Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

39 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

It is a BFD, hopefully the details will be worked out. Now, Trump might rise to just below Jimmy Carter ranking as president. Biden should've mentioned Carter by name, since he was the original middle East peace maker. 

...but still above Obama.

Of course, all of them are.

But hey....every train needs a caboose!

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knowledge dropper

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• The General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who has ever wondered how authoritarians manage to take power in "modern" democracies, here's your first hand evidence that the USA is not immune. Thankfully it appears that the system is h

Following in the footsteps of Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, and Google Plus, the Footballguys Forum hereby suspends President Trump's posting privileges. The suspension takes effect immediat

Are we sure it isn't Alamo Landscaping?

20 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

This success would be featured more prominently in a normal administration, one without a zillion distractions daily.

Distractions?

Like....a 3 year witch hunt calling the POTUS a "Russian agent"....a "traitor to the US".....a "Nazi"......etc...

I agree 100%

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Opie said:

Distractions?

Like....a 3 year witch hunt calling the POTUS a "Russian agent"....a "traitor to the US".....a "Nazi"......etc...

I agree 100%

I'm referring to Trump's hundreds of senseless tweets, hundreds of easily verifiable lies, promotion of conspiracy theories, financial conflicts, etc. You know, birther 2, Ted Cruz's dad, Veteran's choice, Trump Doral for a conference, etc. It never ends.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I'm referring to Trump's hundreds of senseless tweets, hundreds of easily verifiable lies, promotion of conspiracy theories, financial conflicts, etc. You know, birther 2, Ted Cruz's dad, Veteran's choice, Trump Doral for a conference, etc. It never ends.

That's nice

I'm referring to the 95% negative coverage of him in the MSM along with the Democrats' attempt to sabotage and unseat a duly elected president.

When the move to impeach him began prior to his inauguration...definitely, a distraction

Edited by Opie
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
22 minutes ago, Opie said:

That's nice

I'm referring to the 95% negative coverage of him in the MSM along with the Democrats' attempt to sabotage and unseat a duly elected president.

When the move to impeach him began prior to his inauguration...definitely, a distraction

Poor guy.  I would hope the $139 million on golf we paid for eased those distractions for him.

Edited by JIslander
2 minutes ago, JIslander said:

Poor guy.  I would hope the $139 billion on golf we paid for eased those distractions for him.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Wait....we're you just trying to get a "ORANGE MAN BAD!" shot in there?

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Sad 1
42 minutes ago, Opie said:

That's nice

Current headlines on the Fox news website at 11:11am, a day after the historic agreement between Israel and UAE:

"Trump slammed for not rejecting conspiracy theory Kamala Harris is ineligible for vice presidency."

Even Lindsay Graham says it's a nonsense issue.

Edited by SoBeDad
44 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Current headlines on the Fox news website at 11:11am, a day after the historic agreement between Israel and UAE:

"Trump slammed for not rejecting conspiracy theory Kamala Harris is ineligible for vice presidency."

Even Lindsay Graham says it's a nonsense issue.

Seriously? THAT's the distraction??

THAT distracts you more that a three year campaign to unseat a duly elected president and attempting to jail anyone who associates with him?
Endless subpoenas attempting to dig up anything from your past? 

And still...there's that 95% negative reporting from the MSM.

He's the first Republican to stand up the the MSM and the Democrats and they just cannot deal with it.

Edited by Opie
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, Opie said:

Seriously? THAT's the distraction??

THAT distracts you more that a three year campaign to unseat a duly elected president and attempting to jail anyone who associates with him?

He's the first Republican to stand up the the MSM and the Democrats and they just cannot deal with it.

It’s the top headline on Foxnews :lol:

Lindsey Graham having to be the voice of reason for Trump.

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Opie said:

Seriously?

He’s the most corrupt POTUS with most corrupt admin ... 81 charges.  You reap what you sow.

Edited by JIslander
  • Like 3

The devil is in the details in regards to the UAE/Israel deal.  Maybe this will be the start of something good......and we'll look back on this as the best thing he did in his 4 years.  But there's too many moving pieces in in right now (Palestinian reactions on it/BiBi looking weak to his Right/other Arab Nations actually even acknowledging it)  to call it a win for Trump.

49 minutes ago, JIslander said:

Fixed.  

Oh.....down from 215 indictments to 81 charges....related to the Trump Admin.

"Related"...as in....people who know President Trump?
How many of these charges relate to the actual administration and not just against people for things that are totally unrelated to the dealings of the administration?

You would think if this was true, he'd be impeached....and convicted.

Damn...if only Schiff would hand over that irrefutable evidence that he claims to have.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
36 minutes ago, Opie said:

Oh.....down from 215 indictments to 81 charges....related to the Trump Admin.

"Related"...as in....people who know President Trump?
How many of these charges relate to the actual administration and not just against people for things that are totally unrelated to the dealings of the administration?

You would think if this was true, he'd be impeached....and convicted.

Damn...if only Schiff would hand over that irrefutable evidence that he claims to have.

You really want to parse this out? The circle is wide.   When you are corrupt, you get negative coverage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, JIslander said:

You really want to parse this out? The circle is wide.   When you are corrupt, you get negative coverage. 

Can't do it...because it's a lie.

Your original claim of 215 indictments suddenly dropped to 81 charges....a big difference.
Keep on going.  What were those charges...against who?
How do any of those 81 charges relate to President Trump?

I know that you believe in the premise that, "the more you say it, the more it makes it true" but at one time or another, you may be asked to back it up with facts.

You just keep on believing it.
Don't let any facts ruin your day.

Edited by Opie
  • Laughing 2
27 minutes ago, Opie said:

Your original claim of 215 indictments suddenly dropped to 81 charges....a big difference.

Fwiw I believe in early 2019 the tally was 215 charges, or counts. I think that's what he was referring to. There have been more since, I believe.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
1 hour ago, Opie said:

Can't do it...because it's a lie.

Keep on going.  What were those charges...against who?
How do any of those 81 charges relate to President Trump?

I know that you believe in the premise that, "the more you say it, the more it makes it true" but at one time or another, you may be asked to back it up with facts.

You just keep on believing it.
Don't let any facts ruin your day.

Indictments under recent presidents and the 215 number explained

It’s counting the number of charges vs number of people and also includes the 25 Russians indicted for election interference in 2015, but even if you lower the number to 80 or 60 or 40 it’s still a lot of indictments, isn’t it?

Edited by Snorkelson
Rated 1/2 true
1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Indictments under recent presidents and the 215 number explained

It’s counting the number of charges vs number of people and also includes the 25 Russians indicted for election interference in 2015, but even if you lower the number to 80 or 60 or 40 it’s still a lot of indictments, isn’t it?

The allegation was that there were 215 indictments of those related to the Trump Administration.

What I see here is 34 indictments (25 Russians) ....of that, only 6 were in Trumps "orbit"....NOT his administration
"However, 25 of the people indicted are Russian nationals or Russian intelligence officers. Only six of the 34 indicated are in Trump’s orbit"
....and this is from the link that you posted.

We went from "215 indictments related to the Trump Admin" to 6 indictments from Trump's orbit.....NONE of which were connected to Trump himself.

....but I guess that's how you guys work when it comes to the truth.
You guys could be "journalists".  :excited:

I know I'm impressed.   :coffee:

Edited by Opie
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
23 minutes ago, Opie said:

NONE of which were connected to Trump himself.

One campaign manager, one campaign consultant who was Trump's mentor and the original de facto campaign manager, the campaign treasurer and deputy campaign manager, the personal attorney, the National Security Advisor who was also campaign foreign policy director. That's very connected.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

One campaign manager, one campaign consultant who was Trump's mentor and the original de facto campaign manager, the campaign treasurer and deputy campaign manager, the personal attorney, the National Security Advisor who was also campaign foreign policy director. That's very connected.

Administration?

Not.

So, we're conceding that the 215 number was BS?

Edited by Opie
25 minutes ago, Opie said:

The allegation was that there were 215 indictments of those related to the Trump Administration.

What I see here is 34 indictments (25 Russians) ....of that, only 6 were in Trumps "orbit"....NOT his administration
"However, 25 of the people indicted are Russian nationals or Russian intelligence officers. Only six of the 34 indicated are in Trump’s orbit"

We went from "215 indictments related to the Trump Admin" to 6 indictments from Trump's orbit.....NONE of which were connected to Trump himself.

He hasn’t surrounded himself with a super duper number of corrupt people, just a lot.

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Flynn was definitely administration.

Yes he was....That's one (1).....and was fired as soon as he found out that he lied to Pence.

Now, let's revisit that "215 indictments of those related to the Trump Administration"

Edited by Opie
3 minutes ago, Opie said:

So, we're conceding that the 215 number was BS?

The 215 charges number (through early 2019) is real. Do you want to go through the connections to the administration? I'm interested myself.

Also I'd consider inaugural committee and transition part of the "administration."

1 minute ago, Opie said:

Now, let's revisit that "215 indictments of those related to the Trump Administration"

I'm happy to talk about this (I'm genuinely interested) but I think you can come off pretending not to understand the indictments vs charges/counts issue now. That's been made really clear.

1 hour ago, Opie said:

I wasn’t trying to refute you, I was trying to find out the information for myself and shared it to clear up the argument. Don’t be such a #### all the time.

Edited by Snorkelson
Hardly total exoneration
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else wanna see @SaintsInDome2006 and @Opie :boxing:over the "facts?"

:payperviewsubscribe:

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to stir the pot here, I legit think this would be awesome, as I respect both of these posters (for far different reasons) and I'm positive I'd learn a few things.

• Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, Herb said:

Anyone else wanna see @SaintsInDome2006 and @Opie :boxing:over the "facts?"

:payperviewsubscribe:

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to stir the pot here, I legit think this would be awesome, as I respect both of these posters (for far different reasons) and I'm positive I'd learn a few things.

The link over load might shut the forum down.  

• Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, Opie said:

So, anyone who has received a paycheck from any Trump organization, is (was) in the Trump Administration?

Pretty much. Basically, if you walked past Trump for any reason that would be enough to put you in his cabinet and a close confident of his.

3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I wasn’t trying to refute you, I was trying to find out the information for myself and shared it to clear up the argument. Don’t be such a #### all the time.

I'm sorry....but posting an opposing view here sometimes makes one feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
25 minutes ago, Opie said:

I'm sorry....but posting an opposing view here sometimes makes one feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

We are capable of having constructive conversations here, we’ve proven that. I wish we would all tone it down and be more objective. Quit thinking everyone thinks alike. This argument in particular was stupid- as we easily could all see from the link how the 215 number is derived, it is inflated and it is explained how. It’s still bad; you can’t really argue some of these men don’t have close ties to trump and worked in his campaign, but that number is misleading. One of them got his sentence commuted. A few guys with a lot of charges, and some russian guys who have no ties to the campaign other than harvesting the information used to help them later.   It’s still not a great record though. 

Edited by Snorkelson
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Blinders. Gotta keep 'em on if ya support DJT even one tiny little iota. At least take 'em off and wash 'em once in a while. The real world might open up to ya. Might.

I don't want to support Trump especially in a swing state. I despise him. Even as a really moderate Republican for small government/2nd amendment/pro capitalism reasons I wrote in Mitt Romney/voted down ballot Red in 2016 and by Democrat standards I don't hate Biden. He's a decent guy and relatively moderate.

But when his side believes me to be inferior and seeks to deprive me of opportunity solely on the basis of my race (Asian) I see no other choice.  And then throw in Kamala being that close to being president

Still genuinely undecided between Trump and just voting down ballot but how can any self respecting person vote for the party that cheers this on:

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html

"African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.

“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.”

"Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.""

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/new-chart-illustrates-graphically-racial-preferences-for-blacks-and-hispanics-being-admitted-to-us-medical-schools/

24-26 MCAT and 3.2-3.39 GPA: 

Acceptance rates by race: Black-56%, Hispanic-31%, White-8%, Asian-6%

27-29 MCAT and 3.4-3.59 GPA:

Black-81%. Hispanic-60%, White-29%, Asian-21%

30-32 MCAT and 3.6-3.79 GPA: 

Black-94%, Hispanic-83%, White-63%, Asian-58%

I try my best to support efforts against racism and support many aspects of the black lives matter movement (not the organization though) and be sensitive to the need for police reform (definitely not abolition/defunding) and the systemic racism in enforcement of drug laws and criminal justice. I show my displeasure with scumbags like Joe Arpaio for their concrete actions of racism against Hispanics such as in that Arizona house bill years ago

And what do I get?

Who seems to be the only institution ever speaking up for me and defending the idea of merit?

Oh right the Republican Party and somehow Donald J. Trump's Department of Justice

While the one branding themselves the party of diversity and immigrants tries to make America into the country my mom fled from as a little girl (Bernie Sanders, AOC, Ilhan Omar mainly) and is busy speaking up reparations, for people who throw grenades into courthouses and championing free healthcare for ILLEGAL immigrants, with its leaders like privileged white woman Liz Warren praising the morality of affirmative action to millions of Asians (and whites) studying like dogs in the face of crippling cultural and parental pressure and often ending up with lifelong mental health problems as a result---while simultaneous cheating the system herself as a "woman of color" (rules for thee not for me)

So yeah: this pro choice, pro gay, vegetarian, pro legal immigration, anti government spying, anti war, environmentalist (though not Green New Deal bs), pro drug legalization, anti death penalty, pro mask (shouldn't even need to be said) POC son of two Asian immigrants (who are definitely voting Trump) will definitely vote Republican and consider Trump long before I ever vote for the people that--while claiming to champion immigrants--in fact spit on the faces of legal immigrants that achieve the American Dream by becoming doctors and later small business owners against all obstacles (mom was born in a zero bedroom flat that held 7 people in an unstable communist country--knew zero English until age 14--and dad in a home with zero indoor plumbing--couldn't speak fluently until age 24) while coming to an America that was not nearly as tolerant as today. And Democrats' actions? Call them privileged products of a racist system designed for their benefit (lmao), seek to rip away everything they toiled a lifetime of 90+ hour workweeks to earn with tax rates to, and racially discriminate against their children in the name of "fairness"

Donald Trump is a despicable man, not conservative, a petulant child with his temper tantrums, has handled the virus horribly and may be damaging the Republican Party in the long run in the face of changing demographics. I am still not convinced the best thing for the future of American conservatism isn't for him to be beaten soundly so the GOP can move to a less polarizing and immature mouthpiece and perhaps a more moderate/fiscal conservative platform--which is why I am not sure about voting for him despite agreeing with a large part of what he had done policy wise before the pandemic

But before accusing others of having blinders on take a moment to consider the bubble you are in (applies to the hardcore pro Trump crowd too and everyone really) and whether insulting people you don't know is the best way to achieve your goals (didn't work for Hillary)

Edited by KChusker
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, KChusker said:

I don't want to support Trump especially in a swing state. I despise him. Even as a really moderate Republican for small government/2nd amendment/pro capitalism reasons I wrote in Mitt Romney/voted down ballot Red in 2016 and by Democrat standards I don't hate Biden. He's a decent guy and relatively moderate.

But when his side believes me to be inferior and seeks to deprive me of opportunity solely on the basis of my race (Asian) I see no other choice.  And then throw in Kamala being that close to being president

Still genuinely undecided between Trump and just voting down ballot but how can any self respecting person vote for the party that cheers this on:

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html

"Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.""

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/new-chart-illustrates-graphically-racial-preferences-for-blacks-and-hispanics-being-admitted-to-us-medical-schools/

I try my best to support efforts against racism and support many aspects of the black lives matter movement (not the organization though) and be sensitive to the need for police reform (definitely not abolition/defunding) and the systemic racism in enforcement of drug laws and criminal justice. I show my displeasure with scumbags like Joe Arpaio for their concrete actions of racism against Hispanics such as in that Arizona house bill years ago

And what do I get?

Who seems to be the only institution ever speaking up for me and defending the idea of merit?

Oh right the Republican Party and somehow Donald J. Trump's Department of Justice

While the one branding themselves the party of diversity and immigrants tries to make America into the country my mom fled from as a little girl (Bernie Sanders, AOC, Ilhan Omar mainly) and is busy speaking up reparations, for people who throw grenades into courthouses and championing free healthcare for ILLEGAL immigrants, with its leaders like privileged white woman Liz Warren praising the morality of affirmative action to millions of Asians (and whites) studying like dogs in the face of crippling cultural and parental pressure and often ending up with lifelong mental health problems as a result---while simultaneous cheating the system herself as a "woman of color" (rules for thee not for me)

So yeah: this pro choice, pro gay, vegetarian, pro legal immigration, anti government spying, anti war, environmentalist (though not Green New Deal bs), pro drug legalization, anti death penalty, pro mask (shouldn't even need to be said) POC son of two Asian immigrants (who are definitely voting Trump) will definitely vote Republican and consider Trump long before I ever vote for the people that--while claiming to champion immigrants--in fact spit on the faces of legal immigrants that achieve the American Dream by becoming doctors and later small business owners against all obstacles (mom was born in a zero bedroom flat that held 7 people in an unstable communist country--knew zero English until age 14--and dad in a home with zero indoor plumbing--couldn't speak fluently until age 24) while coming to an America that was not nearly as tolerant as today. And Democrats' actions? Call them privileged products of a racist system designed for their benefit (lmao), seek to rip away everything they toiled a lifetime of 90+ hour workweeks to earn with tax rates to, and racially discriminate against their children in the name of "fairness"

Donald Trump is a despicable man, not conservative, a petulant child with his temper tantrums, has handled the virus horribly and may be damaging the Republican Party in the long run in the face of changing demographics. I am still not convinced the best thing for the future of American conservatism isn't for him to be beaten soundly so the GOP can move to a less polarizing and immature mouthpiece and perhaps a more moderate/fiscal conservative platform--which is why I am not sure about voting for him despite agreeing with a large part of what he had done policy wise before the pandemic

But before accusing others of having blinders on take a moment to consider the bubble you are in (applies to the hardcore pro Trump crowd too and everyone really) and whether insulting people you don't know is the best way to achieve your goals (didn't work for Hillary)

Damn dude, where have you been hiding?

Awesome posts from you the last couple of days, keep 'em coming! You are single handedly raising the level of discourse in this forum. Thank you for sharing. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
11 hours ago, KChusker said:

And what do I get?

Valid points, except why mention vegetarian? 

I approve of affirmative action, but would use something like the  Area Deprivation Index, which is based on census tract level data, to implement it. The ADI has been used in medical outcomes research for 10 years or so. It's based on education, employment, income, poverty and housing characteristics. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Valid points, except why mention vegetarian? 

I approve of affirmative action, but would use something like the  Area Deprivation Index, which is based on census tract level data, to implement it. The ADI has been used in medical outcomes research for 10 years or so. It's based on education, employment, income, poverty and housing characteristics. 

I agree on the ADI for affirmative action

Vegetarians are usually associated with being tree hugging progressives from my experience (not that they should be)

4 minutes ago, Opie said:

That nasty ol' President Trump is at it again!!

How can you trust a guy like this?

Pretty weak donation from someone that's taking hundreds of millions from US taxpayers to play golf almost every weekend. 

Epstein gave millions to Harvard and other Universities. 

• Like 1
  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place