Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Snotbubbles said:

800,000 requests to attend the President's Tulsa event.  The venue only holds 19,000 people.  😲

You can see now why the media and Democrats who cheer-leaded “peaceful protests” around the country for 2 weeks don’t want this to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those worried about Trumps water drinking issues have you thought perhaps it is an age issue and not a serious health issue.

I know sometimes I get the shakes when I raise a glass or sometimes when I'm typing on this phone. When you rea h a certain age sometimes you get the shakes occasionally especially after physical activity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jm192 said:

Oh, I don't care what Biden says.

But people on the board saying "It's not cool to make fun of Biden for his stutter."  While the entire board is getting a laugh in because Trump appeared weak while lifting a glass of water.  Don't ask people to "respect Biden" while the rest of the board is slamming Trump.  

But sure, I'm fine with Biden saying whatever to Trump.  I'm fine with you making fun of Trump.  Just don't tell peopole it's childish to make fun of the Democratic candidate's stutter when it's ok to make fun of the GOP candidates weakness. 

I personally think it’s all silly which is why I haven’t engaged at all in the whole walking down the ramp and drinking water talk, but do we think for a second that Trump himself wouldn’t use examples like this to attack Biden and how he’s losing it?

That is the problem, we have a massive child as our President who does actually focus on ridiculous things such as these and has no problem attacking other people for it. So of course people who hate Trump are going to throw back that type of ammo right back at him when he shows signs of aging and is attacking others for the same issues.

Edited by Bucsfan5493
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

I personally think it’s all silly which is why I haven’t engaged at all in the whole walking down the ramp and drinking water talk, but do we think for a second that Trump himself wouldn’t use examples like this to attack Biden and how he’s losing it?

That is the problem, we have a massive child as our President who does actually focus on ridiculous things such as these and has no problem attacking other people for it. So of course people who hate Trump are going to throw back that type of ammo right back at him when he shows signs of aging and is attacking others for the same issues.

Because they are massive children too?

  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

I personally think it’s all silly which is why I haven’t engaged at all in the whole walking down the ramp and drinking water talk, but do we think for a second that Trump himself wouldn’t use examples like this to attack Biden and how he’s losing it?

That is the problem, we have a massive child as our President who does actually focus on ridiculous things such as these and has no problem attacking other people for it. So of course people who hate Trump are going to throw back that type of ammo right back at him when he shows signs of aging and is attacking others for the same issues.

Agree it’s silly.

Either a standard exists or it doesn’t.

If Trump is a massive child for atracking Hillary’s age...then people are massive children for attacking his.  Is it ok to attack Hillary’s age if she’s a child?  Not really.

But it’s America.  Everyone should post what they want.  Just spare me the moral high ground talks.  If it’s ok to go after Trump, then what Trump is doing must be ok as well—because surely we would all behave in the same manner in which we try to hold people accountable to.

Edited by jm192
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Because they are massive children too?

Yep, there are plenty of people on both sides behaving like children these days. Making fun of someone for aging and not being able to get down a ramp or having the arm strength to lift up a glass of water is as childish as it gets. But sadly these are the times that we are in that these conversations are normal for politics in attempt to trash the other side.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Either a standard exists or it doesn’t.

If Trump is a massive child for atracking Hillary’s age...then people are massive children for attacking his.  Is it ok to attack Hillary’s age if she’s a child?  Not really.

But it’s America.  Everyone should post what they want.  Just spare me the moral high ground talks.  If it’s ok to go after Trump, then what Trump is doing must be ok as well—because surely we would all behave in the same manner in which we try to hold people accountable to.

Like I said, I think everyone participating in this garbage is behaving child-like but I also think it’s different when the actual President engages in this behavior compared to random citizens.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Like I said, I think everyone participating in this garbage is behaving child-like but I also think it’s different when the actual President engages in this behavior compared to random citizens.

Sure.  This whole rabbit hole came about from someone saying Biden has stuttered all of his life and it's childish to make fun of an old man for such a thing.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Surprised you think that's cool.  Interesting thanks for your perspective

If a dude is going to rip you nonstop expect to get it back.This isn’t a hard concept to grasp.

Example: Trump mocks people’s height yet he wears lifts that barely allow him to stand without tipping over.

Seems like a good area to flip a dude some crap. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
10 hours ago, the moops said:

You do know that Biden has struggled with a stutter his entire life? Seems kinda petty and childish to make fun of a guy for that, don't you think?

Making fun of a guy for drinking water is cool though?

So you admit it is childish? :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The General said:

If a dude is going to rip you nonstop expect to get it back.This isn’t a hard concept to grasp.

Example: Trump mocks people’s height yet he wears lifts that barely allow him to stand without tipping over.

Seems like a good area to flip a dude some crap. 

 

Which makes everyone participating the same (acting like a child per another poster).  You guys retaliating with your justifications don't make you any better than him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Yes you guys making fun of a guy drinking water is very childish

I did no such thing. And even so - the retort should be "hey guys, not cool making fun of someone for drinking water awkwardly"

Instead you chose the "oh yea, well look at that guy with the stutter - he can't even talk in full sentences!"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Trump called it again. Thomas Jefferson statues are now being toppled in this country. 

https://twitter.com/timcast/status/1272484070157627393?s=21

I"m waiting to see the words of every Democrat, leading up to, and immediately following, the Civil War, including the Civil Rights legislation, stricken from the record and any portraits taken down and burned.

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the moops said:

I did no such thing. And even so - the retort should be "hey guys, not cool making fun of someone for drinking water awkwardly"

Instead you chose the "oh yea, well look at that guy with the stutter - he can't even talk in full sentences!"

When you wanna lecture the guys making fun of the old man drinking water then come back and lecture me.  Be consistent and be better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Which makes everyone participating the same (acting like a child per another poster).  You guys retaliating with your justifications don't make you any better than him

You probably shouldn’t elect me to run the country :lol:

 

 

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:


Lots of energy behind Trump  

Donald J. Trump

⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩

Almost One Million people request tickets for the Saturday Night Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

 

6/15/20, 9:28 AM

 

 

It’s going to be glorious 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:14 AM, Opie said:

 

  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh

...in FOUR YEARS

Who wrote the SCOTUS decision today ending discrimination in employment and housing against all LGBT+ folks in this country. Don't think Trump will be happy about that after rolling back Transgender Civil Rights protections enacted under Obama (which will now be nullified).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, squistion said:

 

Who wrote the SCOTUS decision today ending discrimination in employment and housing against all LGBT+ folks in this country. Don't think Trump will be happy about that after rolling back Transgender Civil Rights protections enacted under Obama (which will now be nullified).

Perhaps not Kavanaugh either; he wrote a separate dissent on a technical point, but took care to congratulate the LGBT community and wrote that they were deserving of equality under the law. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, timschochet said:

Perhaps not Kavanaugh either; he wrote a separate dissent on a technical point, but took care to congratulate the LGBT community and wrote that they were deserving of equality under the law. 

But still voting against extending Civil Rights protections to all LGBT+ folks. :(

Kavanaugh is who we thought he was (to paraphrase Denny Green).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, beef said:

Teflon Trump - interesting read on how the media and national polls still don't get it.

It’s a good article that expresses all of my fears (and Trump supporters hopes): the pollsters aren’t sampling enough of the Trump vote, an economic recovery (which I am rooting for) will drive voters back to Trump, the current protests will create a backlash against leftist ideas like “defund the police”, etc etc. 

I certainly hope it’s wrong. I think it is. I believe Trump supporters, including those quoted in the article, are far too cavalier about dismissing polling. 2016 was pretty accurate except in the specific case of a few states. Biden’s lead has been far more consistent and broader than Hillary Clinton’s and I don’t expect the swing state polls to be that far off a second time. But we’ll find out pretty soon...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Countdown until woke Politico “journalists” demand this piece yanked and the authors fired 3...2....1

I doubt it. This could have passed for an Onion piece. They are probably laughing too hard to demand it be yanked.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

[...]

Interviews with more than 50 state, district and county Republican Party chairs depict a version of the electoral landscape that is no worse for Trump than six months ago — and possibly even slightly better. According to this view, the coronavirus is on its way out and the economy is coming back. Polls are unreliable, Joe Biden is too frail to last, and the media still doesn’t get it.

“The more bad things happen in the country, it just solidifies support for Trump,” said Phillip Stephens, GOP chairman in Robeson County, N.C., one of several rural counties in that swing state that shifted from supporting Barack Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. “We’re calling him ‘Teflon Trump.’ Nothing’s going to stick, because if anything, it’s getting more exciting than it was in 2016.”

This year, Stephens said, “We’re thinking landslide.”

Edited by squistion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

A pretty good judge deserving of his place on the SCOTUS?

No, an anti-gay bigot, as many of his critics suspected. In all fairness, we expected the same vote from Gorsuch, since he was also a Trump SCOTUS nominee.

Despite the wording in his dissent, the bottom line is that Brett Kavanaugh voted against basic LGBT rights, and if a majority of SCOTUS had agreed with him, companies would still be allowed to fire employees for simply being LGBT+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, an anti-gay bigot, as many of his critics suspected. In all fairness, we expected the same vote from Gorsuch, since he was also a Trump SCOTUS nominee.

Despite the wording in his dissent, the bottom line is that Brett Kavanaugh voted against basic LGBT rights, and if a majority of SCOTUS had agreed with him, companies would still be allowed to fire employees for simply being LGBT+.

Looks like your expectations were incorrect instead of just saying "my bad" you are doubling down.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, an anti-gay bigot, as many of his critics suspected. In all fairness, we expected the same vote from Gorsuch, since he was also a Trump SCOTUS nominee.

Despite the wording in his dissent, the bottom line is that Brett Kavanaugh voted against basic LGBT rights, and if a majority of SCOTUS had agreed with him, companies would still be allowed to fire employees for simply being LGBT+.

And guess what.....that didn't happen. You should be happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, squistion said:

About Gorsuch, yes.

About Kavanaugh, no.

Quoting Tim schochet.... "Perhaps not Kavanaugh either; he wrote a separate dissent on a technical point, but took care to congratulate the LGBT community and wrote that they were deserving of equality under the law. "

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Quoting Tim schochet.... "Perhaps not Kavanaugh either; he wrote a separate dissent on a technical point, but took care to congratulate the LGBT community and wrote that they were deserving of equality under the law. "

To repeat what I said before:

Quote

Despite the wording in his dissent, the bottom line is that Brett Kavanaugh voted against basic LGBT rights, and if a majority of SCOTUS had agreed with him, companies would still be allowed to fire employees for simply being LGBT+.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, squistion said:

I doubt it. This could have passed for an Onion piece. They are probably laughing too hard to demand it be yanked.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

[...]

Interviews with more than 50 state, district and county Republican Party chairs depict a version of the electoral landscape that is no worse for Trump than six months ago — and possibly even slightly better. According to this view, the coronavirus is on its way out and the economy is coming back. Polls are unreliable, Joe Biden is too frail to last, and the media still doesn’t get it.

“The more bad things happen in the country, it just solidifies support for Trump,” said Phillip Stephens, GOP chairman in Robeson County, N.C., one of several rural counties in that swing state that shifted from supporting Barack Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. “We’re calling him ‘Teflon Trump.’ Nothing’s going to stick, because if anything, it’s getting more exciting than it was in 2016.”

This year, Stephens said, “We’re thinking landslide.”

Way to miss the entire point of the article. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, the moops said:

I did no such thing. And even so - the retort should be "hey guys, not cool making fun of someone for drinking water awkwardly"

Instead you chose the "oh yea, well look at that guy with the stutter - he can't even talk in full sentences!"

I think they're referring to his mental decline, to being able to stay on topic, keep a thought in his head or read 3 sentences in a row without getting lost.  But, yeah, the stuttering doesn't help either.  

Edited by tonydead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, an anti-gay bigot, as many of his critics suspected. In all fairness, we expected the same vote from Gorsuch, since he was also a Trump SCOTUS nominee.

Despite the wording in his dissent, the bottom line is that Brett Kavanaugh voted against basic LGBT rights, and if a majority of SCOTUS had agreed with him, companies would still be allowed to fire employees for simply being LGBT+.

I’m no Kavanaugh fan (I still think it’s likely he’s an attempted rapist) but I don’t see how you can conclude that he’s an “anti-gay bigot” based on what he wrote. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...