What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (6 Viewers)

Gotta leave for a while guys- family awaits. In truth, since the current topic seems to be me and not Trump’s re-election, which is really not to my taste, I don’t mind leaving for a while. Hopefully by the time I return the conversation will be back on track. Everyone have a very good evening! 

Regarding the Tulsa trip, not too many people are wearing masks in this part of the country. Oklahoma is one of 8 states who never had official stay at home orders. Also, I believe there's still quite a few counties that don't have a confirmed case (last time I looked).

People could possibly change their minds knowing there'll be a large crowd. That certainly could play into their decision. I used to take notice of how many people were wearing masks, but I haven't been paying that much attention lately. It's a fairly small percentage for sure.
Thanks you for sharing what reality is there, not lame MSNBC talking points. 

I told you why I post here. Why do you post in threads that are predominantly critical of Trump? 
To defend him.

Are you actually saying that you come to the only pro-Trump thread in the PSF in order to attack him?

There are PLENTY of other threads for that....why is this the place you feel you need go?

You aren't going to convince anyone here of your ideology.
We've made it very clear that we see you as a boorish, know-it-all who has been wrong multiple more times that you've been correct.

So....why come here?

Could it be ....to troll?
I thought that was looked down on around these parts...or is it allowed in this thread?

I guarantee everyone that immediately following the election....we won't be able to find you with a search warrant around here .

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t deny anything. I was called a liar over a week ago and more importantly, the MSM were called liars. I thought it was important to point out that it wasn’t so and then discuss why certain conservatives delude themselves about the MSM. I find that a very important topic. 
Because the MSM lies?

This isn't CBS news showing pictures of corona virus in Italy and claiming it's NYC.

Regarding the Tulsa trip, not too many people are wearing masks in this part of the country. Oklahoma is one of 8 states who never had official stay at home orders. Also, I believe there's still quite a few counties that don't have a confirmed case (last time I looked).

People could possibly change their minds knowing there'll be a large crowd. That certainly could play into their decision. I used to take notice of how many people were wearing masks, but I haven't been paying that much attention lately. It's a fairly small percentage for sure.
Haley Hughey @haleyhughey 8h

Oklahoma sees its largest single day increase of COVID-19 cases with 222 today. 71 of those are in Tulsa County.

https://twitter.com/haleyhughey/status/1271477228279418881

Haley Hughey @haleyhughey 8h

Oklahoma sees its largest single day increase of COVID-19 cases with 222 today. 71 of those are in Tulsa County.

https://twitter.com/haleyhughey/status/1271477228279418881
Yeah, testing is easy to get now. My doctor turned their office into a testing center.

Just from talking to people & stuff, we're more than holding our own. This virus has really low mortality.

When you do see a person wearing a mask, I'd say 8 out of 10 times it's an older person (which is good).

Nobody is wearing one at the gym since May 1 that I've seen (since we reopened them). And that's young & old alike, but there could've been people wearing masks when I wasn't there.

Just reporting what I'm seeing.

Wait I just went to a restaurant and no one was wearing masks, that must have been the Trump campaign too right? 

Cant believe you eat up that garbage. 
Two weeks ago drove an hour away from the city to get to a restaurant. Not one single person in the whole town wearing a mask. Except the waitresses, around thier chins, because they have to.  Masks  :lmao: such a joke. 

You’re absolutely welcome to laugh at me and rub it in if I’m wrong. If Trump wins I will come in here, eat my crow and congratulate you. You can watch my head explode in real time. I won’t hide, I won’t run away. I never do that. 
But if it goes as I expect, I won’t laugh at you. I won’t rub it in or tell you I told you so. I’ll simply do the same thing I will do now- try to empathize with the issues that concern you and those like you, offer my hand in friendship and good wishes and hope we can find ways to agree in the future. 
Hey @Opie with regard to your guarantee. I will be here I promise, whatever happens in the election. Hope you will too. 

Two weeks ago drove an hour away from the city to get to a restaurant. Not one single person in the whole town wearing a mask. Except the waitresses, around thier chins, because they have to.  Masks  :lmao: such a joke. 
But if no one is wearing them in Tulsa it must mean some joke of a report by MSNBC is true! :lmao:

You could see a higher percentage of masks for sure with the large crowds.

I don't know what the demographics are at his rallies, but extremely few younger people are wearing them around here. It's rare.

Going to a restaurant in BFE is one thing. Going to go to a filled stadium with people coming from all over, sitting right on top of each other is another. You don’t think wearing a mask in that setting is a good idea?

I drove to a place with few coronavirus cases, and no one was wearing a mask. Therefore, it is a joke to wear a mask in a place with lots of coronavirus cases. This is sound logic.

Going to a restaurant in BFE is one thing. Going to go to a filled stadium with people coming from all over, sitting right on top of each other is another. You don’t think wearing a mask in that setting is a good idea?
I'd take one with me if on a plane just in case I got stuck next to someone's slobbering brat.  Standing room only venue maybe, reserved seating, no. 

It’s nuts, I’m starting to worry Don is over it and doesn’t care is he wins. Not sure I blame him with what he has to put up with.  
What has happened to Donald shouldn’t happen to any potus and I doubt any others could hold up like Donald has. He’s been a stellar commander and chief through it all

It’s nuts, I’m starting to worry Don is over it and doesn’t care is he wins. Not sure I blame him with what he has to put up with.  
I truly beleive the only reason he ran 4 years ago was to screw with Jeb.  But a funny thing happened and everything took on a life of his own.  I swear it seems like half the time he's doing everything he can to lose.  But he's not PC and he's not seen as part of the "Machine".  The same reason he won 4 years ago is why he still has a real chance now.

What has happened to Donald shouldn’t happen to any potus and I doubt any others could hold up like Donald has. He’s been a stellar commander and chief through it all
It would kill Biden and we know politics is a copy cat league. VP pick is the most import VP pick of all time, just in case a miracle happens.  

I don't know about other places, but around here, there's not too many clerks/waitresses/bank tellers/etc. wearing them.

Quite a few places put up glass barriers initially, but I've noticed the vast majority of those are down now except for the PO & bank.

Was this predictable?

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article243485396.html

A Whirlpool plant in Tulsa, Oklahoma has temporarily closed due to a coronavirus outbreak one week before Trump holds a rally in the city.

And Tulsa County now has its highest seven-day average of coronavirus cases since the outbreak began in March.
I believe there's been some closings similar to this. Whirlpool is a big plant. I know a lot of production places require masks & are testing. 

I think that's about the only real option (try to keep producing). Otherwise, you're shut down & nobody is making any money (including employees). 

I can't speak for the leaders of this area, but you have two options. One is to stay shutdown & continue the misery. The other is to try to keep going.

Our strategy has been to keep plugging. The thing I hear most from business owners & such is the mortality rate, which is quite low. Younger workers beat this virus rather easily the overwhelmingly vast majority of the time.

The key is protecting the more vulnerable folks.

There’s no way someone doesn’t come out of this thing without getting the Corona. 
OH NO!!!

Some may even catch the flu!!

At least those protests were safe.....and excused...endorsed....and promoted!! .  :unsure:

......or wanting to reelect President Trump!!
Which is worse to you?

Some may even catch the flu!!

At least those protests were safe.....and excused.  :unsure:

Getting the Corona to attend a pep rally or another 4 years of Trump is seriously a tough decision.

Big plants would no doubt be better off not shutting down if they can help it. Production is mostly youngish people, but since they have to be isolated & miss work for a certain period, efficiency drops & it probably makes sense to temporarily close depending on how many cases they have.

Getting the Corona to attend a pep rally or another 4 years of Trump is a seriously a tough decision.
Electing a Democrat will have a longer and more dangerous impact on the United States.

comparing the infection / death rate....against the ramifications of a Biden presidency....I'll take my chances.

Of course...I'm not nearly dumb enough to think that me, going to a Trump rally, is going to elect him....that's a foregone conclusion.
I don't really need to go and be left standing outside because the venue is at capacity....as they usually are!

I am anxious to see Biden pack 'em in!

Electing a Democrat will have a longer and more dangerous impact on the United States.

comparing the infection / death rate....against the ramifications of a Biden presidency....I'll take my chances.

Of course...I'm not nearly dumb enough to think that me, going to a Trump rally, is going to elect him....that's a foregone conclusion.
You got your tickets?

Big plants would no doubt be better off not shutting down if they can help it. Production is mostly youngish people, but since they have to be isolated & miss work for a certain period, efficiency drops & it probably makes sense to temporarily close depending on how many cases they have.
They don’t need to shut down if they can institute a few common sense distancing measures. 

Users who are viewing this thread