Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, timschochet said:

President Trump is threatening John Bolton and his publishers  with going to jail if his book comes out as scheduled next week. 

Its hard to feel any sympathy for Bolton. If he had been willing to testify without a subpoena back in December, perhaps Mike Pence would have been President when the coronavirus hit and many thousands of lives would have been saved. 

I feel bad for him. He was caught in a no win situation. Plus we have no idea how Pence would have handled this problem, or if it would have been Pence. 

 

Edited by msudaisy26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, timschochet said:

President Trump is threatening John Bolton and his publishers  with going to jail if his book comes out as scheduled next week. 

Its hard to feel any sympathy for Bolton. If he had been willing to testify without a subpoena back in December, perhaps Mike Pence would have been President when the coronavirus hit and many thousands of lives would have been saved. 

Remember how high your hopes got on election night, 2016?

...or....when all those D-list celebrities called for an electoral voter revolt?

...when Rachel Madcow bragged that she had President Trump's tax return?
...or when the Mueller Report came out?
...the failure of the impeachment in the Senate?

Remember those great feelings of antici....PAtion you had all those times?
How giddy you felt...each and every time you were promised the demise of President Trump?

Then...the let down?
All those let downs....one...after....another.....sad times.

You've been through a lot over the past four years.

Don't get your hopes up again....it won't be any better.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Fat guys stuffing their gaping maws with comical food items will never NOT be funny, Tim. 

#VoteGM

#EAT-OFFCHAMP

Suck it @shuke

Can't believe you tagged me to pull me into #### ####hole forum.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Opie said:

Remember how high your hopes got on election night, 2016?

...or....when all those D-list celebrities called for an electoral voter revolt?

...when Rachel Madcow bragged that she had President Trump's tax return?
...or when the Mueller Report came out?
...the failure of the impeachment in the Senate?

Remember those great feelings of antici....PAtion you had all those times?
How giddy you felt...each and every time you were promised the demise of President Trump?

Then...the let down?
All those let downs....one...after....another.....sad times.

You've been through a lot over the past four years.

Don't get your hopes up again....it won't be any better.

This post is nearly 100% wrong. 
 

1. My hopes were not high on election night 2016. Had a bad feeling all day. As the results came in it got worse. 
 

2. I’m a fan of the electoral college. I am very much opposed to getting rid of it. 

3. I never cared about Trump’s taxes. I never figured they’d show anything. 
 

4. I didn’t think there was anything to the Mueller investigation. I wasn’t surprised by the Attorney General’s statement; I anticipated it. It was only AFTER I read the report did I realize that Trump committed an impeachable  offense and that Barr covered it up. 
 

5. I was proud of the House when they impeached Trump. The failure of the Senate to remove him was easily predictable but it was also shameful. History will not look kindly on the Republican Senators other than Romney, nor will it be kind to you Trump supporters who chose to ignore his obvious crimes. 

6 There were no feelings of anticipation. I haven’t been disappointed yet. But frankly I WILL be disappointed if he wins again. Pretty sure my head will explode if that happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

This post is nearly 100% wrong. 
 

1. My hopes were not high on election night 2016. Had a bad feeling all day. As the results came in it got worse. 
 

2. I’m a fan of the electoral college. I am very much opposed to getting rid of it. 

3. I never cared about Trump’s taxes. I never figured they’d show anything. 
 

4. I didn’t think there was anything to the Mueller investigation. I wasn’t surprised by the Attorney General’s statement; I anticipated it. It was only AFTER I read the report did I realize that Trump committed an impeachable  offense and that Barr covered it up. 
 

5. I was proud of the House when they impeached Trump. The failure of the Senate to remove him was easily predictable but it was also shameful. History will not look kindly on the Republican Senators other than Romney, nor will it be kind to you Trump supporters who chose to ignore his obvious crimes. 

6 There were no feelings of anticipation. I haven’t been disappointed yet. But frankly I WILL be disappointed if he wins again. Pretty sure my head will explode if that happens. 

well good for you....
supposedly, for the past four years, you've been as cool as a cucumber.....

yet somehow...you just cannot stop writing about something that you've totally got under control.

Therapeutic??

Edited by Opie
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Opie said:

Remember how high your hopes got on election night, 2016?

...or....when all those D-list celebrities called for an electoral voter revolt?

...when Rachel Madcow bragged that she had President Trump's tax return?
...or when the Mueller Report came out?
...the failure of the impeachment in the Senate?

Remember those great feelings of antici....PAtion you had all those times?
How giddy you felt...each and every time you were promised the demise of President Trump?

Then...the let down?
All those let downs....one...after....another.....sad times.

You've been through a lot over the past four years.

Don't get your hopes up again....it won't be any better.

Whoa talk about getting :own3d:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Holy crap Tim you can't be serious?  Schtick right?

Two parts: 

1. The Constitution makes no mention of the word “polite”. 
2. The Constitution prohibits laws that would interfere with peaceful assembly, but it does not prohibit non peaceful assembly- it permits laws against it but that’s up to the state or federal legislatures- nowhere in the Constitution does it say that non-peaceful assembly is illegal. 
 

So Cuomo is 100% correct on the first part and technically correct on the second part and the slob watching him is wrong. Nor is it especially funny, just kind of dumb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Two parts: 

1. The Constitution makes no mention of the word “polite”. 
2. The Constitution prohibits laws that would interfere with peaceful assembly, but it does not prohibit non peaceful assembly- it permits laws against it but that’s up to the state or federal legislatures- nowhere in the Constitution does it say that non-peaceful assembly is illegal. 
 

So Cuomo is 100% correct on the first part and technically correct on the second part and the slob watching him is wrong. Nor is it especially funny, just kind of dumb. 

Sorry, there is no defending Cuomo here as he is disgusting saying it is ok to be violent at protests.  Despicable.  Only on CNN.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Two parts: 

1. The Constitution makes no mention of the word “polite”. 
2. The Constitution prohibits laws that would interfere with peaceful assembly, but it does not prohibit non peaceful assembly- it permits laws against it but that’s up to the state or federal legislatures- nowhere in the Constitution does it say that non-peaceful assembly is illegal. 
 

So Cuomo is 100% correct on the first part and technically correct on the second part and the slob watching him is wrong. Nor is it especially funny, just kind of dumb. 

Jeez...you are reaching soooo far....do you realize how silly you look?

"Yes honey, you can have three friends over tonight".
After breaking a party consisting of 100 of her friends, she tells her parent...."You said that I could have three friends over....you didn't say that I couldn't have 100 friends over".

Tim...have you ever heard the saying, "It is better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"?

Just wondering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Opie said:

well good for you....
supposedly, for the past four years, you've been as cool as a cucumber.....

yet somehow...you just cannot stop writing about something that you've totally got under control.

Therapeutic??

Who said I have it under control? I don’t. Just because none of this has gone as either a major surprise or disappointment doesn’t mean that it’s not distressing. We’ve had nearly 4 years of incompetence and corruption  at the head of state. Thankfully we survived nearly all of it, all the stupidity and vile behavior, without too much harm to the nation. That was until the virus hit. Now the worst has probably happened, and as awful as it’s been, it’s also made me somewhat stoic. I still hope Trump loses of course but even if he does it won’t make too much difference. The damage is done and will be with us for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Opie said:

Jeez...you are reaching soooo far....do you realize how silly you look?

"Yes honey, you can have three friends over tonight".
After breaking a party consisting of 100 of her friends, she tells her parent...."You said that I could have three friends over....you didn't say that I couldn't have 100 friends over".

Tim...have you ever heard the saying, "It is better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"?

Just wondering.

I certainly have. You posting it is like...like...well, its like rain on your wedding day! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I certainly have. You posting it is like...like...well, its like rain on your wedding day! 

The "rain", being the truth....and your "wedding day", as being those rationalized beliefs within your bubble.

One can ruin the other.

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Please stop responding to the 2+2=5 guy that posts every tiny thought that ever passes through his two cell brain. Just put him on ignore and be done with it. It's like hes not even there, UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE KEEPS RESPONDING TO HIM!

He's lonely....and delusional.

I feel sorry for him.  :shrug:

 

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Please stop responding to the 2+2=5 guy that posts every tiny thought that ever passes through his two cell brain. Just put him on ignore and be done with it. It's like hes not even there, UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE KEEPS RESPONDING TO HIM!

Are you still urging people to not wear masks? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Opie said:

I just can't think of any other reason you'd constantly hang out in this thread.

The title of this thread is “Trump 2020 HQ- The Great Place”. It’s devoted to a discussion of his prospects at re-election. As a political junkie I find that to be an endlessly fascinating subject. 
 

Second, this thread is mostly filled with people who disagree with me. Those are the people I prefer to engage with. You never learn anything by talking to those who agree with you. Plus it’s boring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, squistion said:

The link gives a breakdown of the 1200 registered voters surveyed as to their gender, age, race and party. 

And I said it might be outlier, as Rasmussen usually is, however this time leaning in the opposite direction. 

I saw that.  It doesn't give nearly enough data on the breakdowns.  The Fox poll you submitted did a much more detailed breakdown of those polled and their motivations.  This one doesn't do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The title of this thread is “Trump 2020 HQ- The Great Place”. It’s devoted to a discussion of his prospects at re-election. As a political junkie I find that to be an endlessly fascinating subject. 
 

Second, this thread is mostly filled with people who disagree with me. Those are the people I prefer to engage with. You never learn anything by talking to those who agree with you. Plus it’s boring. 

1.  There are a myriad of other threads where people agree with you and could benefit from your input.....you aren't gong to convince anyone here.

2.  If you're looking for people who disagree with you....why are you in a forum where 75% of the members agree with you? 

Why not go to a forum where you will be inundated with people who disagree with you....Here's my suggestion for you.  I would also suggest this one...but you would have had to have served in the USMC to join.  Go to that first one and start posting there, what you post here...I'll look for your name.

I think what you're saying here is that you can troll in this thread and count on backup from the 75% in this forum who do agree with you.

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I saw that.  It doesn't give nearly enough data on the breakdowns.  The Fox poll you submitted did a much more detailed breakdown of those polled and their motivations.  This one doesn't do that.

Speaking of polls, yesterday was the worst day yet for President Trump: 

1. Another national poll has him down by 14- Thats two in a row. 
2. Down by 16 in Michigan. 
3. Up by 1 in Iowa- a state he won by 10 points last time. 

I suppose the only thing that makes me nervous is that there are 4 1/2 months left and this appears to be his nadir. So still plenty of time for things to change... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Speaking of polls, yesterday was the worst day yet for President Trump: 

1. Another national poll has him down by 14- Thats two in a row. 
2. Down by 16 in Michigan. 
3. Up by 1 in Iowa- a state he won by 10 points last time. 

I suppose the only thing that makes me nervous is that there are 4 1/2 months left and this appears to be his nadir. So still plenty of time for things to change... 

....and the 2016 election results vs. the polls, tell you....what?

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Speaking of polls, yesterday was the worst day yet for President Trump: 

1. Another national poll has him down by 14- Thats two in a row. 
2. Down by 16 in Michigan. 
3. Up by 1 in Iowa- a state he won by 10 points last time. 

I suppose the only thing that makes me nervous is that there are 4 1/2 months left and this appears to be his nadir. So still plenty of time for things to change... 

But wait, there's more!  Trump is in statistical tie with Biden in deep red Arkansas:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/502668-trump-statistically-tied-with-biden-in-arkansas-poll

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Opie said:

1.  There are a myriad of other threads where people agree with you and could benefit from your input.....you aren't gong to convince anyone here.

2.  If you're looking for people who disagree with you....why are you in a forum where 75% of the members agree with you? 
Why not o to a a forum where you will be inundated with people who disagree with you.

I think what you're saying here is that you can troll in this thread and count on backup from the 75% in this forum who do agree with you.

1. I’m not looking to convince people here. That’s not the point. Good discussion means I learn something. And I often do, including from you, sir. Sometimes you even convince me on certain issues. That’s a good day for me. 

2. I like this forum because of its civility and intelligence. I get turned off easily by rude comments and behavior. Unfortunately most political forums dominated by either side are filled with idiots who like to put each other down. There’s some very smart people here and most are nice. 

3. I’m not a fan of trolling. I succumb to it sometimes and I don’t like myself when I do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

That Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania will be decisive. Especially Pennsylvania. 

I guess that he polls at the time, convinced Hillary otherwise...

Polls....I love 'em!

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Speaking of polls, yesterday was the worst day yet for President Trump: 

1. Another national poll has him down by 14- Thats two in a row. 
2. Down by 16 in Michigan. 
3. Up by 1 in Iowa- a state he won by 10 points last time. 

I suppose the only thing that makes me nervous is that there are 4 1/2 months left and this appears to be his nadir. So still plenty of time for things to change... 

Trump will be fine. The economy is rebounding, the Wuhan Virus is abating, and the public is seeing through the Antifa Insurrection.  This over-reach will drive suburbanites to the gun stores and ballot box in droves.  It will be the biggest political backfire in American history. 

Biden can’t hide in his basement forever.  

The Durham Report is coming.  
 

MAGA

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

She was stupid. She took them for granted, especially Wisconsin. I don’t know what she was doing during that last month. Unforced errors. 

...and Biden is incompetent with a 40 year record of the swamp and failure.....

I hope he goes to those states and let his sharp mind and silver tongue do the rest!

Ahhhh....and then there's ....the debates!!

You are right to worry about the next 4.5 months.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Two parts: 

1. The Constitution makes no mention of the word “polite”. 
2. The Constitution prohibits laws that would interfere with peaceful assembly, but it does not prohibit non peaceful assembly- it permits laws against it but that’s up to the state or federal legislatures- nowhere in the Constitution does it say that non-peaceful assembly is illegal. 
 

So Cuomo is 100% correct on the first part and technically correct on the second part and the slob watching him is wrong. Nor is it especially funny, just kind of dumb. 

The SC in Feiner v. New York held speech can be constitutionally limited based upon the reaction to it, given a content-neutral standard of enforcement.

For #2, New York has laws against non-peaceful assembly.  

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article240.htm

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Speaking of polls, yesterday was the worst day yet for President Trump: 

1. Another national poll has him down by 14- Thats two in a row. 
2. Down by 16 in Michigan. 
3. Up by 1 in Iowa- a state he won by 10 points last time. 

I suppose the only thing that makes me nervous is that there are 4 1/2 months left and this appears to be his nadir. So still plenty of time for things to change... 

Only polls I care about are motivation polls. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The Trump re-election team hard at work all around the country-

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is in favor of taking down a statue of Abraham Lincoln standing with a freed slave.

https://bongino.com/boston-may-remove-abraham-lincoln-statue

Actually Walsh didn't say he was in favor of taking down the Lincoln statue. He just asked for a community discussion, which is not the same thing.  From the link:

Quote

After a petition was launched for its removal, the mayor’s office said that Walsh wants a “community discussion” about its future, and whether a “new statue commemorating the end of slavery should be commissioned to take its place,” said the New York Post, reporting from the Boston Globe.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try not to post in this thread to respect the wishes of most of the posters here (I mistakenly posted a couple times but have mostly been good).

Would the MAGA fans here be OK if I created a shadow thread so that those of us who have been asked not to post in here would be able to respond to posts in here elsewhere?  It seems like you guys might like it because (hopefully) the folks that you consider trolls might not clutter up this thread anymore.  Of course you guys would be welcome to participate in discussions in the shadow thread if you wanted to but that would be your choice.

Just an idea, I won’t do it if the consensus from the pro-Trump contingent is against it.  Let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I try not to post in this thread to respect the wishes of most of the posters here (I mistakenly posted a couple times but have mostly been good).

Would the MAGA fans here be OK if I created a shadow thread so that those of us who have been asked not to post in here would be able to respond to posts in here elsewhere?  It seems like you guys might like it because (hopefully) the folks that you consider trolls might not clutter up this thread anymore.  Of course you guys would be welcome to participate in discussions in the shadow thread if you wanted to but that would be your choice.

Just an idea, I won’t do it if the consensus from the pro-Trump contingent is against it.  Let me know.

A shadow thread is pointless.  I think all Trump supporters want is for those that display unexcellent behavior or want to speak poorly of our President to use different threads to do so.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

A shadow thread is pointless.  I think all Trump supporters want is for those that display unexcellent behavior or want to speak poorly of our President to use different threads to do so.   

There are literally HUNDREDS of Trump bashing threads on this board.   That should be sufficient.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and it wont be long until the mob comes after the religious statues.  We need Trump more than ever.  

How many religious statues are there that on are on city, state or federal property? Not too many, if any, I would imagine as it would seem to violate the implied separation of church and state of the Constitution.

And somehow I think it is highly unlikely that mobs of atheists will be going around tearing down statutes of Jesus on church properties.

Edited by squistion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I try not to post in this thread to respect the wishes of most of the posters here (I mistakenly posted a couple times but have mostly been good).

Would the MAGA fans here be OK if I created a shadow thread so that those of us who have been asked not to post in here would be able to respond to posts in here elsewhere?  It seems like you guys might like it because (hopefully) the folks that you consider trolls might not clutter up this thread anymore.  Of course you guys would be welcome to participate in discussions in the shadow thread if you wanted to but that would be your choice.

Just an idea, I won’t do it if the consensus from the pro-Trump contingent is against it.  Let me know.

I don't mind when people post stuff that paints Trump in a negative light as long as it's not something that is misleading or taken out of context or there isn't another thread on the topic.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...