Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Clayton Gray said:

Actually, "Spamming" is the default option when issuing a suspension. Sometimes, there isn't a category that really fits the offense -- likely because "You're being an obnoxious tool; please stop it" isn't a option in the drop-down menu, so the person issuing the suspension just leaves the default option.

Sorry for the confusion.

Breaking my rule (again) and posting here - this explains a lot :bag:

Thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Good ol Russia. 
 

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/rep/releases/chairman-graham-releases-information-from-dni-ratcliffe-on-fbis-handling-of-crossfire-hurricane

 

Remember back to all the time dedicated to the Russia hoax and all the times we heard “this is it, he’s done!”. Truly amazing, here we are...2020. 

Strangely this hasn’t been posted in the Russia thread yet by the usual suspects. :whistle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:
2 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Good ol Russia. 
 

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/rep/releases/chairman-graham-releases-information-from-dni-ratcliffe-on-fbis-handling-of-crossfire-hurricane

 

Remember back to all the time dedicated to the Russia hoax and all the times we heard “this is it, he’s done!”. Truly amazing, here we are...2020. 

Strangely this hasn’t been posted in the Russia thread yet by the usual suspects. :whistle:

Senate Republicans on the Intel Committee rejected this memo because it is unverified. In declassifying it, Ratcliffe notes “The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”

 Trump's spy chief just released 'Russian disinformation' against Hillary Clinton that he acknowledged may be fabricated

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Senate Republicans on the Intel Committee rejected this memo because it is unverified. In declassifying it, Ratcliffe notes “The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”

 Trump's spy chief just released 'Russian disinformation' against Hillary Clinton that he acknowledged may be fabricated

Then why would John Brennan brief Obama? That’s all the verification we need. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judging by the reaction of the Left it’s not looking like a good night for Joe. 
 

“I’ve done more in 47 months than you have done in 47 years.” 
 

Landed that haymaker and it’s completely true. Trump isn’t my personality preference but Biden is the poster boy career politician that has never done anything but use DC to get rich. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

This really sums up Sleppy Joe’s career in DC

Yep. Look at all the posters in the other thread saying no more debates, that shows you how tonight went. They don’t want any more of Biden’s record highlighted, just need to keep him in the basement as the guy that’s not Trump. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Him refusing to answer the question about stacking the SCOTUS might be his death knell.  I know a lot of people that won't consider him if that's even a possibility.

That, eliminating the filibuster, and essentially packing the Senate by adding two states to add four D's to the Senate is the game plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Didn’t Biden start out the debate saying something like he is the Democratic Party?  However, later in the debate he wants no part of talking to Democrat mayors and governors about riots?

He's the entire party, but since he's not elected yet, he hasn't taken those steps.  You can't have it both ways.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the good Dr Gorka on Twitter 

@Sebgorka

Biggest consequences of tonight: 

-@AOC and her Green New Deal were rejected by Sleepy @JoeBiden so the Democrats base will revolt 

- Thanks to President @realDonaldTrump’s stones, Hunter Biden’s corruption is back on the menu.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Him refusing to answer the question about stacking the SCOTUS might be his death knell.  I know a lot of people that won't consider him if that's even a possibility.

Are those voting for him ethically really going to be against it or will they make some excuse for it as usual if it benefits them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BREAKING: Joe Biden falsely claims Antifa is simply 'an idea'

This despite the fact that the anti-fascist movement has mobilized across the nation in Democratic-led cities while organizing on social media.

During the presidential face-off, former Vice President Joe Biden claimed that "Antifa is an idea not an organization."

This despite the fact that the anti-fascist movement has mobilized across the nation in Democratic-led cities while organizing on social media.

The Post Millennial's editor-at-large Andy Ngo pointed out that "Rose City Antifa is a group," also the name of the attackers in his brutal assault last year in downtown Portland.

"Antifa Seven Hills is a group. Antifa Sacramento is a group. Atlanta Antifascists is a group. Youth Liberation Front is a group. There are many, many antifa groups. And they are violent," Ngo informed.

Prior to this, moderator Chris Wallace and Biden cornered Trump to denounce right-wing extremists and white supremacists.

"Somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left," Trump volleyed, "because this is not a right-wing problem. This is a left-wing problem."

That's when Biden claimed that Antifa is simply an "idea, not an organization, not militia."

On "reimagining policing," Wallace asked Biden if he supports the Black Lives Matter call for "community control of policing."

"What I support is the police having the opportunity to deal with the problems they face. I'm totally opposed to defunding the police officers," Biden asserted, then purporting a need for "more assistance" through accompanying psychologists and psychiatrists present "to keep [police] from having to use force and being able to talk people down."

Trump called out the euphemism. "That's talking about defunding the police. He has no law enforcement support."

Then when Trump asked Biden to name a law enforcement organization that supports him, the Democratic presidential nominee froze.

"Name one group that came out and supported you," Trump snapped. "Think. We have time." Deflecting, Biden claimed "we don't have time to do anything."

Wallace saved Biden, speechless at the moment, to "take back the moderator role."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow President Trump cleaned up on the Telemundo and C-SPAN polls. 


Kayleigh McEnany@kayleighmcenany

VERDICT: President @realDonaldTrump WINS ‼️

CSPAN: Trump (53% Trump; 29% Biden)

Telemundo: Trump (66% Trump; 34% Biden)

CNN: Trump (3 votes Trump; 1 vote Biden of decided voters)

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1311155585056817160?s=21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Wow President Trump cleaned up on the Telemundo and C-SPAN polls. 


Kayleigh McEnany@kayleighmcenany

VERDICT: President @realDonaldTrump WINS ‼️

CSPAN: Trump (53% Trump; 29% Biden)

Telemundo: Trump (66% Trump; 34% Biden)

CNN: Trump (3 votes Trump; 1 vote Biden of decided voters)

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1311155585056817160?s=21

Biden refused to answer any questions and disrespected the President.  Yuuuuge win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fact Check: Transcript Shows Trump Did Not ‘Refuse’ To ‘Denounce’ Or ‘Condemn’ White Supremacy At Debate

Emily Jashinsky

Here’s a sampling of headlines in major news outlets that purported to capture an exchange on white supremacy between President Trump, Joe Biden, and moderator Chris Wallace during Tuesday night’s debate.

Trump refuses to denounce white supremacy, says ‘stand back and stand by’ on Proud Boys movement

Trump sidesteps call to condemn white supremacists, points to extremism on the left

‘Stand back and stand by.’ During debate, President Trump again refuses to condemn white supremacists

Donald Trump refuses to condemn white supremacists at presidential debate

Trump Refuses to Condemn White Supremacy, Instead Telling Far-Right Group: ‘Stand Back and Stand By’

Trump does not condemn white supremacy, tells far right group Proud Boys to ‘stand by’

Trump Refuses To Condemn White Supremacists — Tells Proud Boys To ‘Stand By’

Now compare those headlines to the transcript they claim to describe, and pay particular attention to Trump’s first response, which the bulk of the coverage glosses over.

WALLACE: “Are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups…”

TRUMP: “Sure…”

WALLACE: “And to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha, and as we’ve seen in Portland”

TRUMP: “Sure, I’m prepared to do it, but I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing not from the right-wing. I’m willing to do anything, I want to see peace…”

WALLACE: “Then do it, sir.”

BIDEN: “Do it, say it.”

TRUMP: “What do you want to call them? Give me a name.”

WALLACE: “White supremacists and right-wing militias”

BIDEN: “Proud Boys”

Trump: “Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left.”

It is absolutely accurate that Trump told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by.” I, like many others, interpret that statement to be insufficiently critical (although personally I think it had to do more with Trump’s sloppy speaking style and hostility towards the question than any nefarious motivations). My interpretation, however, does not constitute a fact.

The fact is that Wallace specifically asked Trump if he was “willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups,” and Trump immediately replied, “Sure.” That is incontrovertible. It is not an interpretation. It is also not reflected whatsoever in the headlines that are currently blaring incorrect information to millions of readers.

The counterargument is that Trump’s statement on the Proud Boys was not a condemnation, thus it’s accurate to say he “refused to condemn white supremacy” on the basis that the Proud Boys are a proxy for it. When asked clearly to condemn white supremacy, however, Trump said “sure.” The coverage, then, should reflect that he condemned white supremacy, even if it also reports on the Proud Boys line.

That line is still murky. Is telling them to “stand back” not a condemnation? If so, did he undercut “stand back” with “stand by”? Trump is not an easy politician to cover because he doesn’t speak like a normal politician. Nevertheless, the fact remains that he said “sure” when asked directly to condemn white supremacists. I’m of the opinion that interpreting it as a “refusal” is wrong, but either way he condemned white supremacists in the first part of his exchange with Wallace.

It’s as simple as that. Maybe you think “sure” is insufficient or indicative of a deeper disinterest in the issue. Maybe you think there’s a difference between being “willing” to do something and actually doing it. (If, like George Conway, that’s your take, you still have to explain whether being “willing” to do something is the same as “refusing.”) Maybe you think Trump’s “stand back and stand by” line was almost encouraging. Some people probably saw it as a condemnation. Others may have been displeased. These are all opinions. They are not facts.

Stating as a fact that Trump did not “condemn” white supremacy during the debate is misinformation, plain and simple. He was asked directly to condemn white supremacists, and he did.

The coverage of this exchange is a depressing case study in why the media deserves growing public distrust. These headlines reflect anti-Trump interpretations of the moment, not the reality of what Trump explicitly said—and on an extremely serious issue about which voters deserve to know the absolute truth.

Emily Jashinsky is culture editor at The Federalist. You can follow her on Twitter @emilyjashinsky .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

The Proud Boys believe Trump's comments in the debate are a vote of approval. Are they misunderstanding? Trump can set the record straight in a NY minute with an unambiguous tweet.

Not at all. Hard to interpret Trumps words of" Stand up and stand by" as anything else but a stamp of approval, and they have.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1311276026492846082

Proud Boys celebrate Trump’s ‘stand by’ remark about them at the debate. - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-proud-boys-biden.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The allegiance to Trump is still strong here.  I haven't seen too many of his supporters actually say that he had a good debate last night.  The overwhelming amount of comments have been negative on how he did.  This isn't to say that Biden was much better though, only that Trump did not blow him out of the water as expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

The Proud Boys believe Trump's comments in the debate are a vote of approval. Are they misunderstanding? Trump can set the record straight in a NY minute with an unambiguous tweet.

Here we go with the false talking point about expecting the President of the United States to run around correcting any and all fringe group's responses.  You know why he doesn't and shouldn't?  Because all the violence and rioting in the streets is from Antifa and BLM.  As soon as we hear anything, anything at all about the Dems condemning those organizations the right can write off the non-consequential alt-right groups as an after thought.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Here we go with the false talking point about expecting the President of the United States to run around correcting any and all fringe group's responses.  You know why he doesn't and shouldn't?  Because all the violence and rioting in the streets is from Antifa and BLM.  As soon as we hear anything, anything at all about the Dems condemning those organizations the right can write off the non-consequential alt-right groups as an after thought.  

They are so desperate to cling to the racist false narrative, very sad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Here we go with the false talking point about expecting the President of the United States to run around correcting any and all fringe group's responses.  You know why he doesn't and shouldn't?  Because all the violence and rioting in the streets is from Antifa and BLM.  As soon as we hear anything, anything at all about the Dems condemning those organizations the right can write off the non-consequential alt-right groups as an after thought.  

Biden has issued multiple statements denouncing violent protests since May. And Biden has specifically condemned Antifa (per Fox News)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-antifa-violent-protests

Biden condemns Antifa, violence 'across the board' amid riots

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he condemns violence "across the board," including from Antifa, when he was asked about it during a local TV interview Monday.

"I've condemned it across the board," Biden told Pennsylvania's WGAL News 8 in an interview Monday, referring to violence during protests. "The president still hasn't condemned the far-right folks coming out and protesting and using violence."

"Do you condemn Antifa?" reporter Barbara Barr asked Biden.

"Yes, I do, violence no matter who it is," he replied.

[...]

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Breitbart had it 85% to 15% Trump.   People love a strong leader.  

Nice random unbiased sample from Breitbart.

Merkel and Jacinda Ahern come to mind when I think of strength.  Stronger than Trump at defeating the invisible virus. I prefer my leaders who try to unite rather than divide. Why are Trump's unfavorables matched only by Hillary?

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, squistion said:

Biden has issued multiple statements denouncing violent protests since May. And Biden has specifically condemned Antifa (per Fox News)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-antifa-violent-protests

Biden condemns Antifa, violence 'across the board' amid riots

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he condemns violence "across the board," including from Antifa, when he was asked about it during a local TV interview Monday.

"I've condemned it across the board," Biden told Pennsylvania's WGAL News 8 in an interview Monday, referring to violence during protests. "The president still hasn't condemned the far-right folks coming out and protesting and using violence."

"Do you condemn Antifa?" reporter Barbara Barr asked Biden.

"Yes, I do, violence no matter who it is," he replied.

[...]

Sounds like he did not specifically condemn Antifa.   He could stop this insurrection anytime he wanted to as the self appointed leader of the Democrat Party.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This guy gets it. :thumbup:
 

“Biden got away with endless lies and cheap shots.  The questions were mostly asked from a left perspective  ("the science of climate change," what's wrong with "critical race theory" training," etc.) and Biden went unchallenged by the moderator far too often.   For example, for months Biden was silent about the riots, he has no real plan for the coronavirus, he supports public funding for abortion, etc.  I'd also be interested in seeing the time allocation as well as it certainly seemed to me that Biden had more time.  The president had to force his way into the discussion at times, he was quite good on specifics and getting his issues into the debate.  Biden unleashed repeated personal attacks, including resorting to name-calling,  like "clown," "racist," "shut up," etc.  And Biden looked 10-years older than his 77 years.  More thoughts tomorrow.”

——. Mark Levin

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Sounds like he did not specifically condemn Antifa.   He could stop this insurrection anytime he wanted to as the self appointed leader of the Democrat Party.   

:mellow:

"Do you condemn Antifa?" reporter Barbara Barr asked Biden.

"Yes, I do, violence no matter who it is," he replied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, squistion said:

Biden has issued multiple statements denouncing violent protests since May. And Biden has specifically condemned Antifa (per Fox News)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-condemns-antifa-violent-protests

Biden condemns Antifa, violence 'across the board' amid riots

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he condemns violence "across the board," including from Antifa, when he was asked about it during a local TV interview Monday.

"I've condemned it across the board," Biden told Pennsylvania's WGAL News 8 in an interview Monday, referring to violence during protests. "The president still hasn't condemned the far-right folks coming out and protesting and using violence."

"Do you condemn Antifa?" reporter Barbara Barr asked Biden.

"Yes, I do, violence no matter who it is," he replied.

[...]

He didn't straight out denounce and cut ties with Antifa and BLM.  He could set the record straight in a Delaware minute with an unambiguous tweet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, squistion said:

And then what happened?

Here is how you do it:  Let me know when it happens on the left, which is doing all the rioting and killing.

Quote

“This is not a group I want to energize.  And if they are energized I want to look into that and find out why.”, Trump responded. “I condemn them.  I disavow and I condemn.”

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

There are no ties to cut with either.

Wallace: If I might finish the question, what does re-imagining policing mean and do you support the Black Lives Matter call for community control of policing?

Biden: almost a full 90 second response without mentioning BLM.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Wallace: If I might finish the question, what does re-imagining policing mean and do you support the Black Lives Matter call for community control of policing?

Biden: almost a full 90 second response without mentioning BLM.

Which doesn't prove he has any ties with them (as you claim).

Edited by squistion
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Here is how you do it:  Let me know when it happens on the left, which is doing all the rioting and killing.

That was from 2016 and doesn't name any specific group. Just a general denunciation of "alt-right supporters"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/11/22/donald-trump-tells-new-york-times-alt-right-not-group-want-energize/dKeDMcCULAJ23k2YJJ7pdM/story.html

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, squistion said:

That was from 2016 and doesn't name any specific group. Just a general denunciation of "alt-right supporters"

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/11/22/donald-trump-tells-new-york-times-alt-right-not-group-want-energize/dKeDMcCULAJ23k2YJJ7pdM/story.html

 

You are clinging to a false narrative that everyone in here sees through, please stop flooding this thread with these falsehoods. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...