What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (21 Viewers)

This has been DEBUNKED
Not according to that "trusted" news source, Fox News quoting US Park Police:

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/park-police-walk-back-tear-gas-denial-in-aggressive-lafayette-park-clearing

Park Police walk back tear gas denial in aggressive Lafayette Park clearing

WASHINGTON - A U.S. Park Police spokesperson said Friday it was a “mistake” to insist in a statement Tuesday that no tear gas was used to clear Lafayette Park on Monday before President Trump walked across to visit St. John’s Church.

However, the spokesperson insisted that  Park Police did not lie, explicitly noting that pepper balls were shot. Pepper balls can cause irritation to the eyes and cause tears.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
MSNBC now reporting that President Trump has told his campaign he doesn’t want anyone in the audience in Tulsa to wear masks. He wants to look out and see a packed hall, mask-free. He wants the same for his convention speech in Jacksonville. 

Meanwhile Dr. Fauci (remember him?) just gave an interview on ABC in which he stated that attending a political rally is very dangerous and if you absolutely insist on going, wear a mask. 

MSNBC now reporting that President Trump has told his campaign he doesn’t want anyone in the audience in Tulsa to wear masks. He wants to look out and see a packed hall, mask-free. He wants the same for his convention speech in Jacksonville. 

Meanwhile Dr. Fauci (remember him?) just gave an interview on ABC in which he stated that attending a political rally is very dangerous and if you absolutely insist on going, wear a mask. 
Mein Gott! What is wrong with this man?

OK.

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
...in FOUR YEARS

Vs.....the Biden Crime Bill.

Feel free to post Biden's accomplishments during his FORTY YEAR career.
Good posting.  Folks laughing at this list of accomplishments look very foolish and uninformed.

Just make sure you sign the waiver before you come in.

Good posting.  Folks laughing at this list of accomplishments look very foolish and uninformed.
And everyone was told to feel free to post every one of Joe Biden's accomplishments after forty years in politics...

....still waiting for that to drop.....   :coffee:

(we already know about his crime bill...but feel free to put that one on top!)

Just make sure you sign the waiver before you come in.
The CDC must not have received the memo from the DNC.

"CDC breaks its three-month silence to advise Americans to wear masks and avoid elbow bumps, but it does not discourage large crowds - while claiming spike in infections in newly-reopened states could be due to increased testing"

"As summer approaches, the CDC held its press briefing to announce its newly-issued guidelines for how to stay safe in gatherings and crowds - but did not advise against them". 

Riddle me this....why is it that NOBODY is associating Joe Biden with "large crowds".

This should be great news for ol' hidin' Biden....this is the green light for him to get out of the basement and start packin' 'em in!!

He can start with a McDonald's Play house in downtown Concord! 

The CDC must not have received the memo from the DNC.

"CDC breaks its three-month silence to advise Americans to wear masks and avoid elbow bumps, but it does not discourage large crowds - while claiming spike in infections in newly-reopened states could be due to increased testing"

"As summer approaches, the CDC held its press briefing to announce its newly-issued guidelines for how to stay safe in gatherings and crowds - but did not advise against them". 

Riddle me this....why is it that NOBODY is associating Joe Biden with "large crowds".

This should be great news for ol' hidin' Biden....this is the green light for him to get out of the basement and start packin' 'em in!!

He can start with a McDonald's Play house in downtown Concord! 
Just make sure that you sign that waiver before you come in. Want to make sure Trump is protected legally.

Two recent high quality studies show a reduce rate of infection associated with masks and social distancing.  One study from Germany compared a town that adopted face masks early to matched controls from other towns, while another study was from sailors on the Theodore Roosevelt. 

Trump knows coronavirus and exponential growth  better than the experts:

>> Jan. 22: 1 case confirmed in U.S. 

"We have it under control"

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine." CNBC interview in Davos, Switzerland <<

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wwwsandiegouniontribune.com/news/military/story/2020-06-09/cdc-study-of-roosevelt-outbreak-finds-lower-rates-of-covid-19-among-sailors-who-wore-masks%3f_amp=true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/502440-masks-can-reduce-coronavirus-spread-by-40%3famp

Well as we’ve been saying for like ever there are 47 other threads to poo on him. Perhaps you could move these types of posts there?  

for the life of me I don’t understand why you even post in this thread. 
I’m not interested in “pooing” on him. 

I post in this thread because I want to discuss Donald Trump with smart people who disagree with me about Donald Trump. Talking to people that agree with me is boring. I would much rather have a conversation with someone like you, so long as you’re honest, smart, and willing to offer ideas rather than just cheerlead.

The wearing a face mask continues to be one of the weirder things people get wound up on. I don't get it.

Can anyone explain this?

The wearing a face mask continues to be one of the weirder things people get wound up on. I don't get it.

Can anyone explain this?
I don't agree with you much but I agree with this.  What's the big whoop? 
I really feel like if this report is true, and that is certainly an IF, then I think the Donald must be slipping at what he’s actually good at.  Branding.  Seems like this is an excellent branding and sales opportunity.  The Donald of old would be thinking about everybody in that audience wearing a face mask they purchased off of his website for $19.99, which he had made in China for $1.99, with some catchy anti-Biden or down with the Democrats slogan on it.  Age might be finally catching up with him.  

I really feel like if this report is true, and that is certainly an IF, then I think the Donald must be slipping at what he’s actually good at.  Branding.  Seems like this is an excellent branding and sales opportunity.  The Donald of old would be thinking about everybody in that audience wearing a face mask they purchased off of his website for $19.99, which he had made in China for $1.99, with some catchy anti-Biden or down with the Democrats slogan on it.  Age might be finally catching up with him.  
I honestly think with Trump it’s almost 100% a vanity thing.

Please Tim, covid fear mongering is so three weeks ago. Can’t you find some statues to rip down or something?

I honestly think with Trump it’s almost 100% a vanity thing.
I think 60%. Another 20% is that he wants to send the message that the pandemic is over; the mask tells us that the pandemic is still with us, and Trump thinks that message hurts the economy. 
The final 20% is a big screw you to the experts which so many conservatives seem to subscribe to these days. They love thumbing their nose at the know it alls, whether they are pollsters, climate scientists, or public health experts. 

Because he doesn't agree with you, so you must be fearmongering, or fake news, or not an expert on the subject, or a know it all, or triggered. Next he will give your post a laughing reaction. 
And this is the depressing thing. In the past, conservatives rarely disagreed with liberals about facts; the disagreement was over how those facts should be interpreted and what to do about them. But during first the Tea Party era and now in the years of Trump, if a conservative encounters a piece of news they don’t like, they disagree with the news itself: it’s fake. It must be fearmongering or the MSM is lying. It never happened. The best example ever is still when Trump made fun of the crippled reporter, in which we are told by Trump supporters not to believe that which is right in front of us. The “no tear gas” is another example. And on and on and on. They are willing to reject reality and it’s damn scary. 

How I am fearmongering? 

If you were in the area would you attend this rally without the slightest concern? 
You are posting MSNBC garbage in here like it’s news and all of the sudden you are concerned about crowds after weeks of protesting, rioting, and looking with no social distancing and many with no masks. 

We know your next post is MSNBC showed you footage of a rioter with a mask so they were safe, we know we know. 

Take it somewhere else please. 

For someone who admittedly knows nothing of tear gas, you sure seem to talk as if you know a lot about tear gas.

“It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN” — shorthands for types of tear gas which use chemical compounds. The Park Police’s use of pepper balls was classified as OC: that organic version which results in a similar reaction.

CS or CN is "Tear Gas".

Pepper balls (as it says) are classified as OC....a far FAR distance from CS or CN.

In order to help you in your quest for knowledge....
(it should begin sometime)

OC – this is probably one of the most common and popular forms of pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. The active ingredient is capsaicin which is derived from peppers. The remaining ingredients are mainly fillers. Capsaicin is not soluble in water. Victims are encouraged to blink excessively to produce tears that will flush your eyes and to not touch other body parts as to not spread the substance. There are wipes available to help remove the pepper spray.

CS – or tear gas is an agent that can be used alone or is also combined with OC spray for added affects. Even though there are about 15 types of tear gas, CS is most popular because has shown to be more effective including mild tearing to immediate vomiting to causing the victim to get in a submissively prone position. It is often used for riot control or to force people out of an area. CS can be found in aerosol canisters or can be deployed by grenades.

CN – is another form of tear gas available to and primarily used by military and police agencies. CN has fallen by the wayside as pepper spray works faster. CN has similar affects to CS gas and also include temporary loss of balance and even permanent skin damage. Affects of CN gas last longer than that of CS.

YOU have been suckered again...and no matter how many times you call it "tear gas"...it won't be true.

You are posting MSNBC garbage in here like it’s news and all of the sudden you are concerned about crowds after weeks of protesting, rioting, and looking with no social distancing and many with no masks. 

We know your next post is MSNBC showed you footage of a rioter with a mask so they were safe, we know we know. 

Take it somewhere else please. 
1. My concern about the pandemic is not all of a sudden. I was concerned all during the protests and posted it here. Please don’t confuse me with somebody else. But your statement “and many with no masks” is not accurate. The vast majority of protestors wore masks. But there were too many of them and they were too close together. At least they were outside. The worst moment of course is when tear gas was used against them. If anything is sure to spread COVID that would have been it. 

2. I don’t think I ever saw footage of a rioter with a mask. Rioters are stupid or emotional people who are unlikely to follow any kind of public health rule. 

3. In the past when you’ve asked me to leave this thread I’ve done so at least for a time. But I’ve changed my mind about that. I’m not trolling, not trying to rub anything in. This is the main thread devoted to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign, and that is a subject I wish to discuss. I’m sorry you find some of the news I have brought up as unpleasant. 

For someone who admittedly know nothing of tear gas, you sure seem to talk like you know a lot about tear gas.

“It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN” — shorthands for types of tear gas which use chemical compounds. The Park Police’s use of pepper balls was classified as OC: that organic version which results in a similar reaction.

CS or CN is "Tear Gas".

Pepperball (as it says) are classified as OC....a far FAR distance from CS or CN.

In order to help you in your quest for knowledge....

OC – this is probably one of the most common and popular forms of pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. The active ingredient is capsaicin which is derived from peppers. The remaining ingredients are mainly fillers. Capsaicin is not soluble in water. Victims are encouraged to blink excessively to produce tears that will flush your eyes and to not touch other body parts as to not spread the substance. There are wipes available to help remove the pepper spray.

CS – or tear gas is an agent that can be used alone or is also combined with OC spray for added affects. Even though there are about 15 types of tear gas, CS is most popular because has shown to be more effective including mild tearing to immediate vomiting to causing the victim to get in a submissively prone position. It is often used for riot control or to force people out of an area. CS can be found in aerosol canisters or can be deployed by grenades.

CN – is another form of tear gas available to and primarily used by military and police agencies. CN has fallen by the wayside as pepper spray works faster. CN has similar affects to CS gas and also include temporary loss of balance and even permanent skin damage. Affects of CN gas last longer than that of CS.
Seriously this is not a good look for you. You’re choosing to double down on the absurd. 

Seriously this is not a good look for you. You’re choosing to double down on the absurd. 
It's right in front of you ....deny it all you want.
YOU are the one doubling down on the absurd and the words in the article you posted, proves it.

They actually try to prove it was CS or CN by holding up a canister labeled OC.

I've posted the difference and you STILL can't accept it. 

Someone here sure looks like a blind fool here....and it ain't me.

1. My concern about the pandemic is not all of a sudden. I was concerned all during the protests and posted it here. Please don’t confuse me with somebody else. But your statement “and many with no masks” is not accurate. The vast majority of protestors wore masks. But there were too many of them and they were too close together. At least they were outside. The worst moment of course is when tear gas was used against them. If anything is sure to spread COVID that would have been it. 

2. I don’t think I ever saw footage of a rioter with a mask. Rioters are stupid or emotional people who are unlikely to follow any kind of public health rule. 

3. In the past when you’ve asked me to leave this thread I’ve done so at least for a time. But I’ve changed my mind about that. I’m not trolling, not trying to rub anything in. This is the main thread devoted to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign, and that is a subject I wish to discuss. I’m sorry you find some of the news I have brought up as unpleasant. 
So predictable. :lmao:  

Also everyone in here understands MSNBC doesn’t report news, you will need to try that in another thread if you want anyone to fall for it. 

It's right in front of you ....deny it all you want.
YOU are the one doubling down on the absurd and the words in the article you posted, proves it.

They actually try to prove it was CS or CN by holding up a canister labeled OC.

I've posted the difference and you STILL can't accept it. 

Someone here sure looks like a fool....and it ain't me.
You’re Bill Clinton splitting hairs over the definition of the word “is”. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. But today Trump bragged about using tear gas. I heard him. He could have avoided it, made the same silly distinction you’re making now. He didn’t. He likes that tear gas was used. 

So predictable. :lmao:  

Also everyone in here understands MSNBC doesn’t report news, you will need to try that in another thread if you want anyone to fall for it. 
Well we will see a week from today right? If that crowd in Tulsa are wearing masks then we’ll know that the news got it wrong. If they’re not then the reporting will have been accurate, as it almost always is despite your claims to the contrary. 

You’re Bill Clinton splitting hairs over the definition of the word “is”. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. But today Trump bragged about using tear gas. I heard him. He could have avoided it, made the same silly distinction you’re making now. He didn’t. He likes that tear gas was used. 
Its not splitting hairs...

Why not hold up a canister of OC and call it "Mustard Gas"??
Hold up the pepper spray in your wife's purse and call it a "nerve agent"!

If they were the "same thing"...they'd be labeled the same way.

The three items I listed do not use the same ingredients therefore, are not the same thing.

Damn...you see something you think you can use and you're like a dog with a bone...
You've admitted that you know NOTHING of this...yet you keep talking..

...amazing.

Can anyone explain this?
Because the face is where humans express their feelings. A mask slightly ddehumanizes people and the interactions between us. I hope wearing one does not become the new normal. Why people refuse to wear them where required, no clue, I think it’s insensitive to others. I have no problems wearing one. Wearing one outside?  No. Stupid and unnecessary. 

No kidding.  Every time you stated you were leaving the thread you're back within 8 hours.  You can't stay away because you can't get attention anywhere else.  Call it what you want but you've posted about tear gas in here about 569 times.  Tear.   Gas.   Who cares?   You do because you're seeking an "I told you so" moment but nah you're not trolling you want a serious discussion

Well we will see a week from today right? If that crowd in Tulsa are wearing masks then we’ll know that the news got it wrong. If they’re not then the reporting will have been accurate, as it almost always is despite your claims to the contrary. 
Wait I just went to a restaurant and no one was wearing masks, that must have been the Trump campaign too right? 

Cant believe you eat up that garbage. 

No kidding.  Every time you stated you were leaving the thread you're back within 8 hours.  You can't stay away because you can't get attention anywhere else.  Call it what you want but you've posted about tear gas in here about 569 times.  Tear.   Gas.   Who cares?   You do because you're seeking an "I told you so" moment but nah you're not trolling you want a serious discussion
Well...in his defense...there is absolutely nothing positive to post about his candidate....what else can he do?

He just has to be heard to make his opinion (right or wrong), known .......I think the term is "narcissist"..or ...maybe he suffers from "logorrhea"
Now....that's a medical condition and if he has it....we should be made known of it.

In layman's terms....it's "diarrhea of the mouth".

Really sad. I’m posting about issues. I didn’t bring up tear gas in this thread; that was @knowledge dropper who linked an opinion piece from the Federalist and then asserted it was proof of the MSM lying. A number of other Trump supporters chimed in. I was responding to them. I also made no personal attacks whatsoever, which is all you ever seem to do when you post in this thread just as you’re doing now. 

Really sad. I’m posting about issues. I didn’t bring up tear gas in this thread; that was @knowledge dropper who linked an opinion piece from the Federalist and then asserted it was proof of the MSM lying. A number of other Trump supporters chimed in. I was responding to them. I also made no personal attacks whatsoever, which is all you ever seem to do when you post in this thread just as you’re doing now. 
Is there a doctor in the house who can provide a diagnosis?

Well...in his defense...there is absolutely nothing positive to post about his candidate....what else can he do?

He just has to be heard to make his opinion (right or wrong), known .......I think the term is "narcissist"..or ...maybe he suffers from "logorrhea"
Now....that's a medical condition and if he has it....we should be made known of it.

In layman's terms....it's "diarrhea of the mouth".
At least in your previous post you were willing to address the issues- in an insulting, patronizing way but at least you attempted to defend your previous absurd position. It wasn’t any better this time around but I give you credit for trying. This post however is simply a personal attack of the sort that @Ramblin Wreck usually is guilty of. Not very becoming. 

I made a personal attack?   Okie dokie pokie

Are you denying that you came into this thread this morning firing off a gotcha moment and even demanding posters to admit they were wrong?    You can twist the facts all you want but we all know.  And we wouldn't discuss your dramatic leaving and coming back if you didn't announce it and do it so often.  You act like we are just making that up.  This isn't CBS news showing pictures of corona virus in Italy and claiming it's NYC.

Wait I just went to a restaurant and no one was wearing masks, that must have been the Trump campaign too right? 

Cant believe you eat up that garbage. 
People can’t really wear masks in restaurants. They’re also, hopefully, not crowded all together. They’re also not asked by the Trump campaign to sign a waiver before they enter. 

At least in your previous post you were willing to address the issues- in an insulting, patronizing way but at least you attempted to defend your previous absurd position. It wasn’t any better this time around but I give you credit for trying. This post however is simply a personal attack of the sort that @Ramblin Wreck usually is guilty of. Not very becoming. 
...and you hang out in the only pro-Trump thread in the PSF because......you are pro-Trump.?

People can’t really wear masks in restaurants. They’re also, hopefully, not crowded all together. They’re also not asked by the Trump campaign to sign a waiver before they enter. 
I went to the gym and had to sign a waiver, was the Trump campaign behind that one too? Can’t believe all these waivers and people not wearing masks is because the Trump campaign asked them not to. 

I made a personal attack?   Okie dokie pokie

Are you denying that you came into this thread this morning firing off a gotcha moment and even demanding posters to admit they were wrong?    You can twist the facts all you want but we all know.  And we wouldn't discuss your dramatic leaving and coming back if you didn't announce it and do it so often.  You act like we are just making that up.  This isn't CBS news showing pictures of corona virus in Italy and claiming it's NYC.
I don’t deny anything. I was called a liar over a week ago and more importantly, the MSM were called liars. I thought it was important to point out that it wasn’t so and then discuss why certain conservatives delude themselves about the MSM. I find that a very important topic. 

I went to the gym and had to sign a waiver, was the Trump campaign behind that one too? Can’t believe all these waivers and people not wearing masks is because the Trump campaign asked them not to. 
The difference is, hopefully, you weren’t packed in at the gym or encouraged not to wear a mask. 

Regarding the Tulsa trip, not too many people are wearing masks in this part of the country. Oklahoma is one of 8 states who never had official stay at home orders. Also, I believe there's still quite a few counties that don't have a confirmed case (last time I looked).

People could possibly change their minds knowing there'll be a large crowd. That certainly could play into their decision. I used to take notice of how many people were wearing masks, but I haven't been paying that much attention lately. It's a fairly small percentage for sure.

The difference is, hopefully, you weren’t packed in at the gym or encouraged not to wear a mask. 
You won’t be able to prove anyone not wearing a mask was encouraged not too, no matter how much liberal extremist “news” you watch. Some people make their own decisions. Sorry. 

Users who are viewing this thread