the exact, same accusations against him

You are absolutely correct....."The internet is full of places to call people things like this all day long"...and so does this forum.
This forum has countless threads where accusations against President Trump are thrown around all day with very little repercussion...but I am pretty sure that #Knowledge Dropper created this thread as a place where those who actually support our president, can post without fighting off the hoard.

Our little bubble inside everyone else's huge bubble.

Great post.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Opie said:

You wrote in the post: "Lots more on that list that pertains to ol' Stink Finger Joe.....Let's continue..."

Drop it. Full stop. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Biden is definitely a huge hypocritical conundrum for democrats.  

I've said this a few times.  I would rather the left be open and honest and just admit that what Biden is accused of is bad, and they don't like it, but it's anyone but Trump at all costs.  

You have people here who have publicly said they would take a recession over Trump, but are trying to defend Biden.  It is illogical and once again, hypocritical--which is the worst

41 minutes ago, Opie said:

Ugh, I've been trying to stay out of this, I even deleted a post about it, but:

• The info is from a washed up ex blonde bombshell actress with some extreme and disinformed views in other twitter posts.
  • She posts a video with no statement or branding of where it comes from.
  • The video is altered, it's slowed and cut.
  • The voiceover purports to be of an expert who is talking generally, he's not talking about Biden. It's laid over video of Biden to suggest he is, when he is not.
  • The goal of the video/post - by Kristi Swanson - is to convince the viewer not that Biden is a sexual predator, but that he is a pedophile. It's about "grooming" children.

The whole thing is sick and deceptive. I like Widbill, I appreciate him, I enjoy speaking with him and getting his POVs on things. Really not going at him, but this whole exchange is emblematic of the continuing sheer desire to absorb feel-good misinformation and disinformation.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

a washed up ex blonde bombshell actress

wowzer

What do the following things have to do with forming an opinion about Joe Biden?:

1- Being blonde?

2- Being a former actress?

14 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

• The info is from a washed up ex blonde bombshell actress with some extreme and disinformed views in other twitter posts.
  • The voiceover purports to be of an expert who is talking generally, he's not talking about Biden. It's laid over video of Biden to suggest he is, when he is not.
  • The goal of the video/post - by Kristi Swanson - is to convince the viewer not that Biden is a sexual predator, but that he is a pedophile. It's about "grooming" children.

The whole thing is sick and deceptive. I like Widbill, I appreciate him, I enjoy speaking with him and getting his POVs on things. Really not going at him, but this whole exchange is emblematic of the continuing sheer desire to absorb feel-good misinformation and disinformation.

Yeah!

Who'm I gonna believe anyway...

....you...or my lyin' eyes?

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Eeeeesh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

Question.  What's your position on other leaders like Maxine Waters saying the Minnesota police killings were due to Trump?  How should something like that be handled?  What responsibility does the news outlet that airs that interview have?  What responsibility does Waters have?  How do we hold her accountable?

All good questions and all questions that are vastly widening the scope of the original discussion.  The original discussion was does Twitter have the right to delete or flag a post.  Your question venture off into the media and it’s responsibility.  With that said....

I have not seen the Waters quote, if she’s saying what you are claiming it’s flat wrong and irresponsible.  In this instance could Twitter delete or flag her posts on that, yes of course, noW “should they” is a whole different discussion which I do t believe they should or it’s their responsibility.  The same statement hold true for the Trump tweet. The right to vs should are totally different discussions. 

3 hours ago, tonydead said:

Wow, we went from Twitter trying to be the arbiter of truth to enforcer of morality. Have you seen some of the type of stuff Twitter allows?  

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

All good questions and all questions that are vastly widening the scope of the original discussion.  The original discussion was does Twitter have the right to delete or flag a post.  Your question venture off into the media and it’s responsibility.  With that said....

I have not seen the Waters quote, if she’s saying what you are claiming it’s flat wrong and irresponsible.  In this instance could Twitter delete or flag her posts on that, yes of course, noW “should they” is a whole different discussion which I do t believe they should or it’s their responsibility.  The same statement hold true for the Trump tweet. The right to vs should are totally different discussions. 

59 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Biden is definitely a huge hypocritical conundrum for democrats.  

To those stuck in the conundrum I say vote 3rd party.  It’s time for another voice to get interjected into our political system.  

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

To those stuck in the conundrum I say vote 3rd party.  It’s time for another voice to get interjected into our political system.  

There is no room right now. The MSM is bought and paid for by the elite on both sides. A guy like Yang never stood a chance. 

The presidency is now only for swamp creatures or billionaires. We need some serious election reform. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I've said this a few times.  I would rather the left be open and honest and just admit that what Biden is accused of is bad, and they don't like it, but it's anyone but Trump at all costs.  

You have people here who have publicly said they would take a recession over Trump, but are trying to defend Biden.  It is illogical and once again, hypocritical--which is the worst

While I won’t argue one bit what you are saying, this all (minus the recession question which was never posed in Obama, etc) is absolutely true about the right.  The hypocrisy on both directions is so thick you could cut it with a butter knife.  

Just now, Max Power said:

There is no room right now. The MSM is bought and paid for by the elite on both sides. A guy like Yang never stood a chance. 

The presidency is now only for swamp creatures or billionaires. We need some serious election reform. 

Agreed.  That’s why we need to remember we hold the power with our vote.  Yang never stood a chance because of what Trump built a successful career (and ultimately a Presidency) on, branding and marketing.   It’s disgustingly disappointing.  

2 hours ago, tonydead said:

wowzer

What do the following things have to do with forming an opinion about Joe Biden?:

1- Being blonde?

2- Being a former actress?

Hm yeah the blondeness not so much, "blonde actress" just meant ex-starlet with zero insight into the issue. She's 1. not a reporter, 2. not even vouching for the material, 3. not even someone who would know anything about the subject, 4. she's as random as some Algerian dude posting Isis videos. I mean, Alec Baldwin thinks Orange Man Bad, same thing.

Lol Tony, it was just the claim "she didn't mean nothin' by it" is laughable. It outright claims Biden is a pedophile. Not a harasser or gross or an assaulter, the claim of the video is outright that he's a pedophile.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Laughing 2

Spoke, walked away and left all the reporters sitting there and took no questions after they sat waiting for 45 minutes. :lmao: 

Can wait for the fake outrage coming.

Edited by lod001
  • Like 1
Just now, lod001 said:

Spoke walked away and left all the reporters sitting there and took no questions. :lmao: 

He just said the US is terminating their relationship with the WHO and is changing their relationship with China.  First question, "Mr. President, do you think Twitter should have fact checked your tweets".  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Spoke, walked away and left all the reporters sitting there and took no questions after they sat waiting for 45 minutes. :lmao: 

Can wait for the fake outrage coming.

Pretty crazy he didn’t talk about Minneapolis.

2 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

He just said the US is terminating their relationship with the WHO and is changing their relationship with China.  First question, "Mr. President, do you think Twitter should have fact checked your tweets".  

He didn’t take any questions. 

Just now, The General said:

Pretty crazy he didn’t talk about Minneapolis.

Even he must have realized he stepped in it, as also evidenced by his attempted backtrack on his “When the looting starts, the shooting starts" tweet. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, matuski said:

I think Snot was commenting on what would have happened.

Ah. That probably would have been brought up by someone. Definitely would have been asked about the shooting looters tweet.

• Like 1

Bigly on China.  China has been ripping us off forever well not during my Presidency but other presidents.

WHO didnt agree with me so I am taking away their funding.

I am the master of the deal but couldn't get a deal with China so ...

41 minutes ago, squistion said:

Even he must have realized he stepped in it, as also evidenced by his attempted backtrack on his “When the looting starts, the shooting starts" tweet. 

....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

I am asking this in all seriousness....but I already know the answer I'll get....

Was this tweet a dire prediction based on previous similar situations ... or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?

Edited by Opie
6 minutes ago, Opie said:

....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

I am asking this in all seriousness....but I already know the answer I'll get....

Was this tweet a prediction based on previous events or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?

Is there a “pouring gasoline onto a fire” option?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
7 minutes ago, Opie said:

Was this tweet a prediction based on previous events or an ominous threat of what will happen if looting occurs?

He (or rather his aides) obviously realized it was perceived as a threat, particularly after the history of "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" quote surfaced.

He backtracked on it with a tweet today and took no questions at a press conference where 35 reporters were assembled. If it had not been viewed as a threat he would not have qualified his original tweet, as there would have been no need to. 

Edited by squistion
3 minutes ago, The General said:

Is there a “pouring gasoline onto a fire” option?

So, I am guessing that without President Trump's tweet, it would have remained peaceful?

You are basing that assumption on previous, similar events?

Even if he would have said..."If I had a son...."?

Edited by Opie
  • Thanks 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place