Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

That’s true. A recent study suggests masks reduce the odds by about 90%. That sounds pretty good to me. 

I think masks are ok in production. Many places are doing that.

Wearing masks is an individual choice. Status of health, age, tolerance for wearing mask, & many other factors.

If you believe you need to wear a mask, wear one. If they're effective, then it'll prevent you from getting it.

It's not rocket science.

 

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Stop. Some idiot is going to report this stuff (it won’t be me) and you’ll be suspended. Getting in a rib or two at me isn’t worth it. 

I am simply inviting you to share your words of wisdom in a place where they might be appreciated.
Or is this the only thread where intelligence can be found and that impresses you.

Don't be selfish

You wouldn't want to be suspended for trolling...would you?

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

It’s nuts, I’m starting to worry Don is over it and doesn’t care is he wins. Not sure I blame him with what he has to put up with.  

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised.  Not talking ####, but I don’t think he ever really wanted it, it just sort of happened.  Howard Stern has a pretty legit theory that it was all an attempt at publicly (like his first runs was to sell his book) and to gain some leverage on NBC as they were squeezing him on The Apprentice. The dude had a very legit life before with minimal stress, tons of money and ultimate freedom.  Being POTUS is an unbelievably stressful and difficult job which also pretty much guarantees that 50% of the country’s going to dislike you.  Pretty much opposite of the life he had prior, that’s gotta look pretty attractive right now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised.  Not talking ####, but I don’t think he ever really wanted it, it just sort of happened.  Howard Stern has a pretty legit theory that it was all an attempt at publicly (like his first runs was to sell his book) and to gain some leverage on NBC as they were squeezing him on The Apprentice. The dude had a very legit life before with minimal stress, tons of money and ultimate freedom.  Being POTUS is an unbelievably stressful and difficult job which also pretty much guarantees that 50% of the country’s going to dislike you.  Pretty much opposite of the life he had prior, that’s gotta look pretty attractive right now.  

I think that he found himself more and more surprised as the campaign went on.
Surprised that people of America thought like he did.

As I've always said...I don't support the President because I agree with him....I support the President because he agrees with me.

You'll also agree that if he loses...he loses on his terms....not pandering.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Opie said:

Whatever makes your putter flutter.....

go to a Biden rally.....LOTS of room to stretch your legs there....and if he covers his past achievements...you'll be home for dinner!

Is there any doubt Biden will have more votes than Trump in November? He’ll win than number by a larger margin than Clinton.

Just needs about 120k more spread across a few states. Piece of cake honestly.

So easy he can win by chilling in his basement all summer. Kick back, Joe. Maybe stream some HBO. Roll into the WH fresh as a daisy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t care about ANY joke made at my expense around here- it’s a ####### Internet forum and I don’t know any of you. So why should I care? If it’s funny I will laugh at it. I enjoy laughing at myself especially when I’ve been caught being overly pompous. 
BUT- there are people here that read all this stuff just waiting to use that report button. Some are on the conservative side, some on the liberal side. Not naming names but I think most of us know who they are. They get off on reporting insults and seeing people getting suspended. Personally I think it sucks. I think people who use the report button in order to get people they dislike suspended ought to be themselves suspended.  But that’s not the way it works. So if you’re going to take a dig at me or anyone be careful. Don’t cross the line because somebody is anxious to turn you in, I guarantee it. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The General said:

Is there any doubt Biden will have more votes than Trump in November? He’ll win than number by a larger margin than Clinton.

Just needs about 120k more spread across a few states. Piece of cake honestly.

So easy he can win by chilling in his basement all summer. Kick back, Joe. Maybe stream some HBO. Roll into the WH fresh as a daisy. 

You are under the assumption that President Trump has not picked up any voters over the past 4 years.

My prediction stands....He will take 35-40 states.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Opie said:

I think that he found himself more and more surprised as the campaign went on.
Surprised that people of America thought like he did.

As I've always said...I don't support the President because I agree with him....I support the President because he agrees with me.

You'll also agree that if he loses...he loses on his terms....not pandering.

Really not sure what your last sentence is getting at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t care about ANY joke made at my expense around here- it’s a ####### Internet forum and I don’t know any of you. So why should I care? If it’s funny I will laugh at it. I enjoy laughing at myself especially when I’ve been caught being overly pompous. 
BUT- there are people here that read all this stuff just waiting to use that report button. Some are on the conservative side, some on the liberal side. Not naming names but I think most of us know who they are. They get off on reporting insults and seeing people getting suspended. Personally I think it sucks. I think people who use the report button in order to get people they dislike suspended ought to be themselves suspended.  But that’s not the way it works. So if you’re going to take a dig at me or anyone be careful. Don’t cross the line because somebody is anxious to turn you in, I guarantee it. 

My link

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Opie said:

You are under the assumption that President Trump has not picked up any voters over the past 4 years.

My prediction stands....He will take 35-40 states.

I agree with you that he will increase the number of those who vote for him. 
 

But far less states though. He’s going to lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona. Maybe Florida and Ohio. He won’t pick up a single state he lost last time. Even Iowa, Georgia and Texas are in play. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Opie said:

You are under the assumption that President Trump has not picked up any voters over the past 4 years.

My prediction stands....He will take 35-40 states.

You really think he picks up 5-10 more states?  Wow.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Really not sure what your last sentence is getting at. 

The stands that he makes....like changing the names on our US forts.

Do you think that he will give in and change them because of pressure from anyone?

I don't think so...and if he's wrong about things like that, he may lose. (I doubt it)

What I'm saying is that he will not change his mind on something he truly believes in, simply to pander for votes.
He believes so strongly in his convictions...he won't give in.

Can you say that about many other politicians?
They're all like wind socks.

Take a look at that list of accomplishments I posted earlier.
How many of those items on that list met with resistance but still got done?

 

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I agree with you that he will increase the number of those who vote for him. 
 

But far less states though. He’s going to lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona. Maybe Florida and Ohio. He won’t pick up a single state he lost last time. Even Iowa, Georgia and Texas are in play. 

Oh my god....do you EVER leave Orange Co. California?

The talk here in NM is that the Dems are hanging on by a thread....and we've been under Dem control for eighty years!!!
Twenty-Five of Thirty-Three counties in this state have gone as far as to declare themselves "2nd Amendment Sanctuary Counties".
Over the past three election cycles, Democrats have won New Mexico by sizable margins. President Obama won by 14% in 2008, by 10% in 2012, and Hilary Clinton by 8% in 2016.

Why do you think he's even considering Lujan-Grisham as a VP....the governor of a state with only 5 electoral votes and has voted blue since Reagan???
Could it be the Latino vote?? (he won't pick her)

Do you watch anything other than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and CBS?

You are soooo wrong about this....just as you were in 2016.

But...I guess you have to come to THIS thread to hear it.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Opie said:

You are under the assumption that President Trump has not picked up any voters over the past 4 years.

My prediction stands....He will take 35-40 states.

Yes I think he has lost voters. I got Biden winning 20-25 states.

We will see. Lots of things to go down between now and November.

Biden’s to lose right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Opie said:

The stands that he makes....like changing the names on our US forts.

Do you think that he will give in and change them because of pressure from anyone?

I don't think so...and if he's wrong about things like that, he may lose. (I doubt it)

What I'm saying is that he will not change his mind on something he truly believes in, simply to pander for votes.
He believes so strongly in his convictions...he won't give in.

Can you say that about many other politicians?
They're all like wind socks.

Take a look at that list of accomplishments I posted earlier.
How many of those items on that list met with resistance but still got done?

 

Really don’t wanna go down that rabbit hole and argue with you as I know I will make a 0% dent in your Trump love. But the guy has waffled his entire life he’s been a Democrat and Republican as much as it suits him and his ever changing mind, he’s changed his position time and time again.  Conviction and Trump have never been, nor will be, synonymous.  It that since he’s the classic politician.  But again that’s cool you believe it and I know I’m not gonna change your mind so I don’t intend to go around and around on this. Have a good night GB.  👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Defund the report button.

I can tell you that I'll never, & I mean NEVER, report anybody for ANY reason.

I do understand why FBG feels the need to moderate (many people want it), but hopefully, reporting is rare (not sure if it is or not).

Hate the report button and like you will never use it.  But some moderation is needed in my opinion.  We don’t need a 4chan around here.  Things can get pretty dark and unpleasant real quick on the web.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Really don’t wanna go down that rabbit hole and argue with you as I know I will make a 0% dent in your Trump love. But the guy has waffled his entire life he’s been a Democrat and Republican as much as it suits him and his ever changing mind, he’s changed his position time and time again.  Conviction and Trump have never been, nor will be, synonymous.  It that since he’s the classic politician.  But again that’s cool you believe it and I know I’m not gonna change your mind so I don’t intend to go around and around on this. Have a good night GB.  👍

I don't blame you for that....BUT...anyone can change their views on anything.

I am specifically talking about, since having the responsibility of the presidency and having to take a stance on a controversial topic, how many times have you seen President Trump give into pressure and change his stance?  I've seen him ease off...but has he ever gone in the other direction?

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Hate the report button and like you will never use it.  But some moderation is needed in my opinion.  We don’t need a 4chan around here.  Things can get pretty dark and unpleasant real quick on the web.  

I agree.

While I've never reported anyone myself, I have rec'd, and deserved, a time-out from time to time.

Some were earned....others were not....but I think there is a place for it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Opie said:

I don't blame you for that....BUT...anyone can change their views on anything.

I am specifically talking about, since having the responsibility of the presidency and having to take a stance on a controversial topic, how many times have you seen President Trump give into pressure and change his stance?  I've seen him ease off...but has he ever gone in the other direction?

Sure, and I don’t disagree with that.  And the ability to stand your ground in the face of opposition is needed in a leader.  But so is knowing when to listen to others and admit you could be wrong.  I believe his ego allows for very little if any of the second.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok guys.  I have 10 more beers to drink, walk the dog, maybe a couple movies. Maybe some nekkid time. I will probably check in tomorrow, oh wait it's the weekend.  Maybe not until Sunday night or Monday. I know there will be 57 more pages by then, but, you can get me caught up on the half dozen posts that arent liberals freaking out and are actually about the OP.  Bye. 

Oh hey did you know there are board cops running around reporting people?  Just keep your heads down ok. Nite! 

Edited by tonydead
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Sure, and I don’t disagree with that.  And the ability to stand your ground in the face of opposition is needed in a leader.  But so is knowing when to listen to others and admit you could be wrong.  I believe his ego allows for very little if any of the second.  

I think that he listens to others when he eases off his original stance.

Even if he is told that he is totally wrong ...if he still believes it, he will ease off....not do an about face to appease the opposition..

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, beef said:

Gotta admit, there is one thing I really do like about Trump.  He gives a giant middle finger to the entire political system.  R's, Ds, all of them.  I'm kind of jealous.

And honestly...that is exactly what caused me to even listen to him in the beginning.

I thought that if EVERYBODY in DC hates this guy....he must have the right idea.

The more I heard....the more I liked.

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Opie said:

I think that he listens to others when he eases off his original stance.

Even if he is told that he is totally wrong ...if he still believes it, he will ease off....not do an about face to appease the opposition..

Agree to disagree. 
🍻

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Perhaps I missed it, but have any Trump supporters in this or any thread voiced health concerns about holding this rally in Tulsa?

I've said it in multiple threads.  Terrible look to be holding rallies right now as numbers rise. 

Rallies gonna spread it.  But please be consistent.  If you think rallies are bad because they're going to spread COVID, then you surely think protests are also bad because they're going to spread it.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jm192 said:

I've said it in multiple threads.  Terrible look to be holding rallies right now as numbers rise. 

Rallies gonna spread it.  But please be consistent.  If you think rallies are bad because they're going to spread COVID, then you surely think protests are also bad because they're going to spread it.  

It's been widely reported that the numbers will rise as testing increases....

You either want to get out and on with your lives....or you don't.
It may never go completely away....I heard that it might be seasonal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Opie said:

It's been widely reported that the numbers will rise as testing increases....

You either want to get out and on with your lives....or you don't.
It may never go completely away....I heard that it might be seasonal.

Unlikely to be seasonal.  Arizona hot as hell in June, and they're getting new cases.

Edited by jm192
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Opie said:

Oh my god....do you EVER leave Orange Co. California?

The talk here in NM is that the Dems are hanging on by a thread....and we've been under Dem control for eighty years!!!
Twenty-Five of Thirty-Three counties in this state have gone as far as to declare themselves "2nd Amendment Sanctuary Counties".
Over the past three election cycles, Democrats have won New Mexico by sizable margins. President Obama won by 14% in 2008, by 10% in 2012, and Hilary Clinton by 8% in 2016.

Why do you think he's even considering Lujan-Grisham as a VP....the governor of a state with only 5 electoral votes and has voted blue since Reagan???
Could it be the Latino vote?? (he won't pick her)

Do you watch anything other than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and CBS?

You are soooo wrong about this....just as you were in 2016.

But...I guess you have to come to THIS thread to hear it.

Dude...apparently you don’t know Orange County. Most people here agree with you about Trump. This is not exactly a bastion of liberalism. 
 

As I wrote earlier: if I’m wrong I will come in here and eat crow. And congratulate you. And bemoan the state of the republic. And you can watch my head explode in real time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Dude...apparently you don’t know Orange County. Most people here agree with you about Trump. This is not exactly a bastion of liberalism. 
 

As I wrote earlier: if I’m wrong I will come in here and eat crow. And congratulate you. And bemoan the state of the republic. And you can watch my head explode in real time. 

Haha.

What was your reaction when Trump won in 16?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live in Metro Tulsa & there's no way more than 1 in 10 are wearing masks, likely less. Since the rally is coming, I'll try to pay more attention to the percentage & report back. I'm interested in the actual number versus reported number if that's a thing.

I'm not bragging we aren't wearing masks, just simply wanting to give the real story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I've said it in multiple threads.  Terrible look to be holding rallies right now as numbers rise. 

Rallies gonna spread it.  But please be consistent.  If you think rallies are bad because they're going to spread COVID, then you surely think protests are also bad because they're going to spread it.  

I never spoke out in this forum in favor of the protests for that reason.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Dude...apparently you don’t know Orange County. Most people here agree with you about Trump. This is not exactly a bastion of liberalism. 
 

As I wrote earlier: if I’m wrong I will come in here and eat crow. And congratulate you. And bemoan the state of the republic. And you can watch my head explode in real time. 

Yeah the OC is one of the more (most?) conservative areas south of SF in Cali.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

MSNBC now reporting that President Trump has told his campaign he doesn’t want anyone in the audience in Tulsa to wear masks. He wants to look out and see a packed hall, mask-free. He wants the same for his convention speech in Jacksonville. 
 

Meanwhile Dr. Fauci (remember him?) just gave an interview on ABC in which he stated that attending a political rally is very dangerous and if you absolutely insist on going, wear a mask. 

He’s getting attendees to sign waivers. It’s sick and sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Really don’t wanna go down that rabbit hole and argue with you as I know I will make a 0% dent in your Trump love. But the guy has waffled his entire life he’s been a Democrat and Republican as much as it suits him and his ever changing mind, he’s changed his position time and time again.  Conviction and Trump have never been, nor will be, synonymous.  It that since he’s the classic politician.  But again that’s cool you believe it and I know I’m not gonna change your mind so I don’t intend to go around and around on this. Have a good night GB.  👍

He supported Democrats ( by now everyone has seen the video of him saying how impressed he was with Pelosi) was pro choice and now claims to be pro-life. I really don’t believe he is but he knew that was the key to getting that Christian vote via the Republican Party. Even as President he acted like he was going to support allowing the “dreamers” to stay until Miller told him he shouldn’t. He was going to support some gun control legislation but caved into the NRA and that never happened either. Conviction....LOL.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The General said:

Yes I think he has lost voters. I got Biden winning 20-25 states.

We will see. Lots of things to go down between now and November.

Biden’s to lose right now.

Agree if the election were held today Biden wins by grabbing Michigan, Pennsylvania Florida and Arizona. But it’s a long time till November. Instead of losing the popular vote by 3 million Trump losses by 5 million this time even if he wins the electoral college map. Unless something drastic happens no way he wins 30-35 states.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

He’s getting attendees to sign waivers. It’s sick and sad.

Really....in this "sue happy" culture that has been cultivated....you actually blame him for having someone sign a waiver?

Remember this post when Biden has the few who attend his rallies are required to sign a waiver.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lazyike said:

Agree if the election were held today Biden wins by grabbing Michigan, Pennsylvania Florida and Arizona. But it’s a long time till November. Instead of losing the popular vote by 3 million Trump losses by 5 million this time even if he wins the electoral college map. Unless something drastic happens no way he wins 30-35 states.

No way 2016 is even close!   :excited:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lazyike said:

Agree if the election were held today Biden wins by grabbing Michigan, Pennsylvania Florida and Arizona. But it’s a long time till November. Instead of losing the popular vote by 3 million Trump losses by 5 million this time even if he wins the electoral college map. Unless something drastic happens no way he wins 30-35 states.

Biden isn't going to win Pennsylvania. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Opie said:

Really....in this "sue happy" culture that has been cultivated....you actually blame him for having someone sign a waiver?

Remember this post when Biden has the few who attend his rallies are required to sign a waiver.

Biden is not going to be foolish enough in a pandemic to hold an indoor rally or probably any rally at all.

And a question I have...If Covid19 is pretty much over, to the point it is safe to go out without a mask, why would Trump and his campaign have supporters in Tulsa sign a waiver to NOT sue them should they come down with the virus?  :confused:

Edited by squistion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Opie said:

Really....in this "sue happy" culture that has been cultivated....you actually blame him for having someone sign a waiver?

Remember this post when Biden has the few who attend his rallies are required to sign a waiver.

This is assuming Biden’s handlers ever let him out of the basement. He needs an excuse not to have rallies, you saw the pathetic turnouts he was getting every time he spoke before. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

This is assuming Biden’s handlers ever let him out of the basement. He needs an excuse not to have rallies, you saw the pathetic turnouts he was getting every time he spoke before. 

No responsible politician who has concern about the health and well being of their supporters would ever hold an indoor public rally in the middle of a pandemic involving a communicable virus. And for Trump to do so in Tulsa next week is reckless and irresponsible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...