Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

47 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I try not to post in this thread to respect the wishes of most of the posters here (I mistakenly posted a couple times but have mostly been good).

Would the MAGA fans here be OK if I created a shadow thread so that those of us who have been asked not to post in here would be able to respond to posts in here elsewhere?  It seems like you guys might like it because (hopefully) the folks that you consider trolls might not clutter up this thread anymore.  Of course you guys would be welcome to participate in discussions in the shadow thread if you wanted to but that would be your choice.

Just an idea, I won’t do it if the consensus from the pro-Trump contingent is against it.  Let me know.

You are welcome to try it...but let me glance at my crystal balls....

People post in your new thread in an attempt to rebuke what is posted in this thread..
Receiving crickets....the respondent in your thread feels ignored or his post wasn't seen by the "right people"
His response will get moved to, or quoted in this thread.

...and yes...there are already tons of threads where Trump bashing is accepted and encouraged.

@knowledge dropper created this single thread as the one place an island in a sea of Trump hatred, where a Trump supporter could post his views without that post being shredded by those who suffer from a certain syndrome with a name so vile to others, that it cannot be repeated without threat of suspension.

But hey...what do we have to lose?

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, squistion said:

How many religious statues are there that on are on city, state or federal property? Not too many, if any, I would imagine as it would seem to violate the implied separation of church and state of the Constitution.

And somehow I think it is highly unlikely that mobs of atheists will be going around tearing down statutes of Jesus on church properties.

So the mob has not attacked private property?

1 minute ago, Snotbubbles said:

Interesting.  I've converted my Democratic family over to Trump.  It helps that the Democrats in my State aren't very good.  Lol. 

Gov cooper is done in NC. He wont open bars. The thousands of people who never vote know his name now. He is finished. 

8 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So the mob has not attacked private property?

Yes, and some churches have been vandalized by rioters, mostly spray painted graffiti. However there have been no religious statutes toppled nor has there been calls by anyone involved in the protests to do so. No one has made a connection I am aware of blaming religion or churches for the George Floyd death or the other police involved killings of African Americans.

31 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, and some churches have been vandalized by rioters, mostly spray painted graffiti. However there have been no religious statutes toppled nor has there been calls by anyone involved in the protests to do so. No one has made a connection I am aware of blaming religion or churches for the George Floyd death or the other police involved killings of African Americans.

Yet

8 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Probably should have added some Wuhan Virus pictures but a good ad.  

I was thinking the Obama "magic wand" clip about manufacturing.  Then some stat about how manufacturing was coming back under Trump.  You don't even need that clip from Biden in 2019.

Trump should make another one about all the criminal laws Biden passed then show a stat about the First Step Act.  To me, he should start touting the bad stuff Biden has done in his career and the things he's done to reverse those bad things.

1 minute ago, Snotbubbles said:

I was thinking the Obama "magic wand" clip about manufacturing.  Then some stat about how manufacturing was coming back under Trump.  You don't even need that clip from Biden in 2019.

Trump should make another one about all the criminal laws Biden passed then show a stat about the First Step Act.  To me, he should start touting the bad stuff Biden has done in his career and the things he's done to reverse those bad things.

Plenty of time for that.
You have to give each message time to be absorbed.

As Tim pointed out....4 1/2 months until election day!

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I just wish Trump Derangement Syndrome became a diagnosable condition these days. 

The fact that people judge me based on the candidate I support is so flawed at its core. 

I think the fact that people are willing to disown their family based on political views is shameful and should be classified as a disease. 

When you wake up and go to bed thinking about Trump and oppose everyone who disagrees with your view as immoral, you are the one with the problem.

Emotional and logical reactions to the same situation are rooted in the same desire for progress. Emotional replies also need to be checked. Which is something our society doesnt do. 

I agree with the majority of your post and 95% of your premise.  Where I disagree is the implication that this syndrome points one direction.  It doesn’t and I’d be more apt to call it Political Derangement Syndrome.  The vitriol the right has for the left is palpable (and often on full display here in this thread too). The term “lefty” or “liberal” now has all kinds of connotations that are often meant as an insult.  I say all this not to minimize that there is a large up-swelling of Trump hate (and thus blow back for his supporters), there certainly is,  but only to point out I think it’s indicative of a much larger issues that effects those from all over the political spectrum.  As a life long and native Californian I can attest to the assumptions made about me politically from others.  My wife is from a small town in Minnesota, and her family is as right and red as any GOP member could be. Absent the disowning portion of your post (which early on in our relationship I bet they would have chosen ) the rest held (holds) very true.  And the real kicker, I’m not a Dem nor a liberal, but based on being from Cali and not hardcore right I was(am still) judged harshly.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Opie said:

He is in the same group as those being demonized by the Left while they try to erase them from history.

You know Columbus was a pretty big jerk, right? 

I'm also not understanding how the taking down of a statue erasing somebody from history. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

:coffee:

Rogan O’Handley 🇺🇸

⁦‪@DC_Draino‬⁩

You are FAR, FAR, FAR more likely to be discriminated against at work for being a Trump supporter than for being gay, black, female etc.

6/15/20, 12:32 PM

Not sure how that’s actually qualified but either way isn’t not Ok. Discrimination is toxic

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

:coffee:Rogan O’Handley 🇺🇸 @DC_Draino‬⁩

You are FAR, FAR, FAR more likely to be discriminated against at work for being a Trump supporter than for being gay, black, female etc.

Fwiw the US Supreme Court has protected people from being fired for their political beliefs.

I'm sure you and I and almost everyone here would agree that a person is perfectly capable of doing their job properly, responsibly and professionally regardless of their beliefs, whether they be a painter, grocery clerk, engineer, FBI agent, judge, government official, car salesman, wide receiver or really just about any trade in any walk of life. And just because someone says, writes, texts, emails or posts something privately that shows a particular opinion politically that is not grounds for their firing.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I just wish Trump Derangement Syndrome became a diagnosable condition these days. 

The fact that people judge me based on the candidate I support is so flawed at its core. 

I think the fact that people are willing to disown their family based on political views is shameful and should be classified as a disease. 

When you wake up and go to bed thinking about Trump and oppose everyone who disagrees with your view as immoral, you are the one with the problem.

Emotional and logical reactions to the same situation are rooted in the same desire for progress. Emotional replies also need to be checked. Which is something our society doesnt do. 

I agree.  It's one thing to disagree with policy but the pure unadulterated hate spewed towards Trump & his supporters is unsurpassed.  IMO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Rogan O’Handley 🇺🇸 @DC_Draino‬⁩ 6/15/20, 12:32 PM

That is no truth to that statement and no numbers to back it up.

And how would anyone know you are a Trump supporter, unless you are wearing a MAGA hat or going around announcing it to your coworkers? It is pretty obvious who is black and/or female and not too hard for many folks to pick up on who is gay, even if they haven't come out on the job.

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

And how would anyone know you are a Trump supporter, unless you are wearing a MAGA hat or going around announcing it to your coworkers? It is pretty obvious who is black and/or female and not too hard for many folks to pick up on who is gay, even if they haven't come out on the job.

It’s from Twitter.  Of course it’s true.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zow said:

You know Columbus was a pretty big jerk, right? 

I'm also not understanding how the taking down of a statue erasing somebody from history. 

I never met the man....

You did?

You wouldn't be relying on the historical reports written by Francisco Bobadilla, the man who wrote the indictment of Columbus....a chief, political rival..., would you?

You did actually watch the video where it says that a report written by Bobadilla about Columbus would read much like a Hillary report concerning President Trump after the 2016 election....right?

Seriously, if you hope to refute what is in a video, you should really start by actually watching the video.

But hey....If you actually met Christopher Columbus...who am I to argue about your perception of the man?

And...I would take it that if erecting a statue of someone is to remember and honor that person....tearing it down would serve the opposite intended result.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Rogan O’Handley 🇺🇸

⁦‪@DC_Draino‬⁩

Maybe this crybaby should take his case to the courts :lol:

1 hour ago, squistion said:

just curious on how you can pick up on who is gay?

5 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Van Jones praises President Trump’s executive order on police reform. CNN viewers must have went nuts watching this.

https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/status/1272944942609031168?s=21

I didn't get a chance to read this EO yet but it seems positive. I'm sure whatever he put in this activists will be asking for more because that is what activists do.

Definitely better than what he has done up to this point.

Van Jones is a solid commentator, don't remember why he got bounced out of the politics game but I always like hearing what he has to say. 

1 hour ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

I think a lot of people view Trump supporters that way not necessarily because of political views, it's more about morals. For example, being able to overlook the sexual assaults, constant attacks on other people, pathological lying, etc. He's just a really bad person and people have a hard time grasping how anyone can support a person like that. Granted, it's clear that a lot of Democrats are willing to overlook the same things if it's their candidate so they aren't any better so I guess that's part of the reason why conservatives view liberals in the same way.

I think part of this goes away when we finally move away from the 2 party system. Having only 2 options to choose from leads to so much divisiveness and people get way too wrapped up in everything 'their side' does and then tries to blindly defend everything they do. Yes, there are liberals who want nothing to do with anyone who votes Trump, but there are also plenty conservatives who view Biden supporters in the same way.

I mean just look at our 2 options for President right now. Donald Trump and Joe Biden are garbage candidates yet we have millions of people who insist to defend every move they make and pretend like they're great people to lead the country. I think the majority understand that their side has flaws, but it's very easy to get reeled in to attacking the other side constantly because the majority of people are simply choosing between which party is the best of the worst.

Dont generally agree with you, but good posting.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, djmich said:

You're ok with discrimination?

I would think there are laws to determine if this person was discriminated against. If they were fired or discriminated against they should make a case.

Or they could post on Twitter about it to get likes.

7 minutes ago, The General said:

I would think there are laws to determine if this person was discriminated against. If they were fired or discriminated against they should make a case.

Or they could post on Twitter about it to get likes.

That’s mighty big of you.

1 minute ago, djmich said:

That’s mighty big of you.

Seems like awfully strange and poor timing for Rogan O Handley self described "patriot" to make this point the day after the SC ruled in favor of a LGBTQ discrimination where we know real discrimination took place.

5 hours ago, squistion said:

What?  :lmao:. Good grief Charlie Brown. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The comments are nuts 

These are the same people who joined the mobs and Democrat politicians marching for two weeks without a care in the world.

Now that people are sick of all that, back to your regular scheduled virus they say. Worse than hypocrites.

Just now, Widbil83 said:

These are the same people who joined the mobs and Democrat politicians marching for two weeks without a care in the world.

Now that people are sick of all that, back to your regular scheduled virus they say. Worse than hypocrites.

Yep.

There's few things worse in this world than a proud hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

25 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

We are doomed as a country if Trump loses

Edited by knowledge dropper
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I trust any “Dr” alias on this board currently right now more than I do Dr Fauci. This guy needs to be fired yesterday. 

Fauci is one of the world’s most prominent and respected infectious disease experts and has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases under six presidents in both parties since 1984.

I don't get the hate for Fauci - is it because he wants people to wear a mask?

52 minutes ago, squistion said:

Fauci is one of the world’s most prominent and respected infectious disease experts and has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases under six presidents in both parties since 1984.

I don't get the hate for Fauci - is it because he wants people to wear a mask?

Father Time is still undefeated. 

• Love 1

The three states that helped swing the election for Trump were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  Let's take a current look at the vegas odds for each state:

Wisconsin:
Biden -145
Trump +110

Pennsylvania:
Biden -185
Trump +150

Michigan:
Biden -235
Trump +180

Biden -145 also now favored to win Arizona, which surprises me.  

• Like 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place