Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

41 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Why do you think he’s lying?

Same reason those in the Portland thread don’t believe those that live there and witness things. First hand accounts don’t mean anything anymore I guess.  It sucks we can’t take each other on our word anymore.  That leaves zero room for any actual discussion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Same reason those in the Portland thread don’t believe those that live there and witness things. First hand accounts don’t mean anything anymore I guess.  It sucks we can’t take each other on our word anymore.  That leaves zero room for any actual discussion.

We saw videos of thugs in Portland.  Big difference here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

People actually believe that it is not possible for a neighborhood such as this to exist??
Funny!
They do.

Would it make a difference if I taped the drive to my house, accentuating on those flag poles?
Hell...I'll run one up my flagpole and make it four!

I would have to post it on You Tube though....THAT could be a deal breaker.

Edited by Opie
  • Laughing 2

10 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

We saw videos of thugs in Portland.  Big difference here.

Disagree.  My premise of not believing in each other’s word regardless of seeing some videos is valid.

*And for the record I believe both, Opie and the people in Portland reporting what they see where they live.  I don’t think either are lying.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Opie said:

People actually believe that it is not possible for a neighborhood such as this to exist??
Funny!
They do.

Would it make a difference if I taped the drive to my house, accentuating on those flag poles?
Hell...I'll run one up my flagpole and make it four!

I would have to post it on You Tube though....THAT could be a deal breaker.

I’m not saying I don’t believe you, I do. That wasn’t the point of my post.  There are definitely Trump supporters out there who make sure their support known.  

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Disagree.  My premise of not believing in each other’s word regardless of seeing one random video is valid.

*And for the record I believe both, Opie and the people in Portland reporting what they see where they live.  I don’t think either are lying.  

Well we know for 100% certainty there were unlawful rioters who vandalized government property and were hostile towards law enforcement in Portland.  I believe GM and Urbanhack that there were peaceful protesters there too.  

Until Moops can show Opie is lying this is moot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Well we know for 100% certainty there were unlawful rioters who vandalized government property and were hostile towards law enforcement in Portland.  I believe GM and Urbanhack that there were peaceful protesters there too.  

Until Moops can show Opie is lying this is moot.

You’re missing my point. But I don’t have the time or the energy to argue it right now so I’m dropping it. 

22 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’m not saying I don’t believe you, I do. That wasn’t the point of my post.  There are definitely Trump supporters out there who make sure their support known.  

...and many, many more who don't.

I support President Trump but I choose not to display it in my yard.
If polled....I'll lie.

The destructive fools who would retaliate against me and destroy my property simply for my opinion, are on the other side of the debate.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

13 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Admittedly a small sample, and some South Beach liberal bias, but in 2016 I had the same walking path and recall about 2 Trump signs and 2 Hillary signs. This year, so far, 5 Bid=n signs and 0 Trump signs in a 20 block path past homes which go from 1.5 to 40 million for some waterfront homes. Most of these people benefited from tax cuts on the wealthy. 

I don’t think you can make any inferences with that. Trump supporters, aside from the ones that scream it from the mountain side, are generally silent. They will show their support at the ballot box. It’s not popular to say you’re voting for Trump. 

• Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Opie said:

...and many, many more who don't.

I support President Trump but I choose not to display it in my yard.
If polled....I'll lie.

The destructive fools who would retaliate against me and destroy my property simply for my opinion, are on the other side of the debate.

i really like this argument, you know. it's the perfect mix of faux-xenophobia and lack of substance 

"The destructive fools who hold and have held positions of power in society who would incarcerate, oppress and otherwise persecute me and destroy my property simply for my socioeconomic status, religion, criminal status, sexual orientation or race, are on the other side of the debate."

1 hour ago, T J said:

I don’t think you can make any inferences with that. Trump supporters, aside from the ones that scream it from the mountain side, are generally silent. They will show their support at the ballot box. It’s not popular to say you’re voting for Trump. 

Yard signs were an indicator in 2016 that Trump had strong support. And that enthusiasm for Hillary wasn't so strong. My sample is small and perhaps some Trump supporters don't want to acknowledge their support, as you say.

Among my circle of friends, family and acquaintances, I know of none who are switching from Hillary in 2016 to Trump in 2020. But at least 5 who are voting for Biden, after voting for Trump (n=2) or who were too young to vote in 2016 (3 of my nephews and nieces). My 2 nephews in Jacksonville are very vocal on FB about their opposition to Trump. Again, a small sample. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Opie said:

I still have my "Hillary for Prison" sticker in my truck window
(she still wanders, free).

Yup.   How do you feel about that?   Do you think that Trump and Barr failed to drain the swamp?   I mean, they never even pursued charges.

Edited by The Future Champs
"even" for "ever"
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

Yup.   How do you feel about that?   Do you think that Trump and Barr failed to drain the swamp?   I mean, they never even pursued charges.

Of course they've failed to drain the swamp.
It's a pretty daunting task.

Of course, they'll have four more years to make a dent.

The difference between them and a lot of politicians...they haven't let the swamp devour them.

• Laughing 2

22 hours ago, Opie said:

I agree with this.
I still have my "Hillary for Prison" sticker in my truck window
(she still wanders, free).

I live in a dark blue state. When I turn off the main road onto my side streets, I pass three, 20' flag poles, flying TRUMP 2020 flags under the American flag.
(I am not one of them)

I have never seen anything like that around here.

You have multiple houses in your city with 20’ flagpoles in their yards?

• Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

You have multiple houses in your city with 20’ flagpoles in their yards?

Uhm....yes?

Even houses in my very own neighborhood!!  Wow!

Within the city? Maybe even houses with multiple flagpoles....maybe?

I can take the dogs for a walk and pass about a half a dozen..
I've got one myself.

You can buy them ya know....all you have to do to put it up, is dig a hole and pour in some Quickrete.
The really good news is that, once it's up....you can fly a flag!!
Believe it or not, there are places where you can actually fly the flag of your choice....including a Trump 2020 flag.

Is this a shock to you?

Edited by Opie

7 minutes ago, Opie said:

Uhm....yes?

Even multiple houses in my neighborhood.

Within the city? Maybe even houses with multiple flagpoles....maybe?

I can take the dogs for a walk and pass about a half a dozen..
I've got one myself.

You can buy them ya know....all you have to do to put it up, is dig a hole and pour in some Quickrete.

Is this a shock to you?

Yes, maybe it’s a regional thing but I never see 20’ flagpoles at residences around where I live.  Definitely lots of flagpoles attached to houses.  Around here the flags are roughly 50% American flags and 50% college team flags.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Yes, maybe it’s a regional thing but I never see 20’ flagpoles at residences around where I live.  Definitely lots of flagpoles attached to houses.  Around here the flags are roughly 50% American flags and 50% college team flags.

Really?

I mean...they aren't on every corner here but quite a few can be seen.

I had never really thought about it.

You could be a trend-setter!!

Edited by Opie

9 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Lol - no thanks.  I’ll start tracking to see how many I can find.

And I was once again not paying attention to what thread I was in.  /delurk

You see....I just cannot understand that.

I've purchased about four homes in my life and one of the first things that I do when I move in, is to erect a flag pole.
My dad had one at the house in which I grew up and it just seems to me, to be an essential part of my home.

This isn't just a "sign of the times" and it certainly is not political....I put my first one up in 1986 with my first home and have had one in every home since then.
I have an app on my phone that alerts me to days the flag flies at half-mast.

I don't fly a "Trump 2020" flag because that would make it political.
My pole is reserved exclusively for Old Glory and the USMC flag beneath it.

It must be my upbringing.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

22 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:
22 hours ago, the moops said:

:bs:

Why do you think he’s lying?

Because he has proven time and time again that his posts are meant to troll the libs. So I take everyhting that seems to further that cause, as just another obnoxious attempt to derail the thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, the moops said:

Because he has proven time and time again that his posts are meant to troll the libs. So I take everyhting that seems to further that cause, as just another obnoxious attempt to derail the thread

You're in the Trump 2020 HQ thread, if anything is derailing it it would be posts like 

22 hours ago, the moops said:

:bs:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, the moops said:

"Troll the libs".... in the "Trump 2020 HQ-the Great Place" thread? 

Do tell.   :coffee:

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Opie said:

You see....I just cannot understand that.

I've purchased about four homes in my life and one of the first things that I do when I move in, is to erect a flag pole.
My dad had one at the house in which I grew up and it just seems to me, to be an essential part of my home.

This isn't just a "sign of the times" and it certainly is not political....I put my first one up in 1986 with my first home and have had one in every home since then.
I have an app on my phone that alerts me to days the flag flies at half-mast.

I don't fly a "Trump 2020" flag because that would make it political.
My pole is reserved exclusively for Old Glory and the USMC flag beneath it.

It must be my upbringing.

Flag poles at private residences are rare in South Florida, even in conservative arras. At my homes, I would attach a flag pole bracket to the fascia board and fly the flag on veteran's day, memorial day and the fourth. My grand parents did it, so I just followed suit. I've seen plenty of those types of displays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Flag poles at private residences are rare in South Florida, even in conservative arras. At my homes, I would attach a flag pole bracket to the fascia board and fly the flag on veteran's day, memorial day and the fourth. My grand parents did it, so I just followed suit. I've seen plenty of those types of displays.

I suppose that would be true...considering all the lightning in the area and the wind during hurricane events.
I would certainly rethink it if I lived there.  A good residential flagpole cannot withstand any wind over 70 mph...max.
A 45 mph wind can really stain the cheaper ones.

Replacing a snapped-off flagpole is a pain.
Maybe, something that can be taken down when necessary.

Edited by Opie

57 minutes ago, the moops said:

Be better..derail this thread? Have you seen how many Anti-Trumpers post in this thread to try and derail it?

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Laughing 1

6 hours ago, Opie said:

She makes several good points. First, too much Trump coverage. I agree 100%. There are other important things to cover. It doesn’t have to be wall to wall Trump bashing. You are doing precisely what he wants you to do. 

Second, fostering division and amplifying fringe voices for the sake of ratings. Agree here as well. The fringe on both sides of the political spectrum get a disproportional level of coverage. No wonder we think the “other side” is so crazy. All we hear about are the crazies on the other side. They don’t represent the vast majority of Americans that lean left or lean right. But the fringe is good for ratings, as is division and conflict. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Well, you answered a question with a question, but I didn't throw a ? in my post. who do you think it is?   Are you more concerned with what allies think? which is reasonable.

As far as our opponents go...I think we've had a decent "frenemy" relationship with China in the recent past and can still work with them.......but in the long game; we should more wary of them than Russia.  I think Russia under Putin is currently more problematic...but who knows what will happen in that country when he's gone.

I'm more concerned with what our allies think; as I think their opinions on the matter of who they felt was better for their relations with the U.S. would be more honest and with less subterfuge. To me, the best way to ice both Russia and China a bit is to have strong relationships with strategic partners in their "spheres"; Japan, Australia, South Korea, India...... Great Britain, Germany, Poland and France.....cliquing with these countries is very important going forward.

As far as Iran goes......if I were Iran; I wouldn't trust us..... but up until recently; they might have been a decent option to try and court a real relationship in the ME outside of Israel.  

ETA: But if you really want to tilt the ME on its butt....get off of the oil standard. 

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thunderlips said:

As far as our opponents go...I think we've had a decent "frenemy" relationship with China in the recent past and can still work with them.......but in the long game; we should more wary of them than Russia.  I think Russia under Putin is currently more problematic...but who knows what will happen in that country when he's gone.

I'm more concerned with what our allies think; as I think their opinions on the matter of who they felt was better for their relations with the U.S. would be more honest and with less subterfuge. To me, the best way to ice both Russia and China a bit is to have strong relationships with strategic partners in their "spheres"; Japan, Australia, South Korea, India...... Great Britain, Germany, Poland and France.....cliquing with these countries is very important going forward.

As far as Iran goes......if I were Iran; I wouldn't trust us..... but up until recently; they might have been a decent option to try and court a real relationship in the ME outside of Israel.  

interesting. Maybe we should let our allies pick who should be our next president If it's that important to you.

• Laughing 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place