Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Odds aren’t proof of what’s coming. But they are proof of what’s likely. You can trust that. 

This simply isn’t true. I don’t think you understand how wagering works

Edited by HellToupee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, timschochet said:

I’m no Kavanaugh fan (I still think it’s likely he’s an attempted rapist) but I don’t see how you can conclude that he’s an “anti-gay bigot” based on what he wrote. 

It is based on how he voted.

If the majority had agreed with Kavanugh. LGBT people in 26 states would still be denied basic civil rights and be openly discriminated against in 26 states.

I believe Kavanaugh could have concurred in the majority opinion, but dissented in part , that he disagreed with the decision on a technical point.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:


Lots of energy behind Trump  

Donald J. Trump

⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩

Almost One Million people request tickets for the Saturday Night Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

 

6/15/20, 9:28 AM

 

 

He should start doing these in outdoor stadiums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

This simply isn’t true. I don’t think you understand how wagering works

Amazing. For months when the betting odds favored Trump you guys crowed about it and said that it was more important than any polls. When some of us tried to point out that the betting odds represented what Vegas thought would achieve an even betting line, we were lectured that we didn’t understand how wagering works, and that we could trust the odds; if Vegas said Trump was likely to win then he was likely to win. 
Now the betting odds favor Biden and once again I am being lectured that I don’t understand how wagering works. That’s fine, but you’re not the guys to tell me because none of you have any credibility on the subject. Lol 

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, timschochet said:

Amazing. For months when the betting odds favored Trump you guys crowed about it and said that it was more important than any polls. When some of us tried to point out that the betting odds represented what Vegas thought would achieve an even betting line, we were lectured that we didn’t understand how wagering works, and that we could trust the odds; if Vegas said Trump was likely to win then he was likely to win. 

Now the betting odds favor Biden and once again I am being lectured that I don’t understand how wagering works. That’s fine, but you’re not the guys to tell me because none of you have any credibility on the subject. Lol 

I know.  :lol:  You can't make this stuff up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:05 AM, Opie said:

For those of you who like polls...and Twitter.... (I like neither) and still think that President Trump isn't making inroads with the black voters....a video recap

I like polls and Twitter, and speaking of polls, here is the latest from Rasmussen, which has been a favorite polling outfit among the regulars in this thread.

https://justthenews.com/sites/default/files/2020-06/2020-06-15 JTN Poll CROSSTABS.pdf

Rasmussen General Election
Biden 48%
Trump 36%

Yikes!

Rasmussen has been a right leaning outlier, and maybe they way overcorrected and this is an outlier too. But if this is accurate, Trump is in serious trouble come November.

Edited by squistion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, squistion said:

I like polls and Twitter, and speaking of polls, here is the latest from Rasmussen, which has been a favorite polling outfit among the regulars in this thread.

https://justthenews.com/sites/default/files/2020-06/2020-06-15 JTN Poll CROSSTABS.pdf

Rasmussen General Election
Biden 48%
Trump 36%

Yikes!

Rasmussen has been a right leaning outlier, and maybe they way overcorrected and this is an outlier too. But if this is accurate, Trump is in serious trouble come November.

How can you make that conclusion without knowing what the composition of those surveyed was.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:


Lots of energy behind Trump  

Donald J. Trump

⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩

Almost One Million people request tickets for the Saturday Night Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

 

6/15/20, 9:28 AM

 

 

Holy ####!!!

I knew the enthusiasm was high, LOL, but DAYUM.

Standing room only at BOK.

Edited by Football Jones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The poll @Opie linked about 40% approval rating for blacks is interesting. It's what I'm seeing with some work I'm doing locally. The theme I hear over & over is self-responsibility.

That demographic has been voting Dem forever, & other than racism simply being bred out of us slowly over time, they haven't done a damn thing for blacks. They're even voting against giving black kids the right to find a better school. It's nonsense.

I'm not sure if it's enough to make a big impact in November, but it's coming (non-negotiable).

Edited by Football Jones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snotbubbles said:

How can you make that conclusion without knowing what the composition of those surveyed was.  

The link gives a breakdown of the 1200 registered voters surveyed as to their gender, age, race and party. 

And I said it might be outlier, as Rasmussen usually is, however this time leaning in the opposite direction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

The poll @Opie linked about 40% approval rating for blacks is interesting. It's what I'm seeing with some work I'm doing locally. The theme I hear over & over is self-responsibility.

That demographic has been voting Dem forever, & other than racism simply being bred out of us slowly over time, they haven't done a damn thing for blacks. They're even voting against giving black kids the right to find a better school. It's nonsense.

I'm not sure if it's enough to make a big impact in November, but it's coming (non-negotiable).

The nationwide protests following the recent shootings of George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks and Breonna Taylor indicate otherwise.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

The nationwide protests following the recent shootings of George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks and Breonna Taylor indicate otherwise.

George Floyd wasn’t shot. And the Rayshard Brooks shooting was completely justified. I hope he sues the pants off the mayor and state. Unbelievable he would get fired.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

The nationwide protests following the recent shootings of George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks and Breonna Taylor indicate otherwise.

We have two problems here, police reform & racism. Don't blur the lines. If white cops are going around trying to kill black people, they aren't very good at it. Police reform should be the talking point here.

I'm sure there are some racist white cops & same goes for black cops. Maybe the two black cops were racist who shot at a white guy for no reason & killed his 6 year-old son. Maybe they weren't. Who knows. The problem is when ALL white-on-black killings are presumed racist. It's never looked at the other way like that & nobody says much of anything when a white cop kills a white person (which happens more). Police reform, man, police reform. Write it down.

The agenda is causing this nation great harm. It's evil & one of the reasons we're in this mess. And before you say it, yes, there's racism present & we need to address it. It's being slowly bred out of us over time, but certainly any measures to help will be awesome.

Edited by Football Jones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

George Floyd wasn’t shot. And the Rayshard Brooks shooting was completely justified. I hope he sues the pants off the mayor and state. Unbelievable he would get fired.

OK, recent killings by police. 

And Rayshard Brooks shooting was ruled a homicide which means it wasn't completely justified. 

Edited by squistion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

The poll @Opie linked about 40% approval rating for blacks is interesting. It's what I'm seeing with some work I'm doing locally. The theme I hear over & over is self-responsibility.

That demographic has been voting Dem forever, & other than racism simply being bred out of us slowly over time, they haven't done a damn thing for blacks. They're even voting against giving black kids the right to find a better school. It's nonsense.

I'm not sure if it's enough to make a big impact in November, but it's coming (non-negotiable).

What is this now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

OK, recent killings by police. 

And Rayshard Brooks shooting was ruled a homicide which means it wasn't completely justified. 

Because the incompetent Atlanta Mayor caved to the mob. It’s outrageous what’s happening to this officer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

Because the incompetent Atlanta Mayor caved to the mob. It’s outrageous what’s happening to this officer.

That was the official finding of the coroner of Fulton County Medical Examiner's office, ruling that Brooks shooting was a homicide. Did the Medical Examiners office cave to the mob too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

You didn't see the School thread?

It's on my list to do some more research on.

I didn’t. 

I’d guess this was something related to not wanting to defund public schools but that is why I asked you what you were talking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably belongs in the CHAZ thread, but that place is getting too creepy. Love seeing him pound these Irresponsible Democrats. 


Like a BOSS, President Trump blasts @JayInslee and Seattle @MayorJenny for their inaction on CHAZ and slams the Press for completely ignoring the situation.

https://twitter.com/rednationrising/status/1272633525724905474?s=21

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, squistion said:

 

Who wrote the SCOTUS decision today ending discrimination in employment and housing against all LGBT+ folks in this country. Don't think Trump will be happy about that after rolling back Transgender Civil Rights protections enacted under Obama (which will now be nullified).

This is really two separate things, if you read between the lines.  One (The supreme court decision) is a basic civil right.  It's a great and needed decision.  (To be honest, i didn't even realize this wasn't a law yet..  i'm surprised it took this long)

The Transgender protections enacted under Obama is a HEALTH protection.  This is about cost. My understanding is that this ruling effects those looking for the operation, not for anything else.  (I could be wrong on that)  For those of you that see this as a no-brainer, do you have any idea what this surgery costs?   In Madison WI, the average cost for this Surgery (including pre-op, the Surgery itself, the drugs and everything else involved afterwards comes out to around $800K-1Mil per patient.  Yes, i know you can get it done cheaper- this is the cadillac version that Madison WI was providing a few years back until Walker killed it.

I am all for equality...  but this is an entirely separate issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

Amazing. For months when the betting odds favored Trump you guys crowed about it and said that it was more important than any polls. When some of us tried to point out that the betting odds represented what Vegas thought would achieve an even betting line, we were lectured that we didn’t understand how wagering works, and that we could trust the odds; if Vegas said Trump was likely to win then he was likely to win. 
Now the betting odds favor Biden and once again I am being lectured that I don’t understand how wagering works. That’s fine, but you’re not the guys to tell me because none of you have any credibility on the subject. Lol 

The true belying question is:

Do you win a profitable amount of your bets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

You Bidenguys are dropping polls all over the board with him up 12pts, but this is the line right now? Not good for you guys.

I'm really more interested in the movement on these - in Tony's link Biden was at +5000 at the time. RCP betting avg has it at +10.2 Biden, and as you know maybe like (?) 5 weeks ago Trump was up 5?

I'm not confident about anything. That 538 state by state rundown is pretty interesting, I think PA is the sort of clearing point and it's at roughly 3+% and I put stake in what Bubbles has been saying on that score. And I personally think Trump has all the advantages here. No way to tell right now, but I do find it fascinating when a 7 point spread drops to 3.5 a week before game day. I'll admit I stink at the part of betting discussions that explain why Vegas moves certain lines (besides duh they want some people to bet more), but when there's movement like this it's usually for a fundamental reason. But we'll see, I agree it doesn't mean anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Fredo is going to be so angry about this. :lmao:

Recent villains of Fredo, Fat tire biker man who caught him traveling with Corona-

https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/long-island-bicyclist-verbally-attacked-by-chris-cuomo-fires-back/

Fredo going nuts on a guy for calling him Fredo and claiming it was an “Italian slur”-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0eS-9v_Abo

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm really more interested in the movement on these - in Tony's link Biden was at +5000 at the time. RCP betting avg has it at +10.2 Biden, and as you know maybe like (?) 5 weeks ago Trump was up 5?

I'm not confident about anything. That 538 state by state rundown is pretty interesting, I think PA is the sort of clearing point and it's at roughly 3+% and I put stake in what Bubbles has been saying on that score. And I personally think Trump has all the advantages here. No way to tell right now, but I do find it fascinating when a 7 point spread drops to 3.5 a week before game day. I'll admit I stink at the part of betting discussions that explain why Vegas moves certain lines (besides duh they want some people to bet more), but when there's movement like this it's usually for a fundamental reason. But we'll see, I agree it doesn't mean anything.

Right, but in his link it was February and Bernie was still plus +350. This was before the Democrat Party gave Bernie the red wedding. Heck mini Mike is still +800 here. 

My point was -130/+115 is basically a coinflip in betting. With the ridiculously high poll numbers (which you seem to not even believe it appears) for Biden being blared by the media every 2 seconds he should be like a Bones Jones -400. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Football Jones said:

You didn't see the School thread?

It's on my list to do some more research on.

So you came to the conclusion that democrats voting against school choice is refusing to let black kids find a better school, but need to do more research? Interesting, when I went to school was told to do the research and then come to a conclusion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

So you came to the conclusion that democrats voting against school choice is refusing to let black kids find a better school, but need to do more research? Interesting, when I went to school was told to do the research and then c ome to a conclusion. 

Do you know what 'on the surface' or 'sounds really bad' means?

I'm going to do research on it, but I suspect this isn't going to be pretty for Dems.

Are you guys voting to make it harder for black kids to find a better school? Don't want to take money away from a failing school? 

We'll see. I'll try to get back to you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

So you came to the conclusion that democrats voting against school choice is refusing to let black kids find a better school, but need to do more research? Interesting, when I went to school was told to do the research and then come to a conclusion. 

So, exactly when did you decide to let the MSM do the research and then come to their conclusion?

Did you learn that at MSU???

You do know that the Spartans enslaved the helots....don't you?
 "But do you know that there were others who lived among the Spartans? A nation of slaves whose only purpose was to serve their masters? They were the helots, the subjugated and conquered people, the slaves of Sparta....""It is hard to tell how exactly the Spartans treated helots day to day. Probably with “cruel efficiency”, they simply made sure that helots were healthy and capable of doing what was required of them".

...and YOU promulgated their history by attending an institution with a mascot that represents and embraced slavery and then PROUDLY display it in your screen name!

I would be ASHAMED!

I DEMAND that MSU eliminate ANYTHING to do with Sparty..... and change the mascot !!!!

Edited by Opie
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Opie said:

So, exactly when did you decide to let the MSM do the research and then come to their conclusion?

Did you learn that at MSU???

You do know that the Spartans enslaved the helots....don't you?
 "But do you know that there were others who lived among the Spartans? A nation of slaves whose only purpose was to serve their masters? They were the helots, the subjugated and conquered people, the slaves of Sparta....""It is hard to tell how exactly the Spartans treated helots day to day. Probably with “cruel efficiency”, they simply made sure that helots were healthy and capable of doing what was required of them".

...and YOU promulgated their history by attending an institution with a mascot that represents and embraced slavery and then PROUDLY display it in your screen name!

I would be ASHAMED!

I DEMAND that MSU eliminate ANYTHING to do with Sparty..... and change the mascot !!!!

What?

  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

President Trump is threatening John Bolton and his publishers  with going to jail if his book comes out as scheduled next week. 

Its hard to feel any sympathy for Bolton. If he had been willing to testify without a subpoena back in December, perhaps Mike Pence would have been President when the coronavirus hit and many thousands of lives would have been saved. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

President Trump is threatening John Bolton and his publishers  with going to jail if his book comes out as scheduled next week. 

Its hard to feel any sympathy for Bolton. If he had been willing to testify without a subpoena back in December, perhaps Mike Pence would have been President when the coronavirus hit and many thousands of lives would have been saved. 

I feel none. He keep silent so he would have higher book sales now. Joke is on you John.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...