Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

No responsible politician who has concern about the health and well being of their supporters would ever hold an indoor public rally in the middle of a pandemic involving a communicable virus. And for Trump to do so in Tulsa next week is reckless and irresponsible. 

No responsible person voting for Biden should want him in public anywhere before November whether there’s a health issue or not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Dr squistion??

Dr. Fauci:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1271570215147618306 (video clip at link)

As President Trump gears up for a rally amid the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Anthony Fauci says his suggestions still "hold true": "When you are in a large crowd ... you definitely increase the risk that you will either acquire or spread infections" https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/trump-campaign-rally-coronavirus/index.html

29 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

This is assuming Biden’s handlers ever let him out of the basement. He needs an excuse not to have rallies, you saw the pathetic turnouts he was getting every time he spoke before. 

Honest question, has any president or presidential candidate held rallies with the frequency, or in the fashion, that trump does?  I honestly do not recall, this seems new to me, but admittedly it could be just that I'd never noticed.

Regardless, I don't put a lot of stock in the trump v anyone crowd size debate, just because like almost all of his presidency, I find the passion of his supporters to be unique in presidential history.  I don't recall in my lifetime ever seeing a president who's supporters put so much effort into making sure everyone knows they support said president.  The signs, the clothes, the hats... this all just seems new and different. 

I, as well as most of the people I know who will vote for Biden, would not attend a political rally for any politician.  Just doesn't appeal to me.  I suspect this is broadly true, so I would be hesitant to use trumps rally crowd sizes as an indicator of level of support.  I think it's pretty widely accepted that he is supported by less than half the country, but a good portion of his supporters are fervent supporters, so what support he does have is hard to miss.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

No responsible person voting for Biden should want him in public anywhere before November whether there’s a health issue or not. 

LOL & very true.  IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mene said:

Honest question, has any president or presidential candidate held rallies with the frequency, or in the fashion, that trump does?  I honestly do not recall, this seems new to me, but admittedly it could be just that I'd never noticed.

George Wallace did, who coincidentally or not was also regarded as a populist demagogue by his critics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace_1968_presidential_campaign

The Wallace campaign was comfortably ahead in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Wallace's aides insisted that the campaign focus on winning the Carolinas, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. Wallace refused, stating that he was running a "national campaign," and traveled from Boston to San Diego in the campaign. There were rallies in 33 cities in the North during this period, but Wallace stopped only one time each in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia.

On October 24, 1968, Wallace spoke at Madison Square Garden before "the largest political rally held in New York City since Franklin Roosevelt had denounced the forces of 'organized money' from the same stage in 1936". An overflow crowd of 20,000 packed the Garden while pro- and anti-Wallace protesters clashed with more than 1,000 police across the street. In a now-famous reference to a protester that had lain down in front of Lyndon B. Johnson's limousine the year before, Wallace stated, "I tell you when November comes, the first time they lie down in front of my limousine it'll be the last one they ever lay down in front of; their day is over![11]

• Thanks 1

Going to need a translation. Trump’s interview the yesterday with Fox News.

What does this mean:

“So, I think I’ve done more for the Black community than any other president. And, let’s take a pass on Abraham Lincoln because he did good, although, it’s always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.”

47 minutes ago, The General said:

Going to need a translation. Trump’s interview the yesterday with Fox News.

What does this mean:

“So, I think I’ve done more for the Black community than any other president. And, let’s take a pass on Abraham Lincoln because he did good, although, it’s always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.”

He has done more for African Americans than any other President.  If someone wants to argue the case for Lincoln, that’s fine.  Trump recognizes the historical contributions of Lincoln, but Trump feels his case is stronger.  

4 hours ago, lazyike said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-leads-trump-in-battleground-pennsylvania

Anybody think things have gotten better for Trump  since April?

Couple things.  1.  Polls don't mean anything without context.   2.  Yes, Pennsylvanians are upset with the Democratic leadership in the state.  They've already voted out a bunch of the incumbent State politicians something like 6 or 7 of them on June 2nd.

6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

He has done more for African Americans than any other President.  If someone wants to argue the case for Lincoln, that’s fine.  Trump recognizes the historical contributions of Lincoln, but Trump feels his case is stronger.  

Ok thanks (although you can’t believe this, right?)

What was the “questionable” part with Lincoln that was the statement I was wondering about?

3 hours ago, squistion said:

Dr. Fauci:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1271570215147618306 (video clip at link)

As President Trump gears up for a rally amid the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Anthony Fauci says his suggestions still "hold true": "When you are in a large crowd ... you definitely increase the risk that you will either acquire or spread infections" https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/trump-campaign-rally-coronavirus/index.html

But you realize this comes across as disingenuous after CNN didnt care about the virus during the protesting? Im sure you'll respond to this not agreeing, and have some kind of an excuse, but regardless of what you say, it comes across as disingenuous. Have a good day. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, giantcookie said:

But you realize this comes across as disingenuous after CNN didnt care about the virus during the protesting? Im sure you'll respond to this not agreeing, and have some kind of an excuse, but regardless of what you say, it comes across as disingenuous. Have a good day. 

I'll give it to @squistion he hasn't advocated for the protests or excused them.  

CNN has been selective about what it's warned us about though.  I don't recall an article entitled "Here's what Dr. Fauci wants you to know before you go to the protests."

Say what you want about Trump, but the CNN agenda is pretty clear in 2020.

12 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I'll give it to @squistion he hasn't advocated for the protests or excused them.  

CNN has been selective about what it's warned us about though.  I don't recall an article entitled "Here's what Dr. Fauci wants you to know before you go to the protests."

Have you ever clicked on their channel at 2 AM when that loser of a brother Cuomo is on?  The stuff they dream up to be offended over is hilarious. It's like a really bad infomercial against Trump.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Have you ever clicked on their channel at 2 AM when that loser of a brother Cuomo is on?  The stuff they dream up to be offended over is hilarious. It's like a really bad infomercial against Trump.  

People listen to Fredo?   that guy sucks

2 hours ago, jm192 said:

Don’t know if it was Fauci but I definitely heard public health experts on CNN during the height of the protests state their concern with it. On multiple occasions. I think this is yet another right wing myth. 

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Don’t know if it was Fauci but I definitely heard public health experts on CNN during the height of the protests state their concern with it. On multiple occasions. I think this is yet another right wing myth. 

I wouldn't be to sure of that... - CNN Health

Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don't shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse

We created the letter in response to emerging narratives that seemed to malign demonstrations as risky for the public health because of Covid-19," according to the letter writers, many of whom are part of the University of Washington's Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

"Instead, we wanted to present a narrative that prioritizes opposition to racism as vital to the public health, including the epidemic response. We believe that the way forward is not to suppress protests in the name of public health but to respond to protesters demands in the name of public health, thereby addressing multiple public health crises..."

White supremacy is a lethal public health issue that predates and contributes to COVID-19. Black people are twice as likely to be killed by police compared to white people, but the effects of racism are far more pervasive. Black people suffer from dramatic health disparities in life expectancy, maternal and infant mortality, chronic medical conditions, and outcomes from acute illnesses like myocardial infarction and sepsis. Biological determinants are insufficient to explain these disparities. They result from long-standing systems of oppression and bias which have subjected people of color to discrimination in the healthcare setting, decreased access to medical care and healthy food, unsafe working conditions, mass incarceration, exposure to pollution and noise, and the toxic effects of stress. Black people are also more likely to develop COVID-19. Black people with COVID-19 are diagnosed later in the disease course and have a higher rate of hospitalization, mechanical ventilation, and death. COVID-19 among Black patients is yet another lethal manifestation of white supremacy. In addressing demonstrations against white supremacy, our first statement must be one of unwavering support for those who would dismantle, uproot, or reform racist institutions.

Edited by Opie

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I did too, it is absurd to say (like Giant Cookie did) that "CNN didn't care about the virus during the protesting" 

• Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Show me the article titled "What Dr. Fauci wants you to know before you go to that protest." 

2 minutes ago, Opie said:

I wouldn't be to sure of that... - CNN Health

We created the letter in response to emerging narratives that seemed to malign demonstrations as risky for the public health because of Covid-19," according to the letter writers, many of whom are part of the University of Washington's Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

"Instead, we wanted to present a narrative that prioritizes opposition to racism as vital to the public health, including the epidemic response. We believe that the way forward is not to suppress protests in the name of public health but to respond to protesters demands in the name of public health, thereby addressing multiple public health crises."

Yes I’m aware of that statement. But despite it, individual public health officials did appear on both CNN and MSNBC to state how risky and dangerous the protests were. I watched them. 

And all of these experts pointed out that it was ESPECIALLY dangerous when Trump ordered the use of- wait for it- TEAR GAS on peaceful protesters- as admitted to by President Trump yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

I did too, it is absurd to say (like Giant Cookie did) that "CNN didn't care about the virus during the protesting" 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don't shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse

Just now, giantcookie said:

Again, they still stated their concern. 

But even if you were 100% correct in your assertion, and CNN is completely hypocritical and full of crap, I still don’t get your point. Fauci says this rally is dangerous because there’s going to be a ton of people crowded together inside without face masks. Either he’s right or he isn’t. Is he right? 

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

Oh, ok.  Well if you know that you saw 1 segment, then obviously there's no bias from CNN.

I can only tell you what I saw. If you want to think that CNN is going to be more sympathetic to protests over Floyd’s death than they will be to a Trump rally, I’m not going to disagree with that. But it doesn’t change the essential facts of the matter. Either the rally is a public health risk or it isn’t. 

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Yes I’m aware of that statement. But despite it, individual public health officials did appear on both CNN and MSNBC to state how risky and dangerous the protests were. I watched them. 

And all of these experts pointed out that it was ESPECIALLY dangerous when Trump ordered the use of- wait for it- TEAR GAS on peaceful protesters- as admitted to by President Trump yesterday. 

On a related note:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1271887578791198720

Secret Service confirms the use of pepper spray on June 1 in Lafayette Park.

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Again, they still stated their concern. 

But even if you were 100% correct in your assertion, and CNN is completely hypocritical and full of crap, I still don’t get your point. Fauci says this rally is dangerous because there’s going to be a ton of people crowded together inside without face masks. Either he’s right or he isn’t. Is he right? 

I don't believe CNN would purposely encourage protesting like that if covid 19 was that dangerous.

93% of covid deaths had underlying conditions i,e. cancer, diabetes, heart failure. 

If you have a serious underlying condition you shouldnt go to a rally, or a protest, but if you don't you're actually really safe from the virus.

Edited by giantcookie

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I can only tell you what I saw. If you want to think that CNN is going to be more sympathetic to protests over Floyd’s death than they will be to a Trump rally, I’m not going to disagree with that. But it doesn’t change the essential facts of the matter. Either the rally is a public health risk or it isn’t. 

The Rally is a public health risk, Tim.  I stated that plain as day.  I've said it probably 10 times in various threads.  I have not and will not argue that with you.

My POINT was that CNN does an article "Over 1,000 health officials say not to shut down protests for COVID"  and "What Dr. Fauci wants you to know about COVID at the rallies."

Either protests are a public health risk or they aren't. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, giantcookie said:

I don't believe CNN would purposely encourage protesting like that if covid 19 was that dangerous.

93% of covid deaths had underlying conditions i,e. cancer, diabetes, heart failure. 

If you have a serious underlying condition you shouldnt go to a rally, or a protest, but if you don't you're actually really safe from the virus.

You do realize that a healthy person could catch the virus at a rally and then give it to an older or unhealthy family member right? 

8 minutes ago, jm192 said:

The Rally is a public health risk, Tim.  I stated that plain as day.  I've said it probably 10 times in various threads.  I have not and will not argue that with you.

My POINT was that CNN does an article "Over 1,000 health officials say not to shut down protests for COVID"  and "What Dr. Fauci wants you to know about COVID at the rallies."

Either protests are a public health risk or they aren't. 

That’s fine if you want to make that point. I won’t argue it beyond repeating that it wasn’t my impression from watching CNN that there was a double standard. Based on what you have pointed out there may have been a double standard on their website,  but that is read by less than 1% of those who watch the channel, so I would argue it’s significance. 

But again, even if you’re right, you should realize that people are using your argument to justify the risk of the rally. 

8 minutes ago, giantcookie said:

They didn't purposely encourage protesting. Please.

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

That’s fine if you want to make that point. I won’t argue it beyond repeating that it wasn’t my impression from watching CNN that there was a double standard. Based on what you have pointed out there may have been a double standard on their website,  but that is read by less than 1% of those who watch the channel, so I would argue it’s significance. 

But again, even if you’re right, you should realize that people are using your argument to justify the risk of the rally. 

Sure Tim, those people don't speak for me. 

Both are bad.  But I'm going to call out the double standard of "We must protest," and "All other forms of public gathering are bad."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

This is again fiction- but it’s an important fiction. 

The scale of the protests took everyone by surprise- CNN as much as anyone else. It was a spontaneous event. But many conservatives these days have trouble accepting spontaneous events from the left. That’s why conspiracy theories are so popular. The media spurred it on. Or Soros paid people to do it. Or BLM or Antifa. The notion that regular people just got pissed off and decided to protest in large numbers is not something they are comfortable with. 

• Laughing 1

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

they did when this posted this article

Edited by giantcookie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, giantcookie said:

they did when this posted this article

Dude, 1000 health professionals signing a letter on anything is newsworthy - it was a news piece and CNN is a news station. Reporting on it was not an endorsement or an editorial by CNN.

Edited by squistion

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Biden isn't going to win Arizona either.

A fake news poll from Fox has him ahead of Trump 46% to 42%.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-ahead-in-arizona-kelly-trouncing-mcsally-in-senate-race.amp

In a head-to-head presidential ballot test, Democrat Joe Biden edges President Donald Trump by 46-42 percent.  Another 11 percent are still up for grabs.  Biden’s 4-point advantage is within the poll’s margin of sampling error.

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-ahead-in-arizona-kelly-trouncing-mcsally-in-senate-race.amp

In a head-to-head presidential ballot test, Democrat Joe Biden edges President Donald Trump by 46-42 percent.  Another 11 percent are still up for grabs.  Biden’s 4-point advantage is within the poll’s margin of sampling error.

What does this even mean, that 51% of those polled aren't interested in the election?  "Among the 49 percent of voters who are extremely interested in the election, Biden leads Trump by a 52-42 percent margin."

Also, I didn't see it in the article, did they say what the make up of those polled was?

10 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

What does this even mean, that 51% of those polled aren't interested in the election?  "Among the 49 percent of voters who are extremely interested in the election, Biden leads Trump by a 52-42 percent margin."

Also, I didn't see it in the article, did they say what the make up of those polled was?

That isn't what it says:

"Among the 49 percent of voters who are extremely interested in the election,"

If 49% are extremely interested that doesn't mean the other 51% are not interested at all.  

28 minutes ago, squistion said:

Thank you for this post that put the MAGA Thread over 500 pages.  Awesome 

To commemorate this milestone a sizable donation will be made to the Trump campaign in your name.  Please PM me your information, so that you are properly recognized by the campaign. 

MAGA

• Like 4

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Dude, 1000 health professionals signing a letter on anything is newsworthy - it was a news piece and CNN is a news station. Reporting on it was not an endorsement or an editorial by CNN.

if a 1000 health professionals signed a letter saying it was okay to reopen the country and go back to work would CNN report on it? We both know the answer to that, but you'll pretend it isn't the answer we know it is.

I don't get what people have to gain by spending all their time not being sincere, just to promote their side. Are you just really bored?

Hopefully on the next topic you'll be more honest. Thanks, have a nice day.

• Like 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place