Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

12 minutes ago, yak651 said:

You hand deliver your taxes to the IRS also?  I mean you wouldn't want your SS # and person info getting lost or stolen in the mail or thru the internet, right?

When I mailed (used to) mail in my tax returns, I could check and verify that my returns were received and accepted.

Can I do the same with a mail in ballot?

If no...why not?

Edited by Opie

8 minutes ago, yak651 said:

She's definitely cuter than the last couple, and actually shows up vs the last one, but would be nice if she upheld her oath to never lie....

care to list a few?

or...is that just you regurgitating the MSM?

Edited by Opie
  • Laughing 1

55 minutes ago, Opie said:

Just playing the odds.

I don't think you know how math works. There are 3300 robberies on average a day in the US. Florida is averaging around 10k of Covid a day right now. How is it more likely you will be robbed then get Covid?

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Opie said:

I scanned your list and saw lots of in-person voter issues. Yes in a nation of hundreds of millions there will be issues. 1,100 issues out of how many hundreds of millions of votes seems pretty impressive actually. 

If you have mail-in. You get to vote when you want, drop in the mail, track that it has been received.

Why do you want to limit people to waiting in lines, across town, on a Tuesday afternoon, only to have issues there as well.

Really bizarre.

It’s almost like you don’t want everyone to be able to vote. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Opie said:

When I mailed (used to) mail in my tax returns, I could check and verify that my returns were received and accepted.

If no...why not?

You can in my state. Why isn’t this a thing everywhere? It seems people are against it.

I wonder why

He said it out loud :lol: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Opie said:

The IRS was brought up.

How is it that the IRS can verify that your return has been received and accepted and my County Clerk cannot do the same?

Why cant the County Clerk verify to you that your ballot has been received and your vote counted?

We put a man on the moon....we can't do this?

A good article on this

17 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I don't think you know how math works. There are 3300 robberies on average a day in the US. Florida is averaging around 10k of Covid a day right now. How is it more likely you will be robbed then get Covid?

Chinese virus has over a 99% survival rate, so at most 33 people have a chance of a fatal form of Chinese Virus in Florida?  

• Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, The General said:

You can in my state. Why isn’t this a thing everywhere? It seems people are against it.

I wonder why

He said it out loud :lol: 

There's a tweet or video contradicting everything Trump says! The dem's opposition research is led by google.

BTW, Florida is one place where vote by mail may help Republicans.  Those abuelas in Little Havana and Hialeah love vote by mail as much as they love Cafe Bustelo and Goya black beans. 

But our great senators, Rubio and Scott, have as much spine as a chocolate eclaire on the topic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/20200705/point-of-view-its-time-for-florida-sens-rubio-scott-to-step-up-and-protect-our-elections%3ftemplate=ampart

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Friends don’t let friends click on CNN.  

I get you don’t want to read their editorial page but that link was pretty useful to take a look at polls.

You could scroll through a ton of different polls to compare results, clearly dated, easily sortable by states. Is well done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Opie said:

If no...why not?

Yes in fact you do.  Before you get your ballot you get a post card and a text/ email telling you to expect your ballot in the next 2 weeks. After you vote you receive a text/email saying your ballot has been received and a link to check.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but LOFL at the rural guys who think that every trip into the big bad city is like parachuting into an active war zone. We get it, you don't like cities. But the overreactions are hilarious. 

I've had more guns pointed at me in the sticks than I ever have in the city, that's for damn sure. And heard a helluva lot more gunfire out there, too. Never felt generally unsafe in either locale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

8 minutes ago, Herb said:

I'm sorry, but LOFL at the rural guys who think that every trip into the big bad city is like parachuting into an active war zone. We get it, you don't like cities. But the overreactions are hilarious. 

I've had more guns pointed at me in the sticks than I ever have in the city, that's for damn sure. And heard a helluva lot more gunfire out there, too. Never felt generally unsafe in either locale.

I'll take downtown "insert city here" warzone over a suburban Costco on a Saturday afternoon all day, every day.

2 hours ago, The General said:

I get you don’t want to read their editorial page but that link was pretty useful to take a look at polls.

You could scroll through a ton of different polls to compare results, clearly dated, easily sortable by states. Is well done.

I want to know how exactly they're choosing the people who are being polled.  I'm 43 years old (and Republican), and I've never been contacted to answer a poll.  I've asked a bunch of my clients (older, and typically conservative), and they said the same thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Herb said:

If you think those are hilarious, you should see all the overreactions on the PSF at FBGs.  Seriously, check it out sometime.  :)

Just now, gruecd said:

I want to know how exactly they're choosing the people who are being polled.  I'm 43 years old (and Republican), and I've never been contacted to answer a poll.  I've asked a bunch of my clients (older, and typically conservative), and they said the same thing.

I'm sure all the polls they have in that CNN link tell you what their methods are if you look at them each individually. There were a ton of different polls in that link.

34 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

If you think those are hilarious, you should see all the overreactions on the PSF at FBGs.  Seriously, check it out sometime.  :)

:confused:

You are responding to me doing what you just recommended I do after I already did it.

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

Democrats heavily favored to ship the all 3 branches right now. A week or so before the elction I'm going to wager a irresponsible amount of money that they don't.

Reminds me of the time I won a ton by betting against my home team in the playoffs.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:
17 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

Democrats heavily favored to ship the all 3 branches right now. A week or so before the elction I'm going to wager a irresponsible amount of money that they don't.

Reminds me of the time I won a ton by betting against my home team in the playoffs.

I like to call it emotional risk management.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Vikings in '98 Leroy?

Shameful!

• Sad 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place