Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

How I am fearmongering? 

If you were in the area would you attend this rally without the slightest concern? 

Because he doesn't agree with you, so you must be fearmongering, or fake news, or not an expert on the subject, or a know it all, or triggered. Next he will give your post a laughing reaction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, msudaisy26 said:

Because he doesn't agree with you, so you must be fearmongering, or fake news, or not an expert on the subject, or a know it all, or triggered. Next he will give your post a laughing reaction. 

And this is the depressing thing. In the past, conservatives rarely disagreed with liberals about facts; the disagreement was over how those facts should be interpreted and what to do about them. But during first the Tea Party era and now in the years of Trump, if a conservative encounters a piece of news they don’t like, they disagree with the news itself: it’s fake. It must be fearmongering or the MSM is lying. It never happened. The best example ever is still when Trump made fun of the crippled reporter, in which we are told by Trump supporters not to believe that which is right in front of us. The “no tear gas” is another example. And on and on and on. They are willing to reject reality and it’s damn scary. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

How I am fearmongering? 

If you were in the area would you attend this rally without the slightest concern? 

You are posting MSNBC garbage in here like it’s news and all of the sudden you are concerned about crowds after weeks of protesting, rioting, and looking with no social distancing and many with no masks. 

We know your next post is MSNBC showed you footage of a rioter with a mask so they were safe, we know we know. 

Take it somewhere else please. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

For someone who admittedly knows nothing of tear gas, you sure seem to talk as if you know a lot about tear gas.

“It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN” — shorthands for types of tear gas which use chemical compounds. The Park Police’s use of pepper balls was classified as OC: that organic version which results in a similar reaction.

CS or CN is "Tear Gas".

Pepper balls (as it says) are classified as OC....a far FAR distance from CS or CN.

In order to help you in your quest for knowledge....
(it should begin sometime)

OC – this is probably one of the most common and popular forms of pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. The active ingredient is capsaicin which is derived from peppers. The remaining ingredients are mainly fillers. Capsaicin is not soluble in water. Victims are encouraged to blink excessively to produce tears that will flush your eyes and to not touch other body parts as to not spread the substance. There are wipes available to help remove the pepper spray.

CS – or tear gas is an agent that can be used alone or is also combined with OC spray for added affects. Even though there are about 15 types of tear gas, CS is most popular because has shown to be more effective including mild tearing to immediate vomiting to causing the victim to get in a submissively prone position. It is often used for riot control or to force people out of an area. CS can be found in aerosol canisters or can be deployed by grenades.

CN – is another form of tear gas available to and primarily used by military and police agencies. CN has fallen by the wayside as pepper spray works faster. CN has similar affects to CS gas and also include temporary loss of balance and even permanent skin damage. Affects of CN gas last longer than that of CS.

YOU have been suckered again...and no matter how many times you call it "tear gas"...it won't be true.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

You are posting MSNBC garbage in here like it’s news and all of the sudden you are concerned about crowds after weeks of protesting, rioting, and looking with no social distancing and many with no masks. 

We know your next post is MSNBC showed you footage of a rioter with a mask so they were safe, we know we know. 

Take it somewhere else please. 

1. My concern about the pandemic is not all of a sudden. I was concerned all during the protests and posted it here. Please don’t confuse me with somebody else. But your statement “and many with no masks” is not accurate. The vast majority of protestors wore masks. But there were too many of them and they were too close together. At least they were outside. The worst moment of course is when tear gas was used against them. If anything is sure to spread COVID that would have been it. 

2. I don’t think I ever saw footage of a rioter with a mask. Rioters are stupid or emotional people who are unlikely to follow any kind of public health rule. 

3. In the past when you’ve asked me to leave this thread I’ve done so at least for a time. But I’ve changed my mind about that. I’m not trolling, not trying to rub anything in. This is the main thread devoted to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign, and that is a subject I wish to discuss. I’m sorry you find some of the news I have brought up as unpleasant. 

• Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, Opie said:

For someone who admittedly know nothing of tear gas, you sure seem to talk like you know a lot about tear gas.

“It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN” — shorthands for types of tear gas which use chemical compounds. The Park Police’s use of pepper balls was classified as OC: that organic version which results in a similar reaction.

CS or CN is "Tear Gas".

Pepperball (as it says) are classified as OC....a far FAR distance from CS or CN.

In order to help you in your quest for knowledge....

OC – this is probably one of the most common and popular forms of pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. The active ingredient is capsaicin which is derived from peppers. The remaining ingredients are mainly fillers. Capsaicin is not soluble in water. Victims are encouraged to blink excessively to produce tears that will flush your eyes and to not touch other body parts as to not spread the substance. There are wipes available to help remove the pepper spray.

CS – or tear gas is an agent that can be used alone or is also combined with OC spray for added affects. Even though there are about 15 types of tear gas, CS is most popular because has shown to be more effective including mild tearing to immediate vomiting to causing the victim to get in a submissively prone position. It is often used for riot control or to force people out of an area. CS can be found in aerosol canisters or can be deployed by grenades.

CN – is another form of tear gas available to and primarily used by military and police agencies. CN has fallen by the wayside as pepper spray works faster. CN has similar affects to CS gas and also include temporary loss of balance and even permanent skin damage. Affects of CN gas last longer than that of CS.

Seriously this is not a good look for you. You’re choosing to double down on the absurd. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Seriously this is not a good look for you. You’re choosing to double down on the absurd. 

It's right in front of you ....deny it all you want.
YOU are the one doubling down on the absurd and the words in the article you posted, proves it.

They actually try to prove it was CS or CN by holding up a canister labeled OC.

I've posted the difference and you STILL can't accept it. 

Someone here sure looks like a blind fool here....and it ain't me.

Edited by Opie

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

1. My concern about the pandemic is not all of a sudden. I was concerned all during the protests and posted it here. Please don’t confuse me with somebody else. But your statement “and many with no masks” is not accurate. The vast majority of protestors wore masks. But there were too many of them and they were too close together. At least they were outside. The worst moment of course is when tear gas was used against them. If anything is sure to spread COVID that would have been it. 

2. I don’t think I ever saw footage of a rioter with a mask. Rioters are stupid or emotional people who are unlikely to follow any kind of public health rule. 

3. In the past when you’ve asked me to leave this thread I’ve done so at least for a time. But I’ve changed my mind about that. I’m not trolling, not trying to rub anything in. This is the main thread devoted to Donald Trump’s re-election campaign, and that is a subject I wish to discuss. I’m sorry you find some of the news I have brought up as unpleasant. 

So predictable.:lmao: 

Also everyone in here understands MSNBC doesn’t report news, you will need to try that in another thread if you want anyone to fall for it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Opie said:

It's right in front of you ....deny it all you want.
YOU are the one doubling down on the absurd and the words in the article you posted, proves it.

They actually try to prove it was CS or CN by holding up a canister labeled OC.

I've posted the difference and you STILL can't accept it. 

Someone here sure looks like a fool....and it ain't me.

You’re Bill Clinton splitting hairs over the definition of the word “is”. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. But today Trump bragged about using tear gas. I heard him. He could have avoided it, made the same silly distinction you’re making now. He didn’t. He likes that tear gas was used. 

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

So predictable.:lmao: 

Also everyone in here understands MSNBC doesn’t report news, you will need to try that in another thread if you want anyone to fall for it. 

Well we will see a week from today right? If that crowd in Tulsa are wearing masks then we’ll know that the news got it wrong. If they’re not then the reporting will have been accurate, as it almost always is despite your claims to the contrary. 

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You’re Bill Clinton splitting hairs over the definition of the word “is”. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. But today Trump bragged about using tear gas. I heard him. He could have avoided it, made the same silly distinction you’re making now. He didn’t. He likes that tear gas was used. 

Its not splitting hairs...

Why not hold up a canister of OC and call it "Mustard Gas"??
Hold up the pepper spray in your wife's purse and call it a "nerve agent"!

If they were the "same thing"...they'd be labeled the same way.

The three items I listed do not use the same ingredients therefore, are not the same thing.

Damn...you see something you think you can use and you're like a dog with a bone...
You've admitted that you know NOTHING of this...yet you keep talking..

...amazing.

Edited by Opie

2 hours ago, The General said:

The wearing a face mask continues to be one of the weirder things people get wound up on. I don't get it.

Can anyone explain this?

Because the face is where humans express their feelings. A mask slightly ddehumanizes people and the interactions between us. I hope wearing one does not become the new normal. Why people refuse to wear them where required, no clue, I think it’s insensitive to others. I have no problems wearing one. Wearing one outside?  No. Stupid and unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No kidding.  Every time you stated you were leaving the thread you're back within 8 hours.  You can't stay away because you can't get attention anywhere else.  Call it what you want but you've posted about tear gas in here about 569 times.  Tear.   Gas.   Who cares?   You do because you're seeking an "I told you so" moment but nah you're not trolling you want a serious discussion

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Well we will see a week from today right? If that crowd in Tulsa are wearing masks then we’ll know that the news got it wrong. If they’re not then the reporting will have been accurate, as it almost always is despite your claims to the contrary. 

Wait I just went to a restaurant and no one was wearing masks, that must have been the Trump campaign too right? 

Cant believe you eat up that garbage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

No kidding.  Every time you stated you were leaving the thread you're back within 8 hours.  You can't stay away because you can't get attention anywhere else.  Call it what you want but you've posted about tear gas in here about 569 times.  Tear.   Gas.   Who cares?   You do because you're seeking an "I told you so" moment but nah you're not trolling you want a serious discussion

Well...in his defense...there is absolutely nothing positive to post about his candidate....what else can he do?

He just has to be heard to make his opinion (right or wrong), known .......I think the term is "narcissist"..or ...maybe he suffers from "logorrhea"
Now....that's a medical condition and if he has it....we should be made known of it.

In layman's terms....it's "diarrhea of the mouth".

Edited by Opie

11 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Really sad. I’m posting about issues. I didn’t bring up tear gas in this thread; that was @knowledge dropper who linked an opinion piece from the Federalist and then asserted it was proof of the MSM lying. A number of other Trump supporters chimed in. I was responding to them. I also made no personal attacks whatsoever, which is all you ever seem to do when you post in this thread just as you’re doing now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Really sad. I’m posting about issues. I didn’t bring up tear gas in this thread; that was @knowledge dropper who linked an opinion piece from the Federalist and then asserted it was proof of the MSM lying. A number of other Trump supporters chimed in. I was responding to them. I also made no personal attacks whatsoever, which is all you ever seem to do when you post in this thread just as you’re doing now. 

Is there a doctor in the house who can provide a diagnosis?

9 minutes ago, Opie said:

Well...in his defense...there is absolutely nothing positive to post about his candidate....what else can he do?

He just has to be heard to make his opinion (right or wrong), known .......I think the term is "narcissist"..or ...maybe he suffers from "logorrhea"
Now....that's a medical condition and if he has it....we should be made known of it.

In layman's terms....it's "diarrhea of the mouth".

At least in your previous post you were willing to address the issues- in an insulting, patronizing way but at least you attempted to defend your previous absurd position. It wasn’t any better this time around but I give you credit for trying. This post however is simply a personal attack of the sort that @Ramblin Wreck usually is guilty of. Not very becoming. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I made a personal attack?   Okie dokie pokie

Are you denying that you came into this thread this morning firing off a gotcha moment and even demanding posters to admit they were wrong?    You can twist the facts all you want but we all know.  And we wouldn't discuss your dramatic leaving and coming back if you didn't announce it and do it so often.  You act like we are just making that up.  This isn't CBS news showing pictures of corona virus in Italy and claiming it's NYC.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Wait I just went to a restaurant and no one was wearing masks, that must have been the Trump campaign too right? 

People can’t really wear masks in restaurants. They’re also, hopefully, not crowded all together. They’re also not asked by the Trump campaign to sign a waiver before they enter. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

At least in your previous post you were willing to address the issues- in an insulting, patronizing way but at least you attempted to defend your previous absurd position. It wasn’t any better this time around but I give you credit for trying. This post however is simply a personal attack of the sort that @Ramblin Wreck usually is guilty of. Not very becoming. 

...and you hang out in the only pro-Trump thread in the PSF because......you are pro-Trump.?

Edited by Opie
  • Like 2

Just now, timschochet said:

People can’t really wear masks in restaurants. They’re also, hopefully, not crowded all together. They’re also not asked by the Trump campaign to sign a waiver before they enter. 

I went to the gym and had to sign a waiver, was the Trump campaign behind that one too? Can’t believe all these waivers and people not wearing masks is because the Trump campaign asked them not to. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

I made a personal attack?   Okie dokie pokie

Are you denying that you came into this thread this morning firing off a gotcha moment and even demanding posters to admit they were wrong?    You can twist the facts all you want but we all know.  And we wouldn't discuss your dramatic leaving and coming back if you didn't announce it and do it so often.  You act like we are just making that up.  This isn't CBS news showing pictures of corona virus in Italy and claiming it's NYC.

I don’t deny anything. I was called a liar over a week ago and more importantly, the MSM were called liars. I thought it was important to point out that it wasn’t so and then discuss why certain conservatives delude themselves about the MSM. I find that a very important topic. 

Just now, GoBirds said:

I went to the gym and had to sign a waiver, was the Trump campaign behind that one too? Can’t believe all these waivers and people not wearing masks is because the Trump campaign asked them not to. 

The difference is, hopefully, you weren’t packed in at the gym or encouraged not to wear a mask. 

Regarding the Tulsa trip, not too many people are wearing masks in this part of the country. Oklahoma is one of 8 states who never had official stay at home orders. Also, I believe there's still quite a few counties that don't have a confirmed case (last time I looked).

People could possibly change their minds knowing there'll be a large crowd. That certainly could play into their decision. I used to take notice of how many people were wearing masks, but I haven't been paying that much attention lately. It's a fairly small percentage for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, timschochet said:

The difference is, hopefully, you weren’t packed in at the gym or encouraged not to wear a mask. 

You won’t be able to prove anyone not wearing a mask was encouraged not too, no matter how much liberal extremist “news” you watch. Some people make their own decisions. Sorry. 

• Like 1

Gotta leave for a while guys- family awaits. In truth, since the current topic seems to be me and not Trump’s re-election, which is really not to my taste, I don’t mind leaving for a while. Hopefully by the time I return the conversation will be back on track. Everyone have a very good evening! 

1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

Regarding the Tulsa trip, not too many people are wearing masks in this part of the country. Oklahoma is one of 8 states who never had official stay at home orders. Also, I believe there's still quite a few counties that don't have a confirmed case (last time I looked).

People could possibly change their minds knowing there'll be a large crowd. That certainly could play into their decision. I used to take notice of how many people were wearing masks, but I haven't been paying that much attention lately. It's a fairly small percentage for sure.

Thanks you for sharing what reality is there, not lame MSNBC talking points. 

13 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I told you why I post here. Why do you post in threads that are predominantly critical of Trump? 

To defend him.

Are you actually saying that you come to the only pro-Trump thread in the PSF in order to attack him?

There are PLENTY of other threads for that....why is this the place you feel you need go?

You aren't going to convince anyone here of your ideology.
We've made it very clear that we see you as a boorish, know-it-all who has been wrong multiple more times that you've been correct.

So....why come here?

Could it be ....to troll?
I thought that was looked down on around these parts...or is it allowed in this thread?

I guarantee everyone that immediately following the election....we won't be able to find you with a search warrant around here .

Edited by Opie

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t deny anything. I was called a liar over a week ago and more importantly, the MSM were called liars. I thought it was important to point out that it wasn’t so and then discuss why certain conservatives delude themselves about the MSM. I find that a very important topic. 

Because the MSM lies?

This isn't CBS news showing pictures of corona virus in Italy and claiming it's NYC.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Haley Hughey @haleyhughey 8h

Oklahoma sees its largest single day increase of COVID-19 cases with 222 today. 71 of those are in Tulsa County.

https://twitter.com/haleyhughey/status/1271477228279418881

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Haley Hughey @haleyhughey 8h

Oklahoma sees its largest single day increase of COVID-19 cases with 222 today. 71 of those are in Tulsa County.

https://twitter.com/haleyhughey/status/1271477228279418881

Yeah, testing is easy to get now. My doctor turned their office into a testing center.

Just from talking to people & stuff, we're more than holding our own. This virus has really low mortality.

When you do see a person wearing a mask, I'd say 8 out of 10 times it's an older person (which is good).

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Two weeks ago drove an hour away from the city to get to a restaurant. Not one single person in the whole town wearing a mask. Except the waitresses, around thier chins, because they have to.  Masks :lmao: such a joke. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 4:40 PM, timschochet said:

You’re absolutely welcome to laugh at me and rub it in if I’m wrong. If Trump wins I will come in here, eat my crow and congratulate you. You can watch my head explode in real time. I won’t hide, I won’t run away. I never do that. 
But if it goes as I expect, I won’t laugh at you. I won’t rub it in or tell you I told you so. I’ll simply do the same thing I will do now- try to empathize with the issues that concern you and those like you, offer my hand in friendship and good wishes and hope we can find ways to agree in the future. 

Hey @Opie with regard to your guarantee. I will be here I promise, whatever happens in the election. Hope you will too. 

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Two weeks ago drove an hour away from the city to get to a restaurant. Not one single person in the whole town wearing a mask. Except the waitresses, around thier chins, because they have to.  Masks :lmao: such a joke. 

But if no one is wearing them in Tulsa it must mean some joke of a report by MSNBC is true!:lmao:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Going to a restaurant in BFE is one thing. Going to go to a filled stadium with people coming from all over, sitting right on top of each other is another. You don’t think wearing a mask in that setting is a good idea?

9 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I drove to a place with few coronavirus cases, and no one was wearing a mask. Therefore, it is a joke to wear a mask in a place with lots of coronavirus cases. This is sound logic.

2 minutes ago, Roy L Fewks said:

I drove to a place with few coronavirus cases, and no one was wearing a mask. Therefore, it is a joke to wear a mask in a place with lots of coronavirus cases. This is sound logic.

:lmao:. That's not how I determined it was a joke.  

10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

NBC Nightly spent the whole first half on stuff Trump said or tweeted. :lmao:

It’s nuts, I’m starting to worry Don is over it and doesn’t care is he wins. Not sure I blame him with what he has to put up with.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The General said:

Going to a restaurant in BFE is one thing. Going to go to a filled stadium with people coming from all over, sitting right on top of each other is another. You don’t think wearing a mask in that setting is a good idea?

I'd take one with me if on a plane just in case I got stuck next to someone's slobbering brat.  Standing room only venue maybe, reserved seating, no. 

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place