Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place

34 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Anyone see this at Breitbart?

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/10/01/washington-post-tweets-after-trump-coronavirus-news-imagine-what-it-will-be-like-to-never-have-to-think-about-trump-again/

Washington Post Tweets After Trump Coronavirus News: ‘Imagine What It Will Be Like to Never Have to Think About Trump Again’;  

Wow, truly disgusting of them to post that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

It was tasteless regardless of when it was posted.  Par for the course for biased media though

It was an op-ed opinion piece which was not referencing directly or indirectly Trump's health or testing positive for COVID-19. I imagine it was speculating about life in this country for Democrats after Trump leaves office (most of us are just burned out from the daily drama, name calling, lies and histrionics). As such it wouldn't be tasteless in that context IMO.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Wow, truly disgusting of them to post that. 

Posted prior to the announcement, specific to an oped, that had nothing to do about covid. Non-news with the exception that automated automated social media programs are not sensitive to extenuating circumstances in real-time (every major company uses them).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, EZD222 said:

Posted prior to the announcement, specific to an oped, that had nothing to do about covid. Non-news with the exception that automated automated social media programs are not sensitive to extenuating circumstances in real-time (every major company uses them).

News people work really hard to get the most attention grabbing headline and then forget completely what that headline is and when they scheduled it to be release as soon as they push the button.  That's your defense?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

News people work really hard to get the most attention grabbing headline and then forget completely what that headline is and when they scheduled it to be release as soon as they push the button.  That's your defense?

Pretty much. Critique the actual oped if your going for substance and meaning. (or the response time to pull it down...that falls on your PR team). Headlines are meant for clicks plain and simple.

You could literally say the same argument when Trump retweeted the Time's article that was misconstrued to him winning elections beyond 2020 when in fact the article was focused on his influence beyond his two terms.

Edited by EZD222
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, HellToupee said:

Not relating to this thread , just the psf , there are  people posting here with some serious issues. I’d hate to go through life like them. I really would, serious issues . 

Dude, you're telling me.  Try starting the season with ALL THREE of your starting WRs hurt.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tonydead said:

There's always an excuse sadly, never changes even in these circumstances. 

20 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Do you really think the person who wrote the piece literally "pushes the button" in the middle of the night?

24 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Change "News People" to any CPG, media, travel, apparel, tech, fortune 500 company's social media/PR group. You should contact your company's PR/social team and ask them what their program, agency is and protocol. I've been at companies where some of these posts are scheduled weeks out.

• Like 2

Trump campaign: "All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed," and events "involving members of the First Family are also being temporarily postponed."

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Trump campaign: "All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed," and events "involving members of the First Family are also being temporarily postponed."

Follow-up:  Pence will continue his schedule of campaign events.

49 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Not relating to this thread , just the psf , there are  people posting here with some serious issues. I’d hate to go through life like them. I really would, serious issues . 

The behavior in here after today's news is something, but after the behavior the last 4 years are you really surprised? Par for the course. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

The behavior in here after today's news is something, but after the behavior the last 4 years are you really surprised? Par for the course. 

No surprise at all . The stasi swoops in and erases the worst posts and march on keeping the likeminded offenders posting

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

No surprise at all . The stasi swoops in and erases the worst posts and march on keeping the likeminded offenders posting

For real, it’s just like in Poltergeist, “you removed the headstones but left the bodies!” The same half dozen people are continuously allowed to haunt this place.

1 hour ago, EZD222 said:

Change "News People" to any CPG, media, travel, apparel, tech, fortune 500 company's social media/PR group. You should contact your company's PR/social team and ask them what their program, agency is and protocol. I've been at companies where some of these posts are scheduled weeks out.

:mellow:  They admitted the article was written yesterday.

Edited by tonydead
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

“Abundance of caution.” I don’t like this at all. :no:

Think about it though. If you’re a doctor with the responsibility of the health of the President, you want him in the hospital. That way you can do IVs, check his oxygen levels, etc. Of course it makes sense, and it doesn’t necessarily tell us that he’s in poor shape. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Think about it though. If you’re a doctor with the responsibility of the health of the President, you want him in the hospital. That way you can do IVs, check his oxygen levels, etc. Of course it makes sense, and it doesn’t necessarily tell us that he’s in poor shape. 

But it does tell us he not in good shape. While we all certainly are rooting for a full recovery,  going to the hospital can’t be viewed as anything but an ominous sign, even if precautionary is a factor.  

Just now, dkp993 said:

But it does tell us he not in good shape. While we all certainly are rooting for a full recovery,  going to the hospital can’t be viewed as anything but an ominous sign, even if precautionary is a factor.  

I really don’t think it tells us anything. If Trump was a world class athlete (suppose it was President LeBron James for example)- if he gets Covid and I’m his doctor I want him at Walter Reed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I really don’t think it tells us anything. If Trump was a world class athlete (suppose it was President LeBron James for example)- if he gets Covid and I’m his doctor I want him at Walter Reed. 

Yeah I’m not buying that. We’ve got tons of information on Covid now. For lots and lots of people it’s pretty mild for others it’s deadly. If he was on the asymptomatic and mild side they wouldn’t be admitting him already and saying it was for multiple days this early. The tea leaves are reading that they’re concerned this is not going to be on the mild side for him. Also no mention of Melania going there.   Again for clarity sake I am in no way shape or form for rooting for this to be bad, but these early signs should have people concerned

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Maybe, but there is literally an army of doctors that could be at the WH with all that medical equipment and most likely is. This isn’t a good sign. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Some people get sick and sicker at hospitals, that's a big reason while lengths of stay have decreased. But the president at Walter Reed should be super isolated compared to the average patient. And there are benefits to equipment that may be available there, such as CT scanners, rapid blood test results, etc. There must be some concern that it could get worse, although his current symptoms might not be severe. We'll know soon.

• Like 1

The media is sick. 

Trump Doctor makes announcements: Trumps doing fine, good health, very little symptoms, we are just being overly cautious. 

Media: But, but, hes in the hospital, something must be really wrong. 

Media: But , but, they arent telling us something, you dont go to the hospital unless something is seriously wrong. 

Media: But, but, 

They are trying to will him into get really sick. Its sickening. 

Me: There is an office and rooms specifically set up for the President at Walter Reed?  Why wouldnt you hang out there for a few days just in case?

• Like 1

Just now, tonydead said:

The media is sick. 

Trump Doctor makes announcements: Trumps doing fine, good health, very little symptoms, we are just being overly cautious. 

Media: But , but, they arent telling us something, you dont go to the hospital unless something is seriously wrong. 

Me: There is an office and rooms specifically set up for the President at Walter Reed?  Why wouldnt you hang out there for a few days just in case?

Also:

Trump Chief of Staff: “The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

But, sure, lets blame the media for reporting what the Administration is telling them.  No wonder they get the "Fake News" tag.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:
8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The media is sick. 

Also:

Trump Chief of Staff: “The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

But, sure, lets blame the media for reporting what the Administration is telling them.  No wonder they get the "Fake News" tag.

Doesn't fit the narrative, its unfair for you to bring in those facts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Trump is going to be fine. Sorry to disappoint you. 

He should end up being fine, he’s getting the best care early. Hopefully he’s out of there in a day or two. There are also excellent facilities at the WH itself. People “rooting” for otherwise are probably trolling don’t engage bots. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

Maybe, but there is literally an army of doctors that could be at the WH with all that medical equipment and most likely is. This isn’t a good sign. 

True, but spending a couple of days at the top place in the world for him to be isn’t a bad precaution. They’re catching it early and he’s getting the best treatment. Hopefully he’ll be out in a day or two to proceed from the WH.

1 hour ago, tonydead said:
1 hour ago, toshiba said:

Doesn't fit the narrative, its unfair for you to bring in those facts!

Trump is going to be fine. Sorry to disappoint you. 

That does not disappoint me.  I want Trump 100% healthy on election day.  I want his defeat to be so obviously based on his policies and he has no excuse about it being about health.  Besides that, Baron seems like a decent kid, I do not want him fatherless!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

FOX NEWS: Steve Scalise says coronavirus testing on Capitol Hill has been offered to Nancy Pelosi, but she turned it down

:shrug:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has revealed that she has tested negative for the virus (via CNN). Pelosi's chief of staff, Drew Hammill, posted on Twitter stating, "Out of an abundance of caution, Speaker Pelosi was tested for COVID-19 this morning by the Capitol's Office of the Attending Physician. Dr. Monahan just informed the Speaker that she tested negative." Speaker Pelosi was tested following a meeting with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin where the two continued talks about an additional aid package for the coronavirus response. Mnuchin also tested negative for the virus.

Drew Hammill@Drew_Hammill · 23h

Out of an abundance of caution, Speaker Pelosi was tested for COVID-19 this morning by the Capitol’s Office of the Attending Physician. Dr. Monahan just informed the Speaker that she tested negative.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

• knowledge dropper changed the title to TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place